AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 5 26.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 26.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-26, 11:33   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is Leskinen into lolis? That's certainly the impression the scene with Nae and Maho gave me (yes I know Maho is legal. A legal loli)

Mayuri is in a difficult situation. Not much she can do, unfortunately, since Okabe has closed himself off.

The ending of the episode really packed a punch. I myself was also starting to forget Amadeus is an AI and not Kurisu, given that she behaves exactly like her. I can't even imagine how much Okabe was hurt when Maho brought him back to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Daru and Mayuri were there when he went back in time to try to save her, so they at least know OF her. Faris definitely knows what's going on now, given that she knows that there's a time machine on the roof.
I was actually surprised they involved Faris. I wonder how much they told her (she knows about the time machine and apparently knows who Suzuha is at least), and what she herself believes. She's pretty open minded so she probably believes the time machine is real, but Suzuha's identity is another matter.
Old 2018-04-26, 11:33   Link #22
pervypig

Am I teh only one who found Kurisu's character here a little off? In the original, Kurisu doesn't seem to be that much of curious cat...
Old 2018-04-26, 11:38   Link #23
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Am I teh only one who found Kurisu's character here a little off? In the original, Kurisu doesn't seem to be that much of curious cat...
"Don't be deluded. This is Amadeus, not Kurisu. Kurisu is dead."
Old 2018-04-26, 11:43   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
She's more curious because she wants to know about the real Kurisu's relationship with Okabe. Her personality was probably also influenced by her conversations with Leskinen and Maho, and the fact she can't forget anything as she explained herself. Otherwise, she's spot on. There was even a scene where she hid her otaku interests.

Only thing I find odd is how much she's shipping Okabe and Maho. Kurisu didn't seem like the type to meddle (could be Leskinen's influence).
Old 2018-04-26, 11:51   Link #25
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is Leskinen into lolis? That's certainly the impression the scene with Nae and Maho gave me (yes I know Maho is legal. A legal loli)

Mayuri is in a difficult situation. Not much she can do, unfortunately, since Okabe has closed himself off.

The ending of the episode really packed a punch. I myself was also starting to forget Amadeus is an AI and not Kurisu, given that she behaves exactly like her. I can't even imagine how much Okabe was hurt when Maho brought him back to reality.

I was actually surprised they involved Faris. I wonder how much they told her (she knows about the time machine and apparently knows who Suzuha is at least), and what she herself believes. She's pretty open minded so she probably believes the time machine is real, but Suzuha's identity is another matter.
Nah Leskinen does the same Kurisu does - Trying to pair Maho with Rintarou. He himself seems more fascinated by Mayuri's friends... And Ruuka

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-04-26, 15:06   Link #26
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah, that episode ending was great. Also, why did someone give that ep a 1?
Well the description is "Painful". I know I've wanted to rate a 1 at times (I'm looking at you Clannad AS! )
Old 2018-04-26, 16:01   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Only thing I find odd is how much she's shipping Okabe and Maho. Kurisu didn't seem like the type to meddle (could be Leskinen's influence).
I would argue that during the events in the alpha worldline, she didn't have any close friends to meddle with. It seems quite likely that this is the kind of interaction that her and Maho have always had.
Old 2018-04-26, 16:52   Link #28
DracoS

Got to say what I really enjoy in this is Mayushii concern. You can tell the Okabe important to her and there close, witthout it automatically being romantic.
Old 2018-04-26, 17:19   Link #29
MCAL

Quote:
Leskinen is a man of many tastes. All of them very good.

Last edited by MCAL; 2018-04-26 at 21:44.
Old 2018-04-26, 23:09   Link #30
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well the description is "Painful". I know I've wanted to rate a 1 at times (I'm looking at you Clannad AS! )
Lol, I suppose that makes sense. It certainly was pretty painful. And yes @DracoS It's quite rare for anime to have close friendships that lack romantic feelings. It's nice to see them exist somewhere within anime.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-27, 03:52   Link #31
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
She doesn't have anything else to do.
Old 2018-04-27, 16:23   Link #32
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
She doesn't have anything else to do.
That,and she could be somewhat curious as to what relationship her senpai has with this guy, that she would let him in on the Amadeus project like that.
Old 2018-04-28, 01:36   Link #33
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Not sure if it's a major point or not but S;G having everyone in their 20s-30s certainly gives a new sense to connecting with the characters. Makes the story so refreshing
Old 2018-04-28, 02:21   Link #34
Applehell

More OkabexMaho shipping and now from Leskinen too.

I got to say tho Leskinen he's a lot more outgoing and friendly than I thought. I was initially expecting him to be some kind antagonist, but he seems like a legit decent guy.

I don't have much to say on Amadeus and Okabe relationship front though. While faster than I thought, predictably he's getting too attached to the A.l. that it's conflating with the real Kurisu. I do wonder how she not draining the hell out of his battery though, especially when far less complex apps can do huge number on a smartphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I would argue that during the events in the alpha worldline, she didn't have any close friends to meddle with. It seems quite likely that this is the kind of interaction that her and Maho have always had.
This made realize there was still a bit we don't know about Kurisu beyond saw in S1. Maho's presence in the story retroactively fleshes her out further even it's not actually Kurisu we know. That's quite a bit of clever writing.
Old 2018-04-28, 04:30   Link #35
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think the amadeus app is all that complex. All it does is display a videofeed from a stream, although I suppose it does stream video and audio input to a server as well. Either way it would not surprise me if he had a portable charger on hand. This is Japan, after all.
Old 2018-04-28, 10:15   Link #36
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Not sure if it's a major point or not but S;G having everyone in their 20s-30s certainly gives a new sense to connecting with the characters. Makes the story so refreshing
It's only been 4 months since the original SG story. Okabe is only in his first year of college, so he's only 18. I think Daru is either the same age or only a year older, so 19 at most. Kurisu was also only barely in college. Mayuri is still in high school. Pretty sure the rest of the cast is similarly aged to Mayuri.
Old 2018-04-28, 11:20   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It's only been 4 months since the original SG story. Okabe is only in his first year of college, so he's only 18. I think Daru is either the same age or only a year older, so 19 at most. Kurisu was also only barely in college. Mayuri is still in high school. Pretty sure the rest of the cast is similarly aged to Mayuri.
Yep, of the original lab members, only Moeka was in her 20s. Suzuha should be 19 since she's born in 2017 and came from 2036. Ruka is the same age as Mayuri (16). Kurisu was 17. Faris should be no older than 18. That about covers it.
Old 2018-04-28, 11:28   Link #38
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
whoops, keep forgetting people start college at age 18 usually. Mayuri doesn't actually feel like a high schooler though. Never actually see her much in classroom setting
Old 2018-04-28, 15:28   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Really? All of them are actually that young? I mean I knew Kurisu was 17. I always took Okarin to be around 20-21 though. Weird. I mean nothing ever states their age so nobody actually said they were younger, but still.
Old 2018-04-29, 18:30   Link #40
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Okabe is 18 though. So I'm assuming most of his friends are around the same age. Remember that now he's just entered college, lol.

Either way, I guess the main point is everyone is 17+ which finally puts everyone at an age where it is easier to relate to than seeing high schoolers in school all the time.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Closed Thread