AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 08:36   Link #1101
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Its looking like the Magicians are mad scientists. It seems that the reasons for the Magicians inside the Magic association who are working with the Khos Brigade wishes to do research on Magic and Magical beings without any restraints. For the Khaos Brigade, knowing that their strongest fighters cannot protect them no longer decide to deal with Ise and Vali another way since they cannot obviously fight them and win. Like they said, Dragons attract strong foes so who other than a Dragon to combat Ise and Vali.

It seems like with the Alliance become problems for many races and Associations who done their thing without any restraints. Now with the Alliance forming contracts or peace treaties with many races, it leaves many Magicians on edge who want to pursue knowledge of magic by any means.

No doubt there will be more races mixing in the series. I won't be surprise that they bring in Werewolves and other races in.
They are indeed mad scientists , they are trying to fight fire with fire , in this case , evils dragons against heavenly dragons .. but as far as i can remember , fight fire with fire never resulted in a good outcome ...
Old 2013-02-05, 09:28   Link #1102
Soji

^I find their plan really stupid as far I remember Ddraig and Albion are the stronger dragon after GR and Ophis.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:17   Link #1103
iK@r0s

^that's the time when Ddraig and albion has there physical bodies...there host are weaker than they are...so actually that's a good plan.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:29   Link #1104
serbian otaku #1

It depends how you look at it. It was mentioned that JD is heavenly dragon's full power, with seal removed, so that means that Vali that surpassed JD with his Empireo JD should be more powerfull than original Albion?
Old 2013-02-05, 11:33   Link #1105
Velsy

I need some clarification with Volume 10, chapter 4

Sairaorg just pulled his queen out on the terms that he thought she was going to die? Wait does that mean people can die permantly in the rating game?. I mean, if thats true then how high is the casualty rate in the Pro games ? Wouldnt that make people like Xenovia who use pure light attacks lethal to the game? Wouldnt it also make taems weaker over time, rating games are not treated like a gladiator ring right.

Or was it just Sairaorg didnt want his queen to get seriously injured because it hinted she loved him? I dont think there would be a rating game if people were getting killed, and I assumed when Sairaorg lost his arm, It wouldnt of been permanent because it was in the rating game?

So I am a little confused here at the moment O_O
Old 2013-02-05, 11:43   Link #1106
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

Sairaorg just pulled his queen out on the terms that he thought she was going to die? Wait does that mean people can die permantly in the rating game?. I mean, if thats true then how high is the casualty rate in the Pro games ? Wouldnt that make people like Xenovia who use pure light attacks lethal to the game? Wouldnt it also make taems weaker over time, rating games are not treated like a gladiator ring right.

Or was it just Sairaorg didnt want his queen to get seriously injured because it hinted she loved him? I dont think there would be a rating game if people were getting killed, and I assumed when Sairaorg lost his arm... I wouldnt of been permanent because it was in the rating game?

Yeah, some moves are pretty lethal in a game, which is why they are forbidden to be used in a normal game - since Sairaorg has said it's OK, the higher ups have lessened the restrictions on the Gremory's group power, but usually they can't / won't be able to use any of their more lethal and flashier attacks in a game, like the full power of Xenovia's Durandal or Ise's Trident move, or some of the moves that they will obtain in the future.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:17   Link #1107
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

Or was it just Sairaorg didnt want his queen to get seriously injured because it hinted she loved him? I dont think there would be a rating game if people were getting killed, and I assumed when Sairaorg lost his arm, It wouldnt of been permanent because it was in the rating game?

Some attacks are instant kills, the retirement system cannot work with instant kills. Ise's full attack would been an instant kill. Hence why Rias and the Gremory group are going to have a hard time with future rating games because they have offensive power is off the charts that the rating game would have to restrict so much of their power to ensure that the Gremory group would not kill anyone. Rias, Ise, and the rest of the Gremory group are better suited to be front line soldiers than playing mock battles with other Devils.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:26   Link #1108
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

The whole Rating game is stupid if you think about it.
Here you have a race that is slowly dying out due to drop in birth.
Quote:
"Oh I have a perfect idea! Lets have our declining race do battle against eachother in a death match! It'll show that we are STRONG!!"
"Genius!"
"But lets add this little 'safety system' that could fail anytime, so we can make people feel safe when they're reaching to slit eachothers throats. It can also draw in more people to fight."
And about the Vol. 10 deal.
Just because Sairaorg gave an okay for them to use anything they had doesn't mean he gave an okay for you to try and murder someone Issei.

Doesn't his part shows that Issei still needs to grow the F- up? Akeno went and fought Sairaorg's Queen and lost. Were there any 'I-have-a-friend/family-hostage-so-you-have-to-lose' type of threat? No.

Sairaorg's queen showed that she had a stronger ability than Akeno and won fair and square. But Issei comes in with a tantrum, "Wah my friend lost so I'm going to murder this person."

It feels bad considering no one bat an eye when he tried to murder someone, but everyone flies into pure rage if their favorite character loses.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:43   Link #1109
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
The whole Rating game is stupid if you think about it.
Here you have a race that is slowly dying out due to drop in birth.

And about the Vol. 10 deal.
Just because Sairaorg gave an okay for them to use anything they had doesn't mean he gave an okay for you to try and murder someone Issei.

Doesn't his part shows that Issei still needs to grow the F- up? Akeno went and fought Sairaorg's Queen and lost. Were there any 'I-have-a-friend/family-hostage-so-you-have-to-lose' type of threat? No.

Sairaorg's queen showed that she had a stronger ability than Akeno and won fair and square. But Issei comes in with a tantrum, "Wah my friend lost so I'm going to murder this person."

It feels bad considering no one bat an eye when he tried to murder someone, but everyone flies into pure rage if their favorite character loses.

You do now people don't die in the Rating Game, right? Also, it's through the Rating game pieces that they are able to gain more devils through re-incarnation. The Rating Game and the Angel equivalent are restoring their populations much faster than through child-birth.

And Ise wasn't trying to kill her. He just didn't hold back. Ise has a rather obvious inferiority complex, and it doesn't really register with him that his power isn't something normal devils can deal with. And Ise beats himself up about this several times in the following novels.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:08   Link #1110
peinmaximus@

hey,we said that others underestimate ise a lot,but the own ise if underestimates.what missing to ise is a little more of confidence and the author should give this for ise making he become one high class devil soon and making the vampires respect he until the end of this arc.
is for this that I still think that one of this three vampires(or valerie or ermenhilde or the leader of the carmilla family)will fall in love with ise until the end of this arc.one pureblood vampire in ise harem can give to he more respect for himself.but one of this three will join really in harem only after the end of the developing of the relationships with the girls already known.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:47   Link #1111
NeutralZero

Ise rising to High Class may be sooner than later... probably after the current arc...
He is now more aware of his current status especially in the eyes of the outsider...as seen in his monologue...
His 5 consecutive defeat against Saji in a game prove that not all can be handle with brute force and in order to be a high class devil he needs to workout his impulsive behavior... and tactics...
^^^Ise didn't really try to murder the queen of Sairog... if we remember, he did warn her to put all of her magic in defense... or else..., the queen disregard it, Ise loses it them BAM. He attack using the illegal move. The queen may have retire with a LOT of broken bones if she did listen to Ise's advice rather than being forced to quit by Sairog... sine it will certainly kill her. Kinda like the force evacuation of the system (Like what happen to Ise in V5 due to severe blood loss) but since its a 1 hit KO, by the time the body is retrieve after the hit, its already a corpse...
Old 2013-02-05, 16:49   Link #1112
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey,we said that others underestimate ise a lot,but the own ise if underestimates.what missing to ise is a little more of confidence and the author should give this for ise making he become one high class devil soon and making the vampires respect he until the end of this arc.
is for this that I still think that one of this three vampires(or valerie or ermenhilde or the leader of the carmilla family)will fall in love with ise until the end of this arc.one pureblood vampire in ise harem can give to he more respect for himself.but one of this three will join really in harem only after the end of the developing of the relationships with the girls already known.
Well its all speculation, vol 14 is introducing the Evil Dragons as future enemies for Ise, Vali, and the the group. Ise underestimate his ability becuase he is very and I mean very young as a Devil, 8 months thus far and he is considered one of the strongest fighters of the Underworld. Ise already has knowledge of how old Devils are and how powerful they are, thus because he is a young age he must be thinking he is not there yet. Other enemies do underestimate Ise, but I think that is out of the window when it comes to clear headed and intelligent individuals not clouded by pride or objectives. Perfect example of a race that underestimate Ise are the Vampires and Magicians, Vampires have so much pride in their culture that they simple disregard Ise as a worthy opposition, in hind sight that may be true diplomatically since Ise holds no power there and because Ise cannot handle diplomacy therefore the chances that the Vampires will face him in combat are slim. Magicians in thirst of knowledge of magic simple revived Evil dragons to combat Ise and Vali most likely without the knowledge to control them nor think that Ise and Vali can simply become stronger because of the Evil Dragons creating more problems in the future.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:59   Link #1113
NeutralZero

The magicians didn't regard that factor... that those two, Ise and Vali respectively have a monstrous and abnormal growth...
Funny that Indra, a god consider Ise as a possible threat yet lower species just disregard him and belittle him even with the consecutive merits or proof he'd displayed since V1...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-02-05 at 17:19. Reason: spelling correction... gramar error...
Old 2013-02-05, 17:05   Link #1114
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
The magicians didn't regard that factor... that those two, Ise and Vali respectively has a monstrous and abnormal growth...
Funny that Idra, a god consider Ise as a possible threat yet lower species just disregard him and belittle him even with the consecutive merits or proof he'd displayed since V1...
Well, like I stated. Pride and ambition clouds the mind. Still, all things considered I think many races disregard the treat of Ise because they still haven't seen it first hand. With Indra, he was there during the attack of the Underworld and the Duel that Ise and Bael had. Vampires were not present due to their nature and only the top and high tier magicians were there present. The magicians that are plotting with the Khaos Brigade seems to be immature and rash, but at least they know that if the Khaos Brigade fails head are going to roll literally and 100 chance its their heads.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:18   Link #1115
peinmaximus@

hey reaper king,reading the end of life 2,for the the wizards respect this much the new leader of khaos brigade,this guys should be really strong,no?
and you think that the vampires are strong how they want appears or they are only a idiots that not known his place for underestimating one heavenly dragon?
Old 2013-02-05, 17:28   Link #1116
NeutralZero

It's more of an aristocracy thing...
Status first before power or anything else...
Servants are servants even if their powers are greater they still remain as servants...
Old 2013-02-05, 17:29   Link #1117
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
hey reaper king,reading the end of life 2,for the the wizards respect this much the new leader of khaos brigade,this guys should be really strong,no?
and you think that the vampires are strong how they want appears or they are only a idiots that not known his place for underestimating one heavenly dragon?
Respect doesn't always indicate strength, sometimes charisma or intelligent can account for the respect especially if this new leader has plans that correlates with the goals of the Magicians. As for Vampires, since they don't associate with other races and many regard Vampires as an annoying race to get along with their strength is clouded. Though since many races don't really seek to associate with Vampires even a peace treaty it could also mean that their strength isn't that strong. Though not really a good measurement, Xenovia was one of the top warriors of the Church during when she was a human and have hunted several Vampires. Comparing Xenovia back then and the Xenvoia now, does indicate that Vampires are certainly not unbeatable yet are very beatable for Xenovia back then.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:40   Link #1118
peinmaximus@

yes,but is clear that ise will make that this purebloods vampires respect he until the end of this arc.I feel that ise will save the two families and will win the respect that he deserves of the vampire,besides vampire girls.kkkkk.
and reaper king,the life 2 reveal that crom cruach,azi dahaka and apophis are the stongests evil dragons.if grendel already is so strong,I'm not want think in how strong are this three evil dragons.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:54   Link #1119
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
yes,but is clear that ise will make that this purebloods vampires respect he until the end of this arc.I feel that ise will save the two families and will win the respect that he deserves of the vampire,besides vampire girls.kkkkk.
and reaper king,the life 2 reveal that crom cruach,azi dahaka and apophis are the stongests evil dragons.if grendel already is so strong,I'm not want think in how strong are this three evil dragons.
Well its seems like every enemy that Ise goes through end up earning their respects as an enemy or later as a ally. Vampires are really pride creatures and considering how old Azazel is and how he commented that the Vampires don't associate with other races seems to indicate no one tried to get involved with the Vampires until now. Ise may be the first to do so, whether or not it would be good or not is up for the future, most likely vol 16.

Well unless Ise goes against Crom Cruach and the Evil Dragons, we don't know their strengths Ise had a rough time with Grendel which will probably send him down in the training route again since the Khaos Brigade activities have restarted. ISe and the Gremory will once again be in the front line to combat the terrorists. Vol 14 just introduce Ise's power as a Dragon with only the power of his arm. Ise may want to explore with that power and seeing as he know many Dragons already, a teacher isn't hard.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:00   Link #1120
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
You do now people don't die in the Rating Game, right?
Funny thing, just because Its not shown doesn't mean it don't happen. They CAN die, we just don't hear about it because we focus on Issei.

We don't hear that another game takes place and the teleportation device failed to rescue a person in time because the attack, hit, and damage inflicted were too fast and their head rolls off. Want to know why? Because Issei isn't there.

Quote:
Also, it's through the Rating game pieces that they are able to gain more devils through re-incarnation. The Rating Game and the Angel equivalent are restoring their populations much faster than through child-birth.
Full-blood Devil's are dying out. The things thare are coming out are nothing more than half-breeds (Half-human, half-angel, etc.). If I was a full-blood devil, I won't see beings that are being re-incarnated back as actual devils.

[QUOTE]
And Ise wasn't trying to kill her. He just didn't hold back.[QUOTE]

If he wasn't trying to kill her than he wouldn't have pulled out an illegal move that would've been a sure to kill. No matter how much emotions are running through him, Akeno was defeated not killed while he went off to use an attack that would've killed someone else.

Quote:
Ise has a rather obvious inferiority complex, and it doesn't really register with him that his power isn't something normal devils can deal with. And Ise beats himself up about this several times in the following novels.
What I read, Issei is more upset that he "revealed a super secret move" than near killing someone. I don't see any 'I feel bad because I nearly killed someone due to my emotions.' its more 'Damn, I pulled this move out and showed how dangerous it is, its shown to the world now '

====

Quote:
Ise didn't really try to murder the queen of Sairog... if we remember, he did warn her to put all of her magic in defense... or else...,
So If I warn someone to put up a defense as strong as they can while I blast an attack that would've killed them is NOT attempted murder? That's wrong, why because it did kill someone regardless of warning

Quote:
the queen disregard it, Ise loses it them BAM. He attack using the illegal move. The queen may have retire with a LOT of broken bones if she did listen to Ise's advice rather than being forced to quit by Sairog... sine it will certainly kill her.
Would you listen to an enemy telling you what they want you to do?

The girl was lucky he pulled her out. But that doesn't excuse what Issei tried to do.

Thinking about it, I'm sure Issei wouldn't even recieve a slap on the wrist for committing murder in public.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen