AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-19, 18:44   Link #261
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maam has really become super strong. Second strongest after Dai now. Seeing her new technique gave Dai some ideas on how to maximize the use of his crest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wow, finally something that resembles fanservice!
See, that wasn't so hard. Horrifying shrieking feminists didn't drop down from the sky and devour your TV station, right?
It would have been so much better if Maam was dressed like in the manga (bare legs) though.
Old 2021-06-20, 04:37   Link #262
Lex79

The senka rekkoken, combining physical strenght with an healing effect, is truly the perfect technique for Maam. Sadly for her, the series is called Dai no Daiboken so it's still himwho gets to deliver the final blow to the enemy. We also learned that Brokeena has a totally not made up serious illness and so he can't actively participate in battles.
Turned out the sword of champions was a fake, so the quest to find a new sword for Dai is still open. Even worse, the real one is in Hadler's hands, so next time,e we'll see him he will have not only a new body but also a powerful weapon. To the surprise of no one, Zaboera also turned out to be the worst father ever.
Compared to the manga, there was a significant change that could impact how the story will unfold from here: in the original, Chu used the herbs against giant ants. OK, maybe that won't affect the story that much...
For censorship, the Italian subs changed Brokeena's title from "God of martial arts" to "grand master".
Too bad next episode will be a recap, so we'll have to wait to see what is going to happen next.
Old 2021-06-20, 12:49   Link #263
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose after nearly 40 episodes it's alright for them to slip in a recap episode. Not going to really watch it, but I can accept it.

We got an explanation for Maam's powers and that was nice. Honestly good for her that she's finally gone above being fairly useless. No doubt she's better off now that she's embraced physical combat as her calling card. She might end up scaled back now that her return arc has concluded. But you never know.

Of course the sword was a fake. Though at least there is a real one out there. They...just have to go find a much more powerful (this time for real) Hadlar.

Zaboera sucks...but he did effectively praise his son's work. Honestly he's probably not the worst father anime has ever produced through that fact alone. Though...he still sucks.
Old 2021-06-20, 14:21   Link #264
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I suppose after nearly 40 episodes it's alright for them to slip in a recap episode. Not going to really watch it, but I can accept it.
Yeah, after so many episodes, I feel they deserve a break week.
Wouldn't watch it myself either though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 14:31   Link #265
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

We got an explanation for Maam's powers and that was nice. Honestly good for her that she's finally gone above being fairly useless. No doubt she's better off now that she's embraced physical combat as her calling card. She might end up scaled back now that her return arc has concluded. But you never know.
After this ep: all golems, all the time.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 19:58   Link #266
BBally81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
The show is produced by Toei, and they've got many other shows which show that stuff without any qualms. Blame the time slot instead.

And no adaptation is 100% faithful to the original work, you already should've known that.
People nowadays want to find any excuse to complain about "wokeness".

Didn't City Hunter also have a "girl hitting man but man doesn't hit girl situation"?
BBally81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 08:18   Link #267
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBally81 View Post

Didn't City Hunter also have a "girl hitting man but man doesn't hit girl situation"?
City Hunter had both. A main character who constantly sexually harassed girls, and a heroine who physically punished him for it. Dai removed the sexual harassment but kept the punishments.
Old 2021-07-03, 17:09   Link #268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that the break is over, back to our regular programming.

I guess it makes sense that the guy to go to to make a sword on par with Baran's would be the one who made Hyunckel's weapons. It would be cool if it came with a set of armor for Dai too, but he only has so much material to work with. The sword he'll make for Dai is still going to be oversized going by the ED though

Popp was reunited with his parents. Not sure why his mother took so long to recognize him when he's only been away a year.
Old 2021-07-04, 04:43   Link #269
Lex79

I remember back in the days I was quite surprised when the mention of Lon Berk as the greatest demon blacksmith turned out to be actual foreshadowing instead of just a bit of trivia. I'm glad to finally be able to see him in animated form.
The scene between Pop and his mother surely was heartwarming. The scene between Pop and his father....less so, but fun nonetheless.
Next week, looks like we'll have our heroes against a giant moving rock castle.
Old 2021-07-04, 11:06   Link #270
Blaat

I've find it amusing that they used the zoom spell to rush through the "let's get a sword" quest.
Old 2021-07-04, 16:08   Link #271
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBally81 View Post

Pretty much. Also for reference, we have "Manga-san to Assistant" as another example.

As one user in this thread said, it has less to do with the time slot and more with the TV Station.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 00:11   Link #272
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Teleportation really does make those ultimate weapon fetch quests a bit easier .
Old 2021-07-10, 17:00   Link #273
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, once it shed its outer shell, the castle looked like total shit. It looked like something out of a Go Nagai manga before, but now...
Old 2021-07-11, 01:05   Link #274
Lex79

Yeah I also liked much more the previous form. Anyway, the King of Bengarna is proud of his army but isn't genre savvy enough to understand that in these kind of series a guy with a sword will indeed be more powerful than an army of tanks, or that when an enemy is surrounded by smoke after a huge attack it means the attack left it completely unscathed. With Dai conveniently delayed by having to wait for his new sword, next week is going to be Pop and the others' turn to shine.
Old 2021-07-11, 14:46   Link #275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kinda wonder about the logistics of Dai's future timely intervention. Will Popp go and fetch him when his sword's ready? If so, will Merle use her clairvoyance to know when that is so she can tell Popp?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-11, 18:01   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda wonder about the logistics of Dai's future timely intervention. Will Popp go and fetch him when his sword's ready? If so, will Merle use her clairvoyance to know when that is so she can tell Popp?
That's... a really good question. Maybe Popp's village isn't that far and he'll just come flying? Or maybe Lon Beruk knows the teleportation spell.
Old 2021-07-11, 19:48   Link #277
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Dai can use Ruura / Zoom when he activates his crest.
Old 2021-07-17, 17:02   Link #278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It would have been better for Crocodine or Hyunckel to tell us about the "lung" room, because it made no sense for Mystvearn to tell them about his weakness. It looks like it ended up not mattering though, since he came out to fight instead of hiding behind his legion.

The animation was kind of good and... kind of bad. Like, some parts looked good (Maam beating up the armors) but you could tell they used shortcuts/tricks.
Old 2021-07-18, 05:35   Link #279
Lex79

Well, from Mystvearn's perspective it was a way to crush their morale without real drawbacks, since currently the heroes have no means to destroy the Kigan castle.
Anyway, next week we should finally see Dai's sword in action.
Old 2021-07-24, 17:00   Link #280
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"It's important to for a sword to have a name, Dai. This sword was made for you, so it shall be named... the sword of Dai!"

Well, huh, I guess it works, but maybe a bit more originality next time?

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake