Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 05:17   Link #2921
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisis View Post
And at what point did Kinji ever solo an ability user?
He soloed GIII?
Old 2012-09-12, 05:17   Link #2922
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Who is not an ability user
Old 2012-09-12, 05:18   Link #2923
kaisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
He soloed GIII?
GIII is an ability user now? Pray tell, what are his abilities?
kaisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 05:34   Link #2924
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh? So that's the standard? No matter how crazy it gets, it's okay as long as Kinji doesn't solo an ability user?

And what does that have to do with what I've said anyway?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 05:38   Link #2925
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
GIII is an ability user now? Pray tell, what are his abilities?
Well he does uses HSS, but if you are to go into that specific >_>
Old 2012-09-12, 05:51   Link #2926
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

He's a "marksman" just like kinji
Old 2012-09-12, 06:32   Link #2927
kaisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh? So that's the standard? No matter how crazy it gets, it's okay as long as Kinji doesn't solo an ability user?

And what does that have to do with what I've said anyway?
Because you're whining and moaning about how Kinji is such a monster, and yet he has never taken down such monsters by himself.

Let's summarize his fights, shall we?

Kinji + Aria vs Riko
Kinji + Aria vs + Shirayuki vs Jeanne
Kinji + Aria + Riko vs Vlad
Kinji + Aria + Shirayuki vs Patra
Kinji vs Kana
Kinji vs Aria
Kinji + Aria vs Holmes
Kinji vs Reki
Kinji vs Coco x1
Kinji + Aria + Reki vs Coco x3
Kinji vs Watson
Kinji + Aria + Riko vs Hilda

And of course, his battle with GIII
(Might have missed some key battles but I think I got most of them)

Most of the fights were he won, are fights were he would utilize the talents of his team mates to secure a win. You keep trying to portray this picture of Super Saiyan Kinji, yet he would win not just because he managed a great feat with Hysteria mode, but also because he has allies who got his back. Look at his one on one battles with Kana and Watson who are the most 'regular' of the antagonists. GIII and King's Hysteria is a special case that would take another paragraph to explain but my fingers are rather tired right now.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:26   Link #2928
tsunade666

Kana can pretty much owned Patra like when he start doing it in vol 04.

Ability user or not. Kinji is considered a monster by standards of a normal human. Its just that ability users had their own standards too but pretty much not scaled or balanced.

And if Kinji's opponents are like Holmes, GIII and Watson who pretends he was a boy. Kinji will be having a lot easier in the battle. Kinji can't hurt a girl -_- even in hysteria mode or rather its the case when he is in hysteria mode.

The level of ability user in Aria is pretty unbalance.

And thanks for another summary.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:46   Link #2929
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@ kaisis
Simple; just because he doesn't defeat them 1 v 1, doesn't mean his ability still isn't haxx.

In the beginning it was at a fine level even though there are some absurd things like two finger sword catcher, then suddenly we get different version of HSS that the author just pulls out of his ass as a power-up on the spot.

Everything after Holmes starts to get pretty "out there".
Old 2012-09-12, 07:52   Link #2930
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hell, time-traveler Holmes is pretty much out there already.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 08:03   Link #2931
kaisis

Quote:
@ kaisis
Simple; just because he doesn't defeat them 1 v 1, doesn't mean his ability still isn't haxx.

In the beginning it was at a fine level even though there are some absurd things like two finger sword catcher, then suddenly we get different version of HSS that the author just pulls out of his ass as a power-up on the spot.

Everything after Holmes starts to get pretty "out there".
And yet if his ability is so "haxx", why does he still need a party to achieve anything?

Your perception of what's "out there" seems rather petty. Absurdity should have bitten you the moment the school uniforms turned out to be bullet-proof, the original Jeanne'd Arc saved herself by being Iceman and the local Japanese Mikos are Pyros. If you wanted a more non-absurd series, you shouldn't have even read the first volume of HnA.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:04   Link #2932
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Any spoilers about v13 battle and epilogue ?
Old 2012-09-12, 08:12   Link #2933
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And yet if his ability is so "haxx", why does he still need a party to achieve anything?
Because there's a difference between being haxx and being omnipotent.

Kinji can't be everywhere and doing everything.

Quote:
Your perception of what's "out there" seems rather petty. Absurdity should have bitten you the moment the school uniforms turned out to be bullet-proof, the original Jeanne'd Arc saved herself by being Iceman and the local Japanese Mikos are Pyros. If you wanted a more non-absurd series, you shouldn't have even read the first volume of HnA.
There's a difference between establishing your setting to a certain level of absurdity, which is what the first 3-4 volumes is for, And having random stuff just thrown out of the blues.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:35   Link #2934
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Bullet-proof uniforms can actually be plausible given a proper explanation, and miko as pyrokinesists are possible through the process of ability succession, as Himiko was supposed to have the power to use fire abilities. However, Jean d'Arc going Iceman is impossible since it breaks history, which the series tries to base most of its figures from.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-09-12, 08:35   Link #2935
kaisis

Quote:
Because there's a difference between being haxx and being omnipotent.

Kinji can't be everywhere and doing everything.
Haxx means gamebreaker, to the point that it's like someone is cheating.
It gives about the same result as an omnipotent being.

Quote:
There's a difference between establishing your setting to a certain level of absurdity, which is what the first 3-4 volumes is for, And having random stuff just thrown out of the blues.
Can you state what was so random in volumes 5 and 6?
Old 2012-09-12, 08:48   Link #2936
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Haxx means gamebreaker, to the point that it's like someone is cheating.
It gives about the same result as an omnipotent being.
No it's not, omnipotent is to be able to do everything. You can be haxx, but it doesn't mean you can do everything by yourself.

Besides, the real problem is the way the author uses it gives him an excuse to power-up Kinji whenever he pleases.

Quote:
Can you state what was so random in volumes 5 and 6?
Truth be told vol 5 is not what bugs me, I already had some issues with it but those I can let slide. Afterwards in 6-7 have I major issues, but none of it has to do with absurdity.

Then came the whole G thingy.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:54   Link #2937
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ You forgot the Rank R Butei. It totally destroyed the Butei Classification System. (It even reminded me of the Level 5s of Academy City.) It's like the author never cared about the Rank E, D, C, B and A Butei.

Old 2012-09-12, 08:59   Link #2938
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ You forgot the Rank R Butei. It totally destroyed the Butei Classification System. (It even reminded me of the Level 5s of Academy City.) It's like the author never cared about the Rank E, D, C, B and A Butei.

Lol yeah, but I suspected there is a rank above 'S' right from the beginning so I wasn't that surprised at all since most of the characters seem to be 'S' and 'A' ranked anyway, so naturally he would pull that trope with us.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:09   Link #2939
kaisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It was never important beyond labeling certain characters. If this was the story about an MC who wanted to climb up the Butei Ranks and began at E rank, then such a system would've been relevant. But nope, we have someone who wanted to drop out of the system outright.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:15   Link #2940
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It was never important beyond labeling certain characters.
I call that writing while wasting the potentials of the universe.

Quote:
If this was the story about an MC who wanted to climb up the Butei Ranks and began at E rank, then such a system would've been relevant. But nope, we have someone who wanted to drop out of the system outright.
If so, then the story might have been better started outside of Tokyo Butei High School.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen