AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-08-18, 19:36   Link #81
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm glad that it looks like Kouren and sister might rule together. Kouren is also thinking that the Four Dragon Warriors are monsters, but that's completely natural. Now Yona is seen as a possibly bigger monster since it looks to Kouren like she can control Shin-Ah.

@SweetRain: I do think that it's likely for King Hiryuu's descendants to be Kouka Kingdom's royal family, which actually is the Sky Tribe. The Fire Tribe probably just thinks it's them because they're the Fire Tribe and Hiryuu was a red Dragon (and probably fire-elemental). One thing, though: Hiryuu was a male Dragon. When he came down to the human world, he also took the form of a man. He was not a woman. So I don't know why you referred to him as "her".

@Windsgrace: So you're saying that King Il didn't want Yona to awaken as King Hiryuu's reincarnation?
Old 2017-08-18, 21:52   Link #82
Windsgrace

I am 90% sure he didn't want her to.
Old 2017-08-20, 00:59   Link #83
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
I am 90% sure he didn't want her to.
Probably because it would be like the book of revelation if it were to happen... This story looks like it draws a lot of parallels to biblical stories.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 10:37   Link #84
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
By the way, at the end of Chapter 120, when Yona saw Hak catching Lily; what's up with her reaction? Does anyone on here think she might be getting jealous? I really hope not, as there's no reason for her to. And she also doesn't have a right to get jealous since she's been pushing him away for too long and has also been treating him like her bodyguard more than as a man she could be with.
Does it really matter? Hak finally wised up knowning that in the end he would just get cucked by soo won so hes moved on, thank god.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 12:00   Link #85
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Nah, I don't he's moved on. He still loves Yona. He and Yona both just have the very big problem of being dense. It's troublesome.

Even if Yona does awaken as King Hiryuu's reincarnation, it's not like she's going to change. King Hiryuu had lost his powers and become a completely normal human, after all. So she won't be changing or getting any Dragon powers like the Four Dragon Warriors. It sucks, though. I want to know what kind of power she'd have had if King Hiryuu hadn't lost his powers.
Old 2017-10-02, 23:54   Link #86
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Nah, I don't he's moved on. He still loves Yona. He and Yona both just have the very big problem of being dense. It's troublesome.

Even if Yona does awaken as King Hiryuu's reincarnation, it's not like she's going to change. King Hiryuu had lost his powers and become a completely normal human, after all. So she won't be changing or getting any Dragon powers like the Four Dragon Warriors. It sucks, though. I want to know what kind of power she'd have had if King Hiryuu hadn't lost his powers.
Then whats the point? or the endgame for that matter.

If nothing really changes, what exactly is supposed to happen here?
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 06:06   Link #87
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't know. I'm hoping they'll hook up at the end either way.

But there are more pressing matters in the story right now. Like, how will the negotiations between Soo-Won and Kouren go? Will they even start, or will they get sabotaged by the Anti-War Faction? And they also have to make sure that the Four Dragons don't get taken by the Anti-War Faction.
Old 2017-11-03, 19:25   Link #88
BPD Renegade

I just caught up with the recent chapters, and I wonder if the sword and shield aren't actually people but powers that only activate when the four dragons are together. When the dragons rose up to surround Yona and protect her from the arrows, the first thing that came to mind was that she was being shielded. The next step would be for her to get offensive power, the "sword."

But guessing aside, I find the dichotomy between Soo-won's and Yona's approach interesting so far. Soo-won is interested in building a kingdom that only relies on the strength of humans, while Yona initially sought supernatural power for protection. Soo-won amassed his power and influence through cleverness and schemes, while Yona obtained it unwittingly through her earnestness. Neither path is right or wrong, and I feel like we may see a merging of these paths in the end game, especially with all the hints dropped about Soo-won's eventual death and the dragons' powers.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the dragons all die by the end of the manga, or if at least their powers disappear. Their existence alone is becoming a problem in itself now that people are aware of them, and this arc has shown that Yona is now strong enough to act without their protection.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 01:24   Link #89
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I just caught up with the recent chapters, and I wonder if the sword and shield aren't actually people but powers that only activate when the four dragons are together. When the dragons rose up to surround Yona and protect her from the arrows, the first thing that came to mind was that she was being shielded. The next step would be for her to get offensive power, the "sword."

But guessing aside, I find the dichotomy between Soo-won's and Yona's approach interesting so far. Soo-won is interested in building a kingdom that only relies on the strength of humans, while Yona initially sought supernatural power for protection. Soo-won amassed his power and influence through cleverness and schemes, while Yona obtained it unwittingly through her earnestness. Neither path is right or wrong, and I feel like we may see a merging of these paths in the end game, especially with all the hints dropped about Soo-won's eventual death and the dragons' powers.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the dragons all die by the end of the manga, or if at least their powers disappear. Their existence alone is becoming a problem in itself now that people are aware of them, and this arc has shown that Yona is now strong enough to act without their protection.
you mean with Hak's protection and other guys from Xing's side and plot convenience's friends from Soowon's side?
That's laughable matter that she never did anything by herself but at the same time the dragons has never been able to prove their usefulness compared to Hak

The merging thing may happen but if it was achieved by having Soowon dies and Yona inherits the crown as the rightful heir then I would call it bias. But whatever, the people lives are better with either of them ruling the country.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 06:18   Link #90
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why would it be bias if Yona becomes Queen? She's the one who's meant to be the ruler of Kouka Kingdom because she's the Master of the Four Dragon Warriors and the reincarnation of King Hiryuu.

But yeah, BPD might be right about the "Sword and Shield" being powers that activate when the Four Dragons are together with Yona, rather than the Dragons themselves. But yeah, either way, where's the "Sword"?
Old 2017-11-04, 08:45   Link #91
Windsgrace

Wouldn't it make sense if Yona is the shield while Soo-Won is her sword? Or rather the kingdoms. Yona would be queen, the dragons settle disputes, shield the country and Yona helps the country have stability. Soo-won works in the shadows and strike all enemies. He was never suppose to be king. He is more useful as a blade towards other countries who would point their blades. Yona shouldn't be queen (as second in charge) but as an empress no?

Last edited by Windsgrace; 2017-11-04 at 23:17. Reason: words I forgot to add.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 17:26   Link #92
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just call her the "King", then. Women can be called that, too, right? [No feminism]

I think you're right about Soo-Won's role, if he doesn't die. But King Hiryuu's sword and shield are different from that, no? Yona is the reincarnation of King Hiryuu.
Old 2017-11-04, 23:17   Link #93
Windsgrace

Perhaps...but I'm unsure what King Hiryuu's sword and shield was.
Old 2017-11-05, 09:28   Link #94
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Wasn't it the Four Dragon Warriors? That's what the legend says, IIRC.
Old 2017-11-06, 02:00   Link #95
Fairy Water

Aren't you asking the impossible? Having Yona to work with her father's killer
Unless she is dumb enough to forget and forgive, there's practically no reason for her to work with him and a country doesn't need two rulers. It only causes civil wars. Besides, Soowon said he only wants to make the country stronger and he doesn't even need to be a king.

Then again, how did you conclude that he is more useful if he wasn't a king? He achieved so much right after he got the crown just in a few months.

When Yona got the throne, it's more like Soowon gives it up after already shaping up the country for better. The reasons I said it's bias because Yona, except being a direct heir and reincarnation of that dragon king, she doesn't have any qualities to be a king. A leader of a country needs more than a fierce eyes and attitude, and most of the time, logically, people scared of her harem than her.

Talk about sword, isn't it Hak? Or he is also in Shield team? He is too op for an average human anyway.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 06:25   Link #96
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'll have to read the legend again. But anyway, IIRC, the Shield and Sword refer to the Four Dragons. Though it'd be great if Yona could protect herself, too, if Hak or the Dragons isn't/aren't nearby.

Yona has to understand that Soo-Won is a good king - heck, she already does if you've noticed. And she's also shown that she can put personal grudges aside when it comes to that, which is also a sign of growth for her as a character. And I think that she'll also be given some good growth and development to make her good ruler material before she takes the thrown. Or at least I hope so.
Old 2017-12-26, 05:48   Link #97
Blaat

Spoiler for massive chapter 152 spoilers:
Old 2017-12-26, 08:04   Link #98
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I think we're all like Hak on the last page now.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 11:06   Link #99
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Blaat: Thanks for the spoiler. I really hope they'll hook up now (and that Yona won't let that confession slip by her now that she's heard it).

Edit: Just read Chapters 151 and 152.

Can't for the next chapter. I want to know what Yona will do now that she knows how Hak feels about her.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-12-26 at 14:10.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 17:00   Link #100
Bombo
TSF Fans

Hak id the best now !

Tyvm ayame !
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, akatsuki no yona, manga, romance comedy, yona of the dawn