AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-14, 19:03   Link #301
Echizen777

I don't see what's the problem here, he just advised not to read what's in the spoiler tags, it's not like he is against posting spoilers, as long as the spoiler tags are used.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 19:29   Link #302
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Still, I wouldn't recommend to open that spoiler tag from Exether to anyone who haven't read volume 5. While seriously twisted, that's still partially spoiler. I won't say which part is, but don't open it either way, that's for the best, trust me on that one.
This, Echizen777, seriously looks like he didn't want us to pick on spoilers, no matter what, unless we were to read Vol05. Whereas it may be a good advise, it still sounded like he didn't want us to know whatever we wanted from that volume even if we weren't to go read it.
As I stated before, while it's true that certain spoilers may have the need for the whole context to make full sense, it won't stop people from wanting to know, it's curiosity at it's worst. And yes, I tend to be curious to a fault...
I think people, whether would they go read the volume or not, have the right to seek spoilers if they exist. And, I stress, this is me speaking.

Also, when the Anime ends (supposedly around the end of Vol02) and people's interest skyrockets, will Zefyris leave them hanging or at the mercy of trolls or fake spoilers, fueling then possible misunderstandings? I think that'll simply make matters worse...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 19:48   Link #303
Izumo
Banned

Ok so in the end someone can explain what is really happening on vol 5? someone who has no problem leaking information on spoilers?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:29   Link #304
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
This, Echizen777, seriously looks like he didn't want us to pick on spoilers, no matter what, unless we were to read Vol05. Whereas it may be a good advise, it still sounded like he didn't want us to know whatever we wanted from that volume even if we weren't to go read it.
As I stated before, while it's true that certain spoilers may have the need for the whole context to make full sense, it won't stop people from wanting to know, it's curiosity at it's worst. And yes, I tend to be curious to a fault...
I think people, whether would they go read the volume or not, have the right to seek spoilers if they exist. And, I stress, this is me speaking.

Also, when the Anime ends (supposedly around the end of Vol02) and people's interest skyrockets, will Zefyris leave them hanging or at the mercy of trolls or fake spoilers, fueling then possible misunderstandings? I think that'll simply make matters worse...
Well, it's an advice, no one here has to follow it, it can ruin the enjoyment and cause confusion as it's a mystery series with a lot of twists. As long as discussions are spoiler tagged there is no problem, but in the end, only the ones who read it can give clear answers and they don't have the obligation to do so.
Old 2015-07-15, 02:09   Link #305
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Spoiler for Questions about unconfirmed info for vol 5:
Spoiler for vol 5 very spoiler spoiler:

Volume 5 is definitely worth going in blind, but unfortunately you can't stop the Internet.

Last edited by versionf; 2015-07-15 at 14:46. Reason: kk
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 04:09   Link #306
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Zefyris, people should have the right to decide if they want to be spoiled or not.
I understand you want others to be as amazed and surprised about things as you seem to have been when reading the LNs, but that should be each one's call.
Like you said, spoilers will surely start popping up like mad, even if they may be true or not, and you know that for many people, curiosity ends up winning the fight. Just let the flow go...
Yes and since you don't know the actual content of the spoiler without reading it, yo ucan also regret. All I said here is "if you read that, you'll probably regret it so my advice is to not do it". If someone still wants to click on that spoiler, I obviously can't stop him, no matter how I'm convinced that this isn't the right choice.

As I explained in the anime thread, the responsibility coming along with giving spoiler has a huge part in me not giving them. As for the precise case of RnY and especially of the main event of the 5th volume, I don't think those are spoilers that you should pursue. By the end of the anime, the translation will be already in the 5th volume. There is no reason to try and destroy your own fun. There are spoilers that can make you want to know more, I agree. Like,Wait, how can this turn like that? or something. And there are spoiler that break your wish to do it. My personal advice is, spoilers about the 5th volume are mostly of the second kind, because the whole point is to have it in order. If you miss the previous steps and go for the last one, that won't work. One of the reason why the spoilers that were found by Exeter were messed up is because this is probably second hand spoilers : in other words, peoples who got the proper spoilers were confused about them, and were therefore unable to give them back to someone else properly. Thinking of it like that, that doesn't surprise me.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2015-07-15 at 05:00.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 06:58   Link #307
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post

Volume 5 is definitely worth going in blind, but unfortunately you can't stop the Internet.
Well I'm hyped.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 07:03   Link #308
RDNexus

Well... And what about those without time or interest to read the LNs and still wanna know stuff about it?
I'm within the first case...
Old 2015-07-15, 07:07   Link #309
Iron Maw
Banned

I don't see why you can't get spoilers if you ask politely.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 07:18   Link #310
Echizen777

Quote:
Well... And what about those without time or interest to read the LNs and still wanna know stuff about it?
I'm within the first case...
You can either read or ask about it, it's up to the JP readers to decide if they want to reveal what happens or not, too bad for you if they don't want to. Though I wonder why you would be so interested since you don't even read it in the first place.
Old 2015-07-15, 07:22   Link #311
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Feels like a Streisand effect in this thread. I originally had no interest in this LN, but this whole refusal to give spoilers made me search even more for spoilers when I would ordinarily have even less interest in it.

Spoiler for Don't Open:

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 07:49   Link #312
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
You can either read or ask about it, it's up to the JP readers to decide if they want to reveal what happens or not, too bad for you if they don't want to. Though I wonder why you would be so interested since you don't even read it in the first place.
Well, when there are interesting things that get my curiosity, I end up asking around.
And despite not reading an LN series, when it gets an adaption my curiosity increases...
Old 2015-07-15, 08:05   Link #313
Exether

Quote:

1. Seriously? Why do I have the feeling that I'm being trolled on my first question I guess I'll have to wait for the book to explain that part if it's actually true...

And yes, some people like going blind, but for me it usually works the other way, knowing a few things here and there ahead of the entire story just makes me more anxious about reading it. So when I'm buying a book I read some fragments close to the end and in the middle... I guess I'm sort of a masochist when it comes to spoilers

Last edited by Exether; 2015-07-15 at 08:49.
Exether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 08:55   Link #314
raruku

This is just an information from other people I can't completely trust but...

Spoiler for You have a choice to not push this button, also VN 5 spoiler:

Last edited by raruku; 2015-07-15 at 10:49.
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 09:31   Link #315
Breimn

You may want to put vol 5 spoiler in spoiler reason , but aniway spoiler is true.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 10:49   Link #316
raruku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
You may want to put vol 5 spoiler in spoiler reason , but aniway spoiler is true.

Will do.

Thanks for the confirmation.
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 11:06   Link #317
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Feels like a Streisand effect in this thread. I originally had no interest in this LN, but this whole refusal to give spoilers made me search even more for spoilers when I would ordinarily have even less interest in it.

Spoiler for Don't Open:
I must say, this feels entirely accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raruku View Post
This is just an information from other people I can't completely trust but...

Spoiler for You have a choice to not push this button, also VN 5 spoiler:
You know, for those who were really desperate, I'm pretty sure that spoiler was already posted on the /a/ thread. Though, I recognize an unwillingness to go there. The trolling is hard, and they talk about rape and dog penises entirely too much.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 15:08   Link #318
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Just the fact that the seventh is supposed to be revealed in volume 5 is all I need to make sure I go in blind and fully hyped.
Old 2015-07-15, 15:35   Link #319
Izumo
Banned

After all that from vol 5 and some legit info from other places all what I can say is...I hate how the author makes Fremy suffer so much, seriously is like he hates her for some reason.

She deserves to be happy.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 15:48   Link #320
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
After all that from vol 5 and some legit info from other places all what I can say is...I hate how the author makes Fremy suffer so much, seriously is like he hates her for some reason.

She deserves to be happy.
I would think that what makes it worst is

Spoiler for Vol 5:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a painful ride. Who knows who'll end up alive at the end.

I'm also wondering how many more volumes can the author make out of this story. Surprisingly the first 4 volumes together cover about 2 weeks give or take a couple of days if I'm not mistaken (Has someone made the math of the days?). And I know they have a limited amount of time before the Majin fully awakens (I think less than a month).