AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-06, 08:25   Link #1
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Looking for Gal/Ero/VN games

Currently i cannot watch any anime because i'm using a shitcase and video loading/downloading sucks dick, and since i even finished reading kissxsis manga, i currently have nothing to do. Outside it's even raining lol, this situation is the worst.

So, i've never played such games, so i'm kinda new at it. I've read somewhere what is the difference between those 3 types of games, and so i think i'm more looking for eroge and gal games. I've been suggested to try them out, since i could have enjoyed them. I'll give you some hints about what i'm looking for:

- School life setting preferred; i started watching ecchi/romance animes with the school background because i wanted to remember old school days, since i miss them really much. Since i can't continue my watching, at the moment, and i finished reading one of the only manga that ever picked up my interest (Kissxsis, just to say), i have nothing left to do and wanted to try out these games. Oh, it is okay if there is a little fantasy/magic background in it, as far as it doesn't take over the school background. (Remember, the school background is just the preferred scenario; it is okay if it's settled on another kind of scenario, but it must keep the same age period (15-17y). Oh, modern setting, no medieval things.

- Sexy girls: i'm a male, so i'm happy with well designed hot cute girls. I like tits, but if the girls all got huge breasts (Like Sekirei), it will appear too much unreal to me, and bother me. My preferred hair color is black, but i found appealing also pink and red/brown colors. I don't like green/orange/blue/gray color, but i don't mind light blue. I forgot to add that i like blonde hairs, but since it's usually the color given to aggressive, tsundere or rich girls, who seem too far to reach, i tend to avoid it. I'm still totally okay with it, so don't be bothered by this statement.

- No animal/human hybrids: i hate cat/dog girls, i hate elven girls with huge elven ears, but i don't mind succubus tails (like in To love Ru and R+V). Still, avoid anything not human.

- Normal Story: I would be pleased if the story is actually giving a feeling of reality. Avoid weird/abnormal stories like Seikon no Qwaser, with the male sucking milking breasts to gain energy lol. Just normal school life would be perfect. I like when there are cries and dramas, but it hasn't to be too depressing, like some not curable disease and the tragedy behind it. The tears have to come from broken love relations or things like that, but it's okay if they are caused by past life aswell. So, a romance would fit it, with of course loads of ecchi-ness and fanservice, coupled with kissing and hentai scenes aswell. The girls in the game must be over 15y, preferably 16-17y. The best period would be from the beginning of High school up to university. Once again, prefer the best 15-16-17 years.

- No mecha or post apocalyptic scenario: I hate robots or anything involving characters wearing battle suits or commanding droids in a III world war background, or post zombie epidemy background. Avoid this kind of things. Since i would like to swim in love relations with cute girls, avoid bloodfests, monsters, zombies, magic things etc, unless they are just a minimal part of the game.

- About incest and other unusual relations: I don't actually like bro/sis or bro/mom relations, since i just find them weird. On the other side, i'm okay if they aren't blood related (Like in KissxSis), thus not making it a real incest. I can still accept incest to some extent(Like in aki sora, or yosuga no sora), but it's better focusing on normal relations.

- Game age: Since i'm looking for well designed girls, a recent game would fit the best. Once again, i have a bad concept of recent and old. I consider old anything below 2002, and recent something above 2005.

To give you more hints about which animes i liked the most, you can take a look at this topic i made http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800 . Anyways, i'll copypaste the list with the animes i watched so far:
Spoiler for List Textwall:

I got Kanon at the moment, that just needs installation, since i read somewhere it's one of the best hits, but what else could ever interest me?
Old 2011-11-06, 12:46   Link #2
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Look, i'm new at this, and i think i'm pretending too much; give me any good title that could eventually slightly contain anything that could ever entertain me, even if it doesn't fit some of my requirements; i'll see myself if it's enough fitting or not, so don't worry spitting out titles.

For each title, give a description, so that i get the general idea. It doesn't contain sex scenes or stuff like that? Ok, np, i'm only asking for a minimum of a kiss at the moment. Rest is optional.

You can pick any from VN, gal game, eroge, dating sim. Thanks
Old 2011-11-06, 13:15   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Classified Info, can you read Japanese? If you can, there's a HORDE of VNs, dating sims, and eroges that can be recommended. If you only look for the ones that got English-translated, maybe this link will help:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80786
Old 2011-11-06, 13:43   Link #4
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Nope, i can't read one single fucking symbol :/ so ye, only english translated ones. Still, i don't need a list, but rather recommendations about which ones i would enjoy more, and which less, with a tight description of it. I'll try to get some info from that link, still...
Old 2011-11-06, 15:06   Link #5
hyl
reading #hikaributts

There are tons of good eroge/VN's, the hard part is getting them imported overseas.

For some suggestions, you can try to read this topic

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15025

But Little Busters is a very nice eroge/VN (there is an all ages version out there and some people are working on a translation) with school settings

edit: the game that i am currently playing might fit to your taste but the plot is silly
Renai 0 km

edit: do you know japanese? if not, the games that you can pick are more limited

more edits: a very good english translated VN/eroge would be G-Senjou no Maou
Old 2011-11-06, 15:14   Link #6
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

you could try:
Clannad(no sex scenes), Little Busters!(EX version have sex scenes)
Old 2011-11-06, 15:30   Link #7
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

G-Senjou no Maou description appeals me really much; it also got cute girls in it, totally approved.

As far as Clannad is concerned, if it's boring like the anime, i'd rather pass on it. (PS don't get me wrong, it's just that it's too much slow paced for me, and i found it boring on the long way, beside that some arcs were uselessly infinite)

Little Busters! also appeals me from some screenshots, this definitely gets on the list together with G-senjou. (Hope there is the english version DDDDD: )

Thank you for suggesting, and keep doing so ;D
Old 2011-11-07, 18:09   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I support G-Senjou no Maou, and Little Busters.

D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ - Passes the age limit, circles around school setting (practically 70% of the time). No hybrids or mecha (but there is 1 robot heroine). Non-blood related heroine sisters, with cute looking girls . Da Capo is the very definition of a normal story from my viewpoint.

Kira☆Kira - Passes the age limit, has a school setting with a musical environment included. Very slice of life indeed with no hybrids or mecha. Cute girls with a good story. If you liked Kira Kira, you should try Kira☆Kira Curtain Call as well.

Canvas 2 ~Akane Iro no Palette~ - Hmm, it's not under the age limit nor is it above the age limit (2004). Has very cute artwork towards it with cute girls included. Circles around school alot since you're a teacher and all. Good story involved with no hybrids, or mecha with a normal setting. Though the protagonist is a teacher which might lead you off this one.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo - I'm not sure about this one (it fits the age limit by the way). Not really a normal setting with what the protagonist is working towards, but it may seem normal since you have to help the cute girls towards becoming better citizens towards society. It does have school, though barely focuses on it while matching G-Senjou no Maou in terms of story (you may notice similarities). No hybrids or mecha. If you liked this and G-Senjou no Maou then I would suggest A Profile even though the character designs are slightly off.

To Heart 2 - A 2004 visual novel with cute girls included. Very decent amount of school setting included with no hybrids or mecha within it. Very normal story although the translation only goes for 4 routes.

If none of these suggestions are within your tastes. Please notify me.
Old 2011-11-07, 20:59   Link #9
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
G-Senjou no Maou description appeals me really much; it also got cute girls in it, totally approved.

As far as Clannad is concerned, if it's boring like the anime, i'd rather pass on it. (PS don't get me wrong, it's just that it's too much slow paced for me, and i found it boring on the long way, beside that some arcs were uselessly infinite)

Little Busters! also appeals me from some screenshots, this definitely gets on the list together with G-senjou. (Hope there is the english version DDDDD: )

Thank you for suggesting, and keep doing so ;D
there are a lot of good ones, but if you are only looking for translated ones, you will love G-Sen and Sharin no Kuni. I never watch the anime, but Clannad is really nice, unless you don't like really emotional stories, but I understand what you mean about the build-up length.

Both Sharin & G-Sen are from the same makers, and I recommend playing Sharin first since I find G-Sen to be better, since it's constantly exciting (but it doesn't make Sharin bad). I never did see the last chapter twist in Sharin coming, though for G-Sen I already saw it before the last chapter, but G-Sen is still better written overall. For G-Sen, it's recommended you finish the side routes in order before the main route.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:23   Link #10
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Kirakira i didnt really like that a couple of elements should of been left out entirely.

Edelweiss and edelweiss fantasia- the best game ive ever played ^^

How hard would you study if a good GPA can take you to an erotic paradise?

Kazushi Haruma and his friends are fed up with their terrible grades and even more boring school life. Just as their youthful passions were about to burst, they found out about an exchange program that promises to send the best and brightest to an all-girls school located on a remote island.

"An Island, plus women, times free reign equals sex!"

For the first time in their lives, Kazushi and his friends were excited. Utilizing their barely legal, "The Cunning" strategy, they managed to earn the ticket to their dreams and manly glory. Ambition and lust begins to fill their hearts and crotches.

"You didn't tell me about this!!!"

Lying in wait for Kazushi and his friends was an unimaginable environment and a garden of women hotter than they could imagine!

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! (Majikoi)- alot of the routes are done

Kawakami City is famous for its strong dedication to its samurai ancestors. A strong fighting spirit is always valued and it's even an important factor in succeeding in school there.

Yamato, a second year student from Kawakami Highchool is always with his close friends (4 boys and 3 girls). They have known each other since they were young and have done loads of things together. They have many other friends, but this seven people is a close-knit group, they even have a secret base where they meet...

With the new semester, they welcome two girls into their group and shortly after things start to change...

Koihime musou- one of my favs

Koihime Musou ~A Heart-Throbbing, Maidenly Romance of the Three Kingdoms~

Time travel? Are you kidding me?!
I eagerly rushed out of my dorm to try and catch a burglar who snuck into my school, but next thing I knew, I was laying in a vast, open prairie. "What the hell?!" I thought, but my amazement didn't last long before I was surrounded by a group of men armed with glistening weapons! "Leave your clothes if you value your life," they said. What era is that line from?!

I tried to resist them, but they started spouting gibberish before swinging their weapons at me. I thought, "This is it for me!" But then, a black-haired beauty appeared before me. She agilely swung her huge spear, and sent those men packing. As I respectfully thanked her, she began to name herself.

"My name is Kan'u. My Lord, may we fight together and quell these wars?"

Tears to tiaria- another one of my favs

1,200 years after the Demon King Arawn was sealed, a priest of the "Holy Empire" conspired to free him, using the young oracle Riannon as a sacrifice.

However, the appearance of Riannon's brother Arthur, striving to save his sister put his plan in peril. In the ensuing chaos, by a twist of fate, Arawn is unwittingly released by Riannon.

So begins their tale...

Old 2011-11-07, 21:33   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ah, I forgot about Edelweiss. Also, Koihime Musou may start out with a modern setting, but it quickly deviates into something resorting ancient times in China with swords/spears/etc. Tears to Tiara is generally focused around fantasy and medieval which might contradict what the original poster wanted. But he may accept them with the pretty girls

I also fully support Maji de Watashi with the 4th route on its way to being translated.
Old 2011-11-08, 06:34   Link #12
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

yeah i know but tears and koihime are so awesome that kind of thing doesnt matter lol
Old 2011-11-11, 11:37   Link #13
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

@ Matty543 and Hooves:
I think i now love you. I'll have something to do up to Xmas. Thank you for the load of titles, i will have the time to try all them out. Thank you again.

(First comes the anime watching tho, but still this will be an awesome substitue; thanks again).
Old 2011-12-04, 15:47   Link #14
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I've kinda arrived at the end of G-Senjou no Maou and wanted to share with you my opinions about it and the future eroge i'll going to play:

1) The character design is perfect, exactly how i like it. Sex scenes are totally fine and happening more than once. So, as far as graphic goes, 10.
2) What annoyed me a bit was the lack of interaction; it has been more like reading a book with 1-2 choices per chapter (That were also easy tbh). I guess it's like that that VN eroge & co work, but i expected a bit more choosing.
3) The story actually went a bit far from school. I've been impersonating some sort of yakuza kid always involved in kidnapping, murders, negotiations, fights, whatsoever. I thought it would have been lighter. Nonetheless, this game managed to pick up my interest page by page. It was just too interesting.
4) Ye, i wanted something lighter, but all the masterminds and the mindfucks in it were just loveable haha.
Spoiler for :

This was my first eroge ever, and it was pleasant. Throgout the game I made 5 different saves, each with the choice whether to pick the girl or not, so basically i have all the different substories.

I plan to finish G-Senjou no Maou within tonight, and the next to play would have been Little Busters, but i can't seem to find any place where to get the english version.
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-12-04, 19:20   Link #15
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

tah dah!!!

http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php/topic,392.0.html
Old 2011-12-04, 19:24   Link #16
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thank you

Finished watching G-Senjou no Maou and i really enjoyed it. It was unpredictable till the end, and it screwed me till the end. I don't know if what i got was the bad ending, since it was either sad and happy, but it was enjoyable.

Spoiler for About the end:

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-04 at 20:43.
Old 2011-12-08, 19:32   Link #17
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished all side stories of G-Senjou, and now i can say i loved it. It looks like that just was Haru ending, and even being bittersweet, i really liked it. When kyosuke had to say that he considered haru a bitch and an object, during his confession to the police, in order to avoid getting her behind jail, he said "It really hurts". That message really passed to me aswell. Awesome story, really. In order of preference, Haru's arc is all the way the best, with no doubts, since it's always interesting, followed by kanon's. Mizuna's arc goes last, since i found that story a bit random and leaking.

I started playing Edelweiss, but i think the art design is just not for me: too much noticeable huge round ears, round faces in general, disgusting companions, girls looking like orcs, and main heroins with short hair. The only girl i'd actually try would be the teacher. I think i'll drop it pretty much soon.

As far as Koihime is concerned, i seem to only be getting versions with bad scripted text message (Text displayed in a bad way, like this: To day iha ve to bu ysome fo od). Anyways, i watched the intro, and all the girls seem to be the same and they sadly remind me of kanon artwork. I don't like that kind of hair.

So far, G-senjou graphic was just perfect, under every aspect. It fit ALL my requirements, and i mean all. It was just how i imagined it. It was just how i thought it would have supposed to be. All the girls were just perfect. Everything going far from that graphic will therefore result into a fail.

Soon will try Canvas 2.

PS:
If you have other titles to suggest, let me know. I will make it clear now: they must be fully english translated. I will indeed avoid games that are only partially translated, covering just few routes. Just know that i loved G-senjou.

EDIT
Started playing Canvas 2, and it actually fits the idea i had of VN. It get prompted many times with choices, the art design is totally okay, and is lighter than G-senjou. Totally the kind of game i was looking for. If you know any other like Canvas 2, let me know. Perhaps, canvas 3 might be a good choice aswell in the future, am i right? I acknowledged that i cannot be picky on this matter, since there are already very few english translated VNs, so anything fully translated in english (Even if fan translated) is okay, as long as you list them, and say which are, under everyone's pov, the best ones. Thanks again for suggesting.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-09 at 16:03.
Old 2011-12-10, 12:07   Link #18
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sorry for the 3 post (free bump D: )

I just finished Canvas 2. Actually i went straight from the beginning for Kiri, and i loved it. I truly loved it. I don't think i'll ever find something better than this, taking into account how few titles are there, that are fully translated to english. Ok so, here we go:

1) The graphic is exactly how i like it (G-senjou had a better graphic, yes, but this is the graphic i like. This is the art design of animes that i love), the girls are all cute (Except that red haired girl who looks like a kid and doesn't move me much). The sex scenes were way more worked in G-senkou, but after all the story behind it, it was totally fucking good.

2) The story: at the beginning i wasn't much excited, since i started out as a teacher; however, it didn't give exactly the feeling of being a teacher, considerin the protagonist is in his early twenties, like me afterall, so i guess he's like 24-25 old. Also, 4/5 girls are still at school, and the childhood friend is as old as me. This was something really easily bearable for me. I wouldn't have liked it if i started out as a 40 years old dude. The story itself was way lighter than G-senjou, and it gave more the feeling of reality (You don't happen to often be a yakuza viceboss with a devil as a brother). It was perfect. It also gave me many feelings, since it was only oriented towards it, beside that the protagonist was more likeable, under my pov, than kyosuke from G-senjou (since the latter often acted cold and as a dick towards girl's feelings). Kiri ending was how i had thought it to be, and i was really pleased with that.

3) Gameplay: way better, under my pov, than G-senjou, since i was prompted way more often with choices to make. G-senjou was more like reading a book and selecting one out of two options from chapter to chapter. Also, what made me fall in love with this game was probably that sad song playing during drama moments. I don't think something else would have fit more than that track.

If there were other titles like Canvas 2 out there, let me know. It currently surpasses G-senjou, as far as what i was looking for is concerned. I have to admit, on the other side, that G-senjou was an overall better story, considering all the mindfucking plot Deathnote-like. Still, i was looking for something that reminded me school days and such, or in general a love relation between a boy and a girl. Canvas was perfect under this point of view, since it contained lots of drama, but it wasn't that kind of depressing drama (Like person who got wrecked and is now in coma, or mutilated, or hospitalized for any reason, or dead). Let's call it a light drama, but still full of emotions. That is the drama i can bear.

Now, i still have to complete other 4 girls routes (I'm actually halfway with the blonde sister route), so i may have to spend some more time on it, but meanwhile would you bother giving me other titles? Even if you just give me a list, naming the best titles according to you/everyone. I started liking this kind of game, since they give me more control on the story rather than animes (no matter how predictable they are).

If i had to give a vote, Canvas currently covers 10/10, followed by G-Senjou with 9.5. I currently came across these two names, but i don't know if they got translated in english and if they would fit:

Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Crescendo
Closed Thread