AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 14:31   Link #9101
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

I saw that coming... Really... I started to suspect when in the second episode of the anime - 3rd Season - Time 0:40 - 0:44. Nikaidou watching without doing nothing.

Plus the similarities between Nikaidou and Dokurou in the current manga arc...
Old 2013-11-16, 14:35   Link #9102
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
But Nikaido has stated that she went to college normally. If she has been constantly pursued by Vintage, I find it hard to believe that Dokurou can maintain a relatively normal human life for 10 straight years.

There's also the issue of Nikaido needing Akari/Rimyuel to work.
Maybe she can manage it.

Here's the thing... Dokurou is most likely a character that Keima knows. From Dokurou's line she's also a character who's near him since the start(chapter 1). Her hair, eyes, and age kind of match too. There's just no other character to meet all of these. If you think otherwise then name another character who matches at the very least the first 2 criteria.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:48   Link #9103
Eleutheria
旅行癖

NIKAIDO = NIKAI-DO = 二回-DO, literally, the second time? The second time DO(KURO)? hmmm
Old 2013-11-16, 18:47   Link #9104
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Maybe she can manage it.

Here's the thing... Dokurou is most likely a character that Keima knows. From Dokurou's line she's also a character who's near him since the start(chapter 1). Her hair, eyes, and age kind of match too. There's just no other character to meet all of these. If you think otherwise then name another character who matches at the very least the first 2 criteria.
Keima could have just been referring to seeing Dokurou in those weird dreams before he was sent back in time.

While it's true that Nikaido is the only character remotely close to fitting the bill (i.e. she's the only good character who knows Hellian magic outside of the capturing squad girls), she is far from a perfect fit.
There are too many loose ends concerning how and why she is working with Akari/Rimyuel, along with Dokurou outright saying "I won't be seeing you either, Onii-chan."

Nikaido is a little too close to Keima to be acting as a decoy. Don't you think Vintage would have appeared at Maijima Academy far more often if one of their biggest threats set up home base there?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 20:20   Link #9105
kagato3

She only needs to ware the collar for a short time. Once the spirits are released and things not go as planned vintage will figure out something is wrong but by that point things will be far too late then she can just disappear.

It does make some of the questions she asked and payments for info when he went to her durring the capture of the teaching assistant a bit funnier. She also seemed a bit found of him when speaking to Akari at the end of her arc. Also as someone pointed out it looks like Tenri and Nikaido were talking at the start of the arc ch 198 page 13.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 20:34   Link #9106
EliteF22

The collar/choker was a dead give away about who she is in the future. Putting it on in front of him was her big hint without actually telling him her name.
EliteF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 22:05   Link #9107
Asakura Hana

i wonder what happens when the vintage pursues to nikaido ?
Asakura Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 22:47   Link #9108
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Nikaido is only 22 in the current timeline so go back 10 years and we have her 12 year old form kissing Keima.

When I think about it, the reason she's always angry with him is to keep her cover while secretly watching over him.

I have no problem if Nikaido-sensei is end game. None at all.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-11-16 at 23:35.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 00:04   Link #9109
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I doubt that Nikaido is a direct inarcation. Maybe another reborn, but this time with an disastorous ending? The price of seperating from Skull? Maybe our silent little girl is her past self got animated.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 01:02   Link #9110
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Nikaido is only 22 in the current timeline so go back 10 years and we have her 12 year old form kissing Keima.

When I think about it, the reason she's always angry with him is to keep her cover while secretly watching over him.

I have no problem if Nikaido-sensei is end game. None at all.

Images
Nikaido being 22 and looking so MILFy? That's so wrong.

And be careful Keima! Don't look at her chest! She will dominate and enslave you with them!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 01:31   Link #9111
forcerounds

So I read a bit of the beginning of the arc again. Keima makes remarks about the goddess hosts being predestined, and perhaps by him. Anyone think that making sure the goddesses enter the right host is the last task Keima has in the past before returning to the future?
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 01:53   Link #9112
Manic
real men love pink

It makes too much sense not to be Nikaido. Look alike, fits the criteria of watching over/being close keima, ages match up.

Ppl can try to disprove it, but you know what they say. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck

and yeah that machine that they were using to put lose souls into the girls i assume will be used by keima to put the goddess in the correct girls so he can concur them in the future.
Old 2013-11-17, 02:44   Link #9113
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The only men not easily enslaved by chests are DFC lovers.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 05:22   Link #9114
Asakura Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
S/M Route. Remember the festival?

Also, if Nikaido is Dokurou, that means Akari = Elsie's older Sister?
WTF?! explain ...
Old 2013-11-17, 05:28   Link #9115
Asakura Hana

am i the only one here thinking that there is one more Goddess ? specifically "demeter (God of good harvest)" ? and it is in Chihiro ?

and also, i think there is more in chihiro-keima story coming..
Old 2013-11-17, 06:23   Link #9116
EliteF22

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
So I read a bit of the beginning of the arc again. Keima makes remarks about the goddess hosts being predestined, and perhaps by him. Anyone think that making sure the goddesses enter the right host is the last task Keima has in the past before returning to the future?
Yea, pretty sure that's what the reconfigured device is. It's what allows Keima to make the girls goddess hosts. To make the world that he knows.
EliteF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 09:41   Link #9117
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura Hana View Post
WTF?! explain ...
Bait and switch theory. What if the little girl isn't Elsee but her big sister. Rimuel/Akari and Elsee conveniently miss each other.

Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura Hana View Post
am i the only one here thinking that there is one more Goddess ? specifically "demeter (God of good harvest)" ? and it is in Chihiro ?

and also, i think there is more in chihiro-keima story coming..
Wild Mass Guessing predicts it is Miyako.

Images
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 09:56   Link #9118
Avaricia
My Lord

Elsie's Sister is said to be a genius.
Nikaido highly respects Akari and she is the source of her strong powers. This means that she is a genius even though she has the body of a child
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 11:54   Link #9119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And be careful Keima! Don't look at her chest! She will dominate and enslave you with them!
I would gladly let her dominate me

Old 2013-11-17, 14:26   Link #9120
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Elsie's Sister is said to be a genius.
Nikaido highly respects Akari and she is the source of her strong powers. This means that she is a genius even though she has the body of a child
AFAIK Akari is a noble(I believe it was mentioned in a chapter but I can't recall which chapter) which explains why Nikaido uses the "sama" title when referring to Akari.

I don't think the other demons would be making fun of Elsie if she's also a noble.

edit: after checking it wasn't explicitly stated that Akari is a noble but it is somewhat implied since Nikaido made a reference to "Roman Holiday"... so Akari may be a princess.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen