AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-20, 22:13   Link #1
ellifeedn
Thinker

Something different

Let me start by saying that although I don't like to play games I do like to watch them played by other people. If the game has a good story and decent graphics, it's like watching a show (to me). I've already done this with the God of War series (very epic) and plan to do this with the Bioshock series (very scary from what I've seen so far), though I'm open to anything (I'm not very picky). Could someone point out games that are great to watch?
Old 2010-05-20, 22:39   Link #2
gloh79
Sashimi Lover

Not really sure if you are console or genre specific but my suggestion are mainly rpgs since they are most "show-like" to me:

Final Fantasy Series
Xenosaga Series
Xenogears

Both Xeno titles (being slightly related to one another) have got a lot of "watching" to do, however, Xenogears being an older game for PS1 lack in graphics compared to today's games.
Old 2010-05-20, 22:44   Link #3
jedinat

Uncharted 1 & 2
Heavy Rain (practically a movie anyways, lol)
Resident Evil 4 (and maybe 5? Haven't played it)
Old 2010-05-21, 01:17   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For story and visuals, Xenosaga 1 is a really solid choice along with Final Fantasy X. In both of them you'll want to follow the story, and the game play will generally not get in your way.

In the RPG realm I'd also suggest the second installment of Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant. While the first installment is also a good game, Covenant has a great mix of visuals, plot and characters, with a witty script to boot. You don't need to have played the first game to enjoy this one.

Finally I'll suggest the original Ratchet & Clank. Like Shadow Hearts, it has a great script and characters and pretty good visuals for one of the first PS/2 games to be made. However it's a platform game with a lot of jumping and shooting rather than the more constrained approach of RPGs so "YMMV" as they say.
Old 2010-05-21, 04:54   Link #5
ash0ka

Send a message via AIM to ash0ka Send a message via MSN to ash0ka
Everyone has already suggested the Final Fantasy series. Every game is like a beautiful, really long movie.

I'd also recommend Max Payne and Max Payne 2. Yes, there was a movie made based off of the games, but it's not nearly as good as the games.

Last, but not least, the Silent Hill series. Fun to watch, scary sometimes, but overall great story.
Old 2010-05-21, 14:23   Link #6
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

No one mentioned MGS yet?
Closed Thread