AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-19, 15:14   Link #341
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
ugh.. seriously... this DLC on release crap that EA/Bioware is pulling is starting to grate on me. As this is free with all copies, all this really does it gouge on the used game buyers and screw people that can't get online.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:24   Link #342
Statonxyb
hrm
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York, USA
Age: 31
People that cannot get online? I wasn't aware that the date is 1995.
__________________
Statonxyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 17:07   Link #343
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
it doesnt' affect me, but there are plenty of people that don't set up internet connections to there 360's or have limited bandwidth caps (alot of nations have this) which this will take a decent chunk of.

The main issue is that it's really not free and likely could have been included in the disc itself,
though the main target is the used/rental game market, it pretty much tells you unless you pay full retail you'll only get a portion of the game unless you want to pay extra for the DLC, either case it's a win win for them. As they just did the exact same thing with DA:O it's a obvious marketing ploy that EA is trying to pull.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 17:09   Link #344
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: [SWE]
Age: 28
As long as they don't cut material from the disc and put that into a DLC, forcing you to buy it, I'm not too bothered by any DLC.

Besides, I'm one of those with no connection to his 360 and now that I'm getting ME2 for PC I might just buy a couple if they prove worth it.
__________________

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:19   Link #345
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 29
screw the DLC and give us the damn game NOW!
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:58   Link #346
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
As this is free with all copies, all this really does it gouge on the used game buyers and screw people that can't get online.
Bolded line is exactly what they are trying to combat, since they don't make a penny off used games sales. Having free dlc with new copies means that they're encouraging people to buy new.

And to be quite honest, I'd rather have my money go to the developers than to your local gaming store, even if its a bit more expensive. The former enables new games in the future, while the latter does not benefit me at all. And besides, I have a bone to pick with my local EB stores, so the less money I give them, the better... >_>

As for the internet dl, well, I guess it doesn't really concern me, as I'm effectively on unlimited internet. But really now, very few people has a 360 and no net connection (how else are you going to play all the multiplayer FPS games the 360 offers? that's one of the big selling point of the 360), though those with caps, DLCs won't be anywhere near 100 MB. I'm sure you can spare that much out of the 10 GB or whatever transfer limit you have.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 19:06   Link #347
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Bolded line is exactly what they are trying to combat, since they don't make a penny off used games sales. Having free dlc with new copies means that they're encouraging people to buy new.

And to be quite honest, I'd rather have my money go to the developers than to your local gaming store, even if its a bit more expensive. The former enables new games in the future, while the latter does not benefit me at all. And besides, I have a bone to pick with my local EB stores, so the less money I give them, the better... >_>

As for the internet dl, well, I guess it doesn't really concern me, as I'm effectively on unlimited internet. But really now, very few people has a 360 and no net connection (how else are you going to play all the multiplayer FPS games the 360 offers? that's one of the big selling point of the 360), though those with caps, DLCs won't be anywhere near 100 MB. I'm sure you can spare that much out of the 10 GB or whatever transfer limit you have.
Well you can still buy the dlc from XBL I doubt it's going to be expensive.

I agree the 360 is pretty worthless without internet.

Though it's still a pretty screwy move. :/
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:40   Link #348
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Well, DAO's 'free DLC with new purchase' was worth 15 bucks.

So 5-10 bucks off the game, or buy it at full price, get DLC, and support the developers themselves? For me, the choice is obvious, but then again, not all people are willing to pay the extra dough.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 00:12   Link #349
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 29
was Mass effect's AI always dumb as hell?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 01:03   Link #350
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, DAO's 'free DLC with new purchase' was worth 15 bucks.

So 5-10 bucks off the game, or buy it at full price, get DLC, and support the developers themselves? For me, the choice is obvious, but then again, not all people are willing to pay the extra dough.
Ah nvm then. I'm not really up to date with the whole DLC thing. I just refuse to support that. Free dlc I have no problems with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
was Mass effect's AI always dumb as hell?
Pretty much.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 04:21   Link #351
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 34
Part 3 of the Sci vs Fi documentary on Mass Effect 2 out. Very interesting stuff, especially at 2.39 when Jalani attempts to interview you again. I am glad I gave her the falcon punch back in my full douchebag Renegade playthrough.
__________________
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 04:25   Link #352
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: [SWE]
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Pretty much.
At least the geth and humans was. Krogans at least tried to get close and damn did they hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
I am glad I gave her the falcon punch back in my full douchebag Renegade playthrough.
Shepaaard... PANCH!
__________________

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 08:27   Link #353
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 29
when does he do the Shepaarrrd Punch!?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 09:26   Link #354
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
when does he do the Shepaarrrd Punch!?


EDIT: First glimpse of Kelly Chambers, Shephard's personal secretary on Normandy in ME2
__________________

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-01-20 at 22:05.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:07   Link #355
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
New launch trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAyO-_cWBIM

EPIC
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:15   Link #356
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by xion valkyrie View Post
TALI! NOOO!!!!!! Don't leave those hips behind!
__________________
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 01:03   Link #357
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 29
i hope those are just the death scenes that can happen if taken certain desicious, because I DONT NOT WANT TALI OR ASHILY TO DIE!


and that Secretary is hotter than MJ
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 09:11   Link #358
LoweGear
Great Commandy One
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Like I heard from IRC:

"This isn't a trailer. This is a MOVIE."

The Launch trailer is FREAKING EPIC, especially with all the Normandy 2 love
__________________

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 10:09   Link #359
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28 37', North ; 77 13', East
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post


EDIT: First glimpse of Kelly Chambers, Shephard's personal secretary on Normandy in ME2
YAAAAEEEESSSSS!!! SHEEPPAARRDD PUNCH XD!!

That aside, really really looking forward to this one. Bioware is really pulling out all the stops ( yes, i really liked DA:O too, maybe not 9.5 material, but still damn good) - and ME2 looks wayy better.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 11:46   Link #360
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and that Secretary is hotter than MJ
I really hope you can tap more than one person I would be ok if it was at different times or the same time. SuZe then cheating on her with the secretary would be hilarious.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.