AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 01:20   Link #1181
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So, the original season should have started with Precia's attack on that ship carrying the Jewel Seeds, and then ordering Fate to go after them?

That would have informed us of stuff like magical spaceships and the season's Big Bad and Rival from the start.

At least it was clear from the beginning that Yuuno was a boy instead of a ferret.
No. It's fine to have daily life things, but to spend almost half of the first season on it is a bit awful, and not too much mention all that time on the lolicon.

The movie kind of cut out most of the extraneous stuff.

Quote:
And when mildly important events like, "Where did Raising Heart come from?" are completely neglected.

And HOW exactly did the Jewel Seeds --and ONLY the Jewel Seeds-- end up falling on Earth, generally all within the same city on the same hemiphere of the same planet?

For that matter, how the hell did Precia KNOW about the Jewel Seeds being dug up, or what transport they were on and where it would be? You'd think that the TSAB would not simply announce such dangerous knowledge, but try to keep it a secret.

And who in the TSAB would have any reason to let HER know about them? If the wanted a dangerously psychotic interstellar scientist to activate them, the TSAB already has one of those as a pet.

Did Jail perhaps spill the beans as a way to repay her advancements on his Project F technology?
Yea, some of this stuff would help. Though I guess not having them is fine too, since this kind of show can use this aura of a mysterious world, being magical girl and all; it's not necessary to explain everything, as we only have 13 episodes.

Quote:
Yeah, it would have been much more exciting if that monster had actually MOVED, especially to attack.

If the next movie delivers anything, it ought to be that. (And hopefully without reducing the role of any of of the characters originally involved.)
I can agree with that too!

Quote:
Or not often enough. Where's my Yuuno/Vita rematch, and why wasn't she demanding one?!

"Dammit, you turtle-brat, start taking me seriously!"
Yuuno can't really win unless Vita gets tired. However, I must admit the fights were getting less exciting until Reinforce appears.
Quote:
A Yuuno/Shamal teleporter/bind/shield battle might have been cool, too. A chance to show off something other than Yuuno's strongest defenses.
Ok, now, that would be nice.

Quote:
It's highly unlikely that he accurately predicted that Fate and Nanoha were going to be on the scene when the shit went down. I'm pretty sure that was just the Liese twins adapting to the situation.

I have far less sympathy for the Twins, since Graham at least regretted what he was doing. THEY actually seemed to enjoy every moment of it.

I also seemed to get the impression that Graham was being quietly exiled to Earth because of political reasons.

I mean, we are even given a scene where Lindy explicitly remarks on how "odd" the resolution of the matter is, and we are also given a shot where Letti doesn't really answer her, but stares at her with an unreadable expression.

In other words, the both of them know it's bullshit, and we don't know if Letti is on Lindy's side in this manner.
The whole Gil Grahmn thing was a mess. It's the weakest part of A's and hope the movie can fix.

Quote:
Yeah. It's a shame they couldn't have shaved a few episodes off the bloated, inefficient mess than was StrikerS.

Having fewer episodes might have forced that season to tighten its belt properly.
I will not rant about Strikers. Honestly, while this season has remained consistently loved, Strikers has really not aged well.

Quote:
But enough is established that further seasons could develop them into more interesting characters.

This is pretty much what A's does with Chrono, by showing us more of his relationship with Amy and introducing us to major parts of his past.

I especially liked how his "You can't bring back the dead!" conviction is strongly explained in the second season. It's the conviction he came to in regards to the death of his own father.

The involvement of Lost Logia in that death would make Precia's attempt to use another Lost Logia to challenge that conviction even more personal for Chrono, in hindsight.

Unfortunately, Yuuno remains pretty much the same guy. We don't learn anything new about him in the second season of the anime. But a third season OTHER than Strikers (and set before that time period) could have done the trick.

