AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 00:59   Link #621
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Can I say Dead Rising?
That was my first thought as well.

Also, these people seem to understand the basic premise of zombies because of games and movies. So... why do they not understand that if bitten, it's only a matter of time before you turn? Even moreso when said biting zombie gets its head exploded over your open wound, ensuring the transfer of whatever caused the zombification to enter your bloodstream.

By the way, anyone who says they're going to use martial arts on a horde of zombies is obviously going to be the first "survivor" to die.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:08   Link #622
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That was my first thought as well.

Also, these people seem to understand the basic premise of zombies because of games and movies. So... why do they not understand that if bitten, it's only a matter of time before you turn? Even moreso when said biting zombie gets its head exploded over your open wound, ensuring the transfer of whatever caused the zombification to enter your bloodstream.

By the way, anyone who says they're going to use martial arts on a horde of zombies is obviously going to be the first "survivor" to die.
Because to them it's not a game or movie, it's real. And you don't just go around assuming things. We look at movies and shake most things off as myths, fantasies, etc...but if those were to actually happen, would we apply all our "supposed" knowledge about said fantasies to real life? What if it was the case that you're fine after being bitten, but because some idiot thought that this was like a game they played, killed you out of fear, when in reality, you would've posed no threat.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:13   Link #623
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Had to take a point off for predictability (although it was obviously on purpose, and there's only so much you can do with an intro episode to anything with zombies), but other than that, this was way more stylish and much better than I thought it was going to be.

I know nothing about the original material, and I typically make a point of reading nothing about a series I'm going to watch, so I had no idea what to expect. I was expecting something worthy of a 6/10, based on the very casual overview I had of the plot, and my general pessimism. I don't know how exactly they did it, but I gotta say, after this, my opening impression of this series is somewhere around a 9/10. It was like shoving the world's tastiest, deep-gore-fried twinkie into my brain. It's going to be a lot of fun seeing if it can keep that up the whole way through.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that this happens to be almost exactly the sort of thing I want to watch right now.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:20   Link #624
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Well, props to the author(H*) for getting this out. I think this is the first zombie-infestation-anime(not like 1 or 2 episode/Arc knockoffs)?

Difference from this and the movies is that being animated can get far gory-er than movies.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:26   Link #625
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I liked the first episode. It really was just total chaos once the guy in the PA room was killed. Of course the majority of those students were probably doomed from the start. Clearly the situation in the city was pretty bad before that one zombie arrived at the school. Of course just running around stumbling over each other was pretty much the worst possible thing that could happen.

Besides all the fighting to survive I'm looking forward to the human interactions that come from this kind of extreme situation. I mean a key example will remain that one friend who stomped on the others face the moment she got grabbed. The relationship between Takashi and Rei is going to be pretty unstable.

You just knew after seeing that one PE teacher get taken out that Hisashi was doomed with his whole martial arts plan. I mean when facing the unknown it's probably better to use weapons that give some kind of distance to your enemy. Of course in a crisis it's best to use what you are more familiar with which would be his martial arts, just like how Rei got a spear to compliment her skills.

This should be fun though.
Old 2010-07-06, 01:30   Link #626
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I was just thinking if there will be chainsaw actions
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:34   Link #627
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking Finally made some GIFs for you all!

Well Dahak86 beat me too it and some GIFs he made I also did but then again I will be taking his helicopter one since I like and good job there bro! Mines are here: http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...de-1-gifs.html Probably the best ones I focused on where ones like this one:

but ecchi wise this one was pretty good too=>
Spoiler:
In any case I will for sure do some gun shooting of zombie heads with Hirano next episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Because to them it's not a game or movie, it's real. And you don't just go around assuming things. We look at movies and shake most things off as myths, fantasies, etc...but if those were to actually happen, would we apply all our "supposed" knowledge about said fantasies to real life? What if it was the case that you're fine after being bitten, but because some idiot thought that this was like a game they played, killed you out of fear, when in reality, you would've posed no threat.
Good thing I am not like that at all. For example aliens......I take to heart a lot of different things from movies if ever it does happen that I meet some.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:34   Link #628
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I find it strangely satisfying that in the early OP scene, where they showed the main character, Saeko gets the slot right before Takashi.. which is where she belongs .. the real main heroine .. and not Rei

might just be the fanboy in me

Saeko

@ francis .. av sized Saekosama please .. for collection purpose ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:45   Link #629
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I find it strangely satisfying that in the early OP scene, where they showed the main character, Saeko gets the slot right before Takashi.. which is where she belongs .. the real main heroine .. and not Rei

might just be the fanboy in me

Saeko

@ francis .. av sized Saekosama please .. for collection purpose ..
-She's hot.
-She could slice you in the blink of an eye.
-She enjoys to give pain *coughpleasurecough*
-She's ready, Takashi just has to go for it.
-She's hot.

Too bad we know this is a cliché series, and wasn't Takashi in love with Rei? That's like 80% probability that they will hook up in the end
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:01   Link #630
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess it was impossible to wait for Saeko to join the group before the shipping battles began . Really I do like Saeko and Rei so it's a pretty safe place no matter how things turn out in the end. Though I'm kind of leaning towards Rei. Besides it creates a great morale. If you can't get with the girl you like wait for a zombie apocalypse and take down her boyfriend....
Old 2010-07-06, 02:04   Link #631
Preacher

The premise of the show should have been:

Main character and heroine spliting up with a fight and the heroine telling something like:
"I`ll never be with you, even if we would be the last two people on the planet!"
Main character: "We`ll see..."
Old 2010-07-06, 02:07   Link #632
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ LOL ..

Anyway, before Hishashi died, I keep waiting for little Rei angel to materialize and punch Hishashi before giving out an evilish laughter <- wonder how many gets this
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-06, 02:10   Link #633
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

If i say i'm the only one that dislike the whole premise of HOTD, then i would be ragging out by everyone in here....is there anyone in here that actually gave out negative/dislike/hate opinion on HOTD in here? I guess no..issit...

But too bad...i'm on the same boat as everyone in here. Yeah episode 1 roxx me to the bone. Really love how they make the whole thing look so realistic, with gore scenes and bloods everywhere, and not to forget the fanservice!

I think i saw few scenes showing boob size comparable to Gonzo's level, like that one female teacher using her boob as a pillow....but i can juz ignore that one, seeing that the fanservice offered ranges from the boob to the pantsu shots, and maybe..more?

Anyway i like how Madhouse did on this series...each character was made in detail, and the background...i think can be said comparable with KyoAni's background style...or if i want to exaggerate it a lil bit more, maybe i can say its comparable to Makoto Shinkai's epic style. And the zombie....yeah that's how zombie should look like in anime. OP and ED songs are exactly to my likeness...and the OP scenes were magnificent though the ED part was kinda plain and simple.

As for the storyline...i'm glad i am among those who haven't read the manga yet, so i can enjoy the whole episode without worrying of the first episode being close to the manga or not. Just that it bugs me on why the school wasn't informed about the plague that started to arise in the city. This kind of problem should be a national level issue, so there must be some kind of ways to tell out to alert the civilians the issue, like using radio or TV. However by the time the zombie reached the school, no one at the school was aware of the fact that the city was under attack. I wonder if the government plan to keep the issue as secret and trying to control the issue on their own without letting the civilians know about it...but all i can see in the end was, the city was being zombie-fied completely. And i wonder how they all gonna survive in that zombie city after this...heck if its me, i just do like what one of the teacher did, jump out from the window and die while still retaining own mind and conciousness. At least its better to die as a human than die as a zombie

Conclusion, i love the series..exactly as someone said, the best anime for summer season. Summer sure have alot galge based anime with lots of same old fanservices and storyline...but HOTD brings out the new concept and premise of how fanservices can be manipulated naturally without ruining the whole storyline. Thumbs up to Madhouse for this.

9/10

P/s : I smell that HOTD will get its own sub forums sooner or later, judging from the current post count in this thread...
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:17   Link #634
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The thing is, the epidermic was so fast .. Just look at how fast the 1st teacher turned into a zombie .. that why there wasnt a public announcement sooner.

While a subforum is nice, I doubt it.. the manga is quite slow TBH and it will soon be a very ghost city if it was turned into a subforum.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-06, 02:18   Link #635
Preacher

Umh, no. You would be not the only one.

The thing is its nice anime, with good production values and so far interesting to watch and quite badass in content. However i find it atm WAY TO overhyped, like if it were some groundbreaking show that would go in the history of anime... well its not.

Its just most exciting title thats released so far in the current season. Thinking with a cool head and comparing it to number of other titles of that nature, it isnt really that outstanding - its just, it`s been long enought since another action title of that quality was made, thus people are starved.

I am still skeptical about the anime (and as Canaan shown having great production values, action and hype can still fail badly), specially as whenever i watch it i have comparison running in my head: if Battle Royale anime were made like that, wich would be greater? And sadly, the answer is obvious, but the show still can be enjoyed for what it is - greatly animated B-Movie.
Old 2010-07-06, 02:20   Link #636
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Yes.. the weapons are mouth watering according to the gun otaku in the manga thread.. I'm sure they can confirmed it to you guys
That'd be me. And the selection is mighty fine indeed.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:24   Link #637
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
While a subforum is nice, I doubt it.. the manga is quite slow TBH and it will soon be a very ghost city if it was turned into a subforum.
Either way, it isn't going to happen any sooner if people continue going "We need a subforum!".
If the moderators decide there is a need for one, they'll make one, probably if the post count doesn't stop rising after the first episode. Though I can't really think that there is much need for a sub-forum... Not really a lot of split discussions, after all.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:25   Link #638
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ Preacher.. Why compare ? Its either you like it or you dont.. There is no need to compare it to another title just to enjoy a series. If you like em, it doesnt matter if its a B class movie or the theme so generic or whatever the detractor you want to give.

Is it the best thing on earth since slice bread? It is not.. but did you enjoy it? if yes.. thats all that matters, no?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-06, 02:33   Link #639
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
And sadly, the answer is obvious, but the show still can be enjoyed for what it is - greatly animated B-Movie.
I have seen the B-movie term flung around like it is some kind of bad word. Surely, it is not the English Patient or Gone with the Wind, but b-movies sure gave me great fun. I mean, The Thing? Big Trouble In Little China? The Hitcher (1986)?

Fun and entertainment is all I demanded from HoTD, I think one of the reasons people find HoTD refreshing is that it, like how Gungrave explored the mafia drama, explores a rarely used genre in anime. So yes, in the sea of eroge/light novel adaptations, Naruto-like shounen, mecha, magical girls, etc, it IS refreshing. Just like how I found Gungrave refreshing back in the day (even tho there is still as little mafia drama anime after Gungrave as before).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:49   Link #640
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

just saw ep.1 well this is just KLAC-ing good stuff really ah blood, gore, doobi, pantsu, etc.

good KLAC-almighty we got a winner & yea it's worth the watch to see it.

plus good news later on in english audio (with might be in 2011 i assume for english audio?) yea got also hear it in ENGLISH audio.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse