AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-11-06, 10:09   Link #2981
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I think his decision announcing delay with PLL is a good move by merit of they can immediately follow the announcement with positive news and explanation in case demand to know technical reasoning behind it arise.

If they announced delay before PLL it will cause unnecessary speculation and likely causing negative idea outweighs positive change they do with Endwalker. XIV is popular now and they've been boasting Endwalker as end of Hydaelyn-Zodiark arc, they need to do it carefully so there's no regret for both sides; I can see SQEX only approve it by 29 October with regret they can't expect Endwalker carrying their year end report as most of their projects going to 2021-2022.

I believe YoshiP aware of the impact. After HW, STB kinda set precedent there were people ready to no-life MSQ. SHB and ENW pair definitely no exception.

Reducing Savage to one week after Raid is kinda bad IMO.
Pandaemonium is scheduled for 21 December, 1 week from that would be 28. Very close to New Years which JP, NA, EU celebrate.
Old 2021-11-06, 11:14   Link #2982
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I believe YoshiP aware of the impact. After HW, STB kinda set precedent there were people ready to no-life MSQ. SHB and ENW pair definitely no exception.
He is aware of the impact, which is the very reason why his decision should have been announced more swiftly. The real problem is that, the way he worded it on stream and on the official lodestone news is that it was by "selfishness", as in it was a matter of going for perfection. Which means that he requested more adjustments instead of his team being crippled by some persistent bug and whatnot. As such, it should have been easier to identify where things are lacklusters by his own standards, and as such, it would have been "easier" for his team to realize the time required for adjustments would be too long to keep the initial schedule, moreso that 2 weeks is really a puzzingly short period for actual development.
In this very case, it stand for reason to communicate that decision early on while insuring the PLL would be broadcasted as per normal. I dare say that waiting for the last moment to take such important decision does way more harm than actually making an early announcement and clearing it up as per scheduled. At the very least, people have more wriggling room to change their PTO 1 month in advance. But barely 2 weeks before? That's madness.
Quote:
Reducing Savage to one week after Raid is kinda bad IMO.
Pandaemonium is scheduled for 21 December, 1 week from that would be 28. Very close to New Years which JP, NA, EU celebrate.
You misread what I stated. They had 2 alternative solutions:
1) Releasing Savage content at the same time as Normal, which means it would be live on 21st December, just as everyone expected it to be if EW wasn't delayed. The drawback would be that barely anyone would have time to study normal mode to prepare for Savage but since everyone is affected by that and the fact every 2nd and 3rd tier of an expansion work that way, it isn't that harmful.
2) Releasing normal and savage respectively a week after launch for the former and a weak after normal for the latter, which means 14th December for Normal and still 21st December for Savage.

The whole point is to keep Savage around the exact same timeframe so world 1st statics and week 1 prog statics would be able to maintain their initial schedule. Normal and savage release dates don't matter for casuals, so changing those dates would have been beneficial for those it mattered the most. Most already made preparation in advance regarding raid scheduling, so Savage around the 21st was still perfectly fine for most. But early January is really the most delicate period of time for many regions. At this point, it would have made more sense to delay the expansion for 4-8 weeks instead.

The irony is that they sacrificed Dragonsong Ultimate fight because they were swamped by the content of EW. Yoshida explicitely stated they couldn't afford delaying EW so they made that decision of delaying Dragonsong until 6.1. Yet, EW was delayed anyway.
Sure the reason for such delay is most likely unrelated to what kind of resource and manpower Dragonsong would need over EW development, but the context really gives the impression his team doesn't really give as much attention to the raiding community to the point they have been shafted continously over the recent years.

I'm certain Yoshida made this decision according to the importance of EW in XIV first grand saga, XIV place in the MMO market and all the work his team has done so far. So I trust he set his standards highly to the point delaying the expansion for 2 weeks is worth the major inconvenience and potential damage/loss of trust that it could have done. After all, even patches cannot fix everything, if issues he alluded to affects the MSQ that badly, so people who cleared the MSQ early on might potentially have a less satisfying experience than those who cleared it later. That said, I wish these 2 aforementioned points were handled better.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-11-06 at 14:55.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-06, 18:20   Link #2983
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Remember that a delayed game will eventually be good, but a rushed game will always be bad. I'd prefer the former over the latter, especially with the tendency of AAA and even some AA games to be hurried out the door with bugs that sometimes haven't even be fixed by the end of the game's lifespan.

But also you have to appreciate the fact of how the dev team for FFIXV handles PR, being communicative and "visible" to the fanbase, as opposed to Acti-Blizz's more recent tendencies to to let their fanbase just fuck off.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2021-11-06 at 20:55.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-06, 21:02   Link #2984
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I understand concern about high-end raiders but to be fair its extremely difficult to do "everyone is a winner".

Take the current XIV state, hardcore WOW players that just joined can be so proud making clears can be easily argued because they're joining after all the SHB raids come out; kinda doubt they would do the same if they joined from start of SHB unless most of them would fall into rabbit hole of RP, Glams, TT, Crafting, Mahjong, Housing and Fishing during times waiting for Weapon series.

We also didn't have information regarding their expectation with Lv. 90 mechanics. We only got glimpse of Magus Sister that got Lv. 70 standard raid mechanics incorporated for first dungeon. I still believe behind that decision also consideration to learning curve (Shoha II, with Ougi Namikiri and two Gaeshi felt like new level of bloat among DPS after emphasis to correctly timed Feint) and potential buff/nerf (TBH, SCH unique buff + movement speed up and RPR teleport marking looks like potential nerf victim).
Old 2021-11-07, 06:49   Link #2985
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Remember that a delayed game will eventually be good, but a rushed game will always be bad. I'd prefer the former over the latter, especially with the tendency of AAA and even some AA games to be hurried out the door with bugs that sometimes haven't even be fixed by the end of the game's lifespan.
I never implied even a single moment they should never delay the release of EW. If Yoshida believes they had to, so be it. The real issue is how they handled those 2 specific points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I understand concern about high-end raiders but to be fair its extremely difficult to do "everyone is a winner".

Take the current XIV state, hardcore WOW players that just joined can be so proud making clears can be easily argued because they're joining after all the SHB raids come out; kinda doubt they would do the same if they joined from start of SHB unless most of them would fall into rabbit hole of RP, Glams, TT, Crafting, Mahjong, Housing and Fishing during times waiting for Weapon series.

We also didn't have information regarding their expectation with Lv. 90 mechanics. We only got glimpse of Magus Sister that got Lv. 70 standard raid mechanics incorporated for first dungeon. I still believe behind that decision also consideration to learning curve (Shoha II, with Ougi Namikiri and two Gaeshi felt like new level of bloat among DPS after emphasis to correctly timed Feint) and potential buff/nerf (TBH, SCH unique buff + movement speed up and RPR teleport marking looks like potential nerf victim).
I really don't see your point with wow players. if anything, it would imply they have to deliver the raid content faster (so faster than the even patches or more Ultimate) to capitalize on them, which is arguably not what I alluded to at all. The content is already there and ready as Yoshida already mentioned in the PLL. The problem is that they keep that timegate despite it will screw a lot of people given the period.

And honestly, I really doubt anyone doing week 1 prog/clear would need 1 whole month to adjust with the changes, even for SMN. Maths will probably take just a few days, and doing dummy lab shouldn't take more than a week. The rest is optimization based on encounters, so case by case basis.
Old 2021-11-07, 08:58   Link #2986
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

If this game needs you to stay subscribed to be relevant then that ideas stand true but unsubscribe until raid content out is not something new among raider in this game. Heck, waiting until very last patch to get clear stand of your main for raid is valid move too for several people; thus I gave you that case. Not the best example in this forum, I know.

Overall, I can agree about Yoshida messed up with this delay, but saying timegates is problematic just because they're not capitalizing raids, without actually know process and details involved with decisions making behind this delay, is pushing it.

After all, SQEX themselves must be clenching fist behind as this schedule favors MSQ-only player compare to previous schedule where they can be sure raiders on the boat too. The way I see it now Yoshi made bargain with "MSQ currently hyped and there's no harm if it helped polishing AR and Dragonsong Ultimate in one way or another", he already take the risk so let's just sit and watch how things developed.

Last edited by Tactics; 2021-11-07 at 10:08.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-07, 10:46   Link #2987
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Your case still doesn't have any relevancy in the given context. Releasing such content "earlier" will not prevent people to clear it at the very last day of a patch cycle. That's completely the opposite: the content will be there, regardless of the initial release date, so latecomers, MMO refugees and casuals are not affected by that.
Normally, this wouldn't affect week 1 raiders too much either but the context is too exceptional, given the extremely late delay notice and the very delicate period for the raid. That's why for that very specific Savage tier, they should adjust that release date to 2 weeks instead of 4 as a compromise instead of insisting timegating 4 weeks like that. Of course, they shouldn't change the schedule for Dragonsong and the rest of the patches to come. They should stick with the intended schedule based on 6.0 new launch date.

There is really no merit to keep the 4 weeks timegate for Pandaemonium tier 1 as far as it goes, hence why it is difficult to stomach Yoshida's choice of keeping that way, since he never addressed his reasons to keep that 1 month period, even though he himself acknowledged that a lot of raiders will be affected by that. Additionally, ever since TEA release, people interest in world 1st for Ult and Savage content really kicked in, with much more streams and race coverage. Eden's verse and Eden's promise had vastly more hype and coverage than Gate and prior raids. So that will be impacted as well given the weird period it will start compared to what's initially planned. I'm pretty sure statics like Haru Glory or Sylink will hardly be able to compete with the likes of TPS given that it is virtually impossible for Japanese salarymen to ask for vacation in January.
Old 2021-11-07, 13:08   Link #2988
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm not saying it on context of preventing clear, just as simple as its idealistic expecting everyone is a winner since the day one.
Those people "win" as they're late to the party, kinda hard to imagine the interest is no different if they've been with this game since day one without attachment to side-content.

