AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-09, 12:58   Link #161
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Oh, you guys...

Give me a good imagination of how will Ryuuji react once he knows Ami likes him for real.
Slowly but surely the planets will align causing the world to panic thinking the apocalypses has finally arrived. Then we will see an enormous explosion as the sun goes nova burning bright in the sky. Most of us get light bulbs when have realization but Ryu's will disrupt the space time continuum once he figures Ami likes him.

If he figures it out.
Old 2009-02-09, 13:13   Link #162
wynaut
Photoshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
But Minori doesn't know how to love, just how sad is that?
she does, but maybe she's just too afraid to show it.. i guess
Old 2009-02-09, 13:19   Link #163
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it was during the beach episodes, when she said she wanted to feel like that for someone but hasn't met anyone like that yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory's not the best around~
Old 2009-02-09, 13:54   Link #164
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Ami is a third wheel.

Or fifth wheel at this point.

Yeah I said it.

Still love this show, and everyone in it.
I wish I was the axle...
Old 2009-02-09, 13:58   Link #165
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Slowly but surely the planets will align causing the world to panic thinking the apocalypses has finally arrived. Then we will see an enormous explosion as the sun goes nova burning bright in the sky. Most of us get light bulbs when have realization but Ryu's will disrupt the space time continuum once he figures Ami likes him.

If he figures it out.
Yeah lol he's an idiot so i can imagine him to not know till the end ami's feelings ...
Old 2009-02-09, 14:02   Link #166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I wish I was the axle...
That sounds so wrong
Old 2009-02-09, 14:15   Link #167
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think it was during the beach episodes, when she said she wanted to feel like that for someone but hasn't met anyone like that yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory's not the best around~
Yup, that speech was kinda of "haruhistic", the thing about ghost and aliens... Ryuuji asked directly to her about if she has or not a boyfriend, then Minori answered him with a question: "Takasu-kun, have you ever seen ghosts?" and then she starts to say that she believed in ghosts but she never saw them and that she doesnt believe in the people who said they've seen them. After that she said that she thinks she'll fall in love and become happy, but she never had that feeling for anyone, moreover, she feels distant to those who talk about love... so, she thinks that if ghosts doesnt exists, she'll never see them, so she is gonna give up...

Then she asked to Ryuuji: "have you ever seen ghosts?" (are you in love?)

What was Ryuuji's answer: "I think I can see them" (yes, i think i'm in love), and he continued: "When someone who believes in ghost sees a ghost, they'll get shocked too, there are some who will continue to think they don't exist even if they see it, but there is also some who will see because they try their best... That's why you can't be sure that you'll never see it... I think it would be great if you can see ghosts, perhaps there are ghosts that want to be seen by you"...

Now, remember that Ryuuji and Taiga want to scare Minori but she did notice it and she was playing fool.... she knows that it was Ryuuji and mentioned the seaweed ghost (can you see the connection?, Minori already knows Ryuuji's feeling about her). Minori ends with a "I wonder when i'll see the ghost".

After that day and the courage test at the cave and the big failure of Ryuuji's and Taiga's plans, Minori asked to Ryuuji why he wanted to scare her... and Ryuuji's said: "I wanted to show you ghosts, i want you to believe that ghost exists, Even if you can see it, it's too early for you to give up"... then Kushieda started to speak about chase UFO's, etc, but she finally said that if they (she and Ryuuji) continued to search for things that she wants to see, if he continued changing her world... then she will...

i dont know... believe in ghost?, UFOs? or maybe she will believe in love.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:22   Link #168
mrmarvel90

itd be the ultimate twist if ryujii ended up with ami. i wonder how everyone would react to that...
Old 2009-02-09, 14:24   Link #169
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not many people would have a problem with that, really. Quite frankly, tho... it would never happen. I think.

Old 2009-02-09, 14:24   Link #170
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarvel90 View Post
itd be the ultimate twist if ryujii ended up with ami. i wonder how everyone would react to that...
Pretty simple... is a certain possibility, so i wouldn't be so shocked...
Old 2009-02-09, 14:29   Link #171
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would be shocked, but not displeased. Frankly, my view is that with Ami and Minorin at-hand, if Ryuuji chooses Taiga he should be summarily institutionalized.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:31   Link #172
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But that's exactly what makes the show interesting
How will Ryuuji be on good terms with everyone if he picks one over the others? He can't hold back forever, his feelings are like a time bomb and christmas is at hand~
Old 2009-02-09, 14:35   Link #173
Fran~
floating away...

Ryuuji isnt holding back, he is openly in love of Minori, Taiga knows it, Amin knows it... even Minori knows it.

Interesting would be if Ami or Taiga replaced Minori in Ryuuji's heart.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:40   Link #174
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just can't see Minori with Ryuuji...even though he loves her and all, she's soooo indifferent of Ryuuji himself-their only link is Taiga, and that makes their relationship somewhat shallow.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:42   Link #175
Fran~
floating away...

Indiferent?... if she is indiferent then why she is suffering so much?... and you can tell when that started... When Ami said about the "guilty thing"... in that moment Minori realized her love to Ryuuji.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:43   Link #176
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
I just can't see Minori with Ryuuji...even though he loves her and all, she's soooo indifferent of Ryuuji himself-their only link is Taiga, and that makes their relationship somewhat shallow.
You sir, are wrong imo. Minori is anything but indifferent when it comes to Ryuuji. =)
Old 2009-02-09, 14:43   Link #177
mrmarvel90

i think thats whats going to happen, to me he doesn't seem as sure as he was in the beginning. say he does get minorin, wouldn't that distance him from taiga? would it start to make him miss taiga?
Old 2009-02-09, 14:44   Link #178
SkoolRumble4Ya

He will definitely miss Taiga from his reactions.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:49   Link #179
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
You sir, are wrong imo. Minori is anything but indifferent when it comes to Ryuuji. =)
Maybe I am...could you get me an instance where Minori talked to Ryuuji without him or Taiga taking the initiative?
Old 2009-02-09, 15:00   Link #180
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Maybe I am...could you get me an instance where Minori talked to Ryuuji without him or Taiga taking the initiative?
Not from the top of my head, no, cause I haven't really looked for anything like that. My point though is that she is keeping her distance because she does have feelings for him.