AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-16, 02:02   Link #701
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I found this episode awesome, hilarious, and cute yet embarrassing too, so I ended up pausing a good bit out of laughing too hard, or embarrassment.
I really didn't expect so much comedy in this episode, so I'd say better than episode 1 or 2.

Also well put on Haruka's character, Mentar.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:13   Link #702
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Now this was certainly an unexpected set of developments, brought forth in a way i never expected their relationship to progress. The shed and later the cafeteria scenes left a profound impression on me, which can be summed up as:
what the heck did i just watch O.o

Seriously ... i think my brain excused itself about halfway through the episode and fled the scene, never to return ... at least not fully anyway, i am quite certain i felt a good deal of braincells catching fire and evaporating in agonizing flashes. This whole episode was so unorthodox and awkward (bordering on stupid at times) it was downright embarrassing to watch at times. I seriously hope the following arcs will feature more grounded interactions and mental side of things, both from the guy and the other females, because otherwise i fear for permanent brain tissue damage on alarming scale.

Now excuse me while i go hammer my head against a wall in a likely futile attempt to purge the interactions of these two from my memory.

*head-wall* ouch .... *slam* geh ... i am going to feel this in the morning .... *crack* ehehe ...heheee ... it is working! *crash*

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-07-16 at 02:53.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:14   Link #703
RisArk

Hey, more Hibiki. Can't complain.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:28   Link #704
bigdeath

@Mentar

woeing a girl is like a sport, thanks for giving us the score.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2010-07-16 at 11:19.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:43   Link #705
Bombo
TSF Fans

What a spoiled girl LOOOOOOL...this is awesome ..both of them awesome and crazy in the cafeteria.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:44   Link #706
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

By the way is it just me. Or did Morishima's dress get wider along the waist area in this episode? Especially during the part before she talked to Hibiki. I do wish the showed more of her relationship with her relatives.
ALSO, Those 15 guest I see? Go ahead and sign up and talk with us please.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:44   Link #707
thefeared

LOL, one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. And I'm going to continue. I think I got more laughs out of this than anything in recent memory, though I don't know if that's a good thing.

Quote:
Seriously ... i think my brain excused itself about halfway through the episode and fled the scene, never to return ... at least not filly anyway, i am quite certain i felt a good deal of braincells catching fire and evaporating in agonizing flashes.
+1. More are gonna die though hahahaha.
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:02   Link #708
Itlandm
Porcupine

Do you NOW understand why I worry about the continuing head attachment of the characters? This couple just don't have a supply of sanity that measures up to their sex drives. Their little rational minds are like a puddle hit by a lorry wheel - it just goes SQUISH in the blink of an eye, to slowly regroup and get squished again. Woof! Meow!

I also take issue with the notion that the genre is about wish fulfillment. It may seem that way if you are a DVD user, stopping the movie at the panty shot (or loli bathing or whatever your fetish is) to fulfill your own wishes. But if you watch it continuously as on TV, the typical "harem" anime is quite the opposite: The male lead is repeatedly exposed to arousing situations that are followed by punishment and frustration. Only by proving himself worthy can he gradually work toward his goals. It is basically training your subconscious to not expect immediate gratification. I don't have a problem with that at all. Actually, I think it is a good thing from a moral point of view.

Not so sure about this anime though. I would not recommend it to young people right now, but it may still recover with the next arc, I suppose.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:03   Link #709
ichobi

a lot of you mix this episode up with reality. You know this one may be a little over the top, but same goes for most harem anime although they may go in a more subtle way. There is no need to supply real life theory into this episode since i believe it's for pure entertainment , and it delivered.

Most of the time when you watch romance anime they don't really go overboard thus you would feel pretty realistic about it, but most of the things that "sell" that portrayed are what people dont really do in real life. namely, all those moe features in the main girls.

I mean, as much as you would like it you can't really find sister with bro-con.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:13   Link #710
Silverwyrm

WOW awkward...twice in this episode >.>
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:22   Link #711
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wish Junichi had a foot fetish, though i can understand the back of the knee fetish.

But yeah this episode was amazing. It did a great job of capturing teen romance at it's best, and i love it for that.
Old 2010-07-16, 03:27   Link #712
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Just came across this so might be a repost, but damn funny http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11143567
If you don't have nico account
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:31   Link #713
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

OMG. Ep 3 was just.... just whoa.
Especially the kissing on the back knee. I don't think i can't watch Hinagiku from Hayate the Combat Butler without remembering that!
Old 2010-07-16, 03:31   Link #714
Thelastguardian

Episode 3 forced me to resurface for air...

It took me an hour and 19 minutes to finish episode 3. While I had prior knowledge from the game, but hot damn Jesus on a pogo stick, those were some unconventional plays they pulled off there. I didn't give much thoughts of it in the game(and manga). But seeing that on the big screen was just too much for me to handle.

My older sister, who came by because she needed something from me, was also left speechless after I showed her the licking scene...

To be fair, I am willing to give Junichi the benefit of doubt. Throughout the game, he has continuously maintained his reputation as a harmless, but nonetheless massive hentai. Him pulling a stunt like this is not exactly surprising.

(All the other characters know this as well, so they tolerate his actions...somewhat)

Of course, since you don't see some of his other antics, it is understandable that the viewer would be offended by this sudden show of...innovative plays.

As for Haruka, what can I say *shrug*

By the way, can I be your dog? I can bark

Edit:
Haruka perhaps can be seen as a curious character who constantly seeks new endeavor to maintain her interests. When think in such a way, Junichi is obviously a good match for her. He has, up to now, provided her with outrageous ideas that are unorthodox and exciting. Junichi, in turn, admired her energy and fed off her outgoing personality.
There is nothing wrong with having a casual relationship using that as the basis. Heck, most high school romance turns out to be this way.

But I question the long term commitment associated with such a shaky supply-demand situation.

For some reason, the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind came to my mind as I watched the episode. The female character, like Haruka, is also a very energetic person who 'shared' her energy with the rather dour main character. The main character, in turns, admires the girl for that. But near the end, the girl finally had enough and said 'I don't exist just to make your life complete!'

I am not advocating a platonic relationship, but it does makes you wonder how can two people, who are so different and share almost no common interests, can stay together without getting bored of one another.

Just something that came to my mind.

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2010-07-16 at 03:55. Reason: Gave it a bit more thoughts
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:41   Link #715
lionel23

Wow I thought that was one of the funniest episodes in anime I've seen in awhile. I also was facepalming at the ridiculousness of him playing along with her antics (in a good way, though!), and I thought also they were brilliant and very creative. And Haruka finally giving in to her cute side and wanting to be spoiled (meow attack, anyone?) was just sweet.

Makes me want to see Ayatsuji's arc so much more... argh, why did it have to be last!
lionel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:50   Link #716
CWW
Lurker

To quote Jason:

I don't care anymore. Just shoot me. No way there's an ounce of dignity between them. None. I won't accept it.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:56   Link #717
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Master and puppy dog role play? Check
S&M Food fetish? Check

I usually sit 5 feet from my monitor and I could clearly taste the cheese, and it tastes like.... CHEESE!

Ironically it's very much in character with Haruka and slowly but surely she's transforming him into the male version of her.

I don't even know how to make a blog post about this right now.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-07-17 at 17:46. Reason: removed the image; image replies like that aren't allowed
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 04:11   Link #718
Mentar
Banned

I hope that nobody gets this note wrong (and nobody gets offended), but the reactions on the boards are almost as hilarious as episode 3 was when I watched it. And I have to say that I had alot of fun while my braincells died ^_^

Let's not mince words, both Haruka and Junichi have some real issues. But then again, they're not supposed to be shining examples of responsible adolescents ascending to adulthood. They'll grow up eventually or not. But right now, they're pretty hilarious high school kids living out a mutual crush, nothing more, nothing less. And they should be seen and treated as such.

Yes, it's very easy to slam Junichi for being a spineless wimp, who feels no shame in acting like a dog puppy in front of the girl he loves. Yes, it's easy to slam Haruka for being a self-indulgent brat with the maturity of a green banana. But that's how people are. If I think back to my high school days, I have to say that I did some things I'd feel embarrassed about if I were confronted with them nowadays, too.

And I need to hand it to the show: It's been a fairly creative and really funny episode. And after 968123 iterations of mushy harem romance between googly-eyed idol level girls and a wussy indecisive wimp, I find it exceptionally refreshing to have a story where the guy needs to show some real persistence to get together with the girl he likes. And guess what, from their disposition, Junichi fits Haruka like a glove.

So, I'm very much looking forward to how things go from here. So many details to enjoy. For example Haruka's "Mumumumu" (100% Wilhelmina from Shakuga no Shana) while she was gathering her courage for the Nyan Nyan Attack.

Next ep, please ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 04:27   Link #719
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually have to give props to Junichi for his willingness to throw away his pride, even temporarily, to go along with Haruka's less than typical whims.

Sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do for the girl, and for being a hormonally-infused teenager completely infatuated with her, I think they managed to portray him quite well for all his desires and obsessions put together.

At the same time his bright as day infatuation and obsession clearly outlines just exactly what could easily go wrong with their relationship, but since it seems like this really isn't show where there's like some big hurdle that will try to pull them apart and eventual bring them back together (I forget the literary term for this), I guess the next episode (final episode for her arc?) isn't going to dwell on this.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 04:34   Link #720
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I actually have to give props to Junichi for his willingness to throw away his pride, even temporarily, to go along with Haruka's less than typical whims.

Sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do for the girl, and for being a hormonally-infused teenager completely infatuated with her, I think they managed to portray him quite well for all his desires and obsessions put together.

At the same time his bright as day infatuation and obsession clearly outlines just exactly what could easily go wrong with their relationship, but since it seems like this really isn't show where there's like some big hurdle that will try to pull them apart and eventual bring them back together (I forget the literary term for this), I guess the next episode (final episode for her arc?) isn't going to dwell on this.
Yet. My brains are still trying to mold itself back together. Well isn't it a marvelous thing that these arcs last 4 episodes and that there is 6 heroines? I love fast pace anime. I don't want to go through another drag like Suzuka.
Spoiler for Suzuka:
I guess I just gotta get it through my head that this is wonderfully beyond just normal and isn't as typical as everything else.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen