AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 18:38   Link #2441
InfinityDragonGod

So does that mean the Beast created the abilities...
Spoiler for Disaster Armor Abilities:

This whole time I thought the first one came from The Destiny and the second one came from Star Caster.

Last edited by InfinityDragonGod; 2013-08-19 at 18:46. Reason: I was trying to ask a question.
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 20:36   Link #2442
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler for Reply:
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 20:18   Link #2443
rickiminato

what is the fluctuating light or something else?

how powerfull are the divine beast?
Old 2013-08-20, 21:08   Link #2444
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The Fluctuating Light is an Enhanced Armament, the seventh and last member of the Seven Arcs. Its form and abilities are unknown. For a brief description of its appearance, see the V7 summary in my signature; spoilers beware.

The Divine Beasts (previously translated as Four Gods) are the strongest Enemy class in Accel World, many times stronger than the Legendary Enemy class. And a King already will have trouble defeating a Legendary Enemy.
Old 2013-08-21, 11:55   Link #2445
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Just picked up the newest volume of SAO and found that the next AW novel volume 15 is coming out on Oct.10th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Spoiler for reply:

In any case, I'm waiting for Tap to give a better translation than mine.

Edit: I completed my translation of the full post. Again, let me warn you that my Japanese is still very bad, and without a dictionary I can't do very much. The source link is from lightnovel.cn here, posted by reekilynn.

Sunder...good spoiler, because the White King doesn't actually show up. But since it's so far ahead of the current translations, you can still choose to not read it.
Provisional Translation: AW15 Summary
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Tusjecht comments:
Tap updated with an accurate translation. Link to BT forums here.
Thank you for the info and translation, Tri-ring and Tusjecht.

Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-08-21, 18:15   Link #2446
tuckersister

Pretty sure the final opponent is White Cosmos.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:09   Link #2447
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's now all over the Internet that AW and SAO have been licensed by Yen Press, following which English translations will be released and cease-and-desist orders for the BT translations will be taken down.

My response: ......

You want me to delete my hard work just like that? No...just no.

I'll be continuing V11 translations on my blog, likely.

For the moment I'll be following Tap's take on this and continue translating until I get a notice of some kind.

In the meantime, it's business as usual.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-08-23 at 21:22.
Old 2013-08-24, 22:11   Link #2448
akonx

And now what? Thats mine that we never gonna now or read the final of accel world?
akonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:40   Link #2449
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Could you rephrase that into something clearer.

I will still translate until told otherwise. As for V12, I probably will have to translate and upload elsewhere, most likely my blog. The Chinese Wiki translation is still okay, but I'll leave V3.10 to Yen Press.

(Though I might pick up V10.2, the Okinawan Side Story...)

Ah, and I'm interested to translate the AW manga too. Riceballicious hasn't updated since February, and the Chinese copies go up to 17: covering the Chrome Disaster arc.

That, and Dural Magisa Garden is still being translated by Tap. I can give spoilers up to Chapter 11, Spirit Link as well.
Old 2013-08-24, 22:44   Link #2450
Chimurry

By the time Yen Press get to V15 (assuming they get there and not stall forever on vol2 or 3) will take almost 3 years at least.... -_-

btw: I personally like, as customary habit, show some respect to the translators whom publish first on their blogs, you know number of visits and stuff like that, so if you kindly keep the pace i will surely keep follow and asp I will get buy LNs from Yen press when i can due my traveling routes made kind of hard finding shipping and affordable company when I not in US.

EDIT: @Tusjecht: You know if there some kind of trouble with Riceballs people?, I mean lack of people, RL issues or more like lacking raws??, cuz I should probably known someone interested, I think...
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:46   Link #2451
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Fair enough. For reference, my TL blog is in my signature.

(Though I need the help of Tap to make it into something more presentable.) >_<

If it ever comes to that, then I'll also release translation updates via Twitter as well.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:54   Link #2452
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Well, for one I'm glad but I am also saddened by the fact that it will probably take a long time before the AW LNs are localized in my country as well, meaning I'll have to spend a while being unable to read info on one of my favourite series (despite all of the contradictions and random bs)
Optimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 02:31   Link #2453
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimura View Post
Well, for one I'm glad but I am also saddened by the fact that it will probably take a long time before the AW LNs are localized in my country as well, meaning I'll have to spend a while being unable to read info on one of my favourite series (despite all of the contradictions and random bs)
You could order online. In any case, we should show our support by buying them.

Thank you to all the fan translators who worked on AW. We truly appreciate for all you have done to allow us to read AW.
Old 2013-08-29, 12:56   Link #2454
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Translation lineup

(Super long post ahead.)

Now that I've cooled down from YP's licensing thing (having four days of outfield training helps too), I'm ready to put down a schedule on how translation will go from now.

I'm not in constant contact with Teh Ping, so I don't know when and for what reason will the AW entries be pulled off Baka Tsuki, so I'm just going to assume they will in the near future. Again, I recommend that the regulars save a text copy with credits to the translator who did it: see the Registration Page for who did what. Seeing as even Xplorer30 is going to give up on this, I and Superior Superboy will probably by giving out as much V11 as we can the next few months. The side story 'Black Twin Swords, Twin Silver Wings' has already been fully translated by Breakdown16, and his V8 is scattered between his laptop and whatever he's been using in the meantime; if he's not uploading it, I'll (try my best) to convince him to release a copy with credits and I'll see where can it go.

The side story 'Traces Of Prominence' is barely touched; I remember there's a summary 'round here somewhere. Until V11 is completed, no progress will be made on it first.

Now for the non-licensed stuff:

Accel World Manga: I heard Riceballicious has more or less dropped the project, so armed with Chinese volumes up to 17, the end of the Chrome Disaster arc, I'm now just looking for cleaners and typesetters.

Dural Magisa Garden: Tap is still translating it. No problems other than a very overworked typesetter/cleaner.

Chinese AW Wiki: Still ongoing, I believe I still have Fuuko, Utai, Akira, and Graphite Edge to go to round off NN's section. To be continued.

Any other translation-related queries, direct them to me and I'll answer asap. Otherwise, I expect interest in AW to pick up once the English dub finishes / English LNs get released / pigs start flying something on a divine scale rescues this series. I've not heard of anyone else serious enough to rush the work before YP catches up...so if I may dare boldly claim, I'm the only one left who is serious about finishing translation of AW at this point. :/

Not a good sign, really, but not like everyone looks past the first image of AW as a fat kid who flies in a game...reality sucks, there's bittersweet moments like these too, but the high points are when guys like you appreciate the team's work.

Now for a roll call:
Project Supervisor
Xplorer30

Translators, Past and Present

V1
Sniper0432
Sharramon
Jinxiang
Xplorer30

V2&3&6
Xplorer30

V4-5
Eternal Dreamer

V7
Kai Ding (aka Mixed Milkshake)

V8 & SS1
Breakdown16

V10
Lan013

V12 (Sky Blue Wings)
Kirandra

Last but not least:
V11
Tusjecht

I won't regret signing on to translate Accel World. As my first project, it taught me quite a bit on how to manage my time and brush up my second language as well. I hope to be able to take on new series to translate as well, so you might find me lurking in the recommendations threads in AS as well, or recruitment threads in scanlation sites...teehee.

I'll be back another time; it's 1.50am now and I still have in-camp training tomorrow. (><)

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-08-29 at 12:59. Reason: Forgot that there's an official manga.
Old 2013-08-29, 21:40   Link #2455
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

First of all I would like to say... Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you guys who've been translating Accel World. As a reader, personal fan of the series, and as a writer.

As a reader, for slowly but surely delivering chapters. I must admit that Reki isn't exactly the best out there in both terms of consistency or writing style, really, but there are times when he does deliver, and reading those scenes made the ride worthwhile. It adds both a new layer of depth to what was seen in the anime, and at the same time allowed me to pick up from where the last episode left off without having to hope for a second season.

As a writer, for getting me out of that block I had been under lately and letting me go back to imagining cool fights. Not for the sake of self inserting or pairing my super mega kawaii uguu OC with KYH, but simply because the idea of a high-speed battle tournament with fighters whose skills and affinities are based on their inner desires is too tempting to pass it up. In fact, I find the battle scenes to be the most interesting part of the LNs

And finally, as a personal fan of the series. I know Accel World isn't that great as a series. It's full of flaws everywhere for me. Silver Crow stealing all the spotlight, harem antics instead of shounen tournaments, half of its contents being forgettable, the overextending of the Dusk Taker arc. But I ended up realizing that while I noticed all these flaws, a part of me was too busy recreating the few good scenes in my mind again and again.

Accel World is like one of those games that aren't that good in any aspect, yet you still end up playing because hell, it's fun. That, and I somehow ended up sympathizing with Haruyuki from the beginning. I always see him getting bashed pretty badly, yet for some reason all I can think is that it's only natural he'd turn out the way he is, so he's okay with me.

All I can say is that I have mixed feelings about this, yet my gratitude towards AW translators will remain for the reasons stated above and the fact that they did it all for free. Only thing I regret is being unable to make this post longer and thinking that maybe I became too much of a fanboy for my own tastes due to this. This'll surely come to bite me back in the ass, but for the time being I just want to give you all my heartfelt thanks.
Old 2013-08-31, 10:25   Link #2456
Miraluka
Banned

I salute you sir.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:14   Link #2457
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Just to merge my posts:
Spoiler for Originally posted by Tus, 1/9/13, 0145:

Just to repeat the message, don't archive V11 yet.

Now onto what I wanted to post: summary of the missing text, as well as V11.5.

The missing text comes between "A member of the Acceleration Research Society.

(missing text)

Regrettably, there was only one thing left to do - to never attract the suspicions of Argon ever again."

Summarising:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for V11.5 Summary:

Spoiler for Tus comments:

I'm off to fix V11.2 and check V11.1 and 11.3, before resuming V11.4.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:29   Link #2458
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Silver and white.

Reki keeps sending curveball after curveball. Well, I'll just patiently wait for more information then :3
Old 2013-09-01, 05:03   Link #2459
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Some more notes gleaned from the volume:

-Metatron was lured from Contrary Cathedral, not Country as previously thought.

-Utai had two older brothers, one nine years and one four years older. The younger of the two is Mirror Masker. She herself has never seen any other half-metal, half-coloured avatars.

-(To be confirmed later) Masker was a Perfect Match avatar; his controller was an actor IRL.

-(Confirmed) Haruyuki learns and further refines KYH's Soft Act skill into a new skill, 'Guard Reversal.' Details to follow.
Old 2013-09-01, 12:13   Link #2460
InfinityDragonGod

What does Perfect Match avatar mean?
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality