AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-14, 13:38   Link #21
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
It's just plot armor here, this guy wasn't even able to fly a plane correctly before. Now in S2 he suddenly went Gundam Meister, this role doesn't really suit him.

I had fun watching this episode but I'm a bit annoyed by how the show absolutely take people for idiots. They actually do it two times in a row:

- First by trying to make us believe Slaine could actually loose this fight....
- And then again by playing for at least the 3rd time the "aseylum is going to die" card

As if any of these had really chance of happening at that point in the show.
I am by no means an expert on flying aircraft but I'm pretty sure the stunts Slaine pulled in the Skycarrier during season 1 indicate the exact opposite of what you just said.

That he regained consciousness as fast as he did and then managed to not crash his aircraft is already amazing in and of itself. Anyway, enough of that I guess.

On another note, that last shot of Slaine practically screams "just bear with this for the sake of the plan"
Old 2015-02-14, 13:45   Link #22
lubczyk

I can't believe Inaho is the only terran on Earth who came up with the plan to use ground observers and use artillery against the laser mech. That simple tactic came to mind from the moment I saw the laser mech back in episode 2. Not that the battle was bad, it just came off as super obvious. No frills about it.
Old 2015-02-14, 13:51   Link #23
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I am by no means an expert on flying aircraft but I'm pretty sure the stunts Slaine pulled in the Skycarrier during season 1 indicate the exact opposite of what you just said.

That he regained consciousness as fast as he did and then managed to not crash his aircraft is already amazing in and of itself. Anyway, enough of that I guess.

On another note, that last shot of Slaine practically screams "just bear with this for the sake of the plan"
The so called plan is just like going back to original Verse Invasion of earth plan . It got nothing to do with sleeping beauty wish to see peaceful relation with earth . Slaine got over his head and people being fangirl failing to realize the obvious .

It's more self satisfaction imho .
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-02-14, 13:51   Link #24
Ryuga

Wasn't really said whether or not Inaho came up with the plan, though his eye was part of it. Darzana seemed to be the one in charge of things this ep. Wouldn't be surprised if Inaho did come up with the plan though, can't let the other guys and gals get some credit lol.
Old 2015-02-14, 13:56   Link #25
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Wasn't really said whether or not Inaho came up with the plan, though his eye was part of it. Darzana seemed to be the one in charge of things this ep. Wouldn't be surprised if Inaho did come up with the plan though, can't let the other guys and gals get some credit lol.
It probably was his because the UFE forces didn't use it in 19 months.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:00   Link #26
itisjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
this was just awesome for some of us who wondered i guess Inaho is really higher ranked then all of them , since he is higher then his sister which been in the military .. well damm it was a nice twist , this eye is a god like power , really like Odin now
She's a non commissioned officer, any officer in training school is given the rank of Ensign or something. Any Lt like Marito or higher would outrank him.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:05   Link #27
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
It probably was his because the UFE forces didn't use it in 19 months.
You do know that Inaho didn't spend all that time in a coma and rehab. Probably the reason why it wasn't used before is because they needed accurate and precise targeting, which Inaho's eye gave them.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:10   Link #28
endarion88

i find more strange that they don't install more powerful weapons on that ship, it got an infinite energy aldnoah reactor, they coul load it with railguns and the likes
Old 2015-02-14, 14:12   Link #29
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Spoiler for Well...:
More like, can't do the one thing that would make Slaine hate her forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
"Goddamn Earth boy stole my princess and put her in a coma (I mean, my adopted father did that but it's totally Earth-Boy's fault) and now I'm stuck with this half-assed replacement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsunafseiei View Post
The so called plan is just like going back to original Verse Invasion of earth plan . It got nothing to do with sleeping beauty wish to see peaceful relation with earth . Slaine got over his head and people being fangirl failing to realize the obvious .

It's more self satisfaction imho .
Spoiler for spoiler:
Oh yes, there will be much hell to pay for Lemrina.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:14   Link #30
Marina2

Wait, so.... if I understand Fake Asseylum/ Lemiria annoucement at the end correctly, Slaine is trying to create his own third faction???
Old 2015-02-14, 14:18   Link #31
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Wait, so.... if I understand Fake Asseylum/ Lemiria annoucement at the end correctly. Slaine is trying to create his own third faction???
sound like he is saying , "vers is no good , terran are no good" so how about "vers X terran" i think that the wedding "purpose" oh and let not forget , using cunning tactic and show of strength to tell all the others count who is the man in charge.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:23   Link #32
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
More like, can't do the one thing that would make Slaine hate her forever.

"Goddamn Earth boy stole my princess and put her in a coma (I mean, my adopted father did that but it's totally Earth-Boy's fault) and now I'm stuck with this half-assed replacement."

Oh yes, there will be much hell to pay for Lemrina.
Would be interesting if there is going to be an actual wedding with real princess . Only to be crashed by Inaho with the help of count mazoo and fake princess .

Slaine just got NTR Lel and slept with fake princess cosplay as her sister for consolation.

That would be my kind of thing that I'll look forward to see
Old 2015-02-14, 14:24   Link #33
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Wait, so.... if I understand Fake Asseylum/ Lemiria annoucement at the end correctly, Slaine is trying to create his own third faction???
It looks that way. Yet, how is that supposed to help the commoners back on Vers?
Old 2015-02-14, 14:25   Link #34
MartianMage

Well with Asseylum finally waking up I think the chain of betrayal will now start happening on Slaine's side. Asseylum will probably not cooperate and Lemrina will probably end up ruining Slaine's plans due to jealousy.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-02-14, 14:40   Link #35
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Well, now that Asseylum is waking up, it will be interesting to see how things will unfold from here on, especially for Slaine.

But first...she has to escape from that place because I don't think Slaine will give her much free reign to do what she wants to do (which will most likely ruin his plans). If anything, he'll probably lock her up somewhere again.

So with Inaho's last comment, I take it that he knows that Inko knows about the prisoner's escape?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-02-14, 14:54   Link #36
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Great episode Inaho didn't really do anything this except give directions but still epic! Slaine duel was fun to watch and I laugh when Lemrina? Said Slaine chose her, girl you're just a replacement. Now I am not a fan of Inaho hooking up with Inko at the end I rather he hook up with Rayet than anyone, that is if the princess bite the dust at the end, but seem like the director are building the Inko x Inaho ship. Like that the sister couldn't kill Asseylum and looks like she awake now.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:56   Link #37
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Well, now that Asseylum is waking up, it will be interesting to see how things will unfold from here on, especially for Slaine.

But first...she has to escape from that place because I don't think Slaine will give her much free reign to do what she wants to do (which will most likely ruin his plans). If anything, he'll probably lock her up somewhere again.

So with Inaho's last comment, I take it that he knows that Inko knows about the prisoner's escape?
I would presume so, since it was preceded by Inko's comment about him knowing everything and him acknowledging it except about Seylum.
Old 2015-02-14, 14:59   Link #38
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I would presume so, since it was preceded by Inko's comment about him knowing everything and him acknowledging it except about Seylum.
Very subtle moment, I love how that was handled.
Old 2015-02-14, 15:01   Link #39
Death Usagi
Banned

Sleeping Princess is back. Now time for her to bitch out the imposter and take back what is hers.

Also, this episode shows why one must wear a space suit if totally fighting outer space
Old 2015-02-14, 15:10   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad episode. They did have to get Inaho and the Earth crew fighting something so just having a random battle was fine. It almost seems like they are trying to give the impression that the Earth armies aren't 100% incompetent which I'm ok with. Inaho is still the only reason they are going to win, but it's nice to play with the idea that these people have learned something from constant fighting.

Sure you knew Slaine was going to win, but I don't mind them giving some tense moments to his battle to make you wonder how he'll pull it off. Luckily for Slaine he has the edge that Inaho has had to this point....Vers soldiers are idiots . Anyone should have been able to realize that when your big advantage is funnels you should not just throw them into a confined area so they can be annihilated. Props to Slaine as well for the simple kill. Take out the enemy but don't ruin a perfectly powerful unit. Maybe he'll give it to his follower or something .

For a moment there I did wonder if the princess was going to try to kill her sister. It was a bit of a tense moment. You think there is no way....and yet she got pretty close to doing it. Not sure if attempted murder just happened to wake Asseylum up....but ok . Curious to see how things unfold with this change.

Obviously a lot of shock to be had with how her identity has been used to worsen the fighting and even thrown into this marriage with Slaine. Kind of wonder if she'll be so shocked at this thing that she'll actually try to get the heck out of there and back to Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
Great episode Inaho didn't really do anything this except give directions but still epic! Slaine duel was fun to watch and I laugh when Lemrina? Said Slaine chose her, girl you're just a replacement. Now I am not a fan of Inaho hooking up with Inko at the end I rather he hook up with Rayet than anyone, that is if the princess bite the dust at the end, but seem like the director are building the Inko x Inaho ship. Like that the sister couldn't kill Asseylum and looks like she awake now.
I'm not sure if they were really building the Inaho x Inko ship, almost putting it to rest in a way. Even she should be noticing that his gaze is only pointed one direction right now. Seemed more like it was solidifying their status as friends.