AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-29, 14:49   Link #61
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

*Enters director mode*

I have this nagging feeling that this is how the movie will look (how I thought up so much on the spot, I'll never know):

Prologue

Sakuragaoka High School's bell rings. The weather is sunny, with cherry blossoms floating around in a mild breeze. We see an overview of the school's inner halls, and it is soon followed by an ecstatic, powerful countdown with the sound of resonating drumstick clacks. 1! 2! 3! 4! and one of K-ON's songs starts playing. [I have a feeling it will be either Cagayake! GIRLS or Fuwa Fuwa Time] During the song, we're shown a series of clips involving the original HTT members, which includes seeing them play their song and several other clips that involves their adventures together.

Opening

As their song comes to an end, the camera pans out to reveal Azusa, Ui and Jun playing together in the same room, with the original members nowhere to be seen. The three girls shortly reminisce about the previous club members, and Ui obsesses over her sister a little bit more.

Because the new school year has started, the club is once again put under pressure to find another member before it is declared that they don't have enough members to perform their live show. Azusa, Ui and Jun contemplate how they'll find another member, just like the previous members had to do.

It is decided that they'll put up fliers (seeing as how none of them knew the light-music club at the time that the last club put their fliers up), and of course, Ui's picture completely stumps Jun's relatively off-topic flier, and it is picked over Azusa's creation. During all this, an optimistic Sawako-sensei suggests the traditional animal costumes for advertising, which systematically progresses to Azusa's denial. A ludicrous (and probably quite useless) suggestion is made by Jun, which is politely refused by Ui, while being completely destroyed inside Azusa's mind. In the end though, the scene pops to the girls in the frightening animal costumes, handing out fliers.

Nobody rejects the fliers, but nobody in particular looks interested. Even as they politely accept the offers, the students have no real interest in joining, which Azusa immediately senses.

Weeks pass, with nobody even showing up at the club door to take a look. Troubled, the girls decide to practice a few of their songs to take their mind off of their current predicament. In the midst of hearing one of their new songs, we hear a barely audible knock against the wooden door. Just as Azusa cautiously looked into the clubroom for the first time, a timid girl (To follow my inklings, I'm naming her Misaka) enters the room, tightly clutching one of the fliers that was passed out a few weeks back.

It is revealed that she had been interested from the very beginning, but is ridiculously shy (which is why Azusa couldn't sense any interest from her, and why she didn't show up for weeks). After a decent length chat (over teatime...at Azusa's suggestion surprisingly), it is revealed that "Misaka" has quite the experience in music theory, which impresses everyone. However, due to her shy nature, she never attempted to do anything with this skill of hers, meaning she doesn't have experience playing instruments. Like the previous club members played for Yui, the new group decides to play for "Misaka".

Even while playing, Azusa notices Misaka tapping her foot along with the song in a very special way. While normal people tap their foot along to basic beats, Misaka's foot tap out different, intricate beats. Then soon her fingers follow. A spark goes off in Azusa's head, causing her to make a mistake in her playing. The song never finishes, but Azusa confronts a puzzled Misaka about getting her to play the drums. It takes a little time until Ui realizes where Azusa's confidence in Misaka came from, and for Jun the realization doesn't ever arrive, until Ui kindly points it out. If Misaka had to start an instrument at any point, the drums just seemed perfectly suited for her. After a tough decision, Misaka finally overcomes her potential fears and joins.

Misaka sits down at the Sonar drumset that the school had, and as expected, her first attempts at playing are confusing and broken. Jun still wonders why Azusa suggested this, but Azusa's resolve stands strong. Desperate for a drummer anyways, the members welcome her into the group and offer to help her learn the drums. They all enthusiastically raise their fists for the success of their first live concert.

Mid-Point (Story Arc)

On-board a bus, we see a shy-as-ever Mio looking out the window into the sights outside. The scene cuts to the other members of HTT, who are all waiting at the station where they all stood a long time ago, after their part time work to help buy Yui's guitar. When the bus arrives, the girls are re-united. After reminiscing about their previous adventures at this location, the girls head to Yui's house. As usual, an unbelievably mature Ui greets them at the door, and Yui's maturity is the focus of the jokes that soon follow.

While the girls all enjoy a meal (once again, fully made professionally by Ui), they talk about their lives at university, at which Yui is obviously having slight difficulty in. Mio is still struggling with meeting new people, Ritsu is already getting in trouble for disrupting class, and Mugi is suspiciously talking about several classmates that interest her. The topic changes, and Ui informs them about their club's new 4th member. Ecstatic, the HTT members find out all they can about the new girl. Afterwards, Ui lets them know that they've been working on a few new songs, and requests that the girls come to their live performance as alumni. The girls consider their schedules, and decide to think on their decision.

Moments later, the doorbell rings, and in steps Azusa and Jun, who have been invited over by Ui. The two girls had no idea that their senpai were in the other room, and Ui sneakily leads the two groups together. Not having seen them since graduation, everyone is ecstatic. Through more insight on the new girl, the graduates decide that they will attend the live performance, as they are now curious about her.

Near the end of the day, the girls go their separate ways. While we don't see where anyone else goes, Azusa heads back to the school, to pick up her guitar, and Jun tags along. When they arrive, the school is empty, but a resounding thumping and crashing of a drumset can be heard throughout the entire school grounds. Following the sound to the music clubroom, Azusa and Jun see Misaka at the set, practicing as if her life depended on it. Surprisingly, she had improved dramatically, and was certainly close to being ready for a live performance. Azusa unpacks her guitar, and Jun picks up her bass. The three play something relatively simple, but do so very successfully. While the scene fades out, we see Sawako-sensei, watching silently but happily through a crack in the clubroom door.

Denouement

It's days before the live performance. Advisor Sawako contently listens to the new songs, and is fully satisfied that the live will go well. Sawako's next step, of course, is to suggest ridiculous costumes for their performance, which is when Misaka begins to worry...a lot. Typical Azusa suggests their school uniforms for the show, whereas Misaka quickly agrees to. As a worrying thought, we see Jun actually considering Sawako's costumes...we're slowly losing her. Azusa even briefly considers the cat ears.

Curtain time. We see an overview of the school's festival, which is packed like always. The girls all help bring equipment to the stage, and a surprised Jun sees Ui pass her, carrying equipment with no trouble. (Reminisce in the good old days, where Yui watched Mugi pass her in the same fashion~) After being green-lighted by the new student council member, Azusa shares a laugh with her friends about how Ritsu always forgot to hand in the stage request forms.

Until the curtain rises, all is good. Everything is set and ready to go. Then the curtain opens. Sitting in the audience is a ridiculous amount of new faces, along with the old HTT members, who are standing in the back where Azusa, Ui and Jun watched years ago. Then, a problem arises. Just like Mio broke down in her first concert, Misaka's fear arises. The remaining band members notice a quivering Misaka and comfort her. The old HTT members also shout encouragement from far away, which leads into a thunderous shout from the crowd. It was clear, they all showed up to see the revival of the keion-bu. Misaka's shakiness subsides, and she energetically counts off their song.

We only catch a glimpse of one of their songs, but everyone is happy. The new band has a much different feel to them, but they never lost the original band's spirit, determination, and will to work hard. Therefore, their music stays as energetic as ever.

Ending

At the end, the new members receive a huge applause from the entire crowd, and unlike the old band's first performance, they exit off-stage without troubles. An overexcited Jun waits at the door of the clubroom, where the old band stood. And just like old times, nobody arrives after the performance. Later on, however, the alumni show up along with Sawako, congratulating them on their successful performance. Lots of AZU-NYAAAAN hugs are given by Yui to...well, everyone. After a disappointing amount of time, nobody arrives at the door. The girls have important matters to attend to, and the senpai leave, while only the kouhai remain. Just as they are about to pack up and leave, we catch a glimpse of a new girl with long hair and a hard-shell guitar case in hand...

Yeah, it's total fiction and ends on a cliffhanger. If ANY of that actually happens in the real movie, I'll be at a total loss for words.
Old 2010-09-29, 15:13   Link #62
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
*Enters director mode*

*script*

Yeah, it's total fiction and ends on a cliffhanger. If ANY of that actually happens in the real movie, I'll be at a total loss for words.
Go ask KyoAni if they're in need of a writer for the movie script. Something along this line would be very nice indeed.
Old 2010-09-29, 17:39   Link #63
Goggen

I'm not interested in "K-On: The New Class". My ultimate K-On movie would be something like this:

A concert. Budokan. Natsufest. I don't know, something big and significant. Movie starts out like an actual concert video might, with several minutes passing before the band enters the stage. Building suspense, showing audience excitement. HTT appear, and rock the hell out of the place with the first of at least three to four songs scattered throughout the movie. Between performances, we get flashbacks that tell us the story of whatever events have led the girls to this since we last saw them.

The movie climaxes with an awesome final song, then it ends. Except, we get "backstage footage" over the credits with the girls after the show, something similar to the end of ep 20 only more upbeat ("We actually made it!" and such).

Yeah, it's not particularly original, and it may be an obvious way for it to go but it's what I would like to see, anyway.
Old 2010-09-29, 17:44   Link #64
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Maybe the girls would have the opportunity to get a ticket to Budokan (you know how crazy Sawako is). That would also be a great concept
Old 2010-09-29, 17:58   Link #65
Goggen

Of course, no matter what any of us come up with here, KyoAni will probably end up doing something completely different. So, best not get too attached to any particular idea...
Old 2010-09-29, 18:04   Link #66
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Of course, no matter what any of us come up with here, KyoAni will probably end up doing something completely different. So, best not get too attached to any particular idea...
Agreed

I just love writing my ludicrous ideas XD
Old 2010-09-29, 19:33   Link #67
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I'll be happy if Ritsu just gets a crapload of screen time.
Old 2010-09-29, 19:39   Link #68
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

papermario...you seriously need to either enter fanfiction or be the script director...lool it was awesome! XD
Old 2010-09-29, 19:44   Link #69
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
papermario...you seriously need to either enter fanfiction or be the script director...lool it was awesome! XD
Thank you~ Writing's not my strongest suit so I never really attempted a real fanfiction^_^ Maybe I might start if I get the chance
Old 2010-09-29, 20:58   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not *really* excited about a "movie" unless its a continuation of some kind. So far though, most movies of anime series tend to be recaps or regrinds of the high points of a series (e.g. Air). Worse, this is a 4-koma source so the sketchy nature of plots and gag setup/delivery is going to be harder to mask in a 90 minute film.

I'll just stay neutral on this one for now. Would have rather seen a series of OVAs I think.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:50   Link #71
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far though, most movies of anime series tend to be recaps or regrinds of the high points of a series (e.g. Air). Worse, this is a 4-koma source so the sketchy nature of plots and gag setup/delivery is going to be harder to mask in a 90 minute film.
And cue my complete agreement with a statement.

No. For a continuation to happen, it would probably not happen until a new season is up. A movie spun off from an anime series normally serves to astound and amaze, like I said before, rather than develop the story further. Normally, this is due to the fear of ruining the canon stuff. Adapting a manga material into a movie is possible, though unlikely - but that's just my pessimistic, logical self talking. This is K-On. There is no logic. God knows what they would pull up in the movie, but I do hope they would pull some character development onto the other characters they failed to focus on in Season Two this time (Tsumugi and Mio, of course; in fact, even Ritsu wasn't that developed), if a continuation is to happen.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:29   Link #72
Iketsu31425
T.H.A.N.K

So far my bets are on a recap with extra's etc.

But my hopes are definitely on a continuation/side story before a continuation.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:40   Link #73
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
*Enters director mode*

I have this nagging feeling that this is how the movie will look (how I thought up so much on the spot, I'll never know):

Prologue

Sakuragaoka High School's bell rings. The weather is sunny, with cherry blossoms floating around in a mild breeze. We see an overview of the school's inner halls, and it is soon followed by an ecstatic, powerful countdown with the sound of resonating drumstick clacks. 1! 2! 3! 4! and one of K-ON's songs starts playing. [I have a feeling it will be either Cagayake! GIRLS or Fuwa Fuwa Time] During the song, we're shown a series of clips involving the original HTT members, which includes seeing them play their song and several other clips that involves their adventures together.

Opening

As their song comes to an end, the camera pans out to reveal Azusa, Ui and Jun playing together in the same room, with the original members nowhere to be seen. The three girls shortly reminisce about the previous club members, and Ui obsesses over her sister a little bit more.

Because the new school year has started, the club is once again put under pressure to find another member before it is declared that they don't have enough members to perform their live show. Azusa, Ui and Jun contemplate how they'll find another member, just like the previous members had to do.

It is decided that they'll put up fliers (seeing as how none of them knew the light-music club at the time that the last club put their fliers up), and of course, Ui's picture completely stumps Jun's relatively off-topic flier, and it is picked over Azusa's creation. During all this, an optimistic Sawako-sensei suggests the traditional animal costumes for advertising, which systematically progresses to Azusa's denial. A ludicrous (and probably quite useless) suggestion is made by Jun, which is politely refused by Ui, while being completely destroyed inside Azusa's mind. In the end though, the scene pops to the girls in the frightening animal costumes, handing out fliers.

Nobody rejects the fliers, but nobody in particular looks interested. Even as they politely accept the offers, the students have no real interest in joining, which Azusa immediately senses.

Weeks pass, with nobody even showing up at the club door to take a look. Troubled, the girls decide to practice a few of their songs to take their mind off of their current predicament. In the midst of hearing one of their new songs, we hear a barely audible knock against the wooden door. Just as Azusa cautiously looked into the clubroom for the first time, a timid girl (To follow my inklings, I'm naming her Misaka) enters the room, tightly clutching one of the fliers that was passed out a few weeks back.

It is revealed that she had been interested from the very beginning, but is ridiculously shy (which is why Azusa couldn't sense any interest from her, and why she didn't show up for weeks). After a decent length chat (over teatime...at Azusa's suggestion surprisingly), it is revealed that "Misaka" has quite the experience in music theory, which impresses everyone. However, due to her shy nature, she never attempted to do anything with this skill of hers, meaning she doesn't have experience playing instruments. Like the previous club members played for Yui, the new group decides to play for "Misaka".

Even while playing, Azusa notices Misaka tapping her foot along with the song in a very special way. While normal people tap their foot along to basic beats, Misaka's foot tap out different, intricate beats. Then soon her fingers follow. A spark goes off in Azusa's head, causing her to make a mistake in her playing. The song never finishes, but Azusa confronts a puzzled Misaka about getting her to play the drums. It takes a little time until Ui realizes where Azusa's confidence in Misaka came from, and for Jun the realization doesn't ever arrive, until Ui kindly points it out. If Misaka had to start an instrument at any point, the drums just seemed perfectly suited for her. After a tough decision, Misaka finally overcomes her potential fears and joins.

Misaka sits down at the Sonar drumset that the school had, and as expected, her first attempts at playing are confusing and broken. Jun still wonders why Azusa suggested this, but Azusa's resolve stands strong. Desperate for a drummer anyways, the members welcome her into the group and offer to help her learn the drums. They all enthusiastically raise their fists for the success of their first live concert.

Mid-Point (Story Arc)

On-board a bus, we see a shy-as-ever Mio looking out the window into the sights outside. The scene cuts to the other members of HTT, who are all waiting at the station where they all stood a long time ago, after their part time work to help buy Yui's guitar. When the bus arrives, the girls are re-united. After reminiscing about their previous adventures at this location, the girls head to Yui's house. As usual, an unbelievably mature Ui greets them at the door, and Yui's maturity is the focus of the jokes that soon follow.

While the girls all enjoy a meal (once again, fully made professionally by Ui), they talk about their lives at university, at which Yui is obviously having slight difficulty in. Mio is still struggling with meeting new people, Ritsu is already getting in trouble for disrupting class, and Mugi is suspiciously talking about several classmates that interest her. The topic changes, and Ui informs them about their club's new 4th member. Ecstatic, the HTT members find out all they can about the new girl. Afterwards, Ui lets them know that they've been working on a few new songs, and requests that the girls come to their live performance as alumni. The girls consider their schedules, and decide to think on their decision.

Moments later, the doorbell rings, and in steps Azusa and Jun, who have been invited over by Ui. The two girls had no idea that their senpai were in the other room, and Ui sneakily leads the two groups together. Not having seen them since graduation, everyone is ecstatic. Through more insight on the new girl, the graduates decide that they will attend the live performance, as they are now curious about her.

Near the end of the day, the girls go their separate ways. While we don't see where anyone else goes, Azusa heads back to the school, to pick up her guitar, and Jun tags along. When they arrive, the school is empty, but a resounding thumping and crashing of a drumset can be heard throughout the entire school grounds. Following the sound to the music clubroom, Azusa and Jun see Misaka at the set, practicing as if her life depended on it. Surprisingly, she had improved dramatically, and was certainly close to being ready for a live performance. Azusa unpacks her guitar, and Jun picks up her bass. The three play something relatively simple, but do so very successfully. While the scene fades out, we see Sawako-sensei, watching silently but happily through a crack in the clubroom door.

Denouement

It's days before the live performance. Advisor Sawako contently listens to the new songs, and is fully satisfied that the live will go well. Sawako's next step, of course, is to suggest ridiculous costumes for their performance, which is when Misaka begins to worry...a lot. Typical Azusa suggests their school uniforms for the show, whereas Misaka quickly agrees to. As a worrying thought, we see Jun actually considering Sawako's costumes...we're slowly losing her. Azusa even briefly considers the cat ears.

Curtain time. We see an overview of the school's festival, which is packed like always. The girls all help bring equipment to the stage, and a surprised Jun sees Ui pass her, carrying equipment with no trouble. (Reminisce in the good old days, where Yui watched Mugi pass her in the same fashion~) After being green-lighted by the new student council member, Azusa shares a laugh with her friends about how Ritsu always forgot to hand in the stage request forms.

Until the curtain rises, all is good. Everything is set and ready to go. Then the curtain opens. Sitting in the audience is a ridiculous amount of new faces, along with the old HTT members, who are standing in the back where Azusa, Ui and Jun watched years ago. Then, a problem arises. Just like Mio broke down in her first concert, Misaka's fear arises. The remaining band members notice a quivering Misaka and comfort her. The old HTT members also shout encouragement from far away, which leads into a thunderous shout from the crowd. It was clear, they all showed up to see the revival of the keion-bu. Misaka's shakiness subsides, and she energetically counts off their song.

We only catch a glimpse of one of their songs, but everyone is happy. The new band has a much different feel to them, but they never lost the original band's spirit, determination, and will to work hard. Therefore, their music stays as energetic as ever.

Ending

At the end, the new members receive a huge applause from the entire crowd, and unlike the old band's first performance, they exit off-stage without troubles. An overexcited Jun waits at the door of the clubroom, where the old band stood. And just like old times, nobody arrives after the performance. Later on, however, the alumni show up along with Sawako, congratulating them on their successful performance. Lots of AZU-NYAAAAN hugs are given by Yui to...well, everyone. After a disappointing amount of time, nobody arrives at the door. The girls have important matters to attend to, and the senpai leave, while only the kouhai remain. Just as they are about to pack up and leave, we catch a glimpse of a new girl with long hair and a hard-shell guitar case in hand...

Just would like to point out that this wasn't really a serious write-up XD Actually, if KyoAni leaves us on a cliffhanger, I will rage on them for making me wait yet again^.^
Old 2010-09-29, 23:44   Link #74
klare

how about it surprises us all by telling the story of the former K-ON club during Sawa-chan's era?

and the current members made cameo appearances as little kids
Old 2010-09-29, 23:52   Link #75
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
how about it surprises us all by telling the story of the former K-ON club during Sawa-chan's era?

and the current members made cameo appearances as little kids
That's actually a very doable story for an OVA/movie of a series, but I could just imagine Sawako, even in her teenage years, just torturing poor loli Mio with her gothic dark music personality. lol
Old 2010-09-30, 04:58   Link #76
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Haha! XD

I wonder if that's the reason Mio became afraid?
XD

-Somebody stop me!-
Old 2010-09-30, 05:09   Link #77
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

i've been looking at this thread for a while now, and it seems that the K-on magic has never faded, even as the season (and probably hthe whole anime) draws to an end. i haven't watched ep. 26 yet (i'm still stuck at ep 19), because i fear that when i finish watching the series, i will not know what i'll do next in my life (probably more burdens of studying, but that's another story). and we don't have internet at home.

i think i'll just take my time in watching the episodes. but after knowing that there is a movie about k-on, it really surprised me, even though i kinda expected it.

i just wish the anime will not end in season 2, and the movie will be a preview of 'season 3?'

i keep on being hopeful, but for now, i'll probably learn their songs in guitar before people will start to forget them.
Old 2010-09-30, 05:52   Link #78
krko
The Movie is Coming

I really find it unlikely that the movie will be an adaptation of the unanimated chapters, if only because they're just too uninteresting (mostly about them studying for the exam and a sleepover during the preAzusa days). Chances are pretty good that's it's going to be anime original.
Old 2010-09-30, 06:46   Link #79
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
That's actually a very doable story for an OVA/movie of a series, but I could just imagine Sawako, even in her teenage years, just torturing poor loli Mio with her gothic dark music personality. lol
Seeing the photo of li'l, innocent-looking Sawako in episode 26, combined with the character profile in the DVD which says that she - like Yui - didn't learn to play the guitar until she entered high school makes me curious of why she joined the light music club, and how they ended up playing metal.
Old 2010-09-30, 08:18   Link #80
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Seeing the photo of li'l, innocent-looking Sawako in episode 26, combined with the character profile in the DVD which says that she - like Yui - didn't learn to play the guitar until she entered high school makes me curious of why she joined the light music club, and how they ended up playing metal.
Isn't it because of her boyfriend issues? Heh. I say, that there's a very angst side of the old Keion Club that the new one didn't get to experience - much to the new one's fortune - which is a great idea for a fan fic, and even for KyoAni, it's not that impossible an idea to portray, either.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life