That aside, as you mentioned salaryman I noticed the new schedule somewhat fitting winter break.
Probably this is how he draws the line and why we didn't see schedule for after 4 Jan 2022; if its true then Pandaemonium tier II, III with its respective Savage and DSU will be rescheduled using spring and summer break as basis.
Old 2021-11-07, 13:15   Link #2989
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What are you even talking about "everyone is a winner"? Honestly, the more I read your last 2 posts, the more I'm confused about whom you are referring to. The date doesn't have any impact on non hardcore raiders, so releasing 2 weeks earlier shouldn't have any negative impact for those. That date is a major point of contention for the actual raid scene (regardless of any other factors), and I fail to see any valid argument that would advocate keeping that 4 weeks timegate.
Old 2021-11-07, 13:54   Link #2990
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

You mentioned the situation not in favors of raiders and Yoshida made mistake for not moving the schedule.
I simply following with my opinion that its too much expecting everyone to be a winner--everyone satisfied with the outcome, when there's recent example of how some players able to be satisfied because they're late and without prior knowledge on top of that.

Its not even an argument; on my side, I'm more surprised you're more into how the decision hurts race to the world-first.
If you also part of that group, then I can understand. Otherwise, I don't see how this conversation became better without guessing about potential battle system tweak, Island Sanctuary, Housing or maybe efforts spent for the new PVP that may lead to this QA delay thus my response are more about guessing the cause.

Of course, continue only if you're interested moving into realm of speculation.
Old 2021-11-07, 14:21   Link #2991
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't believe you have to be part of that kind of group to see that issue. But for your instance I was a week 1 prog raiding guild during my wow days. And for XIV, I just go in PF, and while my reasons aren't totally the same, raiding during early January will be much more annoying due to work (PTO is near impossible to get for that period of time in my company), which will practically prevent me to do the very few blind prog you see in PF. And that problem will be even worse if I find a semi HC static for the new raid, but I digress.
Additionally, several friends of mine have week 1 prog statics in NA and JP DC. The major reaction I could get from them is generally a mixture of distraught and anger, with a few of them not so bothered. Of course, you could also find other people who are actually happy for that period of time. But in general, there wasn't really any actual complain when EW was announced for the 19th/23rd november (so 21st dec for raids), while now, the vast majority of the JP side isn't particularly enjoying that. That's why Yoshida not only merntioned people who have planned PTO for EW, but specifically mentioned raiders too.

Yoshida himself stated at 1:21:54 that normal and savage content AND balance are ready, with only the branch merge that will be handled later on. He also explained they had to delay EW because he wasn't satisfied with cut content or content implemented with patches. As evidence, 6.01 has nothing but the normal raids, 6.05 is the savage content + tomestone and the tomestone gear. In conclusion, the content you mentioned are either ready or to be tested during that additional 2 week delay, since they have to be implemented and ready for 6.0 launch.

As such, that 4 weeks timegate for the raids isn't tied to any kind of content tweak based on what was communicated. If there was, then Yoshida should have clarified that need of the 4 weeks, just like what he did for EW delay.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-11-07 at 17:53.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-09, 19:11   Link #2992
cyberdemon

Looking over the endwalker trailer again, I can’t help noticing that the WoL looks a lot like an ascian in several scenes. Maybe we’ll see the true rebirth of Azem in endwalker
Old 2021-12-01, 08:08   Link #2993
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Preliminary Patch Notes:

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ca66a42ef10112
Old 2021-12-01, 14:49   Link #2994
cyberdemon

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

A little something I noticed but the Lalafell from the samurai quest is shown talking to The lalafell from the rogue quests in the beginning as the camera is pulling away. I wonder if we’re going to see the npcs from the class and job quests making appearances in the msq. It’s at 19 seconds in.
Old 2021-12-02, 04:03   Link #2995
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Servers are now down. Say goodbye to Shadowbringers.

See you all on the moon!
Old 2021-12-02, 09:25   Link #2996
cyberdemon

Sadly failed to finish my new run through. Still have 5.1-5.5 to do and it’s raid and trials before I start Endwalker. Gotta be careful about spoilers over the next several days.
Old 2021-12-02, 16:16   Link #2997
Twi

I would avoid Youtube entirely.
Old 2021-12-03, 04:01   Link #2998
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Throw wide the gates!
Old 2021-12-03, 09:01   Link #2999
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The servers are getting absolutely crushed right now. 4 servers actually crashed and my server Tonberry had to rollback like 15 minutes or so. The login queue for some servers reaches nearly 10k. It's insane.
Old 2021-12-03, 10:08   Link #3000
cyberdemon

You’d expect problems but this sounds more like a ddos

Tags
mmorpg