AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 20:11   Link #1941
Nemesis

^ Exactly my point.

It tries to do many things, but ending up doing all of them terribly.
.........and that was't my words in the first place.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:12   Link #1942
Nosauz

if your refering to the white christmas that I think you are, I hope your right, I think the worst thing to come out of anime this year is definitely hands down, the furry rendition of ode to joy... holy crap... it's a the verge of soooo bad it's good but just not not bad enough.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:30   Link #1943
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Damm this series now. after seeing Princess Lover i thought Harem ending couldnt get any worse. in my mind now the only way the studio can redeem themselves is if they make a second series which finishes it once and for all.

Yay for Shizuku.
Old 2009-12-10, 20:37   Link #1944
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
Damm this series now. after seeing Princess Lover i thought Harem ending couldnt get any worse. in my mind now the only way the studio can redeem themselves is if they make a second series which finishes it once and for all.

Yay for Shizuku.
Well, Kampfer is enjoyable as a whole even if people didn't like this episode, while Princess Lover was a trainwreck from the start. I haven't watched this episode myself either though.

...and I thought we're getting 1 more episode?
Old 2009-12-10, 20:39   Link #1945
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Well, Kampfer is enjoyable as a whole even if people didn't like this episode, while Princess Lover was a trainwreck from the start. I haven't watched this episode myself either though.

...and I thought we're getting 1 more episode?
your really going to change your mind. I'll just bury the "last" episode into my subconscious and never think about it again, thats how bad it is.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:50   Link #1946
longshot

episode 11 wasn't so bad...............

oh who am i kidding i was the 30 minutes i wasted on this episode back!!!
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:55   Link #1947
Fawx9

Quote:
your really going to change your mind. I'll just bury the "last" episode into my subconscious and never think about it again, thats how bad it is.
For me the start wasn't horrible, though I'll have no idea what they were talking about until someone subs it, but that part at least kinda looks like it made sense.

It wasn't until they rushed the purple vs white battle that I started understanding what people where commenting on.

And then they started the singing...

Ok so maybe it really was only the first 5 minutes that made sense. God why didn't they do a 13th episode if they really wanted to do a special instead of trying to do whatever they did here.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:58   Link #1948
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Highly doubt its gonna happen after this, but, I hope there would be a Season 2 to actually finish things up.

This episode aside, most of Kampfer was pretty good.

I pray the manga or novel (if I can find it in English) doesn't end like this. That would be utter crap for all three media to end with such a bad ending. Then again, a vast majority of harem anime have a non-ending.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 21:18   Link #1949
Fishfood1

okay i seen the raw...

although i don't understand most of the talking parts, since i don't know japs. but overall most of the episode until the moment where natsuru regained control was okay. it's after that was really WTFness... man this should be an H-type anime if they wanted to pull that stunt off so badly.

so overall it's a really weird episode... maybe bad i'd suppose. i'll wait for the sub for a better judgement later.

personally i'll disagree with people saying this is worse than princess lover. heck each episode of princess lover was as just as bad or worse than this episode after epi 6. so at least this is only 1 episode compare to enduring 6 episodes of garbage.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 21:22   Link #1950
Zetsubo
著述遮断

The only reason I started watching this series was because Shizuku-sama reminded me of Senjoughara-sama and the overall wondeful experience of the story telling that was in Bakemonogatari.

I had fanciful hopes that the overall plot and direction of Kempfer would turn out to also be a surprise hit. I was just comming off Bakemongatari so I projected the experience from that series toward this series. However, by school festival episode, those projections were dashed.

In the end I just did the smart thing and enjoyed the anime for the Shizuku-sama "fetish". I switched to Shizuku fan mode.

I am furtunate in that I usually can always find something to make an anime fun to watch. I simply forget the bad stuff going on in the show while I am fixated on the good ( I could not do it for endless 8 I am not that strong).

Anime is for fun and I am not going to block my mind to finding ways to access that fun. Even if I have to be mentally creative and do it myself since the writers and directors of a particular show can'd do it for me.

Simply put, devoid of proper story telling attirbutes, Kempfer liquified and became purely about Shizuku. I did not mind after I rebooted my expectations and simply made it into a show that served as my generic substitute for fresh doses of Senjougahara Hitagi.

I simply just went into my Shizuku fan mode.

I focused on watching her and enjoing her movements. It was the only way I could continue watching this series.

In this thread, to add to my fun, I would simply just post some lunatic one phrase comment about Shizuku.

In my opinion the overall character of Shizuku is not perfect, however I did like the focus of her sexual tension and desire for male Natsuru (reminds me of Hitagi)

I also enjoyed the voice work. Shizuku's seiyu is quite OK (nothing like Saito Chiwa for Senjoughara Hitagi) but she is good enough to be and has been a wonderful subsitute

--fin
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 21:56   Link #1951
Newhope

I watched it again if the singing gut dolls and super saiyian power up wasn't there the episode it wouldn't have been that bad, overall the way they've left it I think there planning on doing another series.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 22:11   Link #1952
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I rememeber, that Beethoven song was used in Gunslinger Girls Season 1. I think it was also the finale.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 23:10   Link #1953
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Hell no. Kampfer (especially the last ep was a trainwreck)

Now, Sora no Otoshimono deserves a subforum.
That's why I said IF. No way it'll actually qualify now though.
Old 2009-12-10, 23:14   Link #1954
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

To be honest, imo. I think the animal plushes make better heroines than the humans. I think we seen all of them so far.

harakiri human form = eyepatch moe. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 23:15   Link #1955
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

This is the worse final I ever seen , what a shame. It was kinda funny but c'mon....

I'm still wondering why Akane tried to kill Natsuru at the first scenes of Cap. 1 o.o ... Second season? :P

Last edited by BigSky; 2009-12-10 at 23:41.
BigSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 23:53   Link #1956
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Words fail me...

Why!
Why!!
why!!!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 00:28   Link #1957
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I watched it again if the singing gut dolls and super saiyian power up wasn't there the episode it wouldn't have been that bad, overall the way they've left it I think there planning on doing another series.
And also the fight against the whites...overall i've seen worse ,the ending itself was expected since the source is still ongoing, what would be really surprising is if somehow it had an conclusive ending

Last edited by karuroso; 2009-12-11 at 05:46.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 00:54   Link #1958
Fishfood1

yeah, after seeing the sub, my view didn't change really.

first half was pretty good. but for god sakes what were they(producers/director) smoking during the last 7-8 minutes of this episode? i sure don't want to smoke what they were smoking.

stripping girls down with attacks and power-ups were already awful, and then the dolls project themselves in the air and sings... the last 10 min was really rushed and terrible. also sakura+white team's exit was just lame.

and why is natsuru thinking of the moon and the stars when the girls are still fighting over him at point-blank range?!?!?!

however because the first half was good, overall this episode was just some-what bad. so meh, i seen worse ones recently(eg. kiddy girl-and epi 6).

oh and:
+for the girls' transformation around half-way

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:02   Link #1959
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
yeah, after seeing the sub, my view didn't change really.

first half was pretty good. but for god sakes what were they(producers/director) smoking during the last 7-8 minutes of this episode? i sure don't want to smoke what they were smoking.

stripping girls down with attacks and power-ups were already awful, and then the dolls project themselves in the air and sings... the last 10 min was really rushed and terrible. also sakura+white team's exit was just lame.

and why is natsuru thinking of the moon and the stars when the girls are still fighting over him at point-blank range?!?!?!

however because the first half was good, overall this episode was just some-what bad. so meh, i seen worse ones recently(eg. kiddy girl-and epi 6).

oh and:
+for the girls' transformation around half-way
Just saw the subs as well.

Yeah, the first half was along the lines of the previous episodes. Then the last 10 minutes, I had to shut off my brain. Maybe it'll be better if I was drunk.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:04   Link #1960
Thelastguardian

I just have to rant...

You know, I am usually very lenient for moe/fanservice series. I know their purposes, and I love every one of them; I am not going to apologize for liking them. Silliness is fine, as long as you have a back story as a skeletal frame.

But this...this takes the cake. It has been a while since a series' ending leave me speechless. This is like watching Plan 9 on MST3000's bad...no it's like watching Dragonball z Evo bad. Absolutely mind blowing, it is. The closest one for the past year is Macross F 'concerto finale', but using that as comparison is like beating a dead horse, so I digress.

I don't mind the Christmas jingle, but for gawd's sake, if you are going to go the cheesy route, go the whole way. Make it chessy, make it outlandish, make it so ecchi that it will give males from 5 to 85 hardon; but no, they just have to cram so many scenes into this episode. For example, what was up with the 'fighting scene' (or lack of)? From what I remember from the novel, the fighting usually go on for longer than 10 seconds. At least make the cutting seems intelligent.

For a fleeting moment I thought I was watching a TMA production.

Finally, I am not the only one who think that apparently. 2ch was(is?) having a riot over this.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/insidears/ar.../52105192.html

The studio...it takes exceptional size balls and a few well placed batting to the head to come up with this. I applaud, I really do applaud...I have to...I was entertained, after all...

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen