AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2021-04-01, 07:26   Link #61
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Did they announce the BD dates during the screening?
Old 2021-04-01, 08:38   Link #62
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nope, they just announced that Benedizione is coming soon.....Along with a whole load of other anime movies slated for the coming months and summer (Eureka 7, Gundam Hathaway, FGO Camelot pt 2, サイダーのように言葉が湧き上がる off the top of my head)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're so lucky. Just watching the latest trailer makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I didn't even know it was airing in the JR Tower cinema actually.....Just stumbled upon it while buying ticket for the Evangelion film
Old 2021-05-13, 22:41   Link #63
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

BD release: August 18
Old 2021-05-14, 08:01   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the heads-up. Now hoping someone will sub it...
Old 2021-08-18, 11:35   Link #65
ibby

I just watched this movie, and I quite enjoyed going back to this cast of characters. I was surprised at the runtime of this movie, as it was a little over an hour. The highlight for me was the singing duet in the opera house, by the two characters. I also enjoyed the holiday costumes worn by everyone, in the movie also. There was also plenty of Super Deformed moments of humour by the cast. I can't wait for the next movie from the Aria franchise, as I can't wait to see how this franchise will end.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-28, 13:43   Link #66
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Now hoping someone will sub it...
It's been subbed. I don't think the characters ever looked this good, and the visuals overall were pretty.
Old 2021-08-28, 18:41   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It's been subbed. I don't think the characters ever looked this good, and the visuals overall were pretty.
Faster than I thought!

I don't think I can find the right words to express how wonderful this movie was. It made me feel things no other movie ever has. Truly peak Aria. I liked the Avvenire, but this was on a completely different level!

It's a bit cliché, but I loved the reveal Athena was the reason Alice decided to become an Undine. Anya, too.
Old 2021-08-29, 03:46   Link #68
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yep. the movie was great. Not to original but fully in vain with oprevious Aria installments. Rina Sato was a perfect candidate as a new seiyuu for Athena. And I like how they remade the songs and incorporated some bits from the series and manga in this movie.

Some people complained about new designs but I'm fine with them. Waiting for the Benedezione now.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-29, 17:10   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Some people complained about new designs but I'm fine with them. Waiting for the Benedezione now.
I must say I don't get the complaints. The girls have never looked as pretty as in that movie. I'm really glad they fixed Alice's hair, it looked bad in Avvenire.

In terms of character design, I'd say Crepusculo > Origination > The Natural = The animation (duh) >>> Avvenire.
Old 2021-09-12, 23:21   Link #70
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The film's definitely a love letter to the original series, and with this one in the books, I'm similarly looking forwards to Benedezione now.
Old 2021-09-20, 17:17   Link #71
Dextro
He Without a Title

Took me a while but I finally found myself in the right mood and with the proper time to give attention to this and boy was it worth it. I can definitely say I'm one of those who aren't fully on board with the new character designs but they really aren't bad at all and they do look stunning. Only issue I really have is with Akira who looks really different from pervious installments of the franchise but aside from that everyone looks stunning (including Akira) so I'll get used to it.

As for Sato Rina's casting it wasn't half bad but I just couldn't stop hearing Makoto (P5) or Misaka (Railgun) so it was always breaking my concentration a bit. It doesn't help that Athena had quite possibly more lines in this movie than she had in any episode of the 3 seasons so I was more aware of it. Still not a bad casting, just something else to get used to.

But anyway, no more of the changes, on to the praise: Neo-Venezia has never looked so good! The visuals were outstanding, soundtrack placement was on point with the trusty old Chrono Club tracks and Kayano Ai is just too cute as Anya. When she went "Eh!" right in the opening minutes of the movie I knew my heart was going to melt and it sure did.

I also want to point out the outstanding work from Alice's voice actress. At first I thought that Alice sounded off for most of the movie but then I realized that the movie was just drawing some parallels with Athena (the lunch scene) and that Alice was trying to sound like the senpai she felt like she had to be. When her mask broke down and the old snarky Alice came to the top (like on the bath scene) was when it finally clicked with me. Pretty nice bit of storytelling through the direction there. Thumbs up from me.

Overall a solid 8 out of 10 from me. It's not the emotional high of Origination but, at this point, it would be hard to reach that. I would also dock half a point due to the lack of Ai-chan in the film. Thankfully Anya'a cuteness gets an half a point extra from me restoring the balance.

Bring forth the next one! I'm still shocked this got a revival but I'm not complaining!
Old 2021-09-20, 18:31   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
As for Sato Rina's casting it wasn't half bad but I just couldn't stop hearing Makoto (P5) or Misaka (Railgun) so it was always breaking my concentration a bit. It doesn't help that Athena had quite possibly more lines in this movie than she had in any episode of the 3 seasons so I was more aware of it. Still not a bad casting, just something else to get used to.
Honestly I don't think anyone else would have been better for the job. She sounded like Athena to me.

Tags
sci-fi, slice of life