AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 03:51   Link #9181
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Remember the picture Nos posted in the models thread of the RD Brave? I recall seeing its forearm/wrist can slide out, like the Enact and Flag. Is that a beam saber in there?
The beam sabers are stored on the waist binders. The wrists are GN Beam Machineguns.
Old 2011-01-10, 05:25   Link #9182
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by console65 View Post
Unlikely. The only "weapon" that ship would have is they attune their GN Field into a cutting particle field and ram straight through something. Also, I'm sure they have a huge mass of ELS on board that can split up and turn into combat mobile suits and other forms if they feel the need to go on offense.
Hey, a warship is a warship. Never know who or what you'll run into in the vastness of space.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 05:32   Link #9183
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Hey, a warship is a warship. Never know who or what you'll run into in the vastness of space.
Not to mention the various giant asteroids you may need to blow to tiny bits.
Old 2011-01-10, 06:15   Link #9184
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
More like something lost in translation. Literal yet not in spirit. Macross colony ships are also called this.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 06:32   Link #9185
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

After watching Raphael Gundam in action again, I have to wonder... does Tieria have a fetish for the 'weird' Gundams? I bet he would love the freakshows like the Devil Gundam and Psycho Gundams.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 06:34   Link #9186
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
After watching Raphael Gundam in action again, I have to wonder... does Tieria have a fetish for the 'weird' Gundams? I bet he would love the freakshows like the Devil Gundam and Psycho Gundams.
There's really nothing "weird" about Tieria's Gundams...
Old 2011-01-10, 07:06   Link #9187
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I didn't mean that in a bad light, because it seems Tieria steals the spotlight with his crazy Gundam shenanigans quite a bit. It's just that Tieria's units always seems to have totally crazy and unconventional gadgets and features to them. He's like the Batman of the Gundam lore. I hope whatever next Gundam series comes, maybe the main characters' Gundams will be unconventional like that. Maybe a return of the 'fatties'.
Old 2011-01-10, 07:09   Link #9188
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I didn't mean that in a bad light, because it seems Tieria steals the spotlight with his crazy Gundam shenanigans quite a bit. It's just that Tieria's units always seems to have totally crazy and unconventional gadgets and features to them. He's like the Batman of the Gundam lore. I hope whatever next Gundam series comes, maybe the main characters' Gundams will be unconventional like that. Maybe a return of the 'fatties'.
Well really it depends. I personally thought Zabanya and Harute stole the movie, with the Raphael and especially the 00Q just fading into the background compared to them.
Old 2011-01-10, 09:31   Link #9189
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
In all fairness, Ian was the one who designed Seravee and Virtue and Raphael was designed by Tiera himself in more limited circumstances, considering he spent most of the timeskip sleeping.

Of course, Tiera just plays the heavy arms role with a general purpose. That's always been his thing though.
Old 2011-01-10, 13:30   Link #9190
GundamFan

Quote:
Actaully given Raphael's lineage the way the suit turned out was one of the 2 most likely scenarios for Raphael's transformation since a lightly armed TRIAL suit wasn't going to be used. The system of control is also similar to the Bit MS in Gundam X.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 20:38   Link #9191
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
So, to sum up, your theory is that the Raphael and Braves can essentially "restart" their Tau Drives after Trans-Am in mid-battle?
Actually, what I was trying to say was that Braves and Raphael could activate or startup their Drives without the assistance of those giant startup machines just like the Gundam Thrones can and unlike the Throne Veranus, GN-Xs and Aheads.

The theory I had mentioned was that CB recharged the Drives of Raphael and the Braves using a more crude method of providing electricity (maybe just open up and connect a wire or something) as opposed to using the designed Plug and Play method that are usually used for recharging the Tau Drives.

Because we know the GN-X and Ahead's Drives REQUIRE them from our info, it would suggest that if they were to shut down in the field by option, they wouldn't be able to activate them again even if they had electricity reserves.(which makes shutting them down a no option). By contrast the Gundam Thrones do not require the startup machines in order to start ip so they are not dependand of those large machines for the purposes of activation as long as they have electricity reserves in them.

Essentially because my theory was that Ptolemaios provided electricity to the Brave/Raphael using more cruder and less conventional method, there's a ugh chance in my scenario that it would require the deactivation of the Drives, hence why my theory includes the statement that Raphael and the Braves possessing those onboard startup mechanisms like the Thrones.

Quote:
What I don't follow is why the Braves (not Raphael) would need recharging anyway. Don't Taus last at least a few days before they need to recharge?
The journey to Mars likely would have take awhile. The ELS themselves tool 90+ days to reach Earth from Jupiters.
Old 2011-01-10, 20:54   Link #9192
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I still feel it's just as likely the Ptolemaios II Kai simply started using Tau Drive equipment as a just in case. Things had to have changed with them losing two GN-Drives; I don't think they can afford to ignore the use of GN-Drive[T]s.
Old 2011-01-11, 03:27   Link #9193
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
In all fairness, Ian was the one who designed Seravee and Virtue and Raphael was designed by Tiera himself in more limited circumstances, considering he spent most of the timeskip sleeping.

Of course, Tiera just plays the heavy arms role with a general purpose. That's always been his thing though.
Kind of makes me wonder if Ian is the secret hero of Celestial Being. Without some of those multipurpose suits, they wouldn't have survived Season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Actaully given Raphael's lineage the way the suit turned out was one of the 2 most likely scenarios for Raphael's transformation since a lightly armed TRIAL suit wasn't going to be used. The system of control is also similar to the Bit MS in Gundam X.
Yeah. Tieria being an Innovade is probably why he's charged with flying multiple mobile suits with such mastery. And I wonder if Zabanya is half controlled by the two Haros.
Old 2011-01-11, 04:37   Link #9194
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Kind of makes me wonder if Ian is the secret hero of Celestial Being. Without some of those multipurpose suits, they wouldn't have survived Season 1.
Poor guy deserves more credit. I love Ian, I'll admit I nearly cried in the 00 Raiser episode where Gadessa's beam hit Ptolemy II's hangar 3 and I thought Ian was going to die.

Quote:
And I wonder if Zabanya is half controlled by the two Haros.
Yeah, with double the processing power, those 2 Haros can do a lot more. Probably all the Bits are controlled by them, including their targeting system. I don't see Lockon do anything when the Bits do the multiple targeting thing.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:54   Link #9195
GundamFan

Quote:
Well he was the one who figured out Veda had been hacked and the Thrones and there GN drives weren't legit.

Quote:
Yeah. Tieria being an Innovade is probably why he's charged with flying multiple mobile suits with such mastery.
We know with Veda's help Tieria can control at least 4 MS at once from the variant Seravee 3G which I still think it's good that they didn't take that concept any further and turn Tieria into a one man army.

Quote:
And I wonder if Zabanya is half controlled by the two Haros.
Well normaly they operate the bits system in Zabanya however given what we have seen Orange Haro do with Dynames it's definetly possible for them to run the suit by themselves although I'm not sure if 2 of them would have enough processing power to run it very effectively.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 18:27   Link #9196
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Yes and no, while he is the lead mechanic he's not the only one. I'm sure there are alot of other mechanics on the team that contributed to the overall CB Mechas. Ian is likely the most significant but the "other guys" deserves credit as well since they've done stuff like design and create stuff even when Ian wasn't there, so it's definitely a team of people and they all deserve it. In the case of new Twin Drives, Linda lead the project while Ian stayed behind.

All of them deserves credit IMO, Ian and Linda among then of course. Even those Haro mechanics that do the maintanence. Everybody does their jobs so the Meisters can kick ass.

Quote:
mobile suits with such mastery. And I wonder if Zabanya is half controlled by the two Haros
Considering Lyle was on the turret pistol controls most I not all the time, I think they handle the piloting actually just like whenever Dyrudim are in sniper mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
We know with Veda's help Tieria can control at least 4 MS at once from the variant Seravee 3G which I still think it's good that they didn't take that concept any further and turn Tieria into a one man army.
While he can control his suit with QBW from far away even likely, it was mentioned that he also relies on autopilt AI when controlling another suit in the Seravee setup
Old 2011-01-12, 08:39   Link #9197
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah. I guess if Tieria was able to control an army of mobile suits, Veda and the rest of the Innovades would have shown their cards too soon.

And good point about Haros doing rudimentary piloting. That would essentially make Zabanya into a true space turret.

Especially at the rate he was firing, I definitely have to agree that Lock On probably stole the show as far as being a deadly force along with the so-fast-you-can't-see-it Harute.

Also too true about the rest of the engineers not getting any screen time but are probably responsible for the team's success overall.
Old 2011-01-13, 16:44   Link #9198
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I always wondered whethe the AD GN Beam sabers are in plasma form like the UC beam sabers? They do appear to produce a lot of heat when they cut. Plasma could be the form the GN Parcles are in when they are being contained by the positron field that shapes the blade. We know when the positron field breaks, GN Particles pour out and do damage. I just wonder whether the paricles are in plasma state in this usage form?
Old 2011-01-13, 21:35   Link #9199
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I always wondered whethe the AD GN Beam sabers are in plasma form like the UC beam sabers? They do appear to produce a lot of heat when they cut. Plasma could be the form the GN Parcles are in when they are being contained by the positron field that shapes the blade. We know when the positron field breaks, GN Particles pour out and do damage. I just wonder whether the paricles are in plasma state in this usage form?
I don't think so. If I recall correctly, GN Beam Weaponry is just GN Particles forced into a higher state of energy. If this is correct, then that energy is simply transferred to the target as work upon contact, creating heat. Even with the particles contained by some kind of (electromagnetic?) field, that energy would simply build up within the field over time, alongside the energy in the field itself, and still transfer. "Breaking" the field could also potentially result in the field's energy being dumped into the target as well (it has to go somewhere). Though this could create a potential issue with the beam saber actually melting if it's been operating for too long without discharging its energy.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2011-01-13 at 21:56. Reason: Spelling corrections
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:06   Link #9200
T-T-Thunder!

Is the Harute supposed to have the Beam Submachine guns in its forearms like the Arios did? The arm design looks almost the same and there's still a seam across it, like something is supposed to slide open.
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote