AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-04, 03:36   Link #81
prakash123

just a question

do you guys think that minato might be realted to SO6P?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 04:24   Link #82
thermopyle

Spoiler for :
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 07:46   Link #83
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
just a question

do you guys think that minato might be realted to SO6P?
No, I'm aware they look similar but hat's just too much.

Not that it would surprise me though.
Old 2012-02-04, 07:46   Link #84
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Yeah. Yahiko also had spiky hair , doesn't mean he's some what related to the Sage of 6 Paths.
Old 2012-02-04, 09:58   Link #85
prakash123

why yahiko?and the spiky hair?i mean when i look at minato it just reminds me of SO6P
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 10:14   Link #86
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

I was referring to the post above mine and agreeing that just because they look similar doesn't mean they're somehow related.

And how would you even get that idea when you don't even know how the Sage looks like other than his figure outline and his back?
Old 2012-02-04, 10:17   Link #87
Akashin

Similar hair, remotely similar cloak I suppose. From behind there is a vague resemblance.

That said, I'm going to say no relation on the grounds that Kushina is already descended from the Rikudo Sennin and that the Namikaze probably aren't (though we know nothing at all of Minato's family). What would it say of their relationship if Minato was too? <_<
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 10:20   Link #88
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
That said, I'm going to say no relation on the grounds that Kushina is already descended from the Rikudo Sennin and that the Namikaze probably aren't (though we know nothing at all of Minato's family). What would it say of their relationship if Minato was too? <_<
Part in bold made me

There's the possibilities of cousins Like the Rikudo Sennin being the great great great great great great great grandfather , he would have loads of grand kids by this era. But i guess even cousins are already that bad. But its the Ninja world so well weird things happen :P

Naw jus kiddin. The idea is too far fetched for me to believe.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:28   Link #89
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baragan View Post
I think its high time other characters were given upgrades 2
Outside of Sasuke, don't expect it. Kishi could of used the war to show improvement in the other characters, but choose not to with the exception of Gaara, Choji(and I 'd argue most of that was bad development), and maybe Ino. The others are pretty much what they were before. There is really no excuse for that with a war going on 15 months now. Did we really need to see that much Naruto?

Kishi has this habit of making Naruto seem underpowered and overemphasizing his idiocy in order to make his fights compelling. Before he pulls something out of his butt to win. But Kishi is also writing him now as Jesus, the Messiah, the Chosen One, the New Sage, Steven Seagal in his movies, due to his various over the top powerups. I think Kishi is struggling with trying to make Naruto this god-like hero, but also keeping him endearing and likable. A character you root for. Like Goku. It isn't working for me and just makes him ridiculously inconsistent. Instead of developing the character, and the others around him, Kishi just throws more powerups at Naruto. When you have to powerup a character that many times, there is something wrong with him and your writing. It's like a 14 year old girl writing a bad Mary Sue fanfic. What new pretty dress and can I give her now to cover up for this insipid story?

One of the main problems right now is that you feel no danger for Naruto. Not even the slightest feeling he and Kirbai could be captured and the Alliance(remember them?) could ever lose. Even though Kishi keeps telling us how many died and how great of danger they are in. Madara just isn't doing anything for me as a villain right now to make me believe he can win. And Kabuto? Oh wait, Kishi will have Itachi take care of him in a hero moment he really didn't need. So we don't feel that Naruto is overcoming any odds. We are just left with a lot of mish mash and squiggly lines.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:34   Link #90
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Similar hair, remotely similar cloak I suppose. From behind there is a vague resemblance.

most ninja clans are inbred. take the hyuuga or uchiha. they mostly have relationships with themselves. minato and kushina being somewhat related wouldn't really be a problem in that regard. at least in the narutoverse that is. but i think that was typical in actual ninja villages as well so it reflects reality I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Kishi has this habit of making Naruto seem underpowered and overemphasizing his idiocy in order to make his fights compelling. Before he pulls something out of his butt to win. But Kishi is also writing him now as Jesus, the Messiah, the Chosen One, the New Sage, Steven Seagal in his movies, due to his various over the top powerups. I think Kishi is struggling with trying to make Naruto this god-like hero, but also keeping him endearing and likable. A character you root for. Like Goku. It isn't working for me and just makes him ridiculously inconsistent. Instead of developing the character, and the others around him, Kishi just throws more powerups at Naruto.
but naruto has developed a lot. he's developed into this messiah type character and it took about 500 chapters to do it. if you don't like the character he's become then that's fine, but it's not correct to say he hasn't developed. most of the K11 haven't developed, but it's also because they aren't that interesting anymore or ever were in some cases. I'd prefer he didn't even develop Ino and Chouji in those recent chapters. His newer characters are much better. It just shows his improvement in character creation and writing imo, but I'm assuming you disagree.

Quote:
One of the main problems right now is that you feel no danger for Naruto. Not even the slightest feeling he and Kirbai could be captured and the Alliance(remember them?) could ever lose. Even though Kishi keeps telling us how many died and how great of danger they are in. Madara just isn't doing anything for me as a villain right now to make me believe he can win. And Kabuto? Oh wait, Kishi will have Itachi take care of him in a hero moment he really didn't need. So we don't feel that Naruto is overcoming any odds. We are just left with a lot of mish mash and squiggly lines.
right now we don't feel danger, but I'm not sure why you assume that will persist. I'm sure once Sasuke gets there, the tables will turn. As for Itachi, I'm assuming he will end the edo-tensei, but I also think Kabuto will beat him and become a very dangerous villain. I highly doubt Itachi will beat him. It's about time for the bad guys to start dominating. if it turns out they all just die easily then you're right and the story will suck, but I don't see that happening.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:58   Link #91
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
most ninja clans are inbred. take the hyuuga or uchiha. they mostly have relationships with themselves. minato and kushina being somewhat related wouldn't really be a problem in that regard. at least in the narutoverse that is. but i think that was typical in actual ninja villages as well so it reflects reality I think.
True, though that was more or less a joke. My main point was how contrived it'd be if Minato was descended from the Sage as well. The Uzumaki being a branch of the Senju was a bit hard to swallow at first (though it's gotten easier to buy since then), but having both Naruto's parents be descended from the Sage would be a bit much. Plus, where would the Namikaze fit in? A branch of the Uchiha, or yet another branch of the Senju? I just don't see it happening, and sincerely hope it doesn't.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 15:22   Link #92
DJ*

Someone will have to remind me on this one, but when the Sage of 6 Paths died, his descendents took different aspects of his strength, one I remember got his powerful eyes/techniques and was the other his power/physical strength?

If so, I'd imagine Naruto will gain 'true' power from the tailed beasts and Sasuke the EMS/Rinnegan combo that Madara was too old/injured to take advantage of (or maybe a development even beyond that) if Kishimoto plans to give us a true showdown.
Old 2012-02-04, 16:20   Link #93
Jouten

Quote:
Outside of Sasuke, don't expect it. Kishi could of used the war to show improvement in the other characters, but choose not to with the exception of Gaara, Choji(and I 'd argue most of that was bad development), and maybe Ino. The others are pretty much what they were before. There is really no excuse for that with a war going on 15 months now. Did we really need to see that much Naruto?

Kishi has this habit of making Naruto seem underpowered and overemphasizing his idiocy in order to make his fights compelling. Before he pulls something out of his butt to win. But Kishi is also writing him now as Jesus, the Messiah, the Chosen One, the New Sage, Steven Seagal in his movies, due to his various over the top powerups. I think Kishi is struggling with trying to make Naruto this god-like hero, but also keeping him endearing and likable. A character you root for. Like Goku. It isn't working for me and just makes him ridiculously inconsistent. Instead of developing the character, and the others around him, Kishi just throws more powerups at Naruto. When you have to powerup a character that many times, there is something wrong with him and your writing. It's like a 14 year old girl writing a bad Mary Sue fanfic. What new pretty dress and can I give her now to cover up for this insipid story?

I agree. That's the problem with most Shonen Mangas. Giving your main characters too many power ups over a short period of time and forgetting that every other character becomes useless by this. I hated it when it happened in Dragonball and I hated it when it happened in Bleach.
Old 2012-02-04, 17:44   Link #94
Lunarskylar

im kinda interested in yagura now.
it was said that only hashirama, madara, yagura and bee could fully control a bijuu

it looks like yagura and bee are the only ones who do it through cooperation and kindness and respect, as opposed to general traits fromt eh sage like madara and hashirama

soooo, if yagura was nice to the sanbi, it makes me wonder if the reason the sanbi was released and on its own when it was captured was because to protect it from madara, yagura broke his seal to release it.

Also a bit of an issue is this.... tobidara somehow was able to control both yagura and the sanbi (because he'd have to control them both at the same time to prevent the sanbi from disrupting yagura's chakra to break his genjutsu i'm assuming)

So if he has these capabilities, with the power of his sharingan... why has he not used it (and he probably won't either
Old 2012-02-05, 00:52   Link #95
iBeast

Only Sasuke can stop Naruto now...

Not.

Naruto is too strong. There is no point in drawing out the fights any longer. What is Kishi thinking powering up this kid so much?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 03:33   Link #96
Khun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
I'm surprised that I'm not reading more comments about that. I don't know if you were here reading the forums around when Sasuke fought Killerbee, but there was such an outcry here about how he was able to subdue the 8-tails at the end; and he only just barely made it out alive. In this case Naruto is able to take on 5 bijuu on his own without even getting hurt, just because he's using the kyuubi's power, and theres no problem about that. I don't care if he's the main character, that just sounds ridiculously overpowered to me.
Surprised? It's the usual hypocrisy and double-standards, of course.

Today those same people are trying to justify (uselessly) the number of power-ups being handed to him. How surprising.

Apparently it's good writing when Naruto does his immature and childish speech, or even one-liner, which earns him the power to transform into a Super Saiyan level 3.

"I'll do something about your hate Kyuubi."
"I'll save all of you Bijuu's."

Bijuu's: You convinced us Naruto. Let us give you our power.

I'm not sure who they think they're kidding. They'd rage and rage all day long if it was Sasuke (for much less), but since it's the dumb blonde kid, everything's ok.
Khun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 04:07   Link #97
bonsobon

Main characters are supposed to be overpowered in Shounen. It's been that way for mangas before Naruto and it'll be that way after as well. That's just how it is, like it nor not.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 06:46   Link #98
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:

mary sue indeed! i agree with everything you said.

Quote:
but naruto has developed a lot. he's developed into this messiah type character and it took about 500 chapters to do it. if you don't like the character he's become then that's fine, but it's not correct to say he hasn't developed. most of the K11 haven't developed, but it's also because they aren't that interesting anymore or ever were in some cases. I'd prefer he didn't even develop Ino and Chouji in those recent chapters. His newer characters are much better. It just shows his improvement in character creation and writing imo, but I'm assuming you disagree.
naruto hasn't really developed at all, character-wise that is. as far as i'm concerned he's still the same idiotic kid we knew from day one, the only difference is he's so much more powerful now. he still wants to save sasuke and sacrifice himself to save everyone. he's still the same stubborn kid who wants to be accepted and recognized. his comrades got very little character development as well. whatever happened to sakura? isn't she one of the original main characters along with kakashi, sasuke and naruto? sure, some of the characters are cooler than most, but there is such a thing called character development. kishi could make them cooler so the fans would pay more attention to them. the reason they became uninteresting is because kishi forgot about them and focused on something else. there are a lot of wasted characters in naruto if you ask me. if kishi doesn't need them anymore then he should kill them off one by one. this war is a good opportunity to kill off those uninteresting characters. if he could find no use for the likes of rock lee and neji then he should have allowed them to die during the sasuke retrieval arc or the rescue gaara arc. why allow them to hang around only to let them rot?

Quote:
right now we don't feel danger, but I'm not sure why you assume that will persist. I'm sure once Sasuke gets there, the tables will turn. As for Itachi, I'm assuming he will end the edo-tensei, but I also think Kabuto will beat him and become a very dangerous villain. I highly doubt Itachi will beat him. It's about time for the bad guys to start dominating. if it turns out they all just die easily then you're right and the story will suck, but I don't see that happening.
the war itself should have given us a sense of danger from the beginning. but so far this war has been nothing but a waste of time in my opinion. did those battles really matter? who are they fighting and for what? quest for power? whims of a madman? who are they fighting against? they technically only have 3 enemies, tobi, kabuto and zetsu. the rest are zombies and clones. i feel no real urgency from both sides. the ninja alliance may be winning right now but even if tobi's forces lose what will they lose? a bunch of dead ninja and zetsu clones? and where the hell is sasuke? why show him for but a few scenes without letting us know what he's really doing and then forget about him yet again? even if sasuke will prove to be much stronger than naruto, we all know what will happen in the end. naruto will talk-no-jutsu his way or pull something out of his ass to defeat sasuke. he would probably manage to convince him to join him in defeating madara, tobi and kabuto. so where's the danger there?

Quote:
Main characters are supposed to be overpowered in Shounen. It's been that way for mangas before Naruto and it'll be that way after as well. That's just how it is, like it nor not.
true. but in one piece the lead character is not the only one who is overpowered. his comrades are too. anyone who says that zoro or sanji are not ridiculously overpowered as well haven't been reading one piece lately.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-02-05 at 06:57.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:41   Link #99
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun View Post
Surprised? It's the usual hypocrisy and double-standards, of course.

Today those same people are trying to justify (uselessly) the number of power-ups being handed to him. How surprising.

Apparently it's good writing when Naruto does his immature and childish speech, or even one-liner, which earns him the power to transform into a Super Saiyan level 3.

"I'll do something about your hate Kyuubi."
"I'll save all of you Bijuu's."

Bijuu's: You convinced us Naruto. Let us give you our power.

I'm not sure who they think they're kidding. They'd rage and rage all day long if it was Sasuke (for much less), but since it's the dumb blonde kid, everything's ok.
what's really surprising is how someone who dislikes something so much still watches it and posts on forums about it...

also just as surprising is people who didn't think naruto would gain full control of the kyuubi and other bijou at some point in the story. and if said people did think it would happen, then why have a problem with the inevitable?

when sasuke and naruto finally fight or when naruto becomes hokage will you complain then as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
naruto hasn't really developed at all, character-wise that is. as far as i'm concerned he's still the same idiotic kid we knew from day one, the only difference is he's so much more powerful now.
well I disagree. naruto is much more mature and thoughtful imo. occasionally cracking jokes and screwing up is what reminds us that he still is naruto. if he transformed into someone stoic like itachi, it wouldn't be believable. he is a light hearted person and that shouldn't change.

Quote:
there are a lot of wasted characters in naruto if you ask me. if kishi doesn't need them anymore then he should kill them off one by one. this war is a good opportunity to kill off those uninteresting characters. if he could find no use for the likes of rock lee and neji then he should have allowed them to die during the sasuke retrieval arc or the rescue gaara arc. why allow them to hang around only to let them rot?
killing people is the easy way out. once naruto becomes hokage and/if the series does another time skip I'm sure most of them will return in some facet. they make up a whole generation. right now they are uninteresting and have faded away, but I don't think killing them off is the answer. Most ninja aren't interesting. they have simply developed into normal ninja and friends. it would be weird if all ninja became more powerful than the previous hokages or on similar levels. the most we could hope for with k11 is jounin at best.

Quote:
the war itself should have given us a sense of danger from the beginning. but so far this war has been nothing but a waste of time in my opinion. did those battles really matter? who are they fighting and for what? quest for power? whims of a madman? who are they fighting against? they technically only have 3 enemies, tobi, kabuto and zetsu. the rest are zombies and clones. i feel no real urgency from both sides. the ninja alliance may be winning right now but even if tobi's forces lose what will they lose? a bunch of dead ninja and zetsu clones? and where the hell is sasuke? why show him for but a few scenes without letting us know what he's really doing and then forget about him yet again? even if sasuke will prove to be much stronger than naruto, we all know what will happen in the end. naruto will talk-no-jutsu his way or pull something out of his ass to defeat sasuke. he would probably manage to convince him to join him in defeating madara, tobi and kabuto. so where's the danger there?
totally agree. i dont like most of this war either. it wasnt planned or executed well on kishi's part. i have been enjoying it since madara's resurrection though. and i think a sense of danger and urgency will happen, especially once sasuke gets there. i think he's been holding off on the itachi/kabuto fight for too long though.

Quote:
true. but in one piece the lead character is not the only one who is overpowered. his comrades are too. anyone who says that zoro or sanji are not ridiculously overpowered as well haven't been reading one piece lately.
bonsobon said main characters. zoro and sanji are main characters. just saying...

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2012-02-05 at 16:55.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:18   Link #100
tava5914
Hammer Space Pirate

Just wondering...

Just looking for and opionoin, does any think that naruto will reach the level of tranformation that "Bee" has, as in the flesh stage or will naruto stay in chakra form:
[cut]

Last edited by james0246; 2012-02-05 at 17:54. Reason: do not provide links to licensed materials...
tava5914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion