AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Sasuke or Itachi who do you like more?
Itachi 168 70.00%
Sasuke 72 30.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-22, 16:41   Link #161
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Those are the main reasons why I like him better than Sasuke.
Any particular reason? Fond of mass murderers? He's got more coolness to him, but what his character did really isn't something that can be forgiven.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 16:53   Link #162
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort
Any particular reason? Fond of mass murderers? He's got more coolness to him, but what his character did really isn't something that can be forgiven.
So what? I wouldn't call him a mass murderer. He is a pioneer.

Btw Do you know the reason he killed the clan? Do you know the real secret of the Uchiha? It's possible that Itachi is a hero.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:29   Link #163
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
So what? I wouldn't call him a mass murderer. He is a pioneer.

Btw Do you know the reason he killed the clan? Do you know the real secret of the Uchiha? It's possible that Itachi is a hero.
I called him a mass murderer because he commited murder en masse, he killed nearly everyone in his clan, including his parents. You could be implying that the entirety of the Uchiha clan was corrupt, but there has been no evidence provided to even suggest that.

If he DID commit these acts in an attempt to bring out Sasuke's potential that still is hardly a reason to justify what he did to his family and his brother's mind.

I can get that people like villains, I don't though. As cool as he is and as uncool as Sasuke often is, I'd still have to say when comparing their actions I like Sasuke more.

Last edited by Cort; 2004-11-22 at 22:40.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:51   Link #164
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Any particular reason?
I posted my views of Itachi on the second page of the thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Anyone who's willing to murder his entire family except for his little brother, just so he can test his capacity makes him a top-notch individual. That lack of emotion and remorse for murdering his parents and delivering the type of mindfuck to his brother that would make a CIA agent cream his pants, makes Itachi such a loved and endearing character.

There are very few characters in fiction that pull at the heart strings like Itachi. Here is a guy, who at a very young age, knew that he was meant for bigger and better things. But his clan conspired against him, held him down, kept him from striving towards his ultimate potential. They used meaningless words like honor, family, respect, and loyalty to guilt him into staying in the clan, knowing full well that by doing so he would never be able to better himself. They could never understand how horrible it must have been for him. How he had to live day in and day out in the shadow of a clan, who quite frankly, paled in comparison to our beloved hero. Yes, Itachi is a hero. Despite incredible odds against him, he found the fortitude deep within himself to break free of the Uchiha opression. He denied the fate his clan thrust upon him and through death and mayhem and the utter decimation of the Uchiha clan, paved the way to a future where anything is possible. A future where he is his own master, where the only needs he must concern himself with are his own.

A future that holds the promise of...greatness.
Quote:
Fond of mass murderers?
Im a fan of fictional mass murders: Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Michael Meyers, Chucky, the Leprechaun etc...

Quote:
He's got more coolness to him, but what his character did really isn't something that can be forgiven.
True. But Itachi doesnt care about forgiveness, which is another plus.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 04:51   Link #165
Satoru

Quote:
If he DID commit these acts in an attempt to bring out Sasuke's potential that still is hardly a reason to justify what he did to his family and his brother's mind.
Why? Itachi's father was an arrogant bastard.
How can you feel sorry for that guy?
He said it was very important for him to do that. Subject closed.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 06:29   Link #166
michicko_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Itachi because he is making his own destiny.
Sasuke had his destiny handed to him by Itachi.. and cannot even fulfill it on his own.. and has to go to Oro...

Believing in something, regardless of what it is, is always better than being a tool... which Sasuke is...
You know ur picture.. Hinata and Naruto do u think thats true...i mean do they love each other...i mean its ovios that hinata likes naruto but what bout naruto??? do u know?
michicko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 18:26   Link #167
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michicko_chan
You know ur picture.. Hinata and Naruto do u think thats true...i mean do they love each other...i mean its ovios that hinata likes naruto but what bout naruto??? do u know?
Here's what we know from reading the manga:
Hinata likes Naruto, a lot. You could almost say she's infatuated with him. What a lucky bastard, right?

Naruto respects Hinata and that's about it. He's never shown any indications that he might like her more than as a friend.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 04:18   Link #168
Odinx

Hah. Last response to this thread was way back 2004. 8 Years later, Itachi has evolved so much as a character, Sasuke is still a whining little biatch.
Odinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:12   Link #169
Dark Sasuke_101
Prince DS

Sasuke.

I've had enough of Itachi.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:55   Link #170
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Interesting to read what fans thought about Itachi and Sasuke 8 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sasuke_101 View Post

I've had enough of Itachi.
Agreed. He is getting too Mary Sueish which tends to happen when Kishimoto gets a new favorite and shoves his awesomeness down everyone's throat. He was a more interesting character before. He should of stayed in the afterlife and left the annoying savior stuff to Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 22:10   Link #171
Alchemist007
*Author

Even way back when, I liked Itachi more than Sasuke. Back then he was (still kinda is) pretty mysterious and had some motive you just couldn't figure out. I thought the best part was his last act before dying and the way it was done.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:24   Link #172
Aqua Knight

Sasuke of course.
I agree that Itachi is cool and all, but Sasuke gets my vote.
Easy to understand his emotions, he doesn't spout all the BS about friendship, just focused on his goal and speaking about revenge is better than doing friendship-no-jutsu.

That's why I liked Sasuke in the first place.

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2012-06-03 at 13:37.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 10:19   Link #173
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Considering emo-boy gives me an ulcer every 2 chapters...I'll go with Itachi...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:53   Link #174
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Considering emo-boy gives me an ulcer every 2 chapters...I'll go with Itachi...
If we divide the population in Sasuke-types and Naruto-types, then you would be Sasuke-type
If you were Naruto-type you would not hate Sasuke despite him being a jerk
But you are Sasuke type so you just state your hatred towards Sasuke instead of trying to understand him
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 13:28   Link #175
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If we divide the population in Sasuke-types and Naruto-types, then you would be Sasuke-type
If you were Naruto-type you would not hate Sasuke despite him being a jerk
But you are Sasuke type so you just state your hatred towards Sasuke instead of trying to understand him
If only things were black and white like that. I'm neither.

I'm not the type to just take a jerk's actions and blindly forgive them.
Neither am I the type to blindly hate Sasuke without understanding him.

I understand why he's the way he is, that his past experiences have all brought him up to be as he is. However understanding him does not in any way equal liking him. His choices, regardless of his past, have not been to my personal liking. His personally has always clashed with mine (so to speak) making me garner no fondness toward him even before he started making what I personally conceive as bad decisions.

There are plenty of other reasons why I do not like him, but frankly I can't be bothered to name them all.
But to simplify things: I don't like him because I don't like the character, some of his past decisions and the way Kishi has used him.

If there is a need for a label, I am neither a Sasuke or a Naruto type, but a simple Observer or Reader type. I see the events and decisions, and then judge them according to my preferences.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 03:22   Link #176
gunny69er

Sasuke can do everything at the moment that Itachi ever could do, plus lightning techniques and curse seal so I would go with Sasuke

Also Itachi never makes any sense...ever

Last edited by Hunter; 2012-06-08 at 10:56.
gunny69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:21   Link #177
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

what do you mean doesn't make sense? He's the reason sasuke is still breathing if it wasn't for itachi's plead for the third hokage to protect him, orichimaru would've taken his eye long ago