AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 12.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 44.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-11, 02:43   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:19   Link #2
Senshigeia

Wow, already? What time does the episode start in Japan?
Old 2011-11-11, 08:56   Link #3
lightbringer
M9000

It airs at 1:30 on Saturday morning, so should air in around 2.5 hours.
Old 2011-11-11, 13:49   Link #4
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Another info-dump episode as I expected, as I recall novel 17 was lacking on the action but patience is a virtue, we'll get our war soon enough. With that said...

Why is Rebecca Reed so BASED! I love her already, a really good addition to the cast imo.
AND NOW WE GET CLIFFHANGER OH JC STAFF WHY YOU END THE EPISODE ON THAT SCENE!!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-11-11, 17:51   Link #5
redflame

Watched the raw version. Man, they didn't have to end it like that! D: I was expecting more Shana and Yuji moments

Can't wait for it to be subbed.
Old 2011-11-11, 17:54   Link #6
lightbringer
M9000

They just had to use THAT for the cliffhanger, didn't they? Lack of Yuuji this week makes me sad, but at least he appeared a bunch of times in the preview. Not much from Shana either, but at least Hecate had her crowning moment of awesome. But isn't her entrance a bit too flashy?

For a new character coming out of left field, Rebecca was interesting enough. I already like her more than Wilhelmina and Margery, and she hasn't done much yet (apart from nearly blowing up her allies' headquarters, an act that has my seal of approval).
Old 2011-11-11, 19:06   Link #7
alvinkhorfire

Sorry if this sounds silly, but Rebecca Reed is how Ogata Matake would look like, if Matake was a Flame Haze. She is cheerful, outgoing and dares to defy the rules to help a needy friend. Plus, two gag scenes of sprinker are funny, indeed. Still, she is a rough lady for throwing Satou around. I sure like Rebecca, don't you?

One interesting point about this episode is that they reveal what happened right after Shana defeated Merihim in Tendōkyū. It provides a chance for Shana to reflect on her love of Yuji. So, the ultimate unrestricted spell is love? Wow, does that mean we mere humans already have the ability to utilize at least one unrestricted spell? Okay, joking aside, it was a useful information for Shana, as she needs it to get close to Yuji and convince him.

It is refreshing to see Wilhelmina flashing a rare smile, in the face of adversity. After all, she once proclaimed that she will never be happy. Still, the assistance of Rebecca should brighten her chance. Anyway, I am still wondering how Wilhelmina will be able to mount a rescue operation in Seireiden which is laden with tons of tomogaras. It sounds impossible, but I guess we have to wait for next few episodes to know more about Wilhelmina's strategy.

Damn, a cliffhanger of Hecate confronting a weakened Shana! Gosh, I am so impatient to wait for another week for Episode 7.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-12 at 05:33.
Old 2011-11-11, 20:16   Link #8
Senshigeia

Watched it with subs already!

Good episode I think. Love Rebecca! I was looking forward to meet her since the first time I saw the OP and the END clips. Love the way she treated Satou and the flashbacks with Wilhelmina (with a pretty dress, long hair and a tiara :P)

Also, I liked the way Shana thought about the Yuji scene of last week. I just can't wait to watch the Hecate x defenseless Shana fight!! And looks like we are getting warmer with that huge fight coming... Also, I love this Shiro/Merihim fashbacks!

I gave this episode an 8/10: better than last week I think, but by far not as good as episode 4.
Old 2011-11-11, 20:30   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Rebecca; perhaps the most human of the Flame Hazes shown so far....

Samuel was every bit as awesome too...

Balar sounded younger than I thought he would be....
Old 2011-11-11, 20:33   Link #10
Senshigeia

Brigid treats everyone with a -chan after the name: she/it reminds me of a little girl who treats everyone as if everyone had her age.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-11-11, 20:34   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
Balar treats everyone with a -chan after the name: she/it reminds me of a little girl who treats everyone as if everyone had her age.
You mean Brigid....and yes she's ultra cute...that voice...Can't wait for Kiara to show up...

Balar is Rebecca's Lord
Old 2011-11-11, 20:40   Link #12
Senshigeia

Right, I emended it already! Sorry and thanks for pointing it :P

There were many new characters in this episode. I'm not used to their names yet

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-11-11, 21:07   Link #13
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I need to know....who voiced Brigid? I never thought I'd say this she is the most moe flower i've ever seen.

edit: wait is it just me or does she sound like Hanazawa Kana?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-11-11, 22:57   Link #14
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For an episode with not much Shana, and no Yuji, that was pretty good. I particularly liked the new girl Rebecca Reed. I love her personality and spunk. I think alvinkhorfire nailed her character with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Sorry if this sounds silly, but Rebecca Reed is how Ogata Matake would like, if Matake was a Flame Haze. She is cheerful, outgoing and dares to deny the rules to help a needy friend. Plus, two gag scenes of sprinker are funny, indeed. Still, she is a rough lady for throwing Satou around. I sure like Rebecca, don't you?
Yeah, Rebecca does remind me a lot of Ogata. I think being a Flame Haze gives someone a more aggressive personality, and that probably accounts for what differences there are between Rebecca and Ogata.

Man, if I was Satou, I don't think I'd ever want to work with Outlaw again after being locked up alone in a room for an entire week like that. Ouch.

Anyway, a pretty good Episode 6. A good one for character introductions, and gradually pushing the plot along.

8/10.
Old 2011-11-11, 23:14   Link #15
Headgamer

One Love triangle ends, another begins!

Hecate - Yuji - Shana

x_x

But really, yay for more Hecate because she's awesome (ignoring the s2 air-head clone.... thing)

Rebecca will bring some entertainment (and random explosions) to the show so that's always good.

Satou will run to his sleeping beauty and she'll wake up falling madly in love with him....... or not.... >.>

...That or he'll just talk to Kazumi who is back. I knew she would be back eventually, though I have no idea how she can help at all in plot or deed. I wonder if she has given up on Yuji after being shut down like that the last time we saw her (some how I doubt it).

Otherwise, no new info since ep4 on what exactly happened to Yuji. I mean, by now I have a kind of good idea about what happened, but it was still never directly explained. By now I doubt it will ever be unless they somehow tie it in to his plan. Talk about the plan, as with his past there is no new info on what Yuji's master plan is (I guess they will make us just watch and find out...)
Old 2011-11-12, 00:39   Link #16
Marik

Hecate VS Shana Oh Yeah. Where was Yuji at this time?
It's gonna be battlefield. Flame Haze vs Crimson Lords

However, there was not much info in ep6. I hope that ep7 will be more interesting.
Old 2011-11-12, 00:41   Link #17
haru_sunye

Rebecca Reed is now my favourite character in the series!!
Old 2011-11-12, 00:51   Link #18
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

The things are building up for one big earth-shaking clash. The last episode we saw the Guze no Tomogara's high generals, and now we are getting to know Flame Hazes' fighters. All is leading to an incredible last war. I can already see every combatant taking out his tricks and special skills in a confussive war. Yay!

I also liked the new Flame Hazes, individual personalities so I guess their powers will be as well unique.

I'm hoping to see Chiara and Sale entering to the scene soon, as well as all the other Flame Hazes.

Waiting for the next episode already <.<

--->
Old 2011-11-12, 01:40   Link #19
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headgamer View Post
One Love triangle ends, another begins!

Hecate - Yuji - Shana
This love triangle is infinitely more awesome than the previous one, since Hecate kicks ass and is not a pushover like Yoshida was. But then again, I don't think Hecate really has a concept of love or anything... so can we really call it a love triangle? At least it does look like the beginnings of one. But then, Shana and Yuuji are so into each other at this point, there's no room to come between them.
Old 2011-11-12, 02:19   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

uninteresting overall... but the last scene was definitely great and leaves me wanting more. Hecate on a jealous rampage? yes please

From the preview though, its obvious Yuji comes in, pissed off and stops her. Can't wait though!
Closed Thread