What better plothook to give us another Lost Logia AND learn more about Yuuno than to have the Scrya Clan dig up another one and suddenly need a rescue?
Chrono, I can see. He's kinda dull, but he kinda works too. Honestly, his development was hinging on his relationship of Graham, and opportunities were missed. Yuuno-- yea, poor guy.

It was good you brought up Amy. Hey, a official relationship. Omg!

It's these missed things that prevent me from calling A's a masterpiece, but more often than not, it usually didn't matter.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 01:28   Link #1182
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
So, the original season should have started with Precia's attack on that ship carrying the Jewel Seeds, and then ordering Fate to go after them?

That would have informed us of stuff like magical spaceships and the season's Big Bad and Rival from the start.

At least it was clear from the beginning that Yuuno was a boy instead of a ferret.
I don't see what's the problem at first some things are in a bit of mystery but pretty much all gets an explanation when the Athra ship arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
No. It's fine to have daily life things, but to spend almost half of the first season on it is a bit awful, and not too much mention all that time on the lolicon.

Actually i like how they give details of Nanoha's personal life.

Quote:
And when mildly important events like, "Where did Raising Heart come from?" are completely neglected.
Quote:
Yea, some of this stuff would help. Though I guess not having them is fine too, since this kind of show can use this aura of a mysterious world, being magical girl and all; it's not necessary to explain everything, as we only have 13 episodes.
It was a weapon device type carried Yuuno, it doesn't just appear out of thin air...

Quote:
And HOW exactly did the Jewel Seeds --and ONLY the Jewel Seeds-- end up falling on Earth, generally all within the same city on the same hemiphere of the same planet?
The ship was only carrying the the jewel seeds as lost logia, anything else must've burned out at reentry, as for all falling within that same range, there is only one plausible explanation, they must have been in a container which broke at atmospheric reentry.

Quote:
For that matter, how the hell did Precia KNOW about the Jewel Seeds being dug up, or what transport they were on and where it would be? You'd think that the TSAB would not simply announce such dangerous knowledge, but try to keep it a secret.
Precia did a lot of research on lost logia, she probably found out about them through that, also intercepting transmissions or hacking is not unheard of in nanoha...

Quote:
And who in the TSAB would have any reason to let HER know about them? If the wanted a dangerously psychotic interstellar scientist to activate them, the TSAB already has one of those as a pet.
Well the TSAB are not all nice people... (remember strikers) its not impossible for her to find for instance someone to bribe, but that's beside the point its more probable that she tapped with the communications.

Quote:
Did Jail perhaps spill the beans as a way to repay her advancements on his Project F technology?
I don't think so judging, by the way Jail talks regarding Precia and Precia not even mentioning him, they probably never meet, she just must've found some data of his original project and then bring it closer to completion. Remember Jail himself says that he only put the basis for the project, it was Precia who picked it up afterwards and completed it.

Quote:
Yeah, it would have been much more exciting if that monster had actually MOVED, especially to attack.

If the next movie delivers anything, it ought to be that. (And hopefully without reducing the role of any of of the characters originally involved.)
Personally i was satisfied with that scene, and it didn't really need to move due to the large power it had.

Quote:
Or not often enough. Where's my Yuuno/Vita rematch, and why wasn't she demanding one?!

"Dammit, you turtle-brat, start taking me seriously!"
Yuuno against Vita oO, that would have been a complete massacre and flawless win on Vita's side... Yuuno is a support type, Vita is specialized in front line attack and especially in taking out defenses and shields...

Quote:
A Yuuno/Shamal teleporter/bind/shield battle might have been cool, too. A chance to show off something other than Yuuno's strongest defenses.
That i have to admit it would have been interesting, but still support role is to support.

Quote:
It's highly unlikely that he accurately predicted that Fate and Nanoha were going to be on the scene when the shit went down. I'm pretty sure that was just the Liese twins adapting to the situation.
Yup its most probably that they adapted to the situation.

Quote:
I have far less sympathy for the Twins, since Graham at least regretted what he was doing. THEY actually seemed to enjoy every moment of it.

I also seemed to get the impression that Graham was being quietly exiled to Earth because of political reasons.

I mean, we are even given a scene where Lindy explicitly remarks on how "odd" the resolution of the matter is, and we are also given a shot where Letti doesn't really answer her, but stares at her with an unreadable expression.

In other words, the both of them know it's bullshit, and we don't know if Letti is on Lindy's side in this manner.
Quote:
The whole Gil Grahmn thing was a mess. It's the weakest part of A's and hope the movie can fix.
There's no such scene, there's just a scene where Lindy and Letti talk about it, in fact Lindy says: "well, he only did some cracking and hindered an investigation", Graham had a very high position and quite many achievements in the TSAB, it was better resolved with a resignation, this way the morale and integrity of the TSAB wasn't affected.

Yeah. It's a shame they couldn't have shaved a few episodes off the bloated, inefficient mess than was StrikerS.

Quote:
Having fewer episodes might have forced that season to tighten its belt properly.
Quote:
I will not rant about Strikers. Honestly, while this season has remained consistently loved, Strikers has really not aged well.
Depends who your asking personally i loved every minute of StrikerS, i liked being shown how Nanoha's training pays off and how her legacy would live on.

Quote:
But enough is established that further seasons could develop them into more interesting characters.
I want Vivid and Force serialized .

Quote:
his is pretty much what A's does with Chrono, by showing us more of his relationship with Amy and introducing us to major parts of his past.

I especially liked how his "You can't bring back the dead!" conviction is strongly explained in the second season. It's the conviction he came to in regards to the death of his own father.

The involvement of Lost Logia in that death would make Precia's attempt to use another Lost Logia to challenge that conviction even more personal for Chrono, in hindsight.

Unfortunately, Yuuno remains pretty much the same guy. We don't learn anything new about him in the second season of the anime. But a third season OTHER than Strikers (and set before that time period) could have done the trick.

What better plothook to give us another Lost Logia AND learn more about Yuuno than to have the Scrya Clan dig up another one and suddenly need a rescue?
Personally i find Chrono rather cool, his a military man though and acts like one. As for Yuuno after A's he stays at the Infinite Lbrary so going after another Lost Logia expedition with the Scrya clan would conflict with his current story. Personally i think that all needed info was given about Yuuno.
Old 2011-09-06, 07:45   Link #1183
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold
I see it as the explosion tearing open a portal in time/space, and the exit to the portal opened above Japan. The seeds fell through that. Kinda would be nice to have a more exact explanation, as you can see how coming to different conclusions makes it seem kinda convenient. But that explanation worked for me.

Quote:
Precia obviously has some contact with Jail (got the clone technology from him). It would make sense that, as a researcher, she had spent her years building contacts with other researchers and TSAB personnel. Jail, or someone else, could have tipped her off: "Hey, looks like they found some pretty interesting lost logia on this planet..." Or she could have learned about them from materials, and had an active scanning device that could locate their general area.

I got the impression that Precia was the one who attacked the transport trying to get the seeds.

Quote:
Same. Yuuno remains, to me, one of the most interesting mages and people in the show. Everyone else is a blast-em'up mage, but he's more unique. And the Scrya clan apparently comes across ancient stuff all the time, so it would have been easy to fit them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing
I found that stuff important because one of the first complaints people have, is "why is Nanoha so mature?" All that daily life stuff, with her friends and family and school, is important to show why she is the way she is. Granted, they could have tweaked the backstory a bit more to explain the family part, and why they react the way they do and their impact on her better. But I guess at the time, they assumed people were familiar with the Triangle Hearts series.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 08:51   Link #1184
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Precia obviously has some contact with Jail (got the clone technology from him). It would make sense that, as a researcher, she had spent her years building contacts with other researchers and TSAB personnel. Jail, or someone else, could have tipped her off: "Hey, looks like they found some pretty interesting lost logia on this planet..." Or she could have learned about them from materials, and had an active scanning device that could locate their general area.
Like i said, from both Precia lines and Jail lines, it seems the they never really meet, Jail only put down the basics for the clone technology, later on Precia picked it up and was the one who fully developed it. Plus, the cloning research data of them both must've been shared through many underground routes, Erio's presence seems to confirm this.

Quote:
I got the impression that Precia was the one who attacked the transport trying to get the seeds..
She was the one that attacked the transport. And tried to make it look like an accident, actually the only mystery is how did Yuuno found the Jewel Seeds approximate location through dimensional space, then again he is an archeologist/investigator of Lost Logia and Earth is not at all developed in this regards so its not impossible...

Last edited by delorean2200; 2011-09-06 at 15:34.
delorean2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 15:29   Link #1185
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I found that stuff important because one of the first complaints people have, is "why is Nanoha so mature?" All that daily life stuff, with her friends and family and school, is important to show why she is the way she is. Granted, they could have tweaked the backstory a bit more to explain the family part, and why they react the way they do and their impact on her better. But I guess at the time, they assumed people were familiar with the Triangle Hearts series.
Oh it most certainly is. The movie suffered from the lack of credible Nanoha/Alisa subplot, for example.

But my beef is that it moved too slowly with it, and the payoff wasn't too spectacular-- it took too long to make a point. Sure it did have a point, but I notice that people who weren't into it would jump ship by episode 5, so I'd say there was definitely a negative effect.

The thing is the series never really managed to make anything out of her friends and family, and by season 3, they're just completely irrelevant. Now A's tried far harder in this regard, with Suzuka and Alisa directly getting involved in the plot, increasing the emotional stakes, as well as some tension. I mean, it's never a good thing to get your regulars caught up in something they're emotionally involved in, right?

These aren't the small details that should be shoved away in supplemental material. Stuff like the origin of the devices and history of the projects can be, because not knowing them doesn't really stop me from understanding the point of the series. I just don't have to worry about them, when I'm watching.

It's a tough balancing act, and many an anime with 13 episodes finds it hard to do right. A's did, for the most part.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-06, 15:58   Link #1186
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I didn't say anything about skipping the parts of Nanoha's normal life; I was just suggesting a different start.

To make up the time, they could have cut the hot springs stuff.

Quote:
And most of the NON-extraneous stuff, like developing Nanoha's character.

Quote:
Yuuno can't really win unless Vita gets tired.
Vita can be bound. Yunno just needs to find an opening in her offense, which is not impossible for such a defensive mage like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Actually i like how they give details of Nanoha's personal life.
So do I, as I mentioned.

Quote:
It was a weapon device type carried Yuuno, it doesn't just appear out of thin air...
It appeared out of thin air before Yuuno took it out of his side-pouch, though.

It was a weapon that was obviously designed for someone completely different from Yuuno, and by an unbelievable coincidence, was exactly suited for Nanoha. That's the sort of coincidence that has you looking for Destiny Ninjas working for a mysterious Council of Omniscient Vaguenesss.

Even a simple, "Oh, I just found in in some old war-ruins" would have told us plenty enough about it and wouldn't have taken any time at all.

Quote:
The ship was only carrying the the jewel seeds as lost logia, anything else must've burned out at reentry, as for all falling within that same range, there is only one plausible explanation, they must have been in a container which broke at atmospheric reentry.
Very plausible. I wasn't thinking about that container possibility.

Sadly, this would seem to suggest that the spacespace itself was lost, killing everyone on board.

Quote:
Well the TSAB are not all nice people... (remember strikers) its not impossible for her to find for instance someone to bribe, but that's beside the point its more probable that she tapped with the communications.
I think the bribery option is a little more plausible than the hacking option, though she was probably using a bit of both.

Quote:
I don't think so judging, by the way Jail talks regarding Precia and Precia not even mentioning him, they probably never meet, she just must've found some data of his original project and then bring it closer to completion. Remember Jail himself says that he only put the basis for the project, it was Precia who picked it up afterwards and completed it.
They don't have to be in contact. Jail knows that Precia was the one who took his technology and ran with it, and he might have done her this favor without asking or telling her about it beforehand.

Quote:
Personally i was satisfied with that scene, and it didn't really need to move due to the large power it had.
What large power? The thing never got a chance to attack; each attack was stopped before it fired a shot. Not very exciting.

Quote:
Yuuno against Vita oO, that would have been a complete massacre and flawless win on Vita's side... Yuuno is a support type, Vita is specialized in front line attack and especially in taking out defenses and shields...
You obviously didn't watch the same fight.

Yuuno wasn't even paying Vita the courtesy of his full attention; he was working on dispelling her trapping field and on preparing a teleportation spell targeting all of his widely-scattered and fast-moving allies.

He came out of that fight without a single scratch, which is more than Arf, Fate and especially Nanoha could say.

Quote:
That i have to admit it would have been interesting, but still support role is to support.
And Teana can't kick ass at short range against three Combat Cyborgs, because she's a shooting mage.

No.

Quote:
As for Yuuno after A's he stays at the Infinite Lbrary so going after another Lost Logia expedition with the Scrya clan would conflict with his current story.
First of all, the idea does not depend on Yuuno being WITH the Scyra Clan at the time, just that he recieves a distress call from them.

Besides which, haven't you ever heard of a working vacation? Nothing's stopping Yuuno from conducting or joining more digs.

Even aside from vacations, Yuuno is hardly holed up in the Library like a cave troll; he frequently leaves to attend get-togethers and parties with his friends, judging by the Sound Stages and manga.

Quote:
Personally i think that all needed info was given about Yuuno.
That's your opinion, probably based on the opinion that he's not interesting and backed up by an assumption that he can't become more interesting.

I don't agree with either opinion or your assumption.

Quote:
Same. Yuuno remains, to me, one of the most interesting mages and people in the show. Everyone else is a blast-em'up mage, but he's more unique. And the Scrya clan apparently comes across ancient stuff all the time, so it would have been easy to fit them in.
I'm glad someone agrees.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 17:01   Link #1187
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
I didn't say anything about skipping the parts of Nanoha's normal life; I was just suggesting a different start.

To make up the time, they could have cut the hot springs stuff.

And most of the NON-extraneous stuff, like developing Nanoha's character.
Well i can use the same line you used further down regarding this...

Quote:
That's your opinion, probably based on the opinion that he's not interesting and backed up by an assumption that he can't become more interesting.

But i won't i'll just say i was satisfied with the execution.

Quote:
Vita can be bound. Yunno just needs to find an opening in her offense, which is not impossible for such a defensive mage like him.
She can be bound for a limited time but containing her.... now that's a different story...

Quote:
It appeared out of thin air before Yuuno took it out of his side-pouch, though.

It was a weapon that was obviously designed for someone completely different from Yuuno, and by an unbelievable coincidence, was exactly suited for Nanoha. That's the sort of coincidence that has you looking for Destiny Ninjas working for a mysterious Council of Omniscient Vaguenesss.

Even a simple, "Oh, I just found in in some old war-ruins" would have told us plenty enough about it and wouldn't have taken any time at all.
Actually Raising Heart was exactly suited for any attack type mage, it just happened to be Nanoha, judging by Yuuno's reaction in the Movie for example it seems that Raising Heart was able to adapt based on its user. Also i remember hearing somewhere that he actually did excavate the device in some ruins but i don't remember where i heard it so i can't be very sure about this part.

Quote:
Very plausible. I wasn't thinking about that container possibility.

Sadly, this would seem to suggest that the spacespace itself was lost, killing everyone on board.
Actually whit or without this idea the space ship did disappear with everyone being probably killed, its mentioned a couple of times, that the ship dissapeared in the Dimensional Space.
Quote:
I think the bribery option is a little more plausible than the hacking option, though she was probably using a bit of both.
Well if Jail could do it (hacking) probably so could Precia do it :P.

Quote:
They don't have to be in contact. Jail knows that Precia was the one who took his technology and ran with it, and he might have done her this favor without asking or telling her about it beforehand.
Actually that's pretty much similar to what i said. But i don't think that Precia run with the research or anything since like i said both there cloning research seemed to be pretty known on the underground...

Quote:
What large power? The thing never got a chance to attack; each attack was stopped before it fired a shot. Not very exciting.
Remember when Hayate gets engulfed by the Defense Program ? Nanoha and Fate didn't stood much of a chance it was thanks to Hayate's intervention in rewritening the programs that they where able to stop the first faze of the defense program and yeah the thing never got a chance to attack because they didn't let it, as soon as it started recreating it self they jumped on the defense program.

Quote:
You obviously didn't watch the same fight.

Yuuno wasn't even paying Vita the courtesy of his full attention; he was working on dispelling her trapping field and on preparing a teleportation spell targeting all of his widely-scattered and fast-moving allies.

He came out of that fight without a single scratch, which is more than Arf, Fate and especially Nanoha could say.[/QUOTE]

I watched it, it was Yuuno running around buying time to teleport everyone out of there like you said, that's not a fight... No don't get me wrong i'm not trying to diminish Yuuno's talent here, he was indeed great doing all that, but he wasn't fighting Vita, he was just distracting and running from her.

Quote:
And Teana can't kick ass at short range against three Combat Cyborgs, because she's a shooting mage.

No.
lol really bad example even if a shooting mage Teana was still an attack type mage and your comparing an attack mage to a support not remotely the same thing... Nanoha is a shooting mage to yet she fought Vita quite a number of times...

Quote:
First of all, the idea does not depend on Yuuno being WITH the Scyra Clan at the time, just that he recieves a distress call from them.

Besides which, haven't you ever heard of a working vacation? Nothing's stopping Yuuno from conducting or joining more digs.

Even aside from vacations, Yuuno is hardly holed up in the Library like a cave troll; he frequently leaves to attend get-togethers and parties with his friends, judging by the Sound Stages and manga.

You do know you jumped the gun here right ? I never remember saying he isn't interesting or that they shouldn't develop him anymore, all i said that for me they offered enough background on him... and that there could be a possible conflict between his current job and a ruin excavation plot... i never said anything else like there shouldn't be something extra regarding him... If you really must know Yuuno's and Arf presence are the only things i missed in StrikerS (well they both appear for a little while but i would have liked that little while to be a tad longer :P). Also i liked him as a support even if he doesn't take up the fronts.
Old 2011-09-06, 17:10   Link #1188
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, vita do had troubles with being binded, Arf catch her really bad and Signum's intervention was necessary to get Vita out of the mess. also during her "pursuing" with Yuuno both were clashing various times(as depicted by the green and red lights clashing with each other when a wounded Nanoha was watching the fight from a distance). so even if Yuuno lacks proper offensive skills he still have chances of restraint or even disabling Vita.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 17:20   Link #1189
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well i didn't say that you couldn't bind her, but eventually if no offensive dissabling actions would have been taken Vita could have broke the bind by herself (at that time her biggest problem wasn't the bind but fate's attack which she couldn't defend against). The clashing probably was hammer vs shield, like i said Yuuno did took Vita's attention away, i'll say it again i find Yuuno a great support probably the best in Nanoha and it was shown there to why, he was able to draw Vita's attention while also trying to break a barrier and after preparing a teleportation spell, that's awesome, but still he wasn't exactly fighting Vita, only drawing her attention, with carefully planned retreats.
Old 2011-09-06, 18:13   Link #1190
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Going by what we know of binds and magic, binds can be tightened enough to, say, choke someone, or cut through limbs. But for less lethal means, I can see a bind infused with stun magic.

Barriers can trap people and be set to allow and disallow various things. So trapping someone in a barrier that prevents the flow of oxygen would be another option for Yuuno to disable Vita.

He can forcibly teleport someone... possibly right into a wall?

Really, I think they dropped the ball on showing exactly what you could do with binds and barriers, and instead focused too much on beam spam. Not that beam spam is bad; just that it would be nice to see other types of magic. It's one reason why I read Vivid, as we're beginning to see some of that. Force has Deville's rapid short range teleport, too.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 18:37   Link #1191
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Hmm... teleporting someone into a volcano, choking someone with a bind. But yea, it'd seem the support skills were quite neglected, not unlike they do in many an RPG.

Someone go write Seven Arcs and demand Yuuno be brought back for something like that.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-06, 18:51   Link #1192
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Well Yuuno's Bind is also razor sharp and in the new PSP game coming out it somehow cause his captive to explode. I'm not kidding, but I want to see how that get explained in the game.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 19:06   Link #1193
Sunder the Gold

There are things like Reactor Purge and Barrier Burst.

I think there can be trick to cause a Bind spell to explode.
Old 2011-09-06, 20:00   Link #1194
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Someone go write Seven Arcs and demand Yuuno be brought back for something like that.
Well, he already has a chance to shine on the "Gears of Destiny" PSP game. ViVid will also be a good place for him to show up and perform some cool tricks but Force is out of the question. Nearly all his support skills are useless against an armed Eclipse Driver.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-06, 20:11   Link #1195
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Nearly all his support skills are useless against an armed Eclipse Driver.
* Teleporation or Forced Teleportation, for ending fights that are going badly for his friends. Maybe by putting Huckebroken where Huckebroken don't want to be, for good measure.

* Physical Heal, for all those injuries his friends seem to be racking up.

* Scrying, for locating Huckebein and for detecting them trying to sneak up and stab people in the back.

* Researching the Bible of the Silver Cross so that his friends know what the hell they're dealing with before they nearly get themselves killed fighting blind.
Old 2011-09-06, 20:27   Link #1196
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
* Teleporation or Forced Teleportation, for ending fights that are going badly for his friends. Maybe by putting Huckebroken where Huckebroken don't want to be, for good measure.

* Scrying, for locating Huckebein and for detecting them trying to sneak up and stab people in the back.
The other two are fine but this two will depend on how exactly the Huck defenses work. forced Teleporting is a magic spell directly affecting the target, there's a possibility a Divider can dispell that. Scrying seems more plausible, but i think i remember something about the Esquad Huckebein(The Huckship) having some stealth functions. Don't know about the individual Hucks, tough.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-06, 21:33   Link #1197
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The one screenshot I've seen of Yuuno using an attack in GOD shows him firing a chain like a projectile. I can see it as a sort of weighted chain attack, like how Bel-Peol fights in Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:58   Link #1198
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The one screenshot I've seen of Yuuno using an attack in GOD shows him firing a chain like a projectile. I can see it as a sort of weighted chain attack, like how Bel-Peol fights in Shakugan no Shana.
Over in the Battle of Aces thread, I theorized that Chain Bind would be Yuuno's basic "Shoot" spell.

But since it's a spell... Well, I don't know much about the Huckebein's powers, really. I stopped reading before Signum got punked, and didn't really see a point to keep reading after I heard about it.

I popped in again just in time to see Hayate get shanked, and the stuff I saw there didn't improve my attitude.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:02   Link #1199
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not the best of reasons to not read something, admittedly. No one likes boring invincible heroes.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:16   Link #1200
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Just a reminder, but GOD is:
1. Considered an alternate universe, which means that skills used by this version of Yuuno might not be necessarily similar,
2. It's a game, which means it's subjected to gameplay and story segregation - skills can suddenly got depowered or empowered depending on the situation, whether for dramatic cutscenes or game balance (can't exactly have a fighting game where one character can't do damage at all, can they? )

Still, would be nice if Movie A's has Yuuno using GOD skills