AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-16, 11:35   Link #2781
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I'm probably doing something wrong because to me the two mechs seem completely different, except for the fact that they're both huge mechs.

Solar Aquarion from Genesis (toy version because I don't have any screencaps at hand)

Aquarion Evol from Evol

Mithra Gnis (btw, I can't check atm but the controls in Altair's mechs seem similar to those in Touma's and Otoha's Cherubims)

(Btw, in both Genesis and Evol Aquarion was designed by Kawamori Shouji. According to the mech designer who posted in this thread long long ago, Mithra Gnis was designed by Stanislas Brunet.)
it is possible for something to be simmiler to another if some one seen it in a vision or unknownly went along with simmiler steps to build it or found some rekage of something or just coincedends
or someone amond the abducters could be a shadow angel
and wasnt the origanal aquarion a product of a angel

i still think its a dog due to the tail and that it was howling and the shap of the body is more k9 like
ova i belive

series

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-03-16 at 12:39.
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:46   Link #2782
Zuul

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I was half joking there.
Backing serious, I can't see Mikono betraying his country (not saying Amata), willingly I mean. And neither half willingly. The only girl who half did that, hasn't had such a great of approval. (green self-awareness hair ... )
And mentioning the Amata mama complex, mmm, this should mean that Mikono would leave Amata as his mother did, from bad to worst for her role in term of ratings, I'd say.
So far the only way Mikono will, because she will, I agree with you on this, go on Altair side, is blackmailing her in some ways, don't know how. Or kidnapping her. As many posters has already foreshadowed.
From the other side I can't see Amata saying: ops, they got her, or, ops she's gone, Zessica do you know that you are really cute?!
And more, Amata will do/try to do what he wasn't able to do with his mother, not being able to save her, because now he has some power. Not full power, not yet

Obviously I don't know how to fit this with the Aquarion universes, so all this theory works if I don't put our Aquarion glasses on. Clearly with the glasses on everything could be possible. And this is what I'm fearing a bit ahaha
First I don't think joining the Kagura/Mykage team is the equivalent of joining Altea, because I think Altea and Vega will eventually team up against the gay angel.

Secondly, a good reason for Mikono to leave with Kagura would be, if she's indeed Sylvie's reincarnation and if she's made to remember her past, her promise of waiting for Appollon 12000 years. If she's a decent girl, she should respect this promise even if it means leaving her brother and Amata whom she probably has feelings for. Considering she felt like apologizing to him, Kagura could also guilt trip her somehow.

I don't think Amata is going to immediatelly jump Zessica, but that would at least give her a chance.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:03   Link #2783
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
First I don't think joining the Kagura/Mykage team is the equivalent of joining Altea, because I think Altea and Vega will eventually team up against the gay angel.

Secondly, a good reason for Mikono to leave with Kagura would be, if she's indeed Sylvie's reincarnation and if she's made to remember her past, her promise of waiting for Appollon 12000 years. If she's a decent girl, she should respect this promise even if it means leaving her brother and Amata whom she probably has feelings for. Considering she felt like apologizing to him, Kagura could also guilt trip her somehow.

I don't think Amata is going to immediatelly jump Zessica, but that would at least give her a chance.
i mostly agree with u
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:04   Link #2784
cyberdemon

Quote:

I'm more likely willing to bet Mikage will mess with her mind to strengthen that feeling of guilt she has towards Kagura. She hasn't shown any inclination towards wanting to leave with Kagura, just apologize. When people are overwhelmed with guilt it makes them very easy to manipulate and do as the one that they feel guilt for wants. They likely showed that Mikage has that power for a reason.
Old 2012-03-16, 13:20   Link #2785
pingva

Everyone here is talking about abduction by Kagura and the funniest thing is that he can't take Mikono to Altair. If Kagura is going back to Altair he has only three options:
  • prison
  • killed by Altair military
  • saved by Mykage from Altair military and sent back to Vega, because that's where is Aquarion of Genesis and forbidden lover

Cayenne's vision clearly shows that Mikono would die if she would try to go to Altair(a hint that she isn't Eve).
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:28   Link #2786
miketyson

Not to mention that up to this point taking a woman to Altair is somewhere between the death penalty and "life in (a watery) prison" for the woman. Sure, the true eve ought to survive the trip, but she's the exception, not the rule.

Between pingva's concerns and the difficulty of transporting women to Altair I'm pretty curious to see how exactly the story *does* bring the action to Altair (if it ever does, but I assume it will).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:53   Link #2787
kuromitsu

Quote:
Secondly, a good reason for Mikono to leave with Kagura would be, if she's indeed Sylvie's reincarnation and if she's made to remember her past, her promise of waiting for Appollon 12000 years. If she's a decent girl, she should respect this promise even if it means leaving her brother and Amata whom she probably has feelings for.
Whoa, whoa. Being a "decent girl" has nothing to do with this - at least I think one can be a perfectly decent girl without leaving her homeworld and her loved ones because of a promise her previous incarnation made 12000 years ago to someone who was clearly not the same person as his most recent incarnation (supposing that you're right about the reincarnatinons), that happens to be a self-centered, violent, unpredictable guy who constantly calls her his bitch.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:21   Link #2788
Arya

Quote:

For the Altea - Kagura/Mykage thing, I was referring to the latter, obviously.
About your reason, it is exactly what *using the Aquarion glasses* means to me. I mean, I can't see your reason. Even if I know where that comes from. And writers are doing their best to not make it likable nor tangible. On the contrary, I'd say. But this is one of the things that make this show so enjoyable to me, the fact that I can't say if I'm running against the odds, or not.

Anyways, you would address Mikono indecent if she didn't respect an old promise to someone whose best words to address her are bitch (or whatever) or I kill you? I'd have used something different surely, like, mmm, smart?

For the problems related to the transport of women to Altea, I'm not so convinced, I think it is a Mykage's machination, so sooner or later that problem will be solved.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:46   Link #2789
wisteria233

Quote:

Correction, if Mikono is a decent girl she wouldn't go with Kagura even for that promise, because 1. he's abusive and 2. he's under someone else's control. Instead a good woman would have reservations about joining him, and would seek to free him from the control of Mykage, who plans are likely to get her killed anyway.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 16:09   Link #2790
kuromitsu

Re: "Aquarion glasses" - I think some people's Aquarion glasses made them develop a sort of fannish myopia. That is, because they know Genesis and the OVAs so well they assume that everyone else must also know them, or at least care about them.

But Genesis aired in 2005 (that's 7 years ago, guys!). Pretty much the only thing most people remember about it is the theme song, plus mecha enthusiasts liked the mechs and pachinko enthusiasts the pachinko version. Which means that the overwhelming majority of the viewers of Evol have either no idea, or only some vague memories as to who Apollo, Silvia, Sirius, Reika, etc. are, or what happened in Genesis, never mind the OVAs. Making Evol dependent on Genesis would be pretty much a commercial suicide. Just imagine the big reincarnation reveals, the viewers would be like "wtf, who are these characters and why should we care about them?"

Which is why we have "Apollon & Sylphie" instead of Apollo and Silvia, some vague allusions about the end of Genesis, and all other ties are basically treated as a wink to fans. So far Evol stands on its own, and I'm pretty sure that when the big revelations come they will be handled in a way that Evol can continue to stand on its own and no knowledge of Genesis will be needed to understand it.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-16 at 16:20.
Old 2012-03-16, 16:18   Link #2791
Zuul

In my case, it's not Genesis myopia. I just love NTR, and I'll cream my pants at Amata's bitter cries of betrayal and abandonment. I'm as rotten as Mykage.XD

I also love good drama with tragic endings, deaths and yada yada. Something that KaguraxMikono with all the bad omens can provide me.

And as a villaintard, I just want the villains to win over the good guy even if temporary.
Old 2012-03-16, 16:21   Link #2792
kuromitsu

Oh yeah, and the shipping myopia. But I guess that's present in every fandom.

Can we just, I dunno, stop with the bashing? At least?
Old 2012-03-16, 16:24   Link #2793
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Oh yeah, and the shipping myopia. But I guess that's present in every fandom.

Can we just, I dunno, stop with the bashing? At least?
Where is the bashing ?

I didn't criticize anything.
Old 2012-03-16, 16:43   Link #2794
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I know that you don't need to watch Genesis to understand what's going on but just out of curiosity, how much does it increase your enjoyment of Evol? I mean I just watched the first episode of Genesis and frankly, I didn't really like it. Is it worth it?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 16:47   Link #2795
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post

i agree with this. kagura really does seem like a wild animal. we got to know more of apollonius's character in the OVA and he was kind as well. i think amata does resemble that apollonius. but you know if amata were apollonius/apollo mikage would take more interest in him.
Actually this also a trait with Apollo as, Apollo wasn't gruff 24/7, especially in the latter episodes of Aquarion (especially to Silvia) he was understanding character who wasn't very judgmental of other people, but he was still rude to some characters. But even then it was pretty consistent that he was mostly rude to characters who looked down on him (like Sirius and Silvia in the earlier episodes) but once they treated him like a normal person, or got off their high horses he'd treat them better. Silvia was the one on the most receiving end of this, as Apollo became pretty supportive towards her during the latter episodes.

Remember Apollo was against killing Futaba because he was a child and instead opted to smack him (with Mugen Smack). And in the OAD Apollo wasn't a jerk at all (he only captured Reika and Silvia because he was protecting the forest).

So Amata and his kindness also resemble Apollo, especially in the way he treats Mikono who isn't looking down on him, but Kagura in this area doesn't resemble Apollo at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I know that you don't need to watch Genesis to understand what's going on but just out of curiosity, how much does it increase your enjoyment of Evol? I mean I just watched the first episode of Genesis and frankly, I didn't really like it. Is it worth it?
Well it doesn't really increase it, and so far its only had the effect of making people who've seen it use the events (or skewed the events) to make up and support their theories.
Old 2012-03-16, 17:09   Link #2796
pingva

@wisteria233

We don't know how Kagura would talk with Mikono since no one even lets them to talk(since dude uses rude language, that kill talk was his 'I love you'), with Amata he had only few lines, the longest talk with the other planet's specimen was with Shrade(and they both are obsessed - one with Aquarion, the other with his lover). Kagura has constant contact only with Izumo, Mykage, Jin: obviously he doesn't like authorities, but seems that with Jin he has let's say normal relationship in Kagura's case.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 17:42   Link #2797
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
@wisteria233

We don't know how Kagura would talk with Mikono since no one even lets them to talk(since dude uses rude language, that kill talk was his 'I love you'), with Amata he had only few lines, the longest talk with the other planet's specimen was with Shrade(and they both are obsessed - one with Aquarion, the other with his lover). Kagura has constant contact only with Izumo, Mykage, Jin: obviously he doesn't like authorities, but seems that with Jin he has let's say normal relationship in Kagura's case.
That's just it though, Apollo had gone saying that he would kill Silvia, because he "loved" her.
Old 2012-03-16, 17:49   Link #2798
kuromitsu

Well, we know how Kagura talks to Mikono. "COME OUT OF THERE, BITCH" "I'M GONNA SINK MY FANGS INTO YOU, BITCH" "GET OVER HERE, BITCH" etcetera... ^^;; and of course the "you stink" and "stinky but sweet" at the tower.

But he's yet to have an actual conversation with anyone except for Jin and I guess Izumo... though even those weren't real conversations.

(Kagura's speech is funny because he uses such a simple, if, as Kaji Yuuki noted, very violent language. I wonder what he would be like in an actual conversation, maybe he has an exetnsive, if passive vocabulary...)
Old 2012-03-16, 18:33   Link #2799
mayumi

you need a word like "sit boy" to calm him down
i really hope zessica doesn't start thinking about kagura like mikono and amata have been moping about this episode. 2 of them moping was more than enough we don't need to add zessica in that aswell.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 18:48   Link #2800
ZetaAEUG

I suspect kagura to lose to one of the aquarion vectors, then be taken to an infirmary in vega. There mikono will nurse him back to health or visit him, something like that. Either way, I expect him to join the 'good' side just like Jin did a little while ago. I saw some of the episode titles somewhere, I believe episode 14 or 15 is "beastly love" or something to that effect, so there's no doubt we'll see some development of kagura and mikono's relationship in the near future.

Which brings me to wonder how they'll transition the MC being amata to kagura, if at all. However I do expect Kagura to settle down and act less like an animal when he spends some time with mikono, zessica and the others.
ZetaAEUG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction