Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 13:03   Link #261
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
I'm starting to miss the original plot, goddess Medaka gets her lover Zenkichi to do things for her because she needs him

What's going on right now seems like an ordinary high school plot
QFT oh well, we'll just have to wait for a few more chapters for us to see any actual plot
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:04   Link #262
Jourdal

That is true..i've forgotten all about Medaka X Zenkichi..not completely but him and Akune being so civil makes me forget...
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:30   Link #263
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

dunno how the mangaka would manage to keep the humor up when medaka's "godmode cliche" is starting to get really old and its only been 9 chapters =_=
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 14:18   Link #264
Arturro

Guys we all were pissed during "Akune arc", some people were even mentioning about dropping this series. Pace of plot must change, now we have some slow/comedy chapters. In such chapters author could:
- introduce new characters;
- tell us more about some background characters;
- make Akune more like "second Zenkichi" than "bishi bastard".

BTW I have a feeling one of those swimming club trio will soon join council as a treasurer

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 14:30   Link #265
Jourdal

That makes sense since they're all money grubbing bastards..perhaps the medaka clone? the council needs another girl.
Old 2009-07-04, 15:43   Link #266
Somnus
Eh?

I'm curious as to who the treasurer is going to be. Though on another note, greedy swim girl lookalike made for a good eye candy first appearance...then Medaka showed up in a swimsuit and I forgot her name.

I also want more Zenkichi x Medaka...or something that would happen to Zenkichi that would phase Medaka, since most things that happen to her directly don't really affect her (even winning a boat load of cash apparently).
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 20:40   Link #267
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
In twenty chapters time I honestly wouldn't be surprised if general consensus is that Akune is awesome....
It's been 2-3 chapters since I said that and the hate has died down, let's see if I'm right
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 20:48   Link #268
Johnny
Working the bags...

No I still hate him, but not going to be a broken record about it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:48   Link #269
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
It's been 2-3 chapters since I said that and the hate has died down, let's see if I'm right
Not quite true, I still want to kill him along with other jerk& bitch from other manga series.Truly I am

*Destroy last Sandbag in my Cell with a good Bruce Lee punch, must pick a fight for training tomorrow*

About Zekichi x Medaka relationship, Medaka always boasting she will never belong to only one person, but IMO she think that Zenkichi always belong to her alone, What an Arrogant girl, but it's look good on me, she's must be Dictarian's too, just like me

I hope some Love-rival girl will come to Student council or Zenkichi's life, be it from the same school or from different grade, Gunning Zenkichi and cath his attention. May be with Gentle personality but strong candidates (smart,rich,pretty,sexy,artist) for his girlfriend.

Medaka in other hand, too busy to fulfill request from Medaka box and overlooked it till it's too late. They already go on a date, and there will be another type of Medaka...Jealous one or Tsundere one or may be Berserker one

Last edited by surerman; 2009-07-05 at 00:58.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 09:30   Link #270
Westlo
Lets be reality

Meh Medaka Box fell into the Bottom 5 of WSJ TOC, this would've been after the dog chapter.

2009-33 Bottom 5

ToLoveRu
Medaka
Bakuman
Akaboshi
Kuroko

Hopefully it bounces back up.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 10:21   Link #271
alamarco
Why hello there!

If that's the bottom 5, than that's terrible. 2 of my favourite manga are listed there in Bakuman and To-LOVE-Ru.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 10:36   Link #272
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... We're talking about Weekly Shounen Jump here. I think almost everyone of us here can easily guess the reverse order of the list (the Top 5).

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 10:44   Link #273
aulzon

Isn't ToLoveRu constantly on the bottom 3 or 5 though. I read in Bakuman (ironically enough) that its because its more embarrassing for young males to vote in for ToLoveRu but its still really popular.

I really hope Bakuman goes further though.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:49   Link #274
Jourdal

Yea lol i remember reading that, that the parents hand in the votes for their kids so they are too ashamed to vote for to love ru.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:58   Link #275
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Isn't ToLoveRu constantly on the bottom 3 or 5 though. I read in Bakuman (ironically enough) that its because its more embarrassing for young males to vote in for ToLoveRu but its still really popular.

I really hope Bakuman goes further though.
Ah, forgot about that chapter. Kind of funny, with the rankings the way they are. I think they mentioned To-LOVE-Ru, I" and Ichigo 100%?

I hope for Bakuman sake it continues. Bakuman is shedding light on the entire manga industry and it's quite pleasing. Anyone who has read Bakuman has become much more knowledgeable about their hobby.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:06   Link #276
ZODDGUTS

To-loveru and bakuman are safe because of it's good tank sales to back it up. Kuroko, Akaboshi and Medaka on the other hand not so much.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:53   Link #277
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Medaka is still new, it's not even (okay, it's close) to a dozen chapters to make something of a good overall remark.

Still early, still early...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 16:29   Link #278
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I hope some Love-rival girl will come to Student council or Zenkichi's life, be it from the same school or from different grade, Gunning Zenkichi and cath his attention. May be with Gentle personality but strong candidates (s
isn't that shiranai?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 18:06   Link #279
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Meh Medaka Box fell into the Bottom 5 of WSJ TOC, this would've been after the dog chapter.

2009-33 Bottom 5

ToLoveRu
Medaka
Bakuman
Akaboshi
Kuroko

Hopefully it bounces back up.
how many mangas are running?
Old 2009-07-10, 19:51   Link #280
Jourdal

Raws out

Spoiler for Raw: