AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-05-01, 11:52   Link #8841
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

What about having Kyonko's memory about V-day jogged by Mitsuuru (Big)? Someone Kyon-chan would want to give chocolates to without question.
Old 2008-05-01, 12:03   Link #8842
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
What about Mitsuuru describing the whole treasure hunt, thus creating another self-consistent predetermined event for Kyonko to fulfill. She then describes the treasure hunt plan to Itsuko.

Spoiler for Bedroom infodump scene.:

BTW, Asahina Michiru => Mitsukuni? Mitsuhiko? Masaru? Mahiro?

Last edited by otai; 2008-05-01 at 12:44.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:06   Link #8843
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
What about Mitsuuru describing the whole treasure hunt, thus creating another self-consistent predetermined event for Kyonko to fulfill. She then describes the treasure hunt plan to Itsuko.

That works. Let's do that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:12   Link #8844
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!

I'm wondering if we should abandon the treasure hunt (and dig) for this and have something that essentially does the same thing; like a scavenger hunt of some kind. We could have it in such an area where advertising for V-day is ever present, but Kyonko ignores it until pointed out by Itsuko (I agree that her and/or the organization should help plan the outing whichever form it takes).

Old 2008-05-01, 14:20   Link #8845
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post

BTW, Asahina Michiru => Mitsukuni? Mitsuhiko? Masaru? Mahiro?
... Mashiro ...? *shameless My Otome-manga reference*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That works. Let's do that.
I concur! It's a fine idea. ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:29   Link #8846
Discreet
The Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'm wondering if we should abandon the treasure hunt (and dig) for this and have something that essentially does the same thing;
That's called giving up.
Discreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:30   Link #8847
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
That's called giving up.
Ouch.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 15:29   Link #8848
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

It's not like this is set in stone though. We have a long way till volume 7. Someone might think of something else.

I don't quite like in this scenario, given that Haruki seems to be given an indication that he's getting something to soon. We really got to give this for all we've got, and get Haruki to really stew over this.

Of course I don't actually have any better idea's...
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 16:00   Link #8849
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
... Mashiro ...? *shameless My Otome-manga reference*
Why not "Minoru"?
Old 2008-05-01, 16:09   Link #8850
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Why not "Minoru"?
Because in the My Otome manga, Mashiro is a trap character; a boy who has to crossdress and replace the princess of the kingdom of Wind.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 17:46   Link #8851
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
When thinking of Mitsuru's voice, I thought of Quatre(?) from Gundam Wing.

I still think name change is in order. Because in my mind, THIS will always be Mitsuru.

Spoiler for MITSURU-SENPAI!:
No one wants a name change? Does the forbidden picture not sway you?
Old 2008-05-01, 17:53   Link #8852
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
No one wants a name change? Does the forbidden picture not sway you?
We're using "Mitsuuru", not "Mitsuru".

And I have yet to play P3...
Old 2008-05-01, 18:08   Link #8853
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
We're using "Mitsuuru", not "Mitsuru".

And I have yet to play P3...
...I haven't even played P2 or P1. For that matter, I haven't played any of the Shin Megami Tensei games, either. (If I remember correctly, the Persona series is a spin-off of SMT.)

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2008-05-01 at 18:46.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 18:45   Link #8854
Kagedanji

And keep in mind that the three games have nothing to do with eachother storywise, so go ahead and pick up P3.
Old 2008-05-01, 18:49   Link #8855
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
And keep in mind that the three games have nothing to do with eachother storywise, so go ahead and pick up P3.
...You don't know my personality, so of course you wouldn't know, but...I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive and find it annoying to play games out of order, even if they're unrelated. (I did the same thing with the Final Fantasy series...although I think I did start playing VII and VIII before I went to the beginning, but that was only because of the unavailability of the first few games for the systems I had at the time [namely, a Game Boy Advance SP] as well as my lack of knowledge of emulators. I did eventually pick up 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, though. [But haven't finished 3, 5, or 6...or 8...Bah. No more thinking about my progress in the FF games]). Of course, the ultimate reason for not going out and getting the game: I don't have any console systems. Yes, I have a Nintendo DS, and yes, I do sometimes use emulators (>_>), but I don't have a PS2 or anything like that.

Also: I was thinking about the term "GAR" a few minutes ago and realized that I haven't really heard it very much in reference to any women, and I started to wonder about that. I mean, the qualities that seem to be associated with GARness can be held by women just as much as by men (although they're not necessarily considered as admirable in women as they are in men).

Then I realized: Joan of Arc was GAR.

(Admittedly, with probably a touch of some mental disorder, considering the whole hearing-voices thing she had going).

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2008-05-01 at 19:19.
Old 2008-05-01, 19:51   Link #8856
Kagedanji

I'll have to warn you then, P1 and P2's gameplays are kind of wonky in my opinion. 1st person dungeons, using the shoulder buttons to turn, etc. All of the original characters and their names are ruined because these games were released back when people were afraid of Japanese references. VERY hard to find, not that I've tried, though.

P3 is the only one that's actually innovative, since the other two were just your average turn based battle RPGs. It just doesn't feel great when you're playing extremely old games in the turn of next-gen. Maybe that's just me. Turning to the really old games, especially and probably only the ones I've not played, depresses me. Actually, make that ALL old things other than people. Elderly people, I can get along with.

BACK ON TOPIC.

The extra "U" cannot make me replace this failiure of a male species with Kirijo-sama!
Old 2008-05-01, 20:07   Link #8857
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
I'll have to warn you then, P1 and P2's gameplays are kind of wonky in my opinion. 1st person dungeons, using the shoulder buttons to turn, etc. All of the original characters and their names are ruined because these games were released back when people were afraid of Japanese references. VERY hard to find, not that I've tried, though.

P3 is the only one that's actually innovative, since the other two were just your average turn based battle RPGs. It just doesn't feel great when you're playing extremely old games in the turn of next-gen. Maybe that's just me. Turning to the really old games, especially and probably only the ones I've not played, depresses me. Actually, make that ALL old things other than people. Elderly people, I can get along with.

BACK ON TOPIC.

The extra "U" cannot make me replace this failure of a male species with Kirijo-sama!
1. You may be right, but I've found that, when the graphics involved aren't 3D (i.e. when they're sprite-based), a lot of old games can still be fun to play (Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, Super Metroid, etc.). In fact, even some old 3D games with bad 3D graphics can be fun to play (example: Soul Blade).

2. You spelled "failure" wrong. >_>
Old 2008-05-01, 20:15   Link #8858
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
2. You spelled "failure" wrong. >_>
That makes no difference in the fact that the name belongs to Kirijou-sama.
Old 2008-05-01, 20:20   Link #8859
shaoron
AQS representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
I'm thinking more of Kyonko forced to ride while balancing on/against the steering wheel, with Yuuki behind Haruki. If Kyonko questions it, Haruki can justify it by saying "I thought you'd be the lightest, seeing as how small and thin you are -- you don't have any spare fat anywhere, do you?" Count of one for Kyonko to realise what he's implying and for her to start fuming, while still marveling that Haruki could steer effortlessly with her in front. Followed by mute self-loathing as she realises this means she thinks she's fat.
hmmm... i made it so that haruki was insulting kyonko.. but this sounds great as well.. i'll edit it and see how it comes up...

to those giving great ideas on "Intrigues"...
start writing!
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 20:21   Link #8860
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The extra "U" cannot make me replace this failiure of a male species with Kirijo-sama!
Names make little difference. Haruki shares a name with this guy. So what?

Quote:
Also: I was thinking about the term "GAR" a few minutes ago and realized that I haven't really heard it very much in reference to any women, and I started to wonder about that. I mean, the qualities that seem to be associated with GARness can be held by women just as much as by men (although they're not necessarily considered as admirable in women as they are in men).

Then I realized: Joan of Arc was GAR.

(Admittedly, with probably a touch of some mental disorder, considering the whole hearing-voices thing she had going).
Two words: Gurren Lagann.

Quote:
1. You may be right, but I've found that, when the graphics involved aren't 3D (i.e. when they're sprite-based), a lot of old games can still be fun to play (Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, Super Metroid, etc.). In fact, even some old 3D games with bad 3D graphics can be fun to play (example: Soul Blade).
Soul Blazer is another example of an amazing old game. One of the best RPGs ever, in my books.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan