AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 12:04   Link #1801
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Removing a little from the current topic, I've been meaning to point this out but have kept forgetting, and after the display of Zessica's growing feelings for Amata in this past episode it's essentially a moot point now, but what the heck:

Not sure if anybody noticed, but see the upsaide-down triangle shape under the Aquarion EVOL logo? Note how the triangle is made of three colors: red, purple, and green. Hair colors, anyone?

And to further the whole "EVOL -> LOVE" thing, note how on the Aquarion EVOL's head design, the ring-like thing that circles behind its head is in the general shape of a heart. On a few places on the EVOL, there are also heart-shaped insignias as well.
Old 2012-02-22, 12:42   Link #1802
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Speaking of, the high school hijinks needs to start wrapping up and we need to move onto developing/evolving our plot. A third of the show is done, and these triangles need some meat to them lest they end up with starved conclusions/resolutions.
Don't worry.
Episode 8 is supposed to be the penultimate of the less-dramatic episodes with high school hijinks.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:07   Link #1803
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Looking back at #3, I wonder how Andy got many pictures of the girls on his compartment, assuming it was his Amata slept on. Did he buy those from Sazanka too when they met on the main control room?

And I just noticed that Yunoha finally show herself properly on the OP, both in the middle and on the last scene of the OP. I skipped the OP the first time I watched #8
Though it makes me wonder why Molloy had to appear together with Sazanka, Yunoha, Andy, Mix, and Cayenne on the OP; since so far his role isn't that important, almost in the same level as the goggle-wearing operator girl, or the operator boy who gained more popularity if we look at the amount of fan arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Not sure if anybody noticed, but see the upsaide-down triangle shape under the Aquarion EVOL logo? Note how the triangle is made of three colors: red, purple, and green. Hair colors, anyone?
Every time I see that symbol/logo, the first thing came up on my mind is Windows Media Player
Old 2012-02-22, 13:36   Link #1804
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Removing a little from the current topic, I've been meaning to point this out but have kept forgetting, and after the display of Zessica's growing feelings for Amata in this past episode it's essentially a moot point now, but what the heck:

And to further the whole "EVOL -> LOVE" thing, note how on the Aquarion EVOL's head design, the ring-like thing that circles behind its head is in the general shape of a heart. On a few places on the EVOL, there are also heart-shaped insignias as well.
Yeah, yeah, but you just broke the secret pact the users has been keeping for 91 pages, damn it only 9 pages more to reach 100...

Btw, currently I like Zessica more than ever in this series. Hoping Andy doesn't ends friendzoned by Yunoha, Mc's friends needs more love .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:55   Link #1805
Arya

I've never realized that EVOL-LOVE thing. I've no real basis to say that because my Aquarion knowledge is really poor, but could it be an explanation (or a key) of how the current main characters are the exact opposite of the previous ones? Or on a more wide angle can it be that references between the two series have to be reversed? Like Aquarion EVOL= !Aquarion?
Ok, sorry, I had to say it, even if probably it is nonsensical, keep going

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 14:05   Link #1806
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hoping Andy doesn't ends friendzoned by Yunoha, Mc's friends needs more love .
I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I hope Andy DOES get majorly freindzoned by Yunoha, since Andy and Mix has so much chemistry together.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 14:23   Link #1807
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I hope Andy DOES get majorly freindzoned by Yunoha, since Andy and Mix has so much chemistry together.
More like Andy has no interest in underaged little girls. He said he doesn't see Yunoha's appeal.

Besides he seems to not be as much as a man slut as Amata.XD

An excellent thing.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-22 at 14:39.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 16:26   Link #1808
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Besides he seems to not be as much as a man slut as Amata.XD
Hey, don't be that way. Amata only has eyes for Mikono. He just has poor control over his emotions like any teenage male.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 16:58   Link #1809
mayumi

While its true amata is only interested in mikono he had a weird reaction to mix's mentioning that zessica was walking around in her underwear.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 17:29   Link #1810
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hoping Andy doesn't ends friendzoned by Yunoha, Mc's friends needs more love .
More like Andy will get Daughter-zoned by Yunoha

But seriously, Andy should count his lucky stars that EVOL is one of those series that allows for Beta couples

Quote:

What chemistry ?! They haven't done anything yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
While its true amata is only interested in mikono he had a weird reaction to mix's mentioning that zessica was walking around in her underwear.
He had a weird reaction to finding out a little girl was still alive, what's your point ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 18:12   Link #1811
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
With Episode 8, Aquarion EVOL has already made my shortlist of 2012 Anime Comedy of the Year contenders.

It is just so insanely lolzy.

It also hits just the right note by taking its overarching plot seriously while going lighthearted-zany with just about everything else. It works really well to craft a generally upbeat action-show with lots of style, pizazz, and hammy comedy.
Old 2012-02-22, 18:33   Link #1812
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

He had a weird reaction to finding out a little girl was still alive, what's your point ?
Dont remember amata's face getting red about the lolli.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 18:36   Link #1813
Rei.K

I'm a bit late to the party, I just started to watch this after marathoning the first series (Genesis of Aquarion).

Long story short, the original had a cool premice and characters, but the second half was a pain to go through and the end underwheilming. Which is a shame, really, cause it definitely had potential.
This one seems much more consistent pace wise and visually. Here's hoping plot integrity makes it to the end, unlike Genesis. I'd say so far the only thing the original has over this one probably is the main theme and some characters. I would also add better character design, but that's more of a personal take on it, as I'm not such a fan of simplistic character designs like EVOL's (can't help but get a Oreimo vibe from it - yeah I know it's by the same dude). But at least it's consistent. Could prove relevant depending on which kind of tone it's aiming for, though.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 18:54   Link #1814
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
That just means he can't control his boner . It doesn't really mean he has feelings for Zessica just yet.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 19:34   Link #1815
Akarin

Spoiler for nsfw - Zessica cosplay:

Zessica's clothes looks good in real life.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 19:54   Link #1816
Xaturas

They do, only if girl was more Zessica like. But still + for trying.

As for the story, I think I will treat it like some people said in this thread. It just a comedy addon to my High School Boys anime.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:09   Link #1817
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Ooops, wrong names, I mixed them .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:08   Link #1818
Enternal

Seems like some people forgot that Amata flies when his emotions goes up so it does not matter whether it's sexual, fright, happiness, or whatever. Of course this show makes it into a joke that whenever he flies, it's because of some girl.

Flies for Mikono -> He likes Mikono
Flies for Zessica -> She's teasing him
Flies for Yunoha -> He was embarrassed because he made a mistake
Flies for Andy -> Hole buddies

Last edited by Enternal; 2012-02-22 at 22:33.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:27   Link #1819
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What chemistry ?! They haven't done anything yet
What? Miss "I Hate All Men" willingly wants to help the "Enemy of All Women" with his Ancient Documents this episode was more than enough for me. Considering she didn't want ANYTHING to do with men just last episode, this speaks volumes to me. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:31   Link #1820
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

that might just mean she values knowledge more than she does not interacting with men. You're looking at a false lead here

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction