Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 07:10   Link #241
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah it's very difficult. Saying that i'll probably just buy the first volume released by Viz, and go about it that way. I'm rather interesting in seeing what were the anime only scenes in the first two episodes.
Yeah I want too see the differences... but than I'll be like I should read the next chapter too see if I like the new characters about to be introduced... and than before I know it I'll be all like.. damn I just read every chapter.

I know that's going to happen if I touch the manga lol...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 07:13   Link #242
Bordix

I usually avoid series which I've already read but damn this can't be ignored. This episode was intense, and I'm liking the BGMs so far.

I welcome any changes and anime only content at least I got something new to look forward to.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:26   Link #243
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And to say that 'random stuff' is happening over and over either implies that you're having great, unimaginable difficulty following the story, or that your classification of 'random stuff' covers a wider range than normal.
Um, can I have both? Sorry I’m really not into ouroboros type tales. Stories that do not focus on storytelling, but merely making the audience more and more confused are not good stories, in my opinion. I see that device as merely a childish gimmick. I’m sure there are people who liked it, but as far as I’m concerned, other then setting (exorcists) there’s no similarity between the two. D.Gray-man is so weird and random, I guess another word for it would be original, I don’t know how there could be any similarity to any series (including this one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You have the right to your opinion of course, but I question your that one line and everything else that came along with it; cause its like you're using alot of words but not really saying much.
I don’t really pay attention to how many words I use (sorry ^^). If I used more words or less words then ideal, it’s of no consequence (to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah I want too see the differences... but than I'll be like I should read the next chapter too see if I like the new characters about to be introduced... and than before I know it I'll be all like.. damn I just read every chapter.

I know that's going to happen if I touch the manga lol...
Same here. After it happened a few times you kind of get the hint.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:30   Link #244
dragon132004

Hey Guys...
There is something that's been bothering, Did Yukio leave Rin, his older brother, alone in the cemetery to be killed and be exterminate of by the Knight Order?
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 08:33   Link #245
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
There is something that's been bothering, Did Yukio leave Rin, his older brother, alone in the cemetery to be killed and be exterminate of by the Knight Order?
No, they appeared after he called, which was after everyone left.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:43   Link #246
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
No, they appeared after he called, which was after everyone left.
Hope so.. because from the preview it looks like he wish for his death.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:55   Link #247
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
Hope so.. because from the preview it looks like he wish for his death.
Go watch the opening.
Old 2011-04-25, 09:26   Link #248
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Um, can I have both? Sorry I’m really not into ouroboros type tales. Stories that do not focus on storytelling, but merely making the audience more and more confused are not good stories, in my opinion. I see that device as merely a childish gimmick. I’m sure there are people who liked it, but as far as I’m concerned, other then setting (exorcists) there’s no similarity between the two. D.Gray-man is so weird and random, I guess another word for it would be original, I don’t know how there could be any similarity to any series (including this one).
*points to self*

Yeah, I like Convoluted Conspiracy stories.

But back to the original point, you're right in that there shouldn't be any similarities been this and DGM, however people would still forever link the words 'Exorcist' with DGM.

Quote:
I don’t really pay attention to how many words I use (sorry ^^). If I used more words or less words then ideal, it’s of no consequence (to me).
My apologises, I was just being defensive.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:26   Link #249
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Good start and the changes they made actually managed to add some substance such as the first episode highlighting how one of the few things Rin is actually good at being cooking and giving the other exorcists aside from Fujimoto something to do, giving an early look at some of the skills we may see later on. The little added scene of them as young kids with Fujimoto taking their picture was very sweet as well.

How exactly are they still alive after the blue flames though when the fried everyone in the first episode opening sequence? Was Satan just not trying that hard due to focusing on getting Rin before Fujimoto's body broke down?

Opening was good I thought. I like the song despite the constant change in tempo and the sequence, while not that exciting, isn't bad. One thing I really liked is right before we cut to the scene of Rin laying down in the rain, you see someone who is clearly Father Fujimoto walk past Rin. I thought it was a nice touch.

It's been a good spring season so far for anime I think.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:50   Link #250
larethian

I'm the complete opposite. If I watch an anime without reading the manga, I'll find it a hassle to go read the manga on covered content. But not the other way round. This was really very much fleshed out in the anime.

Spoiler for differences for ep 1 & 2 from manga:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:21   Link #251
dragon132004

Guys... some avatars for episode 2 please?
Old 2011-04-25, 13:22   Link #252
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old 2011-04-25, 14:50   Link #253
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Started watching the anime today I did read two chapters of the Manga, but anyway I love the music its awesome haven't heard such great BGM since the Guin Saga anime. The anime in my opinion isn't really like D.Gray Man it seems less dark and less evil then it and doesn't have such a sense of helplessness that D Gray man has. Rin looks pretty cool but I would have join Satan
Old 2011-04-26, 02:58   Link #254
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sigh I caved in and started the manga Oh well looking forward to how the anime fleshes things out and looking forward to Satou Rina's character.
Old 2011-04-26, 03:12   Link #255
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sigh I caved in and started the manga Oh well looking forward to how the anime fleshes things out and looking forward to Satou Rina's character.
At least you broke down and read the manga before i did.
Old 2011-04-26, 03:13   Link #256
larethian

Quote:
Gahahahaha! So you got spoilt on Yukio 1 week earlier. For me I'm looking forward to Hanazawa Kana's Shiemi. I can already imagine her voice in the manga.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 03:33   Link #257
Westlo
Lets be reality

I liked Shiemi a lot more than I expected, prefer her later on look with the slightly longer hair and other changes. Needless to say Hanazawa Kana is perfect for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At least you broke down and read the manga before i did.
It happened exactly how I said it would too! I only meant to read upto Shiemi's introduction and next thing I know I'm upto chapter 16! Guess I'll finish it up tonight...
Old 2011-04-26, 04:01   Link #258
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Only thing I noticed they cut out from the content of chapter 1 was:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Otherwise the added material was all pretty awesome imo, though I wish the Father was more badass (not that he wasn't).
Old 2011-04-26, 04:20   Link #259
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm the complete opposite. If I watch an anime without reading the manga, I'll find it a hassle to go read the manga on covered content. But not the other way round. This was really very much fleshed out in the anime.

Spoiler for differences for ep 1 & 2 from manga:

From all what you have mentioned here... I am really glad that I stopped picking up the manga once I heard the anime version announcement (I don't wanna spoil the fun). Its because from what I see so far, the anime version is much better and is doing a better job in conveying the characters feelings to the viewers and the story has smoother flow.. That's prop. for the anime production staff that they came up with such approach, I ought to admire that part of the anime scriptwriters and I am liking the anime way more now thanks to their efforts.
Old 2011-04-26, 05:44   Link #260
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
This is Devil May Cry meets Naruto. And since I don't like those two shows and the manga is on-going, chances are they will make an anime-only storyline that will end rushed and bizarre. i don't expect something good out of this.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen