AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-18, 08:22   Link #41
KuruluciaFalFairia

yeah i agree that some of the female character interaction with MC isn't that major
imo maybe he mean stepsister, childhood friend, fairy Lin, herb picking girl(?), Xiaoran, and Huo'er

Huo'er has this mysterious background but her skill in desolate heaven master is overshadowed by Fairy Lin, and please more Dong'er~~
Old 2016-03-18, 08:36   Link #42
Mahesvara

Childhood friend maybe but I don't see any chance for herb girl, I mean she is just a minor character and they didn't even think about it imo
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 09:14   Link #43
KuruluciaFalFairia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesvara View Post
Childhood friend maybe but I don't see any chance for herb girl, I mean she is just a minor character and they didn't even think about it imo
hehe you're right i'm just listing some character that have decent interaction with him

and currently we're just in divine city, who knows maybe there will be a key character introduced after Yi Yun leave the divine city because iirc some greater genius youth with higher status didn't partake in this training camp
Old 2016-03-18, 11:01   Link #44
Mahesvara

I liked this story very much(Long Live Brick Master!) and I am curious about previous book. Is it worth reading Martial World?
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 11:21   Link #45
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Just can't see Chu Xiaoran being a romantic interest. She seems more like just a friend or rival for Yi Yun. The ones that do seem to potentially be romantically involved are Lin Xintong, Jiang Xiaorou and Luo Huo'er, with likeliness in that order.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 12:32   Link #46
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesvara View Post
I liked this story very much(Long Live Brick Master!) and I am curious about previous book. Is it worth reading Martial World?
It's depend on Your view, but on general oppinion, MW is a worthy read and a good piece on it's own, however, do not expect the same level of detail and story board of of True martial world, TMW is way more superior to MW.

as far as heroine goes only Linxintong is a guaranteed, followed by Hua'er and Xiaorou, so far the author is pushing for XIaoran with recent developments, but the developments is rather slow( which i like it) so not really sure, but in fact, even Xiaorou is not sure in many opinions
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 17:36   Link #47
Iramohs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruluciaFalFairia View Post
hehe you're right i'm just listing some character that have decent interaction with him

and currently we're just in divine city, who knows maybe there will be a key character introduced after Yi Yun leave the divine city because iirc some greater genius youth with higher status didn't partake in this training camp
They shouldn't be in the Divine City for that much longer. They'll have to move somewhere else to confront the beast horde.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 17:50   Link #48
arthand

It annoys me that yi yun only have 2 pages of ten thousand beast totem and now he might never get them since he is a prisoner also they might get his sprit sword and all other items. Author never mentioned what happened to the bird yi yun killed, did he left it there isnt that a waste ? Yi yun never got talent relic also he didnt get his sage lvl sword and saber. At last he didnt absorved a desolate elder who has spatial aptitude ,whats wrong with the author leaving all these hanging doesnt these annoy you guys too.
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 18:11   Link #49
KuruluciaFalFairia

imo it has to be done, imagine he gets the elders sword and saber plus that talent relic, he will be waaaaay too op, this kind of development isn't so bad, i'm not annoyed, more like thrilled with the desperate situation at each new chapter release

and what bird? golden crow species at burning hell? iirc the blood is stored as potion, maybe the carcass is stored at his interspatial ring?
Old 2016-04-12, 05:42   Link #50
devilo96

this series much better than Atg cuz to many BS in atg
and All hail brick master....and soon we can see our Mc new power :v
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 11:00   Link #51
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
this series much better than Atg cuz to many BS in atg
and All hail brick master....and soon we can see our Mc new power :v
TBH i'm not so sure, the series is relatively new, and the author of TMW had his own problem when it came to writing, if you read his previous works then you will know what i'm talking about
Old 2016-04-12, 11:18   Link #52
Hiyono

Yeah, of late, he's already started to run into writer's block with fair frequency. I think the scope of the series is about to open up, though, so hopefully as it shifts into an entirely different arc, he'll be able to get back on track.

I just hope that as we move on into the series, Yi Yun will finally stop being such a loner. I don't know why TMW is written this way; the protagonist of his prequel series, Lin Ming, was a really social person.
Old 2016-04-13, 05:55   Link #53
Arkeus

I feel the story's gotten boring and really over-wanked in the 200s, and by now it's barely readable.

OTOH, ATG got that way by chapter 100, so....
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 06:52   Link #54
arthand

I think TMW is still fun but author seems to abandon his previous ideas so much and makes huge changes about the plot . For example author abandoned desole bone that gives talent, he also didnt give yi yun sage weapons or totem pages .Forget about the relic but where will yi yun find totem pages now ?

I also find it annoying that shen to nantian didnt take yi yuns spatial ring or yi yun didnt absorved elders ownerless energy.At least give us explanations before abandoning these ideas.Lets also not forget other beasts yi yun absorved before divine bird and what does this totem does no one knows .
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 07:40   Link #55
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyono View Post
Yeah, of late, he's already started to run into writer's block with fair frequency. I think the scope of the series is about to open up, though, so hopefully as it shifts into an entirely different arc, he'll be able to get back on track.

I just hope that as we move on into the series, Yi Yun will finally stop being such a loner. I don't know why TMW is written this way; the protagonist of his prequel series, Lin Ming, was a really social person.
yeah. I sense the same things, the social interaction in TMW is severely lacking despite being around for 300s chapters,

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthand View Post
I think TMW is still fun but author seems to abandon his previous ideas so much and makes huge changes about the plot . For example author abandoned desole bone that gives talent, he also didnt give yi yun sage weapons or totem pages .Forget about the relic but where will yi yun find totem pages now ?

I also find it annoying that shen to nantian didnt take yi yuns spatial ring or yi yun didnt absorved elders ownerless energy.At least give us explanations before abandoning these ideas.Lets also not forget other beasts yi yun absorved before divine bird and what does this totem does no one knows .
the totems aside, the main problem is that the author seem to believe YY is too OP and decided to toned him down - which is a bad idea. Now, the idea of not making MC too OP is good, but the way he is doing it is not very much so. The whole arc happened way too sudden and it fall into the author old problem with his pacing
Old 2016-04-13, 09:57   Link #56
Chayzen

Yeah True Martial World started really good, but you can clearly see that the author doesn't really know how to continue his story.

I really liked a lot of the xianxia/wuxia novels at the start, but most chinese authors can't deliver everyday 2 chapters (with ~3000 characters?) that are not simply a big repetition. The same way it was with ATG (or MGA), start pretty good, he was weak (and not just underestimated) but still showed his incredible strength. After a certain point (chapter 150?) it's all one big repetition in ATG. My guess is that chinese authors have a good idea for the start, but after that they haven't envisioned how to progress the story.

Just look at ATG currently:
New Harem Girl -> Tournament -> Underestimated -> Win -> Supposedly Dead -> Powerup -> Repeat.

TMW doesn't repeat the story so blatantly, but the sense of progress and the allure of the first 100-200 chapters is gone. There are some novels like ISSTH or (the first half of) Coiling Dragon that avoided that and made them special. On one hand I understand how difficult it must be to write everyday two chapters that progess the story. You need just to look at western (fantasy) authors, they take often years to write one book to deliver a good story.

And thats the point I don't understand, are chinese web novel authors really forced to write everyday 2 chapters without a break? Do they really need the money so desperately that they can't take a week off or just write 1 chapter a day? Are chinese readers so disloyal that after a break of one week they stop reading/buying a novel? My wish would be that the author takes one week (or even two weeks!) off (and communicates it before) to get a clear idea were to progess the story and how. It can't be easy to write hundreds or even thousands of chapters continuously everyday without break. Just take a break, get new ideas and don't just repeat the story or stop the progress.
Chayzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 15:13   Link #57
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post

the totems aside, the main problem is that the author seem to believe YY is too OP and decided to toned him down - which is a bad idea. Now, the idea of not making MC too OP is good, but the way he is doing it is not very much so. The whole arc happened way too sudden and it fall into the author old problem with his pacing
Yeah, he could...just have had Yi Yun actually lose one of the many tournaments he was in. Or be unable to make the totem. Or have no harvest whatsoever in the small-world with lava but still lose all his items.

Show that why Yi Yun has an enormous advantage, that doesn't mean that no one else ever had advantages and when someone who should know better give him advice he should think that maybe there is a reason why
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 16:21   Link #58
coded321
He Who Games

that's one of my main problems with these kinds of martial art novels. the stories are just the mcs slowly moving towards some mystical rank, only to reach it and learn there's a far superior position above that one. for example the mcs all like "Yes i've finally reached the mystical 5th rank!". then a chapter later, the next villain is introduced, "hmph! a mere 5th rank dares challenge me, a 20th rank?!". then mc reaches 20th rank, beats the villain, and then the next villain is introduced saying, "what can a mere 20th rank like you do against me, who is a heavenly QI king?".
basically these novels are just mcs going through a never ending grinding, so even if the start is interesting, eventually the story will become drawn out, repetitive, and boring. this in turn results in the authors trying to make the plot interesting again, resulting in sudden changes in the story, or the world system that was set up the beginning(ex.from desolate bones to totem pages).

Last edited by coded321; 2016-04-13 at 18:01.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 19:16   Link #59
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
that's one of my main problems with these kinds of martial art novels. the stories are just the mcs slowly moving towards some mystical rank, only to reach it and learn there's a far superior position above that one. for example the mcs all like "Yes i've finally reached the mystical 5th rank!". then a chapter later, the next villain is introduced, "hmph! a mere 5th rank dares challenge me, a 20th rank?!". then mc reaches 20th rank, beats the villain, and then the next villain is introduced saying, "what can a mere 20th rank like you do against me, who is a heavenly QI king?".
basically these novels are just mcs going through a never ending grinding, so even if the start is interesting, eventually the story will become drawn out, repetitive, and boring. this in turn results in the authors trying to make the plot interesting again, resulting in sudden changes in the story, or the world system that was set up the beginning(ex.from desolate bones to totem pages).
Yeah, this is exactly why I greatly prefer wuxia to xianxia/xuanhuan. Power levels play much less of a role there; instead there's much more of an emphasis on technique and state of mind. Unfortunately, that opinion seems to be greatly in the minority If it weren't for 飞卢, I don't know what I'd do!
Old 2016-04-13, 20:56   Link #60
Breidaluk

Well, the thing with the novels is that whenever the Mc start getting in the latter stages of cultivation the diference in levels makes the fight more difficult. YY is actually doing good closing the gap with skills and some treasures he managed to get in his journey, but at a later stage his cultivation will make more of his total strength(like the other novels). The really good thing in this novel is that the author actually explains much more ways to become stronger even with a weaker cultivation.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote