AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 06:03   Link #1941
ZODDGUTS

The live action movie is pretty decent it does feel a bit rushed but overall it's in the same tone of the manga/anime.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 06:18   Link #1942
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

i forgot about the movie i have to go watch that horrible suger coated pink movie
-----
omg that was soooo bad.
It left out a whole lot. it was just some cheap teenage love flick.
bright side i want to see the anime version again (that is untill ep 18 or so)

---
i watched the first four/five eps again.
I suddenly noticed that the half man girl was activated when risa said you are a genius with guys.
And i understand why halfman girl can get so good along with haruka

Last edited by outcast_within; 2008-03-16 at 08:58.
outcast_within is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 11:41   Link #1943
cheerio_888

i like lovely complex but somehow, i do feel that the anime version is a bit rushed. Some scenes and events are combined in a single episode. grrr... i want to read the rest of the manga!
cheerio_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 14:07   Link #1944
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, the anime did lead me to read/buy the manga --- and after all, that's the underlying purpose of anime is to get people to buy the merchandise. The live-action movie means it was more accepted by mainstream Japan as well.
Old 2008-05-10, 08:17   Link #1945
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I watched this series again several months after seeing it the first time and you really notice
the second time around that Otani is more interested in Risa than it seems, that his main fears
are embarassment and abandonment and awkwardness like just about any other teen.

The first time thru it just seemed he wasn't that interested but there are a number of
things that scream otherwise.
Old 2008-05-11, 08:51   Link #1946
cheerio_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
I watched this series again several months after seeing it the first time and you really notice
the second time around that Otani is more interested in Risa than it seems, that his main fears
are embarassment and abandonment and awkwardness like just about any other teen.

I agree to that. I could see Otani in my younger brother. Though my brother's a bit tall, he has the same attitude with Otani when it comes to showing affection towards others.
Old 2008-05-11, 10:39   Link #1947
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Yep.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerio_888 View Post
I agree to that. I could see Otani in my younger brother. Though my brother's a bit tall, he has the same attitude with Otani when it comes to showing affection towards others.
I keep thinking of the scene at the sports stadium with the jumbotron. Fantastic.
Old 2008-05-13, 05:13   Link #1948
xia

After initially watching it during it's run, I finally finished this series- and I loved it.

I had to unfortunetly drop it when my internet died and forget to watch it afterwards. I finally got back to it and finished it in like under a week.

The only thing I didnt like about it was the constant flashbacks to reinforce what was going on in the present. Also how Risa continued to push her feelings on him. If I were in the position of the male I might have not been as patient.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:30   Link #1949
cheerio_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
I keep thinking of the scene at the sports stadium with the jumbotron. Fantastic.
that was so funny!
Old 2008-05-18, 12:08   Link #1950
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

anyone want to fill in the blanks for ep 15, the censoring just leaves my mind rolling for answers :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 15:03   Link #1951
nanafan
horo fan

i still don't know why they bleeped what the students said, maybe it's stuff that's not appropriate for school? rofl
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 15:01   Link #1952
Keruri
Like a falling star

I also finished rewatching this series this week, and I must say, LC is still one of my top favourite anime. I really do hope it gets licensed (and still find it strange that it hasn't been, though the manga and live action are).

I completely recommend that anyone who has watched the series through once should take some time away from it after finishing, and then marathon it in its entirety. It gives you an entirely new perspective, and many things that you didn't pick up during the first viewing come to light.

All in all, I'll be rewatching it again in a few months. Otani love~ <3

[Sorry to bump up an old thread! orz]
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 05:54   Link #1953
kamikazex

yup. very amusing to watch
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 09:45   Link #1954
Meirin
Locked Girl

Ah, I think I need a bit of a push to finish this series. I watched up to about episode 14 (when the new guy entered the scene) and put it on hold due to lack of time. I love Otani, and Risa is a rare breed in terms of anime girls. BUT, I can really see the storyline not going anywhere in the remaining episodes so I haven't picked it up again. I see many positives things said about it here but can someone give me a hint to the ending? I hope it was satisfying.
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 12:47   Link #1955
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meirin View Post
Ah, I think I need a bit of a push to finish this series. I watched up to about episode 14 (when the new guy entered the scene) and put it on hold due to lack of time. I love Otani, and Risa is a rare breed in terms of anime girls. BUT, I can really see the storyline not going anywhere in the remaining episodes so I haven't picked it up again. I see many positives things said about it here but can someone give me a hint to the ending? I hope it was satisfying.
the last half of it kinda dose go in circles, its still a nice show and worth watching if you like the characters and setting.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 18:01   Link #1956
Molenir

Actually, I really loved the last half of the show. Honestly I think it was the best thing about it. When Otani and Koizumi finally get together. Then the neighbor girl being upset that Otani is dating a giant, and wanting him for herself. Then of course the final episode...

If you've only ever watched through episode 14, I strongly recommend you finish it. Its so very much worth watching. I loved that kiss in episode 16 (think it was 16 anyway) with the fireworks in the background. Hehe
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 18:24   Link #1957
xia

I just feel if you've already watched 14 episodes and you didnt hate it or anything, you should finish it. It would be a waste of your time to have watched that much and not seen the rest. You're kind of rewarded at the end.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 04:13   Link #1958
Meirin
Locked Girl

Hmm, I don't find it a waste of time if I happen to not finish a series. One could certainly enjoy a show for several tens of episodes and then drop it when it's not interesting anymore, and still look back on the episodes they've watched fondly.

But with all of your encouragement I think I'll give it another go. I've missed their Kansaiben!
Meirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:27   Link #1959
Sunab0uzu

i've just recently rewatched this also. hilarious indeed
Sunab0uzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:57   Link #1960
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Funny that this got bumped back to the first page. I watched the series for the second time over the weekend as I had a fix for this type of show, and it was just as good and funny as the first time.

Tags
comedy, romance