Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2023-10-06, 14:17   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

"She's really beautiful!"
*Proceeds to show derp animation quality face*
...Uh-huh, well then...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 17:58   Link #23
grecefar

While the mc is the type of shy guy who overreact too much, there were some good things and he did good at the end when he figure it the type of guy she dated and wants to make a difference with her.

I don't know, I give it 3 chapters.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 20:27   Link #24
Alchemist007
*Author

The girl has something wrong in the head. She needs therapy or friends, but since this is one of those anime, she'll get in a relationship that 'teaches her how it should be' instead.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2023-10-06 at 21:43.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 21:12   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's kind of funny. I felt like I'd seen or read this one somewhere before when watching. But it wasn't until a certain moment in the OP that I had a "oh right, I definitely remember this now."

No question the girl has some troubles. Though I got to wonder about some of the guys confessing. Sure they get what they want really fast, but just immediately going "I'm good now, see ya" seems pretty out there.

The premise is set. The chance to build up a more solid relationship before going any further should of course allow Runa to actually fall in love for the first time. Fair enough for Ryuto to hold himself back a bit. Ironically he probably still would have been fine since the issue has been guys losing interest in Runa. Which I don't see being a problem for Ryuto since he's liked her for quite some time. But it's better for Runa since he can look a bit better in her eyes as a result.

Credit I suppose that Ryuto isn't so passive that he didn't take the chance to check out her drawers . And thankfully he found his voice when it came to slowing things down. That's the kind of moment freezing up too much would be a problem in.

I thought it was fine. The show doesn't look overly good, but it should be comfortable show to watch.
Old 2023-10-06, 21:20   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I read a few chapters of the manga adaptation a while back and didn't like it but figured I'd give the anime a shot at least for Saori Oonishi voicing another bubbly gyaru. FMC has issues though and MC is basically Kazuya Jr. so I doubt I'll stick around for another episode. Actually his friends are pretty fucking terrible too while I'm at it. The entire premise just kind of reminds me I should catch up on Hajimete no Gal one of these days.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 03:46   Link #27
Lex79

It's one of those series which tell the viewers "don't worry if you are a virgin, that's actually what will lead you to find true love". Not that I think waiting before having sex is wrong or that a boy should immediately go for it when he has a chance, I just hope th8s isn't one of those series where it takes 50 episodes for the protagonists to hold hands and 100 for a kiss.
Old 2023-10-07, 06:42   Link #28
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
It's one of those series which tell the viewers "don't worry if you are a virgin, that's actually what will lead you to find true love". Not that I think waiting before having sex is wrong or that a boy should immediately go for it when he has a chance, I just hope th8s isn't one of those series where it takes 50 episodes for the protagonists to hold hands and 100 for a kiss.
I am sure most audience does not like the fast food romance, either. The ideal manga workflow is building up story and background in the first chapter. In the second chapter, the character typecasting will kick in. The anime probably use the similar model, since a Japanese novelist successfully preached the four stages of storytelling.

Spoiler:

Last edited by scififan; 2023-10-07 at 06:55.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 09:18   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I think the main issue is that the act of having sex isn't the problem so much as that it should be something you and your partner both want so that it feels as special as it should.
Old 2023-10-07, 14:15   Link #30
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think the main issue is that the act of having sex isn't the problem so much as that it should be something you and your partner both want so that it feels as special as it should.
I don't mind the waiting as much as the fact he's gone full 'captain save a ho' by the end of the episode. I guess replacing the usual misogyny towards non-virgin heroines with misandry is progress?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 14:50   Link #31
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I am sure most audience does not like the fast food romance, either. The ideal manga workflow is building up story and background in the first chapter. In the second chapter, the character typecasting will kick in. The anime probably use the similar model, since a Japanese novelist successfully preached the four stages of storytelling.
Such a clinically rigid production makes me think of fast food, though.
Old 2023-10-07, 19:12   Link #32
deadite

She needs therapy not a relationship. Having a large body count while in highschool is not healthy. It's like her parents didn't teach her any better.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 19:59   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I don't mind the waiting as much as the fact he's gone full 'captain save a ho' by the end of the episode. I guess replacing the usual misogyny towards non-virgin heroines with misandry is progress?
In this instance it doesn't seem like he cares that she's slept around or looks at her as being "damaged goods" for doing so, in fact a part of him wanted the excuse to punch in his v-card, but he cared enough about her to want them to have a real relationship first.
Old 2023-10-08, 18:40   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

You Were Experienced, I Was Not: Our Dating Story. First Thoughts

As far as the first episode goes the dialogue exchange between Ryuto and Runa implied that she tried her hardest to make each relationship to work, but she could not pair bond after doing the deed feeling nothing special with each of her previous boyfriends, thus, triggering in them to leave her for good.

Now, what would be interesting is both laying out a set number of dates before doing the deed. The point would be that each date serving as build-up experiences for both Runa and Ryuto to enjoy fun, leading an average relationship life as boyfriend and girlfriend.
Then, reaching a milestone date when they'll do something special and romantic for each other.

The point would be going on a voyage of discovery and experiences involving not just romance but also fun and regular things so as Ryuto can build-up confidence in himself and Runa opening her horizons that there's more to doing the deed with your boyfriends at dating. But, that she also is capable to pair bond by meeting, matching-up, and sharing fun with the right guy.

Nonetheless, I must hand it over to Ryuto that in spite of his overwhelming shyness he managed to successfully confess to Runa in the first episode, and that's the first step taken by him.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 08:39   Link #35
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I can see how people will be split about this. However, compared to Dress Up Darling, I'd take this any day. The characters here feel relatively more genuine (albeit with some cringe in the side characters). Too many of these scenarios feel way too light/the barest of feelings is a milestone every few episodes and that being inoffensive is the only way.

I honestly respect this title for going this way. With all due respect, high school was completely like this. People were very promiscuous. When you're a teen, you do get stuck in your own self-doubt/feeling out of place as well as getting horny easily. I find Ryuto believable and that he is able to show relative restraint while being a believable male teen. Runa - yeah, I'm sure she'll rile some people. But the mix of her character comes across as more genuine. The concept of a female having to do X in order for it to be a relationship isn't a completely foreign concept. I recall seeing other titles approach this in the early 2000s. Also, it's not like most people that age understand what they feel. Looking back at the me of that age range, I sure as heck wouldn't think or act the same as I did then. Runa may have had a certain experience that made her think it was the norm or a friend made her think that way.

Either way, for once I actually felt a bit warm and amused by one of these scenarios. It certainly isn't Tomo-chan is a Girl level, but I'm intrigued and can't really think of a very negative moment. I can believe in these two so far and want to see more. With somewhat limited expectations, though - clearly not much of a budget and this isn't going to be highbrow subject material. But a bit of silly fun warmth is fine and I honestly could use a title like that.
Old 2023-10-13, 10:04   Link #36
Frontier

Dating a gyaru doesn't automatically change your character, but it does net you your first morning couple text! And Ryuto supporting his girlfriend making it to class almost on time !

Well, figures Ryuto's buddies would not only criticize him for not banging Runa (nerds should keep condoms just in case!) but also for thinking he actually has a chance with her, being the unattractive nerd that he is, though they're the ones who got him into this in the first place so who are they to judge ?

But Runa has no reservations about being affectionate and flirty with Ryuto in class and in front of others, which makes them the talk of the school but also the ire of Nicole who hates Ryuto's guts (gal pals be like that sometimes). I get why Ryuto wants to keep their relationship on the down low but he didn't expect it to lead to their first date !

First couple evening video chat! Even got to see Runa in her loungewear! And Ryuto gets to be the first BF who actually cares about what Runa wants to do. But get your mind out of the gutter imagining her in lingerie in a love hotel .

But of course with a gyaru their first instinct is to go shopping, and shop she does...with Ryuto left carrying all the bags like a proper boyfriend, but he enjoys seeing Runa in her element and happy and slaying in those casual clothes !

Oh no, she left his message on unread for like a whole day! It must mean she's stringing him along! Better watch discount Apex streams and get ready to get dumped. If only he had actually sealed the deal beforehand !

But no, Runa was actually just getting matching phone cases for the both of them and spent so much time on a mobile game her phone straight up died while she was in line which is why she didn't see his message until later. Runa is no two-timer and she just wanted to see Ryuto be happy .

Runa's boyfriend is a car otaku! Good to know for future reference. Didn't expect her to compare herself to a sports car though .

I was surprised Runa wanted to know about Ryuto's middle-school romance. Most girls wouldn't want to know about their partners' past romance experience. But sucks for Ryuto that he got stuck in the friendzone after Kurose (Aoi Koga!) gave him such a misleading line about liking guys like him .

So Runa is partially such a hardcore romantic because her parents got together and got married young...of course they also got divorced, so maybe that's not the best example, but that's part of why she's been chasing love so hard and wanted to gain enough "adult" experience to have a real relationship. And she's aware she's not smart or deep, yet her sheer zeal for life and enjoying it one step at a time is what Ryuto is so charmed by .

Of course just when things are getting good between the couple...who should transfer in but Ryuto's middle-school crush Kurose, back again .

The ED is pretty simple and cute, focusing on Ryuto and Runa's relationship and feelings for each other and just them straight up being together !
Old 2023-10-13, 17:41   Link #37
grecefar

Ex crush came in sooner than I thought. I never like that setting of reject him before and then wants him back because she made a mistake.

I hope she doesn't get in the way too much but that is wishful thinking
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-13, 21:52   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok. Went through a bit of a rough stretch with the classic figuring she wants to break up even though there's little reason to think so, pattern. Made it pretty clear that she was the one getting dumped all the time so little reason to think she's going to throw him aside out of nowhere. But yeah, lack of confidence will do that.

Glad they had a nice moment with the phone cases . Cute little scene that further pulled them closer together.

And since they are closer now's a good time I guess to throw in a rival. Toss in the girl that turned him down. Either this girl had feelings and backed away for some reason or she didn't before, but now that he's dating someone she'll get interested. Either way, should spice things up and provide a bit of pressure on Runa. Not a bad thing.
Old 2023-10-14, 14:57   Link #39
Lex79

For a moment I thought we might have gotten a twist where Runa is the streamer they boys are following, but there was another more appropriate explanation for why she didn't check her phone.
I don't dislike the development between the two, they talk and are open to each other, keep things this way author.
Old 2023-10-15, 01:01   Link #40
scififan

The episode 2 feels like "That Bisque Doll Falls in Love". Like Marin, Runa's catchphrase is YABAI. Runa's ideal relationship is the love between her parents, so she tries unsuccessfully to copy them.

Ryuto lacks social skill. He confesses to girl that he has no confidence. Runa's response is DON'T MIND. I was looking for lecturing from the girl. If it is "Today's Asuka Show", Asuka would say that you don't advertise a product is terrible. Therefore, you don't say you are a terrible person if you you want to date a girl. Ryuto finally shows his confidence in sports car, although it confuses Runa. Runa still finds Ryuto. Her peer's negative view does not deter her from dating Ryuto.

The only toxic thing in their relationship is Ryuto's request not to make their relationship public.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote