AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-06, 02:10   Link #241
LightDragonman

Really? Cause I'm still not seeing how it has sunk just yet.

And since I'd rather not type it all out again, just check what I have predicted in other threads.

Course, I'm probably just being delusional.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:14   Link #242
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Honestly, I think even Pino would abandon that ship by now.
Honestly, if there is one ship i'm not counting out, it's HarutoXShoko. Dude already said that he will continue loving her, and it's safe to assume, i think anyway, that Shoko will feel bad for what she's done and accept Haruto again.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:14   Link #243
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post

Mecha however, is a genre where the first love principle hardly ever makes it out in one piece. I can only think of very few examples. (Allelujah Haptism & Marie from 00 being the first one that comes to mind)
I know this is completely unrelated, but I liked the chemistry he had with Sumeragi. I remember listening to the sound episodes. Hallelujah is the man.

On topic: I don't think they could fix the problem in 3 episodes unless something drastic happens to seal the HarutoxShouko pairing for good.

Haruto said he "loved" her in past tense and then changed it to give Kyuuma peace of mind.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:16   Link #244
username31

Quote:
Honestly, I think even Pino would abandon that ship by now.
but that Pino ship them so hard in S1 is so funny...

Haruto has big deathflag on him...in the end he won't end up with anyone...

now i ship Akira x Thunder...hope both will alive till the end
Old 2013-12-06, 02:19   Link #245
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Really? Cause I'm still not seeing how it has sunk just yet.

And since I'd rather not type it all out again, just check what I have predicted in other threads.

Course, I'm probably just being delusional.
Haruto has spent little time with Saki all season, and he had done nothing to move that ship forward at all. He's always been shown to think of Shoko first for the most part, and he has admitted that he loves her an always will.

I can't see them pairing him with Saki after all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
Honestly, if there is one ship i'm not counting out, it's HarutoXShoko. Dude already said that he will continue loving her, and it's safe to assume, i think anyway, that Shoko will feel bad for what she's done and accept Haruto again.
That's what I meant. They were saying that Pino was for the Saki x Haruto ship, but I'm saying that ship's so dead in the water, even Pino's not behind it anymore.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 02:22   Link #246
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Saki X Future

2,000 years in the making

The True OTP

Not really a joke, but it's a sad reality for her.

I just want to see her happy after going through all of this. She's my favorite female character in VV.

I'm not gonna lie and say I wouldn't mind if they decided to pull a L-Elf x Saki end.

This is Valvrave, after all. We've seen stranger things.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:22   Link #247
_Misfit

Quote:
That's what I meant. They were saying that Pino was for the Saki x Haruto ship, but I'm saying that ship's so dead in the water, even Pino's not behind it anymore.
Oh, my bad! You know how jokes can go over one's head when text is involved.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:24   Link #248
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by username31 View Post
but that Pino ship them so hard in S1 is so funny...

Haruto has big deathflag on him...in the end he won't end up with anyone...

now i ship Akira x Thunder...hope both will alive till the end
I would ship the two of them together, a nice mix of the shut-in and the thug with his heart in the right place. Plus, seeing Satomi disapprove of him would be hilarious.

If I was to name my ships they would be: Haruto x Shoko (if both survive), Lise x L-elf, Saki x A-drei, Raizou x Akira, Satomi x Takahi, and maybe even Takumi x Rion.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 02:26   Link #249
_Misfit

Quote:
I would ship the two of them together, a nice mix of the shut-in and the thug with his heart in the right place. Plus, seeing Satomi disapprove of him would be hilarious.

If I was to name my ships they would be: Haruto x Shoko (if both survive), Lise x L-elf, Saki x A-drei, Raizou x Akira, Satomi x Takahi, and maybe even Takumi x Rion.
You pretty much share all of my ships. Thumbs up!
Old 2013-12-06, 02:32   Link #250
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I can't believe some of you are still delusion enough to ship Saki and A-drei... And I also sincerely hope that Saki won't either. Pairing the rest and leftover? Please! My Saki deserved better than this crap...
Old 2013-12-06, 02:34   Link #251
LightDragonman

I know right? Course, maybe it'll come as a result of Stockholm Syndrome. I hope not.

She still apparently cares for Haruto. Not to mention that she'll probably be the one to tell Haruto that he's not alone, and once again offer to share his burden. Maybe he'll finally accept her offer.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:34   Link #252
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I can't believe some of you are still delusion enough to ship Saki and A-drei... And I also sincerely hope that Saki won't either. Pairing the rest and leftover? Please! My Saki deserved better than this crap...
The only reason I ship those two is because, and I've said this before, they are the best looking male and female characters on the show. I don't think it's gonna come true or anything, I just like seeing beautiful people together. I can't be a bad guy for that right?
Old 2013-12-06, 02:39   Link #253
LightDragonman

Booooooooring.

In all seriousness though, I see where you are coming from. I just don't agree with it.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:41   Link #254
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
The only reason I ship those two is because, and I've said this before, they are the best looking male and female characters on the show. I don't think it's gonna come true or anything, I just like seeing beautiful people together. I can't be a bad guy for that right?
Considering who fault is that Saki get that humiliation treatment and that live execution to get exposed as a monster which essentially and permanently ended her career as a idol with no way of a come back(THAT HER FUCKING DREAM FOR GOD SAKE!). So yeah, I do think you or anyone who think this laughable relationship will work is a "bad guy".
Old 2013-12-06, 02:43   Link #255
_Misfit

Fair enough. They still look good together though.

I still think A-Drei can redeem himself. Not for the sake of the ship or anything, but if anyone is gonna help Saki out at the moment, it's him.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:44   Link #256
Irenesharda

Quote:
I've been a silent advocate of theirs since she got sectioned off with him in episode 16. I just like that sort of romantic plotline of the two people from two different sides of the war falling in love, usually because one of the two got captured an now finds out how the other half lives, with both realizing that the other isn't what they through they'd be. Miriallia and Dearka was my favorite paring in SEED, and Saki x A-drei would be the same if they actually do it.

You can call it a guilty pleasure of mine, but I don't care, I like it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 02:45   Link #257
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Too bad that he is a Dorssian and it have to be a Dorssian who ended her first "real" friend's life. Maybe in a friendlier and much nicer circumstance, I might accept it...
Old 2013-12-06, 02:46   Link #258
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Considering who fault is that Saki get that humiliation treatment and that live execution to get exposed as a monster which essentially and permanently ended her career as a idol with no way of a come back(THAT HER FUCKING DREAM FOR GOD SAKE!). So yeah, I do think you or anyone who think this laughable relationship will work is a "bad guy".
Unfortunately, I get the feeling that this show likes to sweep certain things under the rug

From my perspective they still haven't resolved episode 10 properly
and I'm pretty damn sure they'll whitewash what happened in episode 21 as well

but really, HaruShoko is a ship that leaves and incredibly bad aftertaste right now
especially since they seem to be implying that the misfortune of other characters: Saki/Lieselotte/Kyuma only served to make sure this ship will sail
and to think Shoko still hasn't heard about episode 10 yet
boy, can't wait for her hissy fit on that (not)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-06, 02:49   Link #259
_Misfit

I don't care if it actually happens or not. I'll state that again. Just don't be surprised if/when they end up on friendlier terms.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:53   Link #260
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I don't care what their relationship is either as long as it not a romantic one.