AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 22:16   Link #21
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
eh, just watched this entire series, and loved it. The Aozora scene was a little overdone, i think.

I guess it's one of those animes that doesn't make you feel sad until you stop to think about it after it ends. Damn, wish there was more.

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:40   Link #22
flair627
asdf

Actually, I always thought that the 1000th summer, the year that the curse was broken, wasnt actually when Misuzu died with good memories and Yukito in turn flew them to the girl in the sky. I think that this happened a couple of years after the 1000th summer....and that the 1000th summer is the year that the two children were born, the two children we see walking down hand in hand on the beach in the end. I think that these two are Misuzu/Kanna and Yukito/Ryu reincarnated...made possible with all those overlapping timelines in this anime (like Sora being able to suddenly appear all the way back at the beginning).

If i remember correctly, the two children weren't there the first time Yukito and Misuzu met, and only showed in their meeting when Sora was there...
flair627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 03:30   Link #23
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by flair627 View Post
If i remember correctly, the two children weren't there the first time Yukito and Misuzu met, and only showed in their meeting when Sora was there...
Actually, the 2 children were there but they didn't show it in the 1st episode.

Quote:
AIR TV Ep 1 (around 5min 17sec or so)

Misuzu: Will you go to the beach?

Yukito: Why would I?

Misuzu: Because I want to play

Yukito: Huh?

Misuzu: Yesterday, the little kids were playing at the beach. I kept thinking that it seemed fun & that I wanted to play too, while next to the sleeping you.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:47   Link #24
flair627
asdf

Ah well, then I'd like to think that the moment Yukito met Misuzu, it was destined that the curse would be broken ^^
flair627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:18   Link #25
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
Hello. I'm new here.

Ah yes, Air TV , the ending in itself is left much to the viewer's intepretation as the show itself is filled with symbolism of many sorts. Any ways Air TV was the anime that made me hooked into anime indefinitely. Since many has posted their thoughts on the ending I guess the least I could do is to post a link that helped me answer some of the similar questions I had too after watching the anime.

http://cupped-expressions.net/air/

Sorry if it is very old, and please do remember that this is also one of many ways to interpret the show...^_^
Lord Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:32   Link #26
Snowgoose

Another newbie, though I've been simply reading the forums for sometime. Forums are deathly scary to me. >.>

This probably isn't so much of an explanation/theory, but I somehow draw a little visual symbolism with the Kids On the Beach with Kanna and Ryuuya's art in the Summer Special ED. Both of them are holding hands. Both of them are in front of the beach. And like in the AIR logo, Ryuuya is just a little offscreen, and we see both of them from their backs.

I know it probably refers to Kanna's 'unspoken wish' to live by the sea, the last 'dream' she had with Ryuuya and Uraha, but the imagery remains interesting. The positioning seems a little coincidental for the usual "ED prettiness"---though of course this could have alluded to like five themes at once...
Snowgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 04:53   Link #27
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Interesting. I always thought that the little girl in the ending of AIR TV is a reincarnation of Kanna with a clean-state of memory (she also has blue hair, starkingly similar with Kanna!). The boy is more ambiguous though but I somehow think that he is part-Ryuuya, part-Yukito.

I want to play the game now so I can understand the story deeper.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 05:38   Link #28
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I hope that the boy isn't Yuuichi... for what lies beyond Yuuichi's childhood memories are cruel days as well.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 10:23   Link #29
Panky

For those who didn't understand why he turned himself into a crow... re-view episode 1. You will see a crow, maybe that would help. It's incredible how they have all the events of the history created before they finish it.

Also : a curious thing is the name of the sake ; read it : Journeying crow

Another : see 14:38 when he runs the dog, you will see a television with something that looks the samurai history beyond this history.

Last edited by Panky; 2006-12-01 at 10:39.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 01:15   Link #30
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
Another newbie, though I've been simply reading the forums for sometime. Forums are deathly scary to me. >.>

This probably isn't so much of an explanation/theory, but I somehow draw a little visual symbolism with the Kids On the Beach with Kanna and Ryuuya's art in the Summer Special ED. Both of them are holding hands. Both of them are in front of the beach. And like in the AIR logo, Ryuuya is just a little offscreen, and we see both of them from their backs.

I know it probably refers to Kanna's 'unspoken wish' to live by the sea, the last 'dream' she had with Ryuuya and Uraha, but the imagery remains interesting. The positioning seems a little coincidental for the usual "ED prettiness"---though of course this could have alluded to like five themes at once...
Interesting viewpoint. I actually have thought of this a little myself in addition to a few things I know that many probably haven't thought about. Although I doubt the anime's writers thought of it this deeply.

Ryuuya did say a line back during the last scene with Kanna about bringing her to the Ocean. and he actually said (at least in one of the sub versions) he'd like it to be on the western side of Japan where the water was warmer.

I am uncertain of this part which the general area where the Summer Arc takes place. From Koi's notes, they say it could be Kishuu, or Kii province which is on the eastern side of Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kii

Interestingly enough the modern day setting of the AIR story takes place in a real town called Kami (formerly called Katsumi) which is on western shore of Japan... Numerous scenes and locations are identical to those of the real life town.

Even if the story's setting can't be verified as the town of Kami, the anime itself proves it's on the western side of Japan because they show the sun setting over the ocean in the west, something you can't see on most of the eastern shores.

I don't think viewers were meant to research it this deeply or if it was even done on purpose by Key or the writers. But you have to wonder...
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 19:18   Link #31
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

Just a little random thought:

I know Misuzu was just basically Kanna's spirit reincarnated into a whole new body (or something along those lines), but did anyone want to still see Misuzu with full fledged wings like I wanted to? ^^"
Rall)eon117X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 05:18   Link #32
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
I don't think viewers were meant to research it this deeply or if it was even done on purpose by Key or the writers. But you have to wonder...
I have to disagree on that point. Although I don't have a solid proof but a story like this should be deep, no they must be deep. Think about this way, the writers have places alot of effort into this story so they must've gone those extra miles and made it as deep as it is. Any writer would understand this.
Old 2007-01-07, 17:12   Link #33
x-X-MiSuZu-SX-x

Yup! I wanted to see Misuzu With wings too! I also thought that Misuzu should have carried around Yukito's doll as well as the dinosaur that her mother got her...
x-X-MiSuZu-SX-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 14:15   Link #34
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Was cruising for a series to watch and picked this up after seeing dropped in some threads. I have to say it was pretty enjoyable, though I was no fan of the end.

I don't know why but after I saw the last 2 episodes I was just kind of sick of it all. Not that I don't have a soft side (I still can't watch CC again and I put the manga in storage since it tore me apart so bad) but I think it got so big that it tore the emotion out of it. I think they just tried entirely to hard to make it so dramatic and sad.

I bet this might be due to the game since things have to be a bit bigger in that format. Though I could be wrong since I never played it. As for now I am blaming it on the game.

I wish I could explain it better, I just wish they made things a little more natural.

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 08:15   Link #35
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The ending was pretty open. I don't really get it.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:36   Link #36
Lenmiaalsa
Banned

I think Kanna is all the girls who had ailments. They all had a feather after they died. A seperated spirit...
Lenmiaalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 18:04   Link #37
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenmiaalsa View Post
I think Kanna is all the girls who had ailments. They all had a feather after they died. A seperated spirit...
Kanna is Misuzu. Her guardian, Ryuya, is Yukito. Those are both facts.
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 01:00   Link #38
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai the Dreamer View Post
Kanna is Misuzu. Her guardian, Ryuya, is Yukito. Those are both facts.
i dont think thats totaly rigth, misuzu isent actualy kanna. she's a girl born with kanna's curse, same gues for yukito he isent ryuya, he simly carrys hes scare.

the girl/girl's born with the curse like misuzu is simply there to bring back good memories to kanna to "break" the curse, yukito gave up hes body to become sora and gave misuzu more "life time" to get some good memeories with her mom.

atlest thats how i think about it
SealedTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 20:23   Link #39
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTears View Post
i dont think thats totaly rigth, misuzu isent actualy kanna. she's a girl born with kanna's curse, same gues for yukito he isent ryuya, he simly carrys hes scare.

the girl/girl's born with the curse like misuzu is simply there to bring back good memories to kanna to "break" the curse, yukito gave up hes body to become sora and gave misuzu more "life time" to get some good memeories with her mom.

atlest thats how i think about it
No, Misuzu is a partial reincarnation of Kanna. That's why she's more significant than Kano or Minagi. It's also what causes her to have pain in her "wings" and eventually die. They explain it in the "summer" arc (episodes 8-9). A human trying to contain the soul of a winged being is like trying to hold an ocean in a bucket. Eventually the human container will burst. That's what happens to Misuzu.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 23:23   Link #40
Keirn

Yeah, I read that the two children were the reincarnations of Misuzu and Yukito. Also, you do see the to children at some point during the show, Misuzu waves to them one time when they are on the beach (other than at the ending I mean)
I'm not sure which episode it is though, I'll sift through them and tell you later.

EDIT: Found it. The beginning of episode 10 just after the opening
Keirn is offline   Reply With Quote