AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-12, 21:34   Link #741
Kirarakim

Aww I could really emphasize with Akiyuki during this episode being the new guy who feels left out when old friends return.

Although I already love Raigyo. I am definitely glad he shaved though it was a big improvement.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 22:51   Link #742
Sci-Fi

You have to give Akiyuki credit for not blowing his cool. The crew was treating him like an indentured servant after Raigyo came back.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 00:47   Link #743
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

soo raigyo was that dude with the camera in the op hahaha who knew( well me i really didnt know till he shaved hehehehe but man he look a bit hot hahahaah)

noting: so we will se the next ep is in the northen borders hmm i see this might get interesting hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 10:45   Link #744
RGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What he's been through? Somewhat understandable? You mean being completely jealous over the fact that Haru wants to see Akiyuki? He's basically acting like a spoilt child because Haru doesn't feel that way about him.
You make it sound worse than it is. Sure Haru played a role in bringing about that outburst, but let's not pin it all on her. Akiyuki did a wonderful job in escalating that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
Will bring his demise. At rate this he is going to become the final villain. What he did on the bridge was out of jealously nothing more or nothing less. He wants the rival dead plain and simple, all that humaniod speech was pure BS, if you ask me.
Furuichi had to deal with a gamut of emotions at once, some of them conflicting. After encounter with the Humanform emotions were already running high. Add to that a rendezvous with a close friend whom you thought to be dead, but now has become the enemy. What's more, that thing goes on to push all the red buttons.
So Furuichi vented his anger and frustration. It's not clear cut how far he was from actually making that shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Man! Raigyo nose when he had all that beard is different when he was shaved.
Heh, yeah. Going from rounded to pointy in one quick shave.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 12:20   Link #745
baioslaio
Per Magnusson

Send a message via MSN to baioslaio
Next episode is about
Spoiler:

?
baioslaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 12:27   Link #746
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I must say the resemblance is uncanny in the latter picture. It has singlehandedly made me extremely interested in the next episode, as I don't know what to think of it. Is it a dream of Akiyuki in which Haru and Nakiami merged (aka. a point for Nakiami/Akiyuki)? Or is it just Nakiami drawn really badly that she looks like Haru, different hairtyle and all? Or is it Haru quitting the army, getting picked up by Zengden (or whatever his name is) and dressed/face painted the same way as them?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 12:29   Link #747
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
You make it sound worse than it is. Sure Haru played a role in bringing about that outburst, but let's not pin it all on her. Akiyuki did a wonderful job in escalating that situation.
I wasn't blaming her at all, you're just making me out to be doing so.
Old 2008-09-13, 12:46   Link #748
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by baioslaio View Post
Next episode is about
Spoiler:

?
Left pic is Haru cuting her hair, and the other is Nakiami's past. It's true she does look like Haru in this pic, but it's mainly because of the haircut.

I'm afraid Haru is going to take the wrong path now, and will try to become more like Furuichi, as Furuichi himself and the commander (forgot his name) advised her.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 16:35   Link #749
RGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wasn't blaming her at all, you're just making me out to be doing so.
Sorry, bad phrasing on my part. That sentence was supposed to be about Furuichi's unrequited love / crush / obsession / whatever-you-want-to-call-it for Haru.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 23:25   Link #750
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Does Raigyou have something going on with Nakiami or just the whole crew perceived it that way? There goes the AkiyukixNakiami pairing...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 00:20   Link #751
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Does Raigyou have something going on with Nakiami or just the whole crew perceived it that way? There goes the AkiyukixNakiami pairing...
I suspect the crew is just jumping to conclusions because the two spent a lot of time alone. I didn't see any real romantic tension between the two. Look at how they interact in her cabin, did they look like two long lost lovers to you?
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 03:55   Link #752
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Well considering Raigyou and Nakiami have called Akiyuki, Haru's Xam'd, I don't think there's much chance of an Akiyuki x Nakiami pairing..
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 05:00   Link #753
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I don't think there's much chance of an Akiyuki x Nakiami pairing..
I'll say it again --- as there ever a chance?

It was just people jumping to conclusions when there was no solid evidence.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:05   Link #754
ingandeul
What is Apple?

I initially though Haru's haircut would look bad from the glimpse they gave us from the OP but now that I look at the preview, it doesn't look bad at all. Hope Haru doesn't turn to the dark side!

Disappointed in SQE.
ingandeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:05   Link #755
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingandeul View Post
I initially though Haru's haircut would look bad from the glimpse they gave us from the OP but now that I look at the preview, it doesn't look bad at all. Hope Haru doesn't turn to the dark side!
She's going to get leveled to match the opening.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:37   Link #756
ssfsx17

I don't really see too much romantic tension in the series. There may have been one or two awkward moments between Akiyuki and Nakiami, but each character makes pretty clear who they love. Akiyuki did all kinds of things to meet up with Haru again, then screams her name when he wakes up, and is not bothered in the least by what Akushiba suggests Nakiami is doing with Raigyo.

The only romantic tension possible might be that Nakiami respects Akiyuki as the first guy who has ever gotten a clue as to what Xam'd wants, but she knows where his heart lies.
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:54   Link #757
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
You have to give Akiyuki credit for not blowing his cool. The crew was treating him like an indentured servant after Raigyo came back.
Not surprisingly - his whole training as a Xam'D was dedicated to that.
And look how he deals with his parents in the first episode - with the same composure.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 02:51   Link #758
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

wow as in wow wat a bad look for haru still it interest me also

about the akiyuki x nakiami pairing it is not impossible

so there is always a chance
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 16:59   Link #759
DarkLordOfkichiku

The new episode is out.

Spoiler for Episode 10:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 17:39   Link #760
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Guardians of Stone

Continued on with episode seven.

Like Haru I was too heartbroken when the runaway Xam'd got killed needlessly.

I believe that the Xam'd either just wanted to run home or in search of taking in companionship as to end its feeling of loneliness and desperation.

One could hardly ever imagine the desperation and anguish for those who are turning into Humanforms but are mercilessly killed, because its human nature to act hostile towards anything that scares the sh*t out of us, and we do not understand.

With that way of thinking, dark clouds are painting on Akiyuki's horizon. Because even if Haru's convinced that Xam'd as the Humanforms all are not inherently evil or vicious by nature, Furuichi doesn't think the same, however.
Therefore, Akiyuki will receive a nasty reunion from Furuichi once the latter finds out about the former's Xam'd.

As for the other topic, the people whom Furuichi met, which are all infected in some way or another by the artificial Hiruko, I think the air raid, that Kio spoke about to Akiyuiki, was a ploy from the Northern Government or a faction within to continue to test their experiments on humans and serve as a scapegoat to liven up the hatred against the Southern Free Continent.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones