AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-02, 13:36   Link #2561
Pathis87

this is grim news indeed , but maybe he can find romance at the very end of the show , you know to mend his broken hart . I mean sure he said that he liked her but that doesn't mean he is/was in love with her unless he directly said it ( which i can't recall with any1 other but euphie) .... because you can 'like' someone as a friend and someone as a lover both 'likes' however are very different in value. So let's not kill the romance option just yet . It could still happen but not with Shirley which i assumed from the moment she got her memory back that her Life was spent . Also why else would they have done a 'romantic scène' with Shirley if it wouldn't lead to a final conclusion ?(like they ended millays situation by letting her become a weathergirl)

He still has Kallen to save aswell knowing Lelouch he won't break the promise he himself made directly to her . Also Kallen is now with Nunnally so it's like they are saying that Nunnally might approve of a relationship between Kallen and Her brother... After some talk ofcourse ... Kallen might even slip that Lelouch is zero ( since she does suspect that something between him and Suzaku went wrong)

Also Shirleys death may enhance the bond between Kallen and Lelouch , note that kallen is always the one in season 2 who comforts him or atleast wants to help him (like in ep 7) and various other occasions (like being relieved he was back to his normal self ). In season 1 this was CC's role but she hasn't any credit to show in season 2. People say that Kallen might deflect to nunnally's side but since eps 1 in season 2 where she was actually prepared to die for Lelouch i won't see that happening ... .

Presumeably the episodes where Kallen will wear her Britt dress will be the eps were she has to choose between lelouch or her Brittannian side , we might get to see her past /arc during those eps .... anyway we can be 100% sure she will return to the Oobk since they won't give the Guren MK-2 upgrades if they didn't plan on using it at the end ....otherwise it would be an act of plain stupidity .

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Old 2008-07-02, 13:41   Link #2562
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
full version of 2nd opening. "World's End"
LQ =(

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=HMw9HzBNCTc
nothing will beat Colors final
Old 2008-07-02, 13:43   Link #2563
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
Presumeably the episodes where Kallen will wear her Britt dress will be the eps were she has to choose between lelouch or her Brittannian side , we might get to see her past /arc during those eps .... anyway we can be 100% sure she will return to the Oobk since they won't give the Guren MK-2 upgrades if they didn't plan on using it at the end ....otherwise it would be an act of plain stupidity
Well, you have a point, through Kallen returning to the OotBK - or rather choosing to fight with them to the very end - isn't the same thing as her starting a romance with Lelouch And the Guren might just be used for other purposes - but we'll see...
Old 2008-07-02, 13:57   Link #2564
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
You take the glass half-empty out of this, I'll take the glass half-full and say this is exactly why there will be romance in the show. He loved Euphie and that brought on intimate moments with C.C., he'll never be able to fight Britannia with revenge for Shirley solely on his mind. So another girl in his life will have to bring him out of it.
Meh, I still call it rather sudden and out of no where, but whatever. It won't be C.C. in any case so what the hell does it matter to me? Kallen can go off and have a whole family with Lelouch with fans cheering from all sides.

I find it rather sad that Kallen has to have her competition killed off entirely for her to get real development, but hey I don't decide things here. I doubt Kallen fans care how it happens anyway.

What intimate moments are you speaking of? I don't recall any and they don't matter in either case.

I like how everyone thinks that all Shirley's death will do is enhance their bond and make them all the closer. It's just hilarious really.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-02, 13:58   Link #2565
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

shirley going to die? that's not cool man seriously quit killing my favorite characters
Old 2008-07-02, 14:00   Link #2566
Var
Banned

Quote:
Presumeably the episodes where Kallen will wear her Britt dress will be the eps were she has to choose between lelouch or her Brittannian side , we might get to see her past /arc during those eps .... anyway we can be 100% sure she will return to the Oobk since they won't give the Guren MK-2 upgrades if they didn't plan on using it at the end ....otherwise it would be an act of plain stupidity .
Why would she ever choose Britannia? I don't see there being much of a decision for her, unless it fell on whether or not she'd protect Nunally, Lelouch's most valuable person.

One thing that I see likely happening, once Lelouch burns off his rage, C.C. will remind him that he has someone left to save. Lelouch will make a comment about not losing any more important people, and will go in to finalize the Kallen rescue.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:01   Link #2567
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hey, deal with it. You picked the wrong character to like is all that happened.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-02, 14:12   Link #2568
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
don't start dann i liked euphe and shirley now look what happened.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:16   Link #2569
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
don't start dann i liked euphe and shirley now look what happened.
Like I said, you picked the wrong characters to like.

Old 2008-07-02, 14:20   Link #2570
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Why would she ever choose Britannia? I don't see there being much of a decision for her, unless it fell on whether or not she'd protect Nunally, Lelouch's most valuable person.
Well, it could be a more complicated situation than that; suppose that she's offered a place in Nunnally's administration (therefore with a direct means to change things), full pardon for her crimes (as Britannia labels them), her mother's release from prison and no requirement from her to give up any information on Zero or the OotBK that she might have - and spice that up with some story we might get that her father isn't so bad that Kallen might think him to be and/or some reasoning for why "Zero's ways are wrong!" from Nunnally's side and.. She might be heistant in making her choice indeed.

Though then, I suppose we might see a theme that was brought up with Todou last season and with Lelouch earlier this season: Responsibility. Kallen is to a great deal responsible for the return of Zero, so he might argue that since she wouldn't leave him alone, she has a responsibility to follow through with her path to the very end...
Old 2008-07-02, 14:20   Link #2571
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Ah, couldn't you have chosen your words just a little better? That's a little too blunt. I myself am not too fond of treating characters that way, since, in something like Code Geass, everyone has a sort of significance to the essential point of work and even to the developing protagonist Lelouch himself.

That's the way I see it at least. Everyone is entitled to favor certain characters over others, but I wouldn't necessarily say that they *pick* who they think gets good ends and who doesn't. Anyway Shirley is probably going to help change Lelouch's resolve one way or another regarding relevant matters of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
full version of 2nd opening. "World's End"
LQ =(

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=HMw9HzBNCTc
It's about time that got out. I was reading about how they aired it on radio in Japan and I was searching everywhere for some form of stream from it. The fact that it came from radio pretty much explains the LQ so no complaints here.

I like it. It's definitely not Colors (in style more than quality, once again I'm not having complaints on general quality since I haven't heard the HQ version yet), but I know I'm going to like it.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:43   Link #2572
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
Ah, couldn't you have chosen your words just a little better? That's a little too blunt. I myself am not too fond of treating characters that way, since, in something like Code Geass, everyone has a sort of significance to the essential point of work and even to the developing protagonist Lelouch himself.

That's the way I see it at least. Everyone is entitled to favor certain characters over others, but I wouldn't necessarily say that they *pick* who they think gets good ends and who doesn't. Anyway Shirley is probably going to help change Lelouch's resolve one way or another regarding relevant matters of interest.
Some are simply more important than others and matter more. Shirley could only really have an impact through dying.

They can I suppose, but some are just going to make choices that lead to them being disappointed. Like Shirley fans for instance. They'll all be very sad about her dying. Same way with me, though Shirley's death doesn't matter much to me.

Old 2008-07-02, 14:50   Link #2573
Marsala
Delurker

Hey, maybe Shirley, Kallen and C.C. will all die and Lelouch will end up with Kaguya.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:53   Link #2574
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Hey, maybe Shirley, Kallen and C.C. will all die and Lelouch will end up with Kaguya.
He doesn't really have any attachment to her, in this situation I think it'll just be Lelouch and Nunally.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:53   Link #2575
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Unlikely to happen at all unless in some random ending. Shirley's gone, C.C. apparently was never an option at all, and Kallen is running unopposed except in the event that Lelouch does not get over Shirley very fast. Meh, she did end up winning in the end despite two people saying otherwise. I bet this will end up being the best series ever to some people, or rather the majority.

Old 2008-07-02, 15:10   Link #2576
Pathis87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

One thing that I see likely happening, once Lelouch burns off his rage, C.C. will remind him that he has someone left to save. Lelouch will make a comment about not losing any more important people, and will go in to finalize the Kallen rescue.
she can be forced into it or bribed into it like they could kill her mother who is still hospitalised or in prison right now .

DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Old 2008-07-02, 15:18   Link #2577
NoLongerSane

Sad to say, but remember, Shirley's death will not be the last in this series. You still have the introduction of the remaining Knights of the Round, and they are going to need fodder in order to show off their skills. Hopefully, this will be the last important death that fans will have to deal with until the end of the season. Remember, the writers for this show have done a great job for getting the fans to feel for the characters.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:20   Link #2578
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
she can be forced into it or bribed into it like they could kill her mother who is still hospitalised or in prison right now .
Or Nunnally can Geass her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Sad to say, but remember, Shirley's death will not be the last in this series. You still have the introduction of the remaining Knights of the Round, and they are going to need fodder in order to show off their skills. Hopefully, this will be the last important death that fans will have to deal with until the end of the season. Remember, the writers for this show have done a great job for getting the fans to feel for the characters.
Code Geass isn't a typical shonen manga series; the rest of the Knights of Round with the exception of Bismark will probably not have big roles. I agree that the end of the show may be a bloodbath, though.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:22   Link #2579
Pathis87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Or Nunnally can Geass her.
is it confirmed she has one ?

Old 2008-07-02, 15:22   Link #2580
Dream_Traveller
Banned

This isn't Nightmare of Nunnally.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories