AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-18, 16:01   Link #201
Ypocaramel

If my understanding of this episode is correct, does it mean

Sheryl Gives Alto an earring = Alto's fighter KABOOM!
Old 2008-09-18, 16:01   Link #202
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
the difference between alto and ranka was that Alto choose on his own to be the hero and go save ranka. Ranka kind of was forced into her "savior" role. She ended rejecting that role!
In order to kill those who dared to force her to that role? but why bother to save Alto if she doesn't want to be a savior? to make him suffer FOREVER in a universe filled by children of Ranka's (bugs) and no other human beings?
Old 2008-09-18, 16:02   Link #203
beppu

Do my eyes deceive me, or did Luca actually manage to shoot something down this episode?
Old 2008-09-18, 16:15   Link #204
Wesley84

Ranka should pulp Sheryl for wearing bug gut earrings.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:26   Link #205
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
And wasn't Alto supposed to kill, not save her?
kill her is the last alternative. he is prepared to either bring her back or kill her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppu View Post
Do my eyes deceive me, or did Luca actually manage to shoot something down this episode?
the bugs were being hindered by sheryl's song! ANYONE could shoot them!
Old 2008-09-18, 16:35   Link #206
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Right after the Monica x Captain scene, there.. Macross F triangle solved .

^___________^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-18, 16:37   Link #207
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Right after the Monica x Captain scene, there.. Macross F triangle solved .

^___________^
it has been since episode 21, people just been in denial for the last 2 episodes. Even sheryl herself!
Old 2008-09-18, 16:41   Link #208
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Do you even get which triangle I'm refering too?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-18, 16:41   Link #209
beppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it has been since episode 21, people just been in denial for the last 2 episodes. Even sheryl herself!
LOL @ "even sheryl herself"

It's going to be a long wait until ep.25. Macross F has got me addicted, and I'm afraid of what the withdrawals will be like after next week.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:45   Link #210
Westlo
Lets be reality

Great episode and I'm happy that I can finally say it.... ALTO X KLAN LKAN CONFIRMED!!!!
Old 2008-09-18, 16:50   Link #211
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Musouka's translation is the more complete one
I can vouch for this

Though I wonder if Alto really ate that salad. Where do dead people go when they die? The vajra-net? Bilrer's monologue seems to suggest that the vajra-net can reach supposedly unreachable people
Well given the Densha Otoko references to Bilrer, Mao could be his Hermes.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:52   Link #212
zalem

The episode was a bit fast paced, but overall I liked it. Sheryl was so lovely in it! Must get some Sheryl avatars again now....but I need a better raw.

Alto is obviously not dead, they just did that for drama. Hmmm....have to say I still don't know which way the triangle will go. There were some points for Sheryl this episode, but she is still sick afterall and there is no sign of a cure. Ranka being the damsel in distress (like back in episode 1) is a point in her favor probably. Still I think Sheryl's chances are decent. Hopefully Kawamori won't mess things up.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:55   Link #213
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
I think he's getting the wrong idea
Old 2008-09-18, 17:06   Link #214
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
The episode was a bit fast paced, but overall I liked it. Sheryl was so lovely in it! Must get some Sheryl avatars again now....but I need a better raw.

Alto is obviously not dead, they just did that for drama. Hmmm....have to say I still don't know which way the triangle will go. There were some points for Sheryl this episode, but she is still sick afterall and there is no sign of a cure. Ranka being the damsel in distress (like back in episode 1) is a point in her favor probably. Still I think Sheryl's chances are decent. Hopefully Kawamori won't mess things up.
For the part highlighted in bold: DID WE REALLY NEED THAT??!!! If a duel between Alto and Brera had to happen (it happened) at this stage of the story, I really wanted Alto to kill Brera or at least disable his fighter jet because there's a bigger boss to take care of in the dogfight. I've seen Macross Plus, many Gundam series, other mecha series and the constant variable was this: when 95-97% of the storyline is done, the "small boss" MUST be killed at this point in order for the ultimate showdown with the "big boss" to unfold. I want a dogfight to the death between Grace and Alto.

The more time goes on, the more I HATE any idea of Ranka being a damsel in distress. "LOSE YOURSELF!" as somebody I know would say. If Kawamori gets things in Ranka's favor at the end of the line, I would be very very mad because she deserves only sh*te after everything she has done.
Old 2008-09-18, 17:12   Link #215
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Great episode and I'm happy that I can finally say it.... ALTO X KLAN LKAN CONFIRMED!!!!
Now, now, you are my enemy. I don't mind there is not SherylXAlto, but Klan is Sheryl's!!!
Old 2008-09-18, 17:16   Link #216
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Now, now, you are my enemy. I don't mind there is not SherylXAlto, but Klan is Sheryl's!!!

Alto: Sheryl, you said you had something you wanted to tell me?

Sheryl: Ah, yes. Well, you see Alto-

Klan: Hi mommy~

Alto: O_O

Sorry, I couldn't help myself
Old 2008-09-18, 17:18   Link #217
golthin

Quote:
You can't be talking about Nana, luca and Ranka? only other possible LT :P
Old 2008-09-18, 17:29   Link #218
Tabris

The wait, it is killing me.
Old 2008-09-18, 17:29   Link #219
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screens:

Visually this episode was superior from the last one. However, the episode wasn't as interesting content wise compared to last week, but it had a lot of pairing indicator-lights go up. Of course, last week's episode was a hard-to-match episode due to the propagation of information from bits and pieces. Even then, Sheryl was wonderful! Ranka is still under Grace's control, but we are sure to see her impact on the story in the finale.... just because Ranka, gets a nice little set up for a comeback near the end. Wonder how this little set-up will play into shaping Ranka's character and push her character to a new level endearment? Alto's outlook on Ranka may also shape if Ranka manages to get through Alto in terms of this whole conflict between the Vajraa and the Humans: Humans are bent on committing genocide for the sake of occupying a world. Alto is long overdue for some evolution even if it comes in the final episode. It has been a while since the last time I've seen a lead character as stagnant as him.

Grace made me smile more than a few time in the episode. Alas, her end is near!
Old 2008-09-18, 17:33   Link #220
Wesley84

I'm watching the raw!

Chibi-Ranka was singing as early as the ages of 4 to 6. Stick that through your ear, and into your disease ridden brain, Sheryly-girl!

How come Ranka's memories aren't actual memories, but some kind of dream sequence you'd need an army of pscyhologists to interpret? And is Grace really communicating with her, or is this like that one time in episode 7 where something occured between Ranka and Sheryl that absolutely meant nothing at all?

Ah crap! Incoming commercials!

Ozma and Cathy are exploring some kind of wreck that is...pretty darn wrecked. I can't make heads or tails of what it used to be. Funny thing is I expected them to go straight to Ranka from what happened in the last episode. Where the hell are they?

Bridge Bunnies. Seriously, they should be more concerned with continuity of their current series, than trying to tie into the previous series. It's just a huge mess.

So if they knew about this derelict ahead of time, why didn't they ever explore it? You'd also think that Frontier would have made some serious progress, and moved away from what was presumably the research fleet's ruins long ago. There should be no way they'd arrive to participate in the battle.

Some technical explanation for why Grace wants Fold Quartz from the Bridge Bunnies I guess. Like they're scientists or engineers or something. Well, maybe they are. It's not like they've got real jobs that requires their constant attention.

Bobby's obviously bored from not having anything to be Gar at.

God, I hate this. The original Macross left technical crap unexplained, leaving the Engineering Corps to seemingly perform miracles, while the Bridge Crew made the most of limited understanding. Here we've spent five minutes on people who shouldn't be qualified to know or understand any of what they're talking about explaining presumably everything.

And everyone gasps! People gasp way too much in this series. Particularly Alto. If he's not yelling or folding planes, he's gasping.

Crap. More technical explanations, this time from Bresra and Grace. Ranka seems completely brainless and just singing along...even though her emotions are supposed to produce effects. Grace is giving a villian monologue for her motivations. Judging from the fire and anger, she's probably entirely justified, and off her rocker. No evil laughter unfortunately.

I want everyone on Quarter dead before series end. Dead, you hear me!? Six minutes of this meaningless crap.

Ah, so they're at Gallia IV...what? Why should there be ANYTHING left after the Dimension Eater tore through everything?

Okay, now we're back at Frontier. They're preparing for battle. Fleet's assembled. Never would have thought they had a fleet that big (still quite small) from previous episodes though.

Some kind of battleplan, where they're basically going to fly straight through Vajra's defenses and wipe out the queen/Ranka? at the center of the ring around the planet. Naturally they're hopelessly outnumbered, and there should be no way they'd succeed, but...nevermind. This is the UN Spacy we're talking about. Not the SMS.

Speech over. I hate this track playing. Too Topgun-ish.

Klan yells "Let's go!" presumably only to Nene who is right next to her, only on her right, not the left.

Luca isn't particapating at the battle? Thank goodness. I'm tired of seeing him getting shot down and not dying.

So they've got everyone crammed into Island One, while using the others as shields?

Great, now we get to waste time on Sheryl thinking about Alto.

Dammit Alto. You should have just gotten on your damn plane. Hypocrite, won't see his old man, wastes time on Sheryl though...

What's up with the bullshit theatrics? Ranka never did this when they were using her against Vajra. They strapped her in, nice and comfy, well protected. No special outfits, no holograms, nothing but Ranka, her voice, and an armored bomber.

Fleet looks nice deploying.

Fish in a barrel. Come on Ranka! Counteract Sheryl's bullshit! Well, nevermind. Ranka's left the building. They're just using her even though they shouldn't be able to use her like this since she's just a doll without any emotions...!

Did Vajra really create a giant holographic Ranka, or is that just artistic liscense?

Yeah, Sheryl, sing louder! Not that it'll do any good.

What I don't get is if Vajra is using Ranka or if Grace is the one using her, or if they're one in the same?

Why isn't there like a million Victors decending upon Alto? And does Bresra have his mind back? What the fuck is going on?

Oh bullshit! Alto gets away with a little scratch, yet Klan's totalled in two seconds!

YES! ALTO'S DEAD! And who's got him on broadcast for Sheryl to watch die? I don't know if I hate him for being stupid or love him before being totally sadistic.
Closed Thread