AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-14, 12:49   Link #5341
WingedAccelerator

Unconfirmed if it's really the secret project, but the manga will have a complete colored edition as well. Volume 1 in color is slated for April.

The character books were already a disappointment, but it made money for 0 effort. I have to legitimately ask, what are they thinking here? All of the volumes are above 600k. Huge, really huge number for the genre and demographic. I don't want to underestimate the loyal fans, but who would buy the whole thing all over knowing the outcome, just because it's in color? The two-page speads are victims of the spine of the volume. It's like the publisher realized way too-late that they are not gonna get anything big compared to 5toubun in the next 3-5 years, so they are desperate to keep it relevant till the year at least with this.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 14:19   Link #5342
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Because the fans can have their favorite quint in full color? Its not like they have to buy it all.
Itsuki fans can purchase volumes with good Itsuki moment, so do with each of Nino, Yotsuba, Ichika and Miku fans.

I'm quite sure Miku fans have no issue purchasing it until at least Kyoto arc, that alone should contribute enough to overall sales.
Old 2020-02-14, 15:26   Link #5343
WingedAccelerator

Yotsuba supporters pretty much only need to buy Volume 5 and 11, then wait for the last two. Still not worth it in my opinion, even if the increased cost won't be that much because of the color. Even Miku suppporter only would need to buy 4-5 volumes for their greatest moments, not the double amount till Kyoto. Itsuki supporters would be reminded that it was over for her in Chapter 7.

I also remember that Negi didn't allow more figurines to be made after the Miku one, even though an Ichika-Miku one based on the color page of Chapter 18 was slated to come out as well. Now, Negi gave permission for that, and also everyone will be made as well individually, starting with Ichika and Nino. A Miku nendroid is also in the works. Further proving that 5toubun will be milked dry while they still can.
Old 2020-02-14, 15:59   Link #5344
rulfo

Gotta milk those Yens.
Old 2020-02-15, 03:47   Link #5345
WingedAccelerator

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...97805628850176
Unconfirmed news about S2, if anyone cares.

You thought Tezuka was a letdown...
Old 2020-02-15, 04:36   Link #5346
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Bibury from TezukaPro. Welp.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 10:02   Link #5347
WingedAccelerator

The korean scans are out for the last chapter.

*Surprise* *Surprise*
Shit ending.
The BK is Yotsuba, and Itsuki was also involved. From the looks of it, it was also a recognition plan, Itsuki offered Yotsuba the chance and go for it instead of her or something like that. I can't even imagine a bigger middle finger to the Itsuki supporters and all of the others in general. Now this is truly disgusting.

Thanks Negi, I officially hate Itsuki if my guess is correct.
"Miku, you are in love with Uesugi-san?!"
"Yotsuba, quickly kiss him under the bell, while the others are leaving! Only you should win, screw Miku and the others!"
Old 2020-02-15, 10:06   Link #5348
devil_slayer

Yotsuba is the bell kisser, it seems like Fuutarou also out that she's the girl he meet over 10 years ago?

Did they invade their honeymoon btw? And after 5 years the other sisters are still not over him LMAO.
Good to know Fuutarou has 4 BACK UP PLANS if he ever gets bored of Yotsuba.

@WingedAccelerator stop being salty about Itsuki, she's team Yotsuba to the bones kek.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 10:19   Link #5349

Garbage chapter and a fitting end for a garbage manga.
And to think once we thought it was something more than a generic, shitty harem.

Great job, Fagtarou! Nino had to wait 5 years to get closure. Amazing.
And the bracelet is still unexplained. I guess he thought it's fitting to put on Nino's memento after 5 years while getting married to another woman.

I'm so happy I don't have to care about this trash anymore. Her fans care more about Nino than Negi ever did.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 10:20   Link #5350
WingedAccelerator

^^You say that as if it's a regular thing. I just started getting salty for a valid reason.

This piece of shit what Negi has written is beyond atrocious after "Teehee, I was in love with him all along as well, but I fold because I can't win now". How noble of Itsuki. How nice of her to just decide that only Yotsuba is a fitting choice for Fuutarou, so let's manipulate the competition in the background in her favor. Let's shit on everyone else.
Old 2020-02-15, 10:20   Link #5351
Endless_Despair

Still not translated yet so I don't know the details but hardly surprising that Yotsuba was the Bell Kisser since she was the Bride but the reason seems to be because Itsuki knows about Yotsuba's circumstances and so she encouraged her to go for it whilst she was still disguised.

I think the worst thing about this final chapter seems to be that the other 4 sisters followed Fuutarou and Yotsuba on their honeymoon. I mean come on now, its been 5 years at this point they should have moved on by now, it makes them look like pathetic orbiters. Also very disappointed that Yotsuba and Fuutarou didn't even get a double spread kiss. The one part I did like however was Yotsuba removing her Ribbon because Fuutarou can tell them apart now without her needing to rely on it.

I'm not gonna say "This series is absolute trash. Negi is a hack! 1/10" but the writing quality really did drop since SW and this last volume in particular even for a Yotsuba supporter like myself was thoroughly disappointing.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 10:22   Link #5352
devil_slayer

Now I lay back and enjoy the salt~
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 10:30   Link #5353
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
Still not translated yet so I don't know the details but hardly surprising that Yotsuba was the Bell Kisser since she was the Bride but the reason seems to be because Itsuki knows about Yotsuba's circumstances and so she encouraged her to go for it whilst she was still disguised.

I think the worst thing about this final chapter seems to be that the other 4 sisters followed Fuutarou and Yotsuba on their honeymoon. I mean come on now, its been 5 years at this point they should have moved on by now, it makes them look like pathetic orbiters. Also very disappointed that Yotsuba and Fuutarou didn't even get a double spread kiss. The one part I did like however was Yotsuba removing her Ribbon because Fuutarou can tell them apart now without her needing to rely on it.

I'm not gonna say "This series is absolute trash. Negi is a hack! 1/10" but the writing quality really did drop since SW and this last volume in particular even for a Yotsuba supporter like myself was thoroughly disappointing.
on one hand yes, Honeymoon is ideally for 2 people one. On the other hand. It's Yotsuba. She probably thinks it as a "family" trip as opposed "honeymoon" . She probably treats Uesugi at the same level as her sister for even until now.

The ending was fine. not as grand as I expected. I was disappointed with the lack of a kiss

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 11:07   Link #5354
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
^^You say that as if it's a regular thing. I just started getting salty for a valid reason.

This piece of shit what Negi has written is beyond atrocious after "Teehee, I was in love with him all along as well, but I fold because I can't win now". How noble of Itsuki. How nice of her to just decide that only Yotsuba is a fitting choice for Fuutarou, so let's manipulate the competition in the background in her favor. Let's shit on everyone else.
You are being irrational now. This is not how Itsuki acted in the manga and you know that.
Old 2020-02-15, 11:30   Link #5355
WingedAccelerator

No, I'm not.
Itsuki questions Miku and the rest trying so hard to test Fuutarou in Scrambled Eggs. Miku says it's no wonder he has troubles, he only knows them for 6 months. Itsuki says that yeah, Fuutarou needs a push...
The sentence ends vaguely. Miku confesses she is in love with Fuutarou. Itsuki acts genuinely happy. Turns out it was a facade, and the same day Miku hugged him, Itsuki gives okay for Yotsuba to go and do the deed. She also says Fuutarou will recognize her, but he failed, so she reappears as Rena to complicate things further, also wanted to ruin Kyoto with her Rena plan. Dares to say that everyone has the right to be happy to Yotsuba after she refuses her help, only to reveal she also loved Fuutarou all along. The irrational one here is Negi, dear Lex. Itsuki turned out to be a disgustingly biased plot device towards Yotsuba. This move was the icing on the cake. Her reward? Suppressed feelings forever instead of the one, she has helped.

And I'm also just gonna brings this up: Yotsuba being the BK goes against her flashbacks, her can't be happy propaganda, how she can't be selfish, her purposely handicapping herself and all of the suffering Negi highlighted.
Old 2020-02-15, 11:30   Link #5356
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Spoiler for Just Wow, just wow:

I will not read anything else from him, like ever.
Old 2020-02-15, 11:39   Link #5357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
The writing started dropping since Scrambled Eggs. Bell Kiss being the first major red flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
You are being irrational now. This is not how Itsuki acted in the manga and you know that.
I wouldn't go as far as WingedAccelerator, but I'd also add the pool chapter where Fuutarou said he doesn't know how he feels and Itsuki asked "So you're going to reject Nino and Miku?".
The whole thing during the festival with Itsuki pushing him and then in 115 asking herself "I thought this is what he wanted", too.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 11:46   Link #5358
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Spoiler for Just Wow, just wow:

I will not read anything else from him, like ever.
Lol no, that just him having a flashback

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 11:58   Link #5359
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Lol no, that just him having a flashback
We were all thinking that but that is true. It was all a
Spoiler for :
Old 2020-02-15, 11:59   Link #5360
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
No, I'm not.
Itsuki questions Miku and the rest trying so hard to test Fuutarou in Scrambled Eggs. Miku says it's no wonder he has troubles, he only knows them for 6 months. Itsuki says that yeah, Fuutarou needs a push...
The sentence ends vaguely. Miku confesses she is in love with Fuutarou. Itsuki acts genuinely happy. Turns out it was a facade, and the same day Miku hugged him, Itsuki gives okay for Yotsuba to go and do the deed. She also says Fuutarou will recognize her, but he failed, so she reappears as Rena to complicate things further, also wanted to ruin Kyoto with her Rena plan. Dares to say that everyone has the right to be happy to Yotsuba after she refuses her help, only to reveal she also loved Fuutarou all along. The irrational one here is Negi, dear Lex. Itsuki turned out to be a disgustingly biased plot device towards Yotsuba. This move was the icing on the cake. Her reward? Suppressed feelings forever instead of the one, she has helped.

And I'm also just gonna brings this up: Yotsuba being the BK goes against her flashbacks, her can't be happy propaganda, how she can't be selfish, her purposely handicapping herself and all of the suffering Negi highlighted.
All Itsuki wanted was for Yotsuba to not give up on her feelings and her chances to be happy. Never when she talked with Fuutarou she pushed him towards Yotsuba, never she tried to sabotage the other quintuplets' efforts. In Kyoto she even helped setting up Miku 's date and confession.
I'm the first who isn't happy with the role Negi gave her, but she's not the evil quintuplet who screwed up poor Miku and robbed her of her victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
The writing started dropping since Scrambled Eggs. Bell Kiss being the first major red flag.

I wouldn't go as far as WingedAccelerator, but I'd also add the pool chapter where Fuutarou said he doesn't know how he feels and Itsuki asked "So you're going to reject Nino and Miku?".
The whole thing during the festival with Itsuki pushing him and then in 115 asking herself "I thought this is what he wanted", too.
I don't think there is an ill intent in that question, given the context it was a pretty natural dialogue. For pushing him, if you mean in 114, that was after Fuutarou already made his decision, and again I'm convinced she would have acted the same way if the chosen girl wasn't Yotsuba.

Edit: I reread two different translations of chapter 92, in one after Fuutarou agreed with Itsuki that Nino and Miku are out of their mind she immediately said she didn't mean she disapproved them, in the other she said "you are making it sound like you are going to reject them". I cannot read Japanese so I can't check thecraws, but in both versions after Fuutarou made clear that he was thinking about them seriously, Itsuki was relieved and she gave him advice. So yeah, I don't think she can be seen as antagonistic towards her sisters.

Last edited by Lex79; 2020-02-15 at 12:21.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck