AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 13 23.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 02:54   Link #21
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nakata View Post
screens up at
http://ariaanime.wordpress.com/2008/...ukaima-pnr-07/

I do feel sorry for Henrietta she lost her love and now eyes Saito. But it was sort of his fault that he followed through with the princess actions, as she tricked him into believing she was Louise. I find it interesting that Colbert is back I hope they explain how he's alive and more info of Tabatha helping sheffield.
Surprisingly enough, I don't think the devout novel-reading fans were all that surprised with Colbert's return, for obvious reasons.
Old 2008-08-19, 07:00   Link #22
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The problem is that the situation of Colbert's death in anime and novels are different.. In novels it is explained pretty well, but i can't see the same thing in anime... Well maybe the authors will ignore the explanation hoping that the ZnT audience are so ignorant that they do not care about plot (or plot holes) and would be interested in only more boobs.
Old 2008-08-19, 14:22   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah his death in the second season was well, death. Just bringing him back like that is seriously wtf, and i'm pretty sure the explanation for it is gonna be completely wacky. Anyway at least it explains where Kirche has been all this time.

Anyway great episode yet again. I do love the comedy in this season, 'cause every joke just seems to hit the spot. Especially Guiche's scenes --- i just knew he'd turn out to be himself at the ball.

Also something i wanted to mention in this thread was the whole Henrietta/Saito incident. At the end of the day he went to kiss her, and he knew it. He couldn't give Louise a reason as to why he did it, so the drama surrounding all that was quite different from what we've seen upto now in this series. I do wonder if they'll follow up on that.
Old 2008-08-19, 14:25   Link #24
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
I think that was the best episode of this season until now, but it leaves two questions in my head.

- How did Colbert come back to life?
- Is Henrietta working with the enemy or is she really interested in Saito?
Old 2008-08-19, 17:08   Link #25
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm not sure whose masquerade was creepier... Osmond's, or Tiffania's.
Old 2008-08-19, 17:18   Link #26
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I think Tiffanias was....Saito with giant boobs thats just creepy, Osmond ateast had a hot lady :P.

All i can say since i understand most of the episode is Saito no baka >.>
Old 2008-08-19, 18:48   Link #27
Stridone

Old Osmond was epic! Best joke of the season probably. Saito is an idiot, and I don't like the preview for the next episode (Louise being pissed at Saito AGAIN, when will there finally be some development in their relationship?). Still, it was an enjoyable episode.
Old 2008-08-19, 21:03   Link #28
Xhokhusmak

The first scene of this episode was animated amazingly well done. If only the entire series was done the same way. It reminded me of the old Disney cartoon epics.

Don't make fun of me, but when Colbert died in season2, I was almost crying, such a great scene. Now they've ruined that memory... =(
Old 2008-08-19, 21:51   Link #29
gugumomu
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
First half was very fun. The bit about the princess kinda pissed me off (it's completely Saito's fault this time)
the scriptwriters/director or whoever sets the story details really do try hard to put Saito in a bad light (my opinion is that they don’t care at all about the little details in the anime). at this point Louise knows that Saito is "madly in love" with her and Saito also knows that Louise has feelings for him (even though she didn’t yet confess, she accepts his advances) , still he lightly kisses another girl (what is his excuse? trying to comfort the princess?). Darknemo2000, you're right. Saito is a bastard. maybe we'll have a "Saito gets them all" ending
first half was very funny, way better then the comedy in ep6. second half was plainly rushed.
Old 2008-08-19, 23:03   Link #30
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I was pissed before because it seemed that Saito was cheating Louise because of bigger breasts... and that would be simply stupid.

This time it was different... there were feelings involved and i dont think loving someone is wrong. Henrietta really likes Saito but she stopped herself all this time because she knew how Louise felt. She didnt plan to turn into Louise and trick Saito during the ball but things just happened to turn out like that... im not saying what Henrietta did was ok but at least i can understand and forgive her...

Now back to Saito. The first kiss can be overlooked because he thought it was Louise but the second one wasnt nice, although i get the feeling it was pity/compassion rather than love that made him do that. Life isnt easy for Saito either... being called "water flea" all the time and 90% of time with Louise he is either being punished or ignored.

Considering all this and he apologising to Louise at the end..... i guess i can forgive him this time. No man is perfect and we are talking about teenagers love here xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
the scriptwriters/director or whoever sets the story details really do try hard to put Saito in a bad light (my opinion is that they don’t care at all about the little details in the anime). at this point Louise knows that Saito is "madly in love" with her and Saito also knows that Louise has feelings for him (even though she didn’t yet confess, she accepts his advances) , still he lightly kisses another girl (what is his excuse? trying to comfort the princess?). Darknemo2000, you're right. Saito is a bastard. maybe we'll have a "Saito gets them all" ending
first half was very funny, way better then the comedy in ep6. second half was plainly rushed.
Louise knows that Saito loves her and he proved it more than enough times but what about Louise's efforts? Sacrifises always came from Saito (not going back to his world and even prepared to die for her) but Louise cannot say something as simple as "i love you"?

I was angry at Saito on the previous episodes because he was betraying Louise for bigger breasts. What was the meaning for all he sacrificied? This time at least there is something to backup his actions.

Last edited by incube; 2008-08-19 at 23:34.
Old 2008-08-19, 23:56   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Thats because Louise's pride, which could be left behind easily if only Saito would show more that he cares...But..One moment he shows he cares - the other he goes all whooing about big breasts destroying all that moment... yes, healthy young man, yes, blah blah blah but again twe are not just monkeys thinking with only genetalia... There is something in between...And Saito fails to show that, or when he is very close to that he goes off and kills the moment completely...

I can understand why Louise is so angry. It is not like Saito is the best guy around. He is not particularly inspiring about his love.. I would be doubting his feelings by now for sure... yep he does heroic effort..says he loves..and goes off ogling other girls or kissing them...
Old 2008-08-20, 02:42   Link #32
Franckisted

For those who read the novel, I have a request.
Please could you tell my the differences between these 2 scenes:

1- Saito/Henrietta "almost" kissing and Louise showing up.
2- Colbert return.

Thank you very much.
Old 2008-08-20, 05:26   Link #33
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Thats because Louise's pride, which could be left behind easily if only Saito would show more that he cares...But..One moment he shows he cares - the other he goes all whooing about big breasts destroying all that moment... yes, healthy young man, yes, blah blah blah but again twe are not just monkeys thinking with only genetalia... There is something in between...And Saito fails to show that, or when he is very close to that he goes off and kills the moment completely...

I can understand why Louise is so angry. It is not like Saito is the best guy around. He is not particularly inspiring about his love.. I would be doubting his feelings by now for sure... yep he does heroic effort..says he loves..and goes off ogling other girls or kissing them...
i agree that there are no excuses for Saito's "healthy" behaviors and since this season started i've been wanting to punch him so many times ..... but this time it wasnt just some stupid monkey impulse. Even though i dont like it, i cant say that either of them were completly wrong.
Old 2008-08-20, 06:06   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Saito did quite well against Siesta last episode, and in the past he got away with touching Tifa's breasts (even though he shouldn't, though he used what she said as an excuse), though this time he has no way of getting out of it.

What i guess will happen, is that Henrietta will speak to Louise about it.
Old 2008-08-20, 08:42   Link #35
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I believe the only one Saito loves is Louise no matter how stupid he might become in front of a pair of breasts.... the real problem now is the relationship between Henrietta and Louise. I never liked Henrieta's character... she is too dependable on others and isnt dependable at all as a Queen.
Old 2008-08-20, 09:40   Link #36
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Thats because Louise's pride, which could be left behind easily if only Saito would show more that he cares...
Saito wouldn't be that way if Louise would show more that she cares. She still acts like she is ashamed of being seen in public with him... Saito has to make all the commitments and sacrifices and she doesn't?

At some point in the story Louise agreed to marry another man, nobody should give Saito a hard time. Serves her right...
Old 2008-08-20, 10:31   Link #37
ipernorris

At the end of second seson didn't Louise and Saito marry?!? So what the heck are you guys talking about Louise still not confessing to Saito?!? A married couple is SUPPOSED to love each other, it's pretty implicit.
Old 2008-08-20, 12:53   Link #38
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

WOW alot of mixed feeling in here....i can see good points on both sides but its not like he did kiss her? if he didnt care he wouldnt have run after her and made such an effort to apologize to her....as for the princess i never really liked her so my comment will be biased... she needs to keep it in her own pants ...and saito knows louise like him especially at that last scene...
I believe the next episode will explain alot of thing...which will give the viewers something to be happy with... i kinda hope louise slaps the princess like in the novel or a extreme apology...
I predict the first half Louise still being mad and towards the end a make up.. I saw Kirche doing something so she might be part of the "pissing louise off"
Old 2008-08-20, 13:00   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Saito wouldn't be that way if Louise would show more that she cares. She still acts like she is ashamed of being seen in public with him... Saito has to make all the commitments and sacrifices and she doesn't?
You're not understanding the real problem here, Saito has already said a number of times that he loves Louise and no one else --- so why is he going to kiss Henrietta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
At some point in the story Louise agreed to marry another man, nobody should give Saito a hard time. Serves her right...
Louise hasn't done nothing wrong, she's just a little week at showing her love to others --- though she's growing as the show progresses, opening up more to the man she loves. It's Saito who's in the wrong here.
Old 2008-08-20, 13:31   Link #40
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
At the end of second seson didn't Louise and Saito marry?!? So what the heck are you guys talking about Louise still not confessing to Saito?!? A married couple is SUPPOSED to love each other, it's pretty implicit.
Well, for one the only reason she did it was because she thought she was going to die. And secondly, let's not forget the way she approached him about it... It was something like: "I don't wanna die without getting married, and since you are the only man in town I guess you will have do, can't be helped". Right, right, we know that's not how she truly felt, and that the only reason she wanted to go alone was to spare Saito's life. But still, fact remains that she never truly confessed to Saito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're not understanding the real problem here, Saito has already said a number of times that he loves Louise and no one else --- so why is he going to kiss Henrietta?
But that is the real problem here, Louise never said "I love you". Until she does he can see other people.

Quote:
Louise hasn't done nothing wrong, she's just a little week at showing her love to others --- though she's growing as the show progresses, opening up more to the man she loves. It's Saito who's in the wrong here.
Well, in that case Saito hasn't done anything wrong either, he is just a little weak at saying "no" to hot chicks who keep falling into his lap. Since they are not officialy married and she never openly admitted to being his girlfriend, thecnically he didn't even cheat on her. He might have hurt her feelings (which is something she does to him on constant basis with the way she treats him), but didn't cheat.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2008-08-20 at 13:48.
Closed Thread