AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-15, 12:14   Link #5361
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Spoiler for This is how I feel right now:

Yea, I think we all got taken to the cleaners this time. So that means we were all trolled.
Old 2020-02-15, 12:16   Link #5362
rulfo

And the reveal was even more retarded and underwhelming as I imagined. It just makes Yotsuba look like a complete drama queen and a bitch. It's as if she had a personal vendeta against Ichika by fucking her over twice. All that drama about her not wanting to make any moves to be special out of her guilt goes against everything she's done. The funny part about this shitshow is that she just gave Ichika a talk the night before and then she suddenly attempts to kiss him?

This is just as bad as Fuutarou manipulating Miku into fixing the classroom squabble with him saying he can't do anything and must be nuetral when in fact it was revealed later that he just didn't want to do shit.

Oh well. This is done. I can finally move on and never touch another work from this retarded mangaka. Hope he makes good use of that retirement money.

Also, I don't think we ever got any explanation as to what happened with Nino's letter to Fuutarou. The same goes for the one who slapped Fuutarou.

Last edited by rulfo; 2020-02-15 at 12:34.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 12:26   Link #5363
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
All Itsuki wanted was for Yotsuba to not give up on her feelings and her chances to be happy. Never when she talked with Fuutarou she pushed him towards Yotsuba, never she tried to sabotage the other quintuplets' efforts. In Kyoto she even helped setting up Miku 's date and confession.
Did I say she pushed Fuutarou towards Yotsuba? All I have said is Itsuki unfairly prioratizing Yotsuba above the other sisters and only push her, because throughout the manga she functioned on the thought that Fuutarou loves KG, who is Yotsuba, and did everything to only push Yotsuba to get her happyness, because she refuses to do anything. I didn't have a problem with all of this, but this BK stunt was disgusting and contradicts Yotsuba's flashback and character.

Reread the last part of Yotsuba's flashback, Chapter 90. There, you see she busted Itsuki on that Kyoto date, when she was about to disguise as Rena and ruin Miku's date. Originally, both of them appeared together in Chapter 85, and you were supposed to think everyone just wanted to help Miku, and Yotsuba and Itsuki just came together. Itsuki also admitted to Fuutarou in Chapter 86 that she tried pulling something in Kyoto, when he accused her.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 12:27   Link #5364
Ichinotachi

This was absolutely disgusting, I said it before and i'll say it again, the manga went into the trash after scrambled eggs. Every single meaningful development was useless, spending entire arcs on some quints just to slap the readers in the face after the girls improved so much and then go for Yotsuba who's one of the weakest when it comes to character development, add to that the pseudo bait and switch garbage and how bad it was the final arc.

Negi fucked up incredibly hard here, he had no idea what to do with the manga for a long time and instead of that he was just milking the popularity of this title by using awful cliches and useless arcs. Honestly this is bottom trash tier, even nisekoi looks better at the side of this dumpster fire and nisekoi is already a steaming pile of wet dogshit. I feel bad for everyone who spent days typing walls of text filled with mental gymanstics to explain their point, all of that was worthless.

At least Aka-sensei is doing a great job with his own manga, not all the hope is lost.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 12:38   Link #5365
Hakai

Oh shit

Looks like the final chapter is enough to produce a good amount of salt and a lot of "fuck u Negi" comments one last time. Nice.

Yotsuba should let Itsuki spend a few nights with Fuu for all the support
Old 2020-02-15, 12:42   Link #5366
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
Oh shit

Looks like the final chapter is enough to produce a good amount of salt and a lot of "fuck u Negi" comments one last time. Nice.

Yotsuba should let Itsuki spend a few nights with Fuu for all the support
If only it was irrational salt.

Disregarding whichever quint you are rooting for(if you had any) the characters and the whole story just went full retard. It's Negi's fault for trashing everything he built up and going against its logic.

I envy those that are fine with having this kind of story.
Old 2020-02-15, 12:47   Link #5367

What a lame ending.
1001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 12:48   Link #5368
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
If only it was irrational salt.

Disregarding whichever quint you are rooting for(if you had any) the characters and the whole story just went full retard. It's Negi's fault for trashing everything he built up and going against its logic.
Oh no not trying to imply it's all irrational salt.

I'm just the type of person who likes to see the world burn

Although I'm a Yotsuba fan Negi certainly could have handled everything better, no doubt about that.
Old 2020-02-15, 13:08   Link #5369
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Did I say she pushed Fuutarou towards Yotsuba? All I have said is Itsuki unfairly prioratizing Yotsuba above the other sisters and only push her, because throughout the manga she functioned on the thought that Fuutarou loves KG, who is Yotsuba, and did everything to only push Yotsuba to get her happyness, because she refuses to do anything. I didn't have a problem with all of this, but this BK stunt was disgusting and contradicts Yotsuba's flashback and character.

Reread the last part of Yotsuba's flashback, Chapter 90. There, you see she busted Itsuki on that Kyoto date, when she was about to disguise as Rena and ruin Miku's date. Originally, both of them appeared together in Chapter 85, and you were supposed to think everyone just wanted to help Miku, and Yotsuba and Itsuki just came together. Itsuki also admitted to Fuutarou in Chapter 86 that she tried pulling something in Kyoto, when he accused her.
That's...a lot to be inferred from a single panel in a flashback.
Old 2020-02-15, 13:33   Link #5370
WingedAccelerator

What flashback? The one in Chapter 90 or the BK one? The former is evident. Itsuki desperately wanted to do something with Rena, but Fuutarou shooed her away before the trip. So she wanted to get to the same course as Fuutarou in Day 3 of the Kyoto trip, but Yotsuba busted her and she couldn't do her Rena plan, even if it meants ruining Miku further after Ichika directly and Yotsuba idirectly ruined her.

I will admit that the latter is pending. A new summary says Itsuki just knows about the kiss, which is acceptable, but then Yotsuba doing it just because she felt like it makes her a fucking hypocrite.

Also, Negi seems to throw up the ball. Did Fuutarou marry one of the quints or he dreamed about everything? Decide for yourself.
Old 2020-02-15, 13:40   Link #5371
rulfo

If this was all a dream, he fucking blue balled then.
Old 2020-02-15, 14:00   Link #5372
Lex79

Quote:
What flashback? The one in Chapter 90 or the BK one? The former is evident. Itsuki desperately wanted to do something with Rena, but Fuutarou shooed her away before the trip. So she wanted to get to the same course as Fuutarou in Day 3 of the Kyoto trip, but Yotsuba busted her and she couldn't do her Rena plan, even if it meants ruining Miku further after Ichika directly and Yotsuba idirectly ruined her.

I will admit that the latter is pending. A new summary says Itsuki just knows about the kiss, which is acceptable, but then Yotsuba doing it just because she felt like it makes her a fucking hypocrite.

Also, Negi seems to throw up the ball. Did Fuutarou marry one of the quints or he dreamed about everything? Decide for yourself.
Chapter 90. While we know that Itsuki had some plans for the trip, I still consider that her being willing (or even planning) to ruin Miku's date is a speculation. For all we know, she could have easily planned to meet Fuutarou after he parted with her, for example (and I wouldn't consider that interfering).
For the bell kiss, I have too few elements to comment now, I'm going to wait until I read the chapter.

Now, more importantly, what is this dream talk? I thought everyone was simply joking, should I start being worried for the worst possible ending now?
Old 2020-02-15, 14:06   Link #5373
WingedAccelerator

Yotsuba literally busts Itsuki. There is no denying it. Day 3 everyone wanted a piece of Fuutarou, except Miku. Itsuki as well, because of Rena/KG. Both Yotsuba and Itsuki arrives at the same time on Course E. It's the same event. Itsuki wanted to enter Course E on Day 3 as Rena, but Yotsuba busted her, so she also went along the help Miku plan. Itsuki didn't get any opportunities for the Rena plan during the trip, so that was her only chance, and she didn't expect 4 of them to break the rules for the Course choosing game they established. Only Miku was content if she doesn't end up on the same course.

KG was not addressed in the end.

The secret project being the colored version is disappointing, and it also looks shit. Fan colored chapters look way better than this.
https://i.imgur.com/LdkyINe.jpg

The key visual for S2 looks good, but it's just a still image, so who knows how it will look in motion. Not that I will watch.
https://i.imgur.com/v3lrE1H.jpg

Spoiler for Summary?:

Oh, yeah, Fuutarou recognizing the kiss also proves thy didn't kiss at all in 5 years. He was half-asleep during Yotsuba's festival kiss.
Old 2020-02-15, 14:14   Link #5374
Hakai

It was pretty sweet that Fuutarou identified the others first instead of going "you're Yotsuba, come on it's getting late"(though it would have been pretty funny if he did that )

I read a summary and nothing about KG was mentioned. Pretty weird but I'll wait for the full translated chapter.
Old 2020-02-15, 14:14   Link #5375
RDNexus

So... The whole timeskip thing was a dream? Wow, just wow...
Also, the present time after the dream is before or after he decided on Yotsuba?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 14:15   Link #5376
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Now, more importantly, what is this dream talk? I thought everyone was simply joking, should I start being worried for the worst possible ending now?
The only dream part was him reminiscing about their high school days up until graduation. The parallel of him thinking meeting them was a nightmare vs how he feels about them after five years together is supposed to be a reflective of that.
To clarify It's literally another flashback to five years ago and remembering them bickering with each other, and then seeing how close they are at the time of the wedding. To reinforce that they truly were the Quintessential Quintuplets we met along the way.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 14:18   Link #5377
Lex79

I'm....speechless.
Old 2020-02-15, 14:18   Link #5378
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Gotta leave it open so the others sell well, huh.

Man, such a roller coaster even to last chapter; maybe the best ending a harem manga ever got. LOL.

Old 2020-02-15, 14:50   Link #5379

It being a dream, or not means nothing. It's the only route in the manga

Quote:
He then points at nino, who congratulates him but before she can finish she breaks down crying. Fuutarou brings up that he never gave nino an answer, apologizing to her with “my bad”. But nino says she has no regrets.
- I can't dismiss serious feelings anymore
- The more you wait, the more you're going to hurt them
- I know
6 years pass
- I guess I "forgot" to reply to your serious feelings. My bad, lmao
Fuck you.
Quote:
Fuutarou brings up that the kiss he had with Yotsu at the altar felt the same as the bell kiss years ago.
So what? When Yotsuba told him at the altar "We already kissed 5 years ago" he didn't piece it together? There was only one instance where he didn't know who kissed him.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 14:57   Link #5380
Hakai

It's not a dream lol.

It switched back to present in the end with him saying "Yes. I thought the same thing then, too. They really are a nuisance"

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck