AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 15:40   Link #6641
Gravitas Free Zone

I've been having a not-so-good afternoon session, but this was a small amusing bright spot.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I ended up holding down the western road by myself after my allies there died (amusing sidebar, our team's Sherman said "LOL gold rounds" at the round start and promptly got slaughtered Leeroy Jenkinsing). The T-43 actually bounced multiple 122mm rounds from the KV-1S and quite a bit of the Jumbo's 76mm. The arty fortunately was giving me some good support... of course, if they hadn't, they would have died.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:51   Link #6642
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So basically just be an iron wall.
Generally the churchill's are moving road blocks and are best used as a support tank although when you get to the churchill VII you get an accurate gun that has little trouble pen'ing anything and once you get an idea of where weak spots generally are on the enemies you can become a major pain in the ass.

Quote:
Wow I don't think I never did that much damage with a T-25, very impressive. Grats!
I'm surprised you didn't get an ace mastery badge as you did end up with a similar score in one of our T25 matches as well iirc.

On a random note I just noticed the brit line has an premium SPG (sexton 1) according to WoT's eu tankopedia.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 19:19   Link #6643
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Finally bought the Comet hurrah, to bad I hate it so far =I maybe it'll shine once I get the last turret/gun but so far its just a slower cromwell in matches with bigger tanks...
The Comet really starts to shine once you get the second turret, which means you can fully abuse the gun depression it has (and the turret has decent armor for the tier too). However, you'll still be undergunned (lets be frank, the 77mm is all sorts of crappy damage and pen wise), but at least now you can use those hills to your advantage by peaking out, taking shots, then moving back down the slope.

You're also still more agile by far than any other medium of your tier barring the Panther (which can out-turn you), so you can also still outflank, though you're a whole lot slower now than the Cromwell, so don't play it like one. Also remember, you're weighted in MM as a heavy, so be prepared to be on top of the list a LOT during your matches (this little fact can be annoying at times).
Old 2013-05-19, 20:45   Link #6644
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So a quick question, are all Churchills actually useless in World of Tanks? I mean, I do get lucky with my VII and get kills. But most of the time I'm either just outmaneuvered or just flat-out overwhelmed.
Churchill tank is made for angling and side scraping, if you know how tp do those trick right it is a beast.

about the Comet, now that I'm more skilled the tank feel freaking OP, no other t7 tank seem to be able to compete with it, it just overwhelme other t7 med with ease
Old 2013-05-19, 20:58   Link #6645
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Churchills have uneven armor distribution until you hit the Black Prince, where it gains reliable (albeit un-angled) front armor, and decent damage/ROF guns (the 17 pounder specifically). Until then, you best use the side skirts and angled at that.

As for the Comet, it's decent, but unlike you're an expert comet jockey like Kimi it's best that you play it from the second line, meaning never run off alone! You'll live longer! The tank doesn't have good damage or penetration (only the T-43 has worse penetration really), and despite the good ROF the accuracy of the final gun is middling. Bad aim bloom too, but it's generally eased by stabilizers.
Old 2013-05-19, 21:14   Link #6646
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i'm slowly reclimbing back up to pure 54... its gonna take me awhile to catch up to the elites in our MUP BG.

also i have a church 7 as a halfway trophy tank. I hope the i-go is a tier 1, then i don't have to buy it as a trophy tank XD.... ah that will be sweet if it is, and i'm kinda bummed out about the wz 131's 3rd gun, it feels underwhelming unless your on HEAT. tryin to unlock the 4th 85er but i need about 11k more and some several thousand creds.

dependin what they put in the jap line, i'll prolly go up that tree on the alt acct that i have.
Old 2013-05-19, 22:54   Link #6647
Pen3

Are you going to seal club back to 54?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:58   Link #6648
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Seal clubbing doesn't seem to be Touma's schtick though. Also in general we only fall back on tier 5 for stress relief, as honestly tiers 7 and up can be brutal.
Old 2013-05-19, 23:40   Link #6649
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Seal clubbing doesn't seem to be Touma's schtick though. Also in general we only fall back on tier 5 for stress relief, as honestly tiers 7 and up can be brutal.
Average tier 4.81
Old 2013-05-19, 23:50   Link #6650
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh wow, really rubbing it in huh Pen? :P

Anyway, I'm going to do tier 5s until the reset later this evening, so if he wants company I'll be fine for the usual round of seal clubbing. Unless you or Sahin invite me for high tier mayhem again.
Old 2013-05-19, 23:52   Link #6651
Pen3

I usually just solo till somebody invites me lol
Old 2013-05-20, 00:24   Link #6652
Gravitas Free Zone

I had an acceptable first game in the AMX12t; I had pre-upgraded the engine and suspension first, but was using the stock cannon; got four kills, Sniper, and a 1st class mastery badge... and I lived.

It was one of those times that doing some reading in advance helped prepare me for how to fight the thing. (Wait on second line for the fight to shape itself, don't waste shots at all, hit and run... used camo net, binos, and the EGLD.)

Still, its acceleration really is terrible; it's bad when I think the post-nerf 2801 would get off the line faster.
Old 2013-05-20, 00:24   Link #6653
Sumeragi
Banned

Since tomorrow is Victoria Day, I'll probably be up for a few hours in the morning and afternoon. Anyone what to make reservations?

Will be focusing on VK 30.01 (D), Tiger (P), and Ferdinand. VK 30.01 (D) is to get Ace Mastery Badge, the other two is grinding for researching the next tier vehicle.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:40   Link #6654
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Ute: One of my better scoring tanks, oddly enough. Which was why my frankly terrible performance with the AMX 13 75 that followed it was so galling.

Oh, and some results from platooning this afternoon with DJ_Lightbringer and Ghostie Eye again (who joined us after)

Images

Both close games, both with low prediction rates. The former game where I got Top Gun literally came down to the wire, with a tank that was AFK for NEARLY the whole game ending up saving it for us. This was a red player who might as well be a bot, with a 39% win rate too. o_o

The latter had this hilarious pile-up on the north bridge, and was only won because the tanks that were left alive had a good mix of DPS and alpha (the Pz4 was a derp) as they capped, which kept the T25 pinned. Oh, and their DFA M4 platoon were both 65%-ish players, which explains the low prediction rate.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:24   Link #6655
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Where is the love by Black Eyed Peas. Is how i feel when I sensha-do. I am sure ES can relate and UTE has an ego of a Blimp..... so don't mind. I am happy when he gets bad games. That signals that it will be harder to get to 55 than it was to get 54.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:08   Link #6656
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Ah the Black Prince, how I love this tank:

Pearl River is heaven for tanks with thick frontal armor.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:24   Link #6657
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had literally the worst session I've ever had on this today which was utterly infuriating since I had 2 hours of premium left and I could manage only 2 (2!!!!) wins in that time with every other game being noob team after noob team.

So much so my overall win rate dropped for the first time in recent memory...

Think I'll take a break for a while =I

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:30   Link #6658
Blaat

I had a similar session earlier today: one win out of six, decided to stop and do something else. I'll try again later tonight although I'm dreading it to be honest.
Old 2013-05-20, 11:14   Link #6659
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

After a frustrating yo-yo session (win one, lose one, win one, lose one, etc.) yesterday afternoon, I finally earned a 4 win streak. We'll see how it goes tonight.
Old 2013-05-20, 12:22   Link #6660
Gravitas Free Zone

Touma, you troll you. I do not have a big ego... I don't think I play that well, and have a tendency toward Leeroy Jenkins and tunnel vision, which is making high-tier progression somewhat difficult.

Case in point: In this game I went north on Sand River and quickly discovered that no one followed me after I crossed the bridge. Did I stop? No, I am a deranged scout guy.

Images
Burda's Medal

But I do have the medal for killing five SPGs in one game now, even if they were just little tiny ones.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks