AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-05, 05:24   Link #41
Sir_Crocodile
Mr.0

It would be cool If they later on get the legendary Battleship Pluton as their replacement ship.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:02   Link #42
Chuixupu
Shikachu

There's been so much talk about why it's really important that the weapon is never ressurected, so I don't know about that...
Old 2006-02-05, 18:02   Link #43
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

If anything, Franky's likely to use elements from the Pluton's blueprints in designing the new ship. Unless of course, they find the Oro Jackson sitting in a dock in Enies Lobby
Old 2006-02-05, 19:42   Link #44
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, the thing is, either they're going to have a temporary ship until a new one is built, or, Franky already HAS been working to build a new ship and it's already nearly finished - maybe the 200 million had something to do with that. I think that's highly possible. It's almost certain that whatever Franky spent that money on is going to end up helping the Strawhats in some way.

And if you think about it, Franky's "dream ship" can't be Pluton, because that's someone else's design, not his own.
Old 2006-02-06, 17:42   Link #45
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

spoilers about going merry's fate.

it was kicked off a ledge by kaku and was swallowed up by aqua laguna. they could always make a replica going merry, but i don't think it'd be accepted with open arms. i'd personally like to see a more impressive-sized ship, but with a bit of humor too (like a sheep head).
Old 2006-02-06, 17:47   Link #46
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato_D
they could always make a replica going merry, but i don't think it'd be accepted with open arms. i'd personally like to see a more impressive-sized ship, but with a bit of humor too (like a sheep head).
As Iceburg and Kaku explained, they really can't make a replica of Merry, because no two trees are alike, and thefore no two ships. I'm sure whatever ship they get will be an upgrade in size and strength, but probably not huge, and still with a degree of charm and personality. If Franky builds it, it will have a lot of firepower. Which would definately be cool for Usopp, who can finally make adequate use of his marksman skills on the ship.
Old 2006-02-08, 22:05   Link #47
d.Lughie

I think the ship will definitely be replaced... There was a rumour that one of luffy's crew will die or in any way gone... it probably is the going merry...

but i hope when it is replaced the symbol of the going merry, the sheep head.. is not replaced... ^^.... its the best part there... where luffy always sit.. it wouldnt be fun if the head is replaced too....
Old 2006-02-08, 22:27   Link #48
strategos

Probably some pieces of the Going Merry Survived.
But still is One Piece, so probably it will be the same like when the Bird Guy (who name I forgot) from Arabasta took the bomb and later he survived.
Then Probably Franky will Fusion his ship with the Merry and create Going Merry Mach 2

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2006-02-09, 00:05   Link #49
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Nope...Merry's gone.
Old 2006-02-09, 10:28   Link #50
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
As Iceburg and Kaku explained, they really can't make a replica of Merry, because no two trees are alike, and thefore no two ships. I'm sure whatever ship they get will be an upgrade in size and strength, but probably not huge, and still with a degree of charm and personality. If Franky builds it, it will have a lot of firepower. Which would definately be cool for Usopp, who can finally make adequate use of his marksman skills on the ship.
Remember when Tom said to Franky something like "take pride in the ships you build" and that it was never "the ships fault." Like some of the peeps already suggested, Luffy's next ship could very well be Pluton. Won't it be sweet when the world government finds out that Luffy gangs are now riding a ship that has enough fire power to destroy a continent or two? I foresee another increase of bounty on the Luffy-gang in the near future and may be this time, Usopp will have a manlier pose for his bounty portrait.
Old 2006-02-09, 10:56   Link #51
Slayerx

I don't think it will be Pluton... the strawhats may have the whole world coming after them, but the Pluton would be going overboard... I mean, the ship is said to be capable of destroying the world... not to mention you got to take into account of what would happen if the ship ever got captured... Franky knows first hands what happens when a good ship falls into the wrong hands... Also Robin has always said that she just wanted to now the history, and yet she and Ohara were accused of wanting to bring back the ancient weapons... even at a time like this, i'm not sure if she would just go ahead and prove the gov't was right when they said she was dangerous... I mean, this is a desperate time, but i think Pluton is a bit overboard...

No... what i predict... is um... something that pays some homage to the going merry... Something like, "Going merry II: Battle Franky special" =P

I can't help but think that when this enlies lobby thing is over, franky is gonna design them a ship, and Galley-la is gonna help build it...
Old 2006-02-09, 15:52   Link #52
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Remember, before the sea train hit Franky, he said to Tom that he would build his own Dreamship. Perhaps he will build that dreamship for the strawhats.

Its quite fitting, Tom made the ship for the former Pirate King. Franky apprentice of Tom, makes the ship for the future PirateKing.
Old 2006-02-09, 16:12   Link #53
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Franky knows first hands what happens when a good ship falls into the wrong hands...
Then him building Pluton for them would be a good indication of how much he trusts them. However, I don't think he'll build Pluton either. Not fitting for the crew's intentions.
Old 2006-02-09, 18:14   Link #54
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Then him building Pluton for them would be a good indication of how much he trusts them.
When i said "the wrong hands" i wasn't talking about the straw hat's hands... i was talking about the possibility that the ship might get stolen from the straw hats... Such as that the straw hats loosing in a battle against the marines or pirates... or while the straw hats left the ship behind to go on leand or into town, the crew member/s left behind might get attacked by an enemy they can't beat alone... He may make it for the straw hats, but there's always the risk that someone mihgt take it from them
Old 2006-02-09, 18:16   Link #55
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, given the recent manga chapter and the fact that the plans for Pluton just got torched, it won't be Pluton that'll be their next ship, but rather something similar or even better possibly.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:02   Link #56
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
When i said "the wrong hands" i wasn't talking about the straw hat's hands... i was talking about the possibility that the ship might get stolen from the straw hats... Such as that the straw hats loosing in a battle against the marines or pirates... or while the straw hats left the ship behind to go on leand or into town, the crew member/s left behind might get attacked by an enemy they can't beat alone... He may make it for the straw hats, but there's always the risk that someone mihgt take it from them
No shit. My point was that he'd show that he trusts the Strawhats never to let the ship fall into the wrong hands.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:08   Link #57
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Gah, Lord Raiden, I haven't read 399 yet, thanks for the spoiler. It's not actually OUT yet and I don't read spoilers.
Old 2006-02-10, 11:40   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Well, given the recent manga chapter and the fact .......................................... it won't be Pluton that'll be their next ship, but rather something similar or even better possibly.
That doesn't leave out the possibility that someone might have the plan in their head. Predicting Oda is mighty difficult anyway.
Old 2006-02-10, 20:17   Link #59
opanime

Send a message via AIM to opanime Send a message via Yahoo to opanime
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetrall-sama
Well, with the abilities of the Luffy-crew it wouldnt be so hard to hijack another pirate ship..
What do you mean "with the abilities of the Luffy-crew"?? The luffy-crew is one of the strongest crew out there.. they've had so many chances to take other pirates' ships.. and yet they havent...
Old 2006-02-10, 20:43   Link #60
Sinned

Unknowing to all....Franky has a photographic memory, so even though he knew that someday the government would get him, he memorized the Pluton blueprints and always had the option of burning it, as he did. Besides, we dont know what the dimentions are for the ship: could be big or could be small...who knows at this point. My bet is on Franky building the Pluton, but in a way where it would only need a few crew members to operate. If Pluton is too big, then modify it so that Strawhats can sail it.
Closed Thread