Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 21:57   Link #81
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Really good game. I couldn't say much about the story because I'm only at chapter 3, but things are building up to be interesting. Then again, my knowledge of Japanese is...

Also I didn't expect the battle system to be great! I thought it was slow and boring when I saw the video gameplay, but it's actually pretty good in practice. I only played TiTS series so the gameplay was a huge improvement

..oh and is it just me, but are all the craft skills are broken?
Glad to hear the battle system is a lot better than looked. It seem too slow with not a whole lot going on for the vids and screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Man, I wish I were playing it right now, but sadly I don't have the funds to import it at the moment (and probably won't be able to until around the holiday season ). But on the other hand, I DID find a rip of the soundtrack floating around to tide me over until the OST's release, for the time being!
Damn I thought you would of people had gotten their copy.

Quote:
Still, it's also rather sad to think that it probably won't be for at least a half-decade before we see this get localized (if that even happens at ALL)....
Hey, at least with Second Chapter's official localization announcement there is some actual hope of it coming at all.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 21:17   Link #82
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So, around 200k sales in two weeks for both vita and ps3. Not bad for a falcom game, yet also not great considering it's released on 2 platform. I wonder if they make a profit from the game.
Old 2013-10-09, 22:01   Link #83
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This is a very solid number, consider actual amount of the discs produced are divided between two platform.
Then there is the unrecorded on-line copies....
It'll be odd if it doesn't make profit.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 23:51   Link #84
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally finished this.

>that goddamn cliffhanger

orz falcom why would you do this? ;_; Things are REALLY picking up in epilogue chapter that it feels like they just dumped the whole foundation and teases for the next chapter in it. It really makes the last 6 chapters a bit useless Still, it really makes me interested for the next chapter which hopefully will come next year..

Oh and it's definitely not beginner friendly. Not in gameplay terms since you can get the gist of it easily in chapter 1-2, but the story would be really confusing for newcomers Then again, I guess everyone had known that you can't just pick Kiseki games in the middle without knowing what happened in the other games before it

..I did miss Ao/Zero though, but thankfully someone provided some summary in gamefaqs lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 00:17   Link #85
Kirayuki

I'd say try to play Zero/Ao while waiting for the sequel of Sen, there is a pretty good chance the story regarding Zero/Ao casts will be continued in the future. Not to mention they are quite essential for the stuffs Ouroboros planning to do in Empire.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:47   Link #86
marvelB

Quote:
orz falcom why would you do this? ;_; Things are REALLY picking up in epilogue chapter that it feels like they just dumped the whole foundation and teases for the next chapter in it. It really makes the last 6 chapters a bit useless Still, it really makes me interested for the next chapter which hopefully will come next year..

Heh, basically sounds like my first experience with Trails in the Sky.

I still plan to import this, though. Gotta keep my Falcom collection growing, after all!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 11:58   Link #87
Kirayuki

Finished the game. The last few hours of the game goes into something like Code Geass. Geez, I knew this beforehand but the cliffhanger is still pretty "awesome" (for lack of better word). Okay, not really. It's actually worse than FC because there is no preview for the next chapter like FC did

And we can probably expect a full blown mecha battle in the next chapter. Though I wish Falcom improve the battle system for this part. I'm also wondering what they will do to replace the school system in the next game.
Old 2013-10-17, 18:15   Link #88
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

They have to; the mecha battle is the worst part in this game for me. Mostly it's because it's too luck-based whether it's for countering or hoping the final boss wouldn't do link attacks during the fight

Also the command choices are really limited during mecha fight.. though I can see something like 'burst' mode later on in the next game

Old 2013-10-18, 00:31   Link #89
Kirayuki

Honestly, I only used Countering twice during the end part. I found that you have better chance of winning if you focus on buffing yourself and go for damage race early on (playing in Nightmare here). Yeah ultimately it still boils down to pure luck, though I heard your level did affect the stats a bit.
Old 2013-10-18, 03:15   Link #90
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Probably more HP and damage I beat it on hard and that takes 1-2 hours of retries Now trying for nightmare run here.. and even with stats transfer I'm still afraid of facing him

I did try to buff stack at first, but he tends to make my HP in range of 10-30k after stacking two times so I just say 'screw it!' and changed my strategy by focusing in counters after buffing once (using buff while counter so all my attacks will do more damages).

Oh and I just realized that it somehow managed to give off different/unique 'experience' in each fight since how you fight would probably depends on how much hit you got during the first part of the fight It's.. fun somewhat.

Old 2013-10-18, 03:33   Link #91
Kirayuki

It has around 240k of HP with each normal hit dealing 8600++ damage. Craft dealing around 11,000 damage (I was on Level 67 for Rean). I spent like 2 hours for it too because you don't know you're screwed up until you're running low on life stock

I spent like 5 tries focusing on Countering, which to all of my amazement failed horribly in the end because it's like I'm increasing the luck factor more due to how it doesn't always counter all the time and wasting the precious CP....

The thing with buffing twice and getting 50% bonus, you can get a chance to attack twice in a row during the process. I went through the process of double buffing twice and got 2 chances where I moved twice in a row. That means extra 20,000 damage (each normal hit that successfully hit the correct part deal around 10,000 damage). Plus, the rush damage deal around 43,000 damage. I made sure to have the 50% bonus whenever I am ready to use Rush.

And I found healing when he is not on stance to use Craft is far more safer because of the delay.

Oh and the game still uses the same leveling system like before in Zero/Ao, though not as strict. I doubt you can get much more extra level even if you brought over stats. There are not many enemies who have ultra high level here (the only one I can remember is Roa Erebonius who is at level 70 IIRC). In my case, I did spend the 2 points used for stat transferring to clothes bonuses
Old 2013-10-18, 04:26   Link #92
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Finished the game. The last few hours of the game goes into something like Code Geass. Geez, I knew this beforehand but the cliffhanger is still pretty "awesome" (for lack of better word). Okay, not really. It's actually worse than FC because there is no preview for the next chapter like FC did
Because they don't have to.
Anyone played Ao would already know what is going to happen.
All hail Osborne!!
Old 2013-10-18, 04:33   Link #93
Kirayuki

That's why I think it's worse here (not in a bad way), we all know at least not a good thing will happen to them. Falcom just love to play with our anticipation. It has more to do with how they pick the point of cliffhanger for the party. I doubt they gonna kill some or all of them, but still....

Wait, no. Now you just give me another thing to relate this with Geass...

Last edited by Kirayuki; 2013-10-18 at 04:44.
Old 2013-10-18, 17:37   Link #94
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I thought the events in Ao is already finished by the time of epilogue in Sen? I mean the Zemuria conference already happened back in ch 5 of Sen and epilogue chapter takes months after that, so..

Old 2013-10-18, 22:44   Link #95
Kirayuki

It is not over yet actually, the big turning event in Ao happens on the same day when Galeria Fortress is annihilated by "unknown weapon". Well, not really. You might want to youtube or nico the related Ao event for the details. This part gave me a grin during Sen when the normal citizen and the party doesn't know what kind of weapon dropped a nuclear bomb on their Iron Fortress. So it's on October 24th, it's also the end of chapter 4 in Ao. The next chapter then takes a time skip around 1 month(?) in there before things start to move again with the party regrouping.

So yeah, Sen basically only cover around 75% of Ao. Not only that, the ending of Ao basically spoil you the result of the Internal War in Sen by flat out saying a certain someone is not died yet It's definitely the longest Kiseki game so far (Sen almost catch up with it).
Old 2013-10-18, 23:59   Link #96
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So is it possible that Rean will work with Osborne to defeat C?

But seriously, how did he survive? I mean it's a straight snipe shot to the heart based on the sprite

Old 2013-10-19, 02:15   Link #97
Kirayuki

I doubt so, we don't even know what is C's motive in the end after killing Osborne. Ouroboros will most likely be the primary enemy (hello Mrs.Diva)

One of the possible reasons is that he is not human, probably the Vampire told in the lore.
Old 2013-10-19, 20:00   Link #98
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

<Steel>, I am looking forward to you trampling on all opposition as usual.
The stack is pretty high for the students.
Old 2013-10-19, 22:53   Link #99
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^that avatar

Man I really love her voice when advent time starts playing

Also, somehow I managed to beat the last boss (nightmare mode) in one try!? I mean, holy hell! Guess levels really do matter. I reached level 69 at that point and he just hits me by 8k-11k every hits.

Oh and all the robots got some new type of armor or something (the one where it negates normal attacks/arts)?
Quote:
One of the possible reasons is that he is not human, probably the Vampire told in the lore.
I haven't read all the books/lore yet.. so there are vampires in the legend?

Quote:
<Steel>, I am looking forward to you trampling on all opposition as usual.
The stack is pretty high for the students.
They're already having a hard time fighting robots so they need to shape up more. I've heard the guys in Ao/Sora managed to kick something even more monstrous..

Old 2013-10-20, 01:29   Link #100
Kirayuki

Quote:
I haven't read all the books/lore yet.. so there are vampires in the legend?
The other prominent lore that I think already have showed its trails is Witch (I can leave you on your own guess who is the one I am referring to...). There is also local legend in Laura's homeland regarding Fairies, which I believe may have some relation to <Steel>.

Quote:
They're already having a hard time fighting robots so they need to shape up more. I've heard the guys in Ao/Sora managed to kick something even more monstrous..
So far, I think Ao have unbalanced power level for Kiseki series. Aside of having smaller pool of party members than Sora, you also fight a lot more famous heroes/war monsters.

But I think the next chapter of Sen can take over the throne from Ao.

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria