Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-17, 22:16   Link #2221
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
So I heard that they were uncensoring some of this via http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...ier-than-ever/ (mod note: NSFW at all)

I don't see any 2011 torrents up, and I'm just wondering, if they show up on Nyaa is it okay to list them or does nipples = banned on animesuki?
I think issues are any of the groups subbing the DVD/BR version?; As I read the UTW & Ryuumaru combo decided they weren't going to sub it.
MAL

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-04-18 at 02:51.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 02:57   Link #2222
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I think issues are any of the groups subbing the DVD/BR version?; As I read the UTW & Ryuumaru combo decided they weren't going to sub it.
Yeah, AnimeSuki only lists DVD/BD versions of unlicensed works if they're produced by the original fansubbers, not if someone's "stealing" another group's sub scripts for the release. So if one of the subbers did a BD version, I think we would list it. We may also add a "Mature Content Warning" though, I suppose -- the show was already straddling the line in the TV airing, and the BD is definitely a little closer to the other side... (Though I will say, the added audio and completed animation actually does make some of those scenes a bit less awkward somehow, even if they're more suggestive as well.)
Old 2011-04-20, 06:44   Link #2223
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

One scene in episode 11:

TV version: Haru wakes Sora up by rubbing her breast(?)
Blu-Ray version: Haru wakes Sora up by rubbing her arm

LOL!
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 03:52   Link #2224
clubbreaker

does anyone find it odd... about the time frame of the canon arc (sora's arc)

Spoiler for Yosuga No Sora:

well this is anime so anythings possible...
clubbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 21:46   Link #2225
underpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubbreaker View Post
does anyone find it odd... about the time frame of the canon arc (sora's arc)

Spoiler for Yosuga No Sora:

well this is anime so anythings possible...
well some people have believed that they died and they are in heaven in the end, so I guess that would solve the easily traveling back to Europe problem.
underpaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 00:19   Link #2226
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^Count me in for that theory... the dying part at least, because by religious standards there's no way in hell, they'll go to heaven
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 00:49   Link #2227
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^Count me in for that theory... the dying part at least, because by religious standards there's no way in hell, they'll go to heaven
Psssh, by the silly western ones maybe, but I don't think it's so simply for Buddhism or Shintoism[common religion of japan ].
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 11:22   Link #2228
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Psssh, by the silly western ones maybe, but I don't think it's so simply for Buddhism or Shintoism[common religion of japan ].
But eastern ones, have other fatal flaws, social stratification, filial bondage, notion of spiritual purity, etc. So even more characters are bound to lead a tormented existence post-biological death
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 18:29   Link #2229
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Maybe Haru and Sora were reincarnated as another pair of twins elsewhere to repeat the cycle again.
Old 2011-05-18, 19:56   Link #2230
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I started watching this because I liked the character design, but till like half of the first episode I didn't know where it was heading too, not even the plot. After I got to the idea that Sora was in-love with Haruka I just though "oh jeez, this is just gonna be another 'School Days' finale...", I was already preparing myselft to see some bloody scenes, but then the hentai (is it the correct way to call it?) took me by surprise, once again I though it was gonna be another bad show and just continued watching to see what was gonna happen. Then the Akira arc started and was basicly the same, good voice actors, a decent story and a hentai final. Till there it wasn't neither a good or bad show, to me was just the prelude to the important part since the other were just non-canon events.
I, for some reason, didn't like Nao's arc, maybe for the fact that Haruka's love was just generated by some rape on his childhood which completely blinded him in something that I didn't considered 'love', different to the first parts of the story. It was kinda painfull to see this so predictible arc messing up the whole job of the author. However, it ended once again with a hentai scene and some sort of a 'happy' ending to everyone. Although if you think about it, there is only one happy final in each arc, the rest of the girls just keep dealing with their problems.
Now when I though that nothing could surprise me so far standing just on the last two episodes, everything came as I thought with Haruka feeling something that he considers wrong for his sister and trying to make himselft some illusion of 'happiness' without her. I don't blame him, unlike some male leads, he wasn't complete stupid or brainless, he was actually trying to be normal and make his sister happy at the same time. Even when it was hard, thinking that it was the best for boths justify everything he did. Now when he founds Sora on the room having fantasies about him and he starts crying I passed from school days final to a 'suicide' for the finale (I like trying to predict the finales, I just can't help it). Blabla, some random date, he finally screws it up and his plan of being normal gets ruined when Sora reveals him her feelings, at that point I guess his thoughs were just as every teenages, giving up when you can't support it anymore. At least they could find some happiness in that way. In this point I think that I was more on the Sora's viewpoint, they didn't have anybody else and both wanted that, do you really want to be unhappy for the rest of your life just for what some people that you merely know say? I say this putting myself on both sides shoes.
(At this point I realize how long this post is gonna be lol)
Then when the things got complicated, I guess that the only thing that were wrong with them was to show their love to everyone. I mean, it's ok if you two guys want to be together as a couple, but there is REALLY the need to show it to everyone? And more important, knewing that they won't accept it because that's just the way that people is. At the they digged their own grabes. Having sex on a place where they can be easily find shutting their mouths and screaming around, they searched for that by themselft. But I must agree that the girl (I don't even remember her name) was really putting her nose where she didn't got to, but well, it is a drama story, somebody always got to mess up or it would be boring.
Then the whole trying to come back to normal strategy of Haruka was kinda stupid, there is no come back to the thing they did and there is no way to solve it. And specially, a person simply can't kill his feelings just to fit in with what other people spect of them, I understand how Sora felt, how can he make other people feel happy when he can't even solve the problems with his own sister (and now lover). Suicide in that condition didn't seem a bad idea under so much sadness and pression. I felt like if I were right the whole time and that both were gonna die there in the lake, but they got out (maybe some kind of 'rebirth' concept?) and once they accepted what they were and what they felt, took the most mature choice: accept and try to live on.

After all, you can't change what you are, the concept that 'people can change' isn't true to me. The only way that applies is when the person hides a bigger part of himself to the others. People always hide a little spot of their lives to the others, even couples, even to their closest friends, even to their family, this is a fact that none can deny. But only by letting those little things to brung out is the way to be their real self. Sora and Haruka represents this, at least to me, you don't choose to how you want to fall in love, and more important, you don't control it, and the best thing you can do is to accept it. This was the message I received from this story.

My personal rating to this anime: 8.8/10

Last edited by SkyFlames; 2011-05-18 at 22:56.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 22:56   Link #2231
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

[Just wanted to put this separately from the previous review.]

And about the dying part. I think that both, Sora and Haruka reborned in some sort of alternate world. Since the current world got some differences with the one that they both travel in the ending. First, the Sora's bunny can be seen destroyed at their house, but then you see it on the train beside her, and second, the fact that traveling that long in so short time is impossible. But as well, they both being death isn't a suitable reason to me, because it would screw up one of the message of the show in some kind of 'twincest must die' final. And for the simple fact that they send a SMS to their friends. It's like a 'free interpretation' final, to me, they both got a second chance from whoever that god is in their world, either Yaveh, Ala or the same Budha. They both got out alive of that lake and the things started to change so they could start over again in some other place, where they could try over again to research happiness together.
Old 2011-05-20, 20:08   Link #2232
clubbreaker

i always wondered why sora's uniform has a longer sleeve than the uniform of other girls in the hozumi school... any thoughts on that?

and yeah... it is really free interpretation... that's what keeps it going... and that's what makes it all the more interesting... honestly though i would go to the part that they were alive though...

damn i really wish this anime had an epilogue or another season... but i think that's WAY WAY impossible though... great anime BTW... really loved it so much
clubbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 17:40   Link #2233
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh my.... I don't even know which one is right anymore....
Let me say this is one of the best adaptation anime from visual novel... (beside Clannad, etc)
I love Sora's arc but that's just sound very wrong....
argh! this anime distorts my mind and I don't even know whether I'm supporting HaruXSora or not...
nice one!
at first, I don't think that they are reborn or something like that... maybe they just be saved by someone else like Nao~chan (referring to the last image in ending song)
but you got the point if you said that the bunny in the house is showed in the train....
maybe they are reborn and that will be a more cool ending.... XD (and it won't distort my religion's teaching)... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 10:23   Link #2234
Stelgart

Ok,guys,I've got a question about episode 10. Haru said to Ryouhei :"I am relived .She's (Sora) made other friends than you,Ryouhei."(don't know if this is correct translation or not,because i don't know japanese language)

I understand why Haru said that,but i just can't find an answer:was Haru relieved because that pervert Ryouhei is not the only Sora's friend from now on -she has made other friends as well and Sora can now get by on her own without Haru worrying about her,or he was relieved because Sora and Ryouhei aren't friends and she has made friends with people not like Ryouhei?

I mean,Sora never paid attention to Ryouhei and even in episode 7 ,when he was trying to introduce himself,Sora completely ignored him. In episode 10 Haru looked really angry when Ryouhei was asking inappropriate questions about his sister and when he was talking about "I'm like,just about to ask her out".So when did Ryouhei and Sora become friends(talking about Sora's arc?).

Is it a plot hole or it's just my bad english and this quote means,that Ryouhei and Sora aren't friends and Haru is glad about it?

Last edited by Stelgart; 2011-08-06 at 10:37.
Stelgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 19:42   Link #2235
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelgart View Post
Ok,guys,I've got a question about episode 10. Haru said to Ryouhei :"I am relived .She's (Sora) made other friends than you,Ryouhei."(don't know if this is correct translation or not,because i don't know japanese language)

I understand why Haru said that,but i just can't find an answer:was Haru relieved because that pervert Ryouhei is not the only Sora's friend from now on -she has made other friends as well and Sora can now get by on her own without Haru worrying about her,or he was relieved because Sora and Ryouhei aren't friends and she has made friends with people not like Ryouhei?

I mean,Sora never paid attention to Ryouhei and even in episode 7 ,when he was trying to introduce himself,Sora completely ignored him. In episode 10 Haru looked really angry when Ryouhei was asking inappropriate questions about his sister and when he was talking about "I'm like,just about to ask her out".So when did Ryouhei and Sora become friends(talking about Sora's arc?).

Is it a plot hole or it's just my bad english and this quote means,that Ryouhei and Sora aren't friends and Haru is glad about it?
it was sarcasm in a way, haru was glad that ryouhei (who was interested in sora for perverted reasons) was not the only friend she made. he was happy to see her getting along with other people as well
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 03:53   Link #2236
Stelgart

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
it was sarcasm
Yes,i know it was sarcasm.I just could't understand this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
ryouhei (who was interested in sora for perverted reasons) was not the only friend she made.
There are only 2 options(straight facts) :

a) Ryouhei and Sora are not friends and Haru is glad about it and also about the fact,that she has made normal friends (not pervert like Ryouhei)

or

b)Sora and Ryouhei are friends but Haru was glad that she has made other friends as well.(but when did Ryouhei and Sora become friends in that case?)

Sora completely ignored Ryouhei in her arc ,we have't seen them talking to each other or walking together somewhere,so we can't say that Sora and Ryouhei are friends .And that means the option a) is the only correct option and that's what Haru was talking about when he said "I'm relieved.She has made other friends than you,Ryouhei".

Last edited by Stelgart; 2011-08-07 at 06:25.
Old 2011-08-07, 20:13   Link #2237
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think perhaps the subtlety of the sarcasm is a bit lost in the double-translation. I don't think either "being friends" or "not being friends" is exactly the point of the statement or really a central issue. I wouldn't say they're enemies, but I wouldn't exactly call them friends obviously -- Ryouhei is Haru's friend, and Sora's acquaintance. The central point is that he's glad she's getting along with other people, and thus not spending more time with Ryouhei.
Old 2011-08-09, 21:34   Link #2238
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Not to spam this thread again but this show teaches me that my life is made by death of others. The rest of characters' lives were made by deaths of the twins(I still believe that Haru and Sora died on that night).
Old 2011-08-09, 21:40   Link #2239
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not to revive the long-dead argument, but I think what happened in the omake symbolized that the twins actually survived, and that Nao was the one who saved them.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 01:32   Link #2240
Stelgart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Not to spam this thread again but this show teaches me that my life is made by death of others. The rest of characters' lives were made by deaths of the twins(I still believe that Haru and Sora died on that night).
The episode in the lake is absolutely the same in manga -i mean ,no explanation is given how ,but they survived in manga and it's 100% clear.So why should they be dead in anime in that case?

I don't support "dead ending" because "nice train to heaven " interpretation of the last scene sounds completely wrong to me. I still think it's a real train somewhere in Europe and Haru/Sora are alive.

First of all-i am atheist, but i don't think they could be happy together in heaven as lovers when they died in the lake(yes,i think Haru and Sora died,but they got another chance to live and they reborned),because their mission in the world they came from is incomplete.Haru accepted their relationship as lovers right before he died (it looks like Sora was already dead by that moment and that means his sister's death-suicide is his fault,because he accepted his feeling 2 late. He shouldn't had started sexual relationship with Sora (happy ending for everyone-Nao arc) but he did.Yes Haru was always responsible unlike Sora but that's why he should have thought twice before having sex with sister) and after they reborned Haru said,that he wants to make sure that Sora is happy as possible and he doesn't care how tough it will be or what other people will say.And now they should fight together to become happy and prove their feelings no matter what (that is why Nao said,that for Haru-chan the fight's just begun).Religions view suicide(in Sora's case) and sexual relationship between brother and sister as one of the greatest sins but that's why i believe,mystical powers of the lake saved them and gave both Sora and Haru another chance to Live, because Life is one big test—an on-going “final exam.”.Life is one big test for future reward in heaven. From now on their relationship as lovers has been accepted by heaven as well (because there is no way back to normal "brother-sister" relationship),but ,as i said before,after they reborned,Haru and Sora need fight to become happy and prove their feelings as long as they are alive so they could get a reward later.They wouldn't get happiness together as lovers in heaven so easily because it's a forbidden love after all and everyone should carry their own cross...So,if they will keep their feelings no matter how difficult it will be(like Haru said:"Why don't we look for it together.The path where our feelings can be kept dearest to us) if they will fight to be happy together and stay together until the end (now they don't have other choice)-the Highest power will grand them forgiveness,and they will be happy together as lovers even in heaven although they are siblings.Because every rule has an exception...

New rabbit doll just means a new life and a new start.Old one-relationship between them as brother and sister.But he is teared apart.There is no way back-they can't fix him.New rabbit doll-relationship between them as lovers.New rabbit doesn't look different because Sora and Haru are the same people.They are still siblings.It doesn't matter,where and how Sora got a new rabbit doll because i I don't even think that new rabbit is a physical object(although Sora is holding a rabbit with her hands).It's all about the connection between the two.

IMHO

P.S.

Like Marcus M. said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Not to revive the long-dead argument.Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Nao was the one who saved them.
Impossible...Nao said ,that she was going to look for Sora somewhere else.She wouldn't have enough of time to save them.Mystical powers of the lake mentioned not for fun.Omake is just an alternate story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I wouldn't say they're enemies, but I wouldn't exactly call them friends obviously -- Ryouhei is Haru's friend, and Sora's acquaintance. The central point is that he's glad she's getting along with other people, and thus not spending more time with Ryouhei.
Good explanation,ty

Last edited by Stelgart; 2011-08-10 at 14:47. Reason: grammar mistakes correction

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation