AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 15:22   Link #961
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque
After finally able to watch episode 13, I have to say that I love this series. The scene between Akiyuki and Fusa was very touching and is my most favourite scene after Isuu and Nakiami’s farewell. It was well executed and I felt sad for Fusa for not being able to see her son. That was simply amazing.
Agreed, that was easily the best scene of this episode!

Quote:
And of course, Furuichi. He completely snapped this episode. It seems that he might be shot by Mainsoul military captain (though he might survive, as Xam’d are immune to bullets).
Not exactly immune, but a few bullets can't kill one either. And an Xam'd might at best revive, as the pregnant one did.

Quote:
But, damn, if he thinks that the only thing he has that Akiyuki doesn’t is 12cm, then he must really think he has a crappy life. IMO, Akiyuki life isn’t that good in the first place. His parents are divorced; he is somewhat of trouble maker, he seems to not do well in school.
The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, you know?

Quote:
Hmm, I am starting to think that Furuichi hatred might do more with the fact he transforming into a Xam’d rather than actual feelings of jealousy (he was jealous befor about Haru, but he still seen Akiyuki as friend). It was not until the bus incident that he started hating Akiyuki. He must have been thinking ‘’SO, after being responsible for what happened for me to become a monster, and stealing my object of affection, HE IS DOING WELL???’’ at this point, Furuichi started wanting revenge and making excuses for them. He wanted Akiyuki to turn himself in so that he could suffer for turning him into a Xam’d, he started saying that Akiyuki has everything while he has nothing due to the fact that he worked hard for his entire life while Akiyuki was the easy going type of guy and didn’t mind turning into a Xam’d. In short, Furuichi hatred was his own way of coping with turning into what he thought was a monster, but his feelings made the Hiruko within him be filed with flames of hatred. Furuichi is a victim to events and fear that made him insane.
I suppose that's an accurate enough look into Furuichi's mind. And maybe that's one more way to say/prove that ultimately, as humans we can ignore anyone's suffering but our own - as is probably the case with Furuichi here (though of course, as you say, his jealousy of Haru's affection for Akiyuki plays it's part here as well), especially since Akiyuki to him seems rather "heiki" about the whole situation and hasn't shown any regret over the fact that he sort of caused it all by lettign Nazuna on the bus...

Quote:
About Haru, I can see why many don't like her any more. She seemed a bit obsessed about Akiyuki this episode and ungrateful towards Nakiami. But if I think about it, she seemed to give a pretty normal reaction. Akiyuki was her childhood friend, and after her mother died, he was there to comfort her, so naturally she started feeling attached towards him as he was someone who stood by her side when she at a low point in her life, so having him being taken away from her must have been hard (even if it was to save him). The fact that she finds herself in this position(where she must be his enemy) is due to her lack of foresight and believe that she would have been able to meet Akiyuki again if she join the military (she had the right intentions, but she didn't think much about what to do). Overall, I still like her (Fumiko Orikasa is voicing her after) and she is a good person who is trying to be with the person she loves, but I hope she starts thinking ahead for a bit. (Funny, Furuichi comment about desires seems to be a lot of since now).
Well, I suppose that's a nice enough look into Haru's state of mind/thinking as well. Still, as I see it many wishes that she'd have become a bit more pratical, and think ahead a bit as you say indeed and be a bit less wishy-washy - which she haven't so far...

Quote:
By the way, I laughed when Nakiami apologized for’’ running away’’ with Akiyuki. I hope that was better worded in Japanese.
Haha, yeah, it sounded as if Ákiyuki and Haru had eloped (as in "Elopement") or something

Quote:
I am starting to think that the powers of Xam’d might have to do with the situation the user is in or the feelings of the user. Raigyo was drowning in the lake after receiving the Hiruko, so he might have wanted to be able to swim to shore, thus his transformation into a water based Xam’d. Furuichi was feeling hatred and anger, feeling often compared with fire, thus his transformation. The only exception thus far is Akiyuki, who I think is neutral due to the fact that he received the fore-head gem from the white haired girl (something that Raigyo received or grown later on) so that might have to do something with it. I won’t say that he couldn’t possibly be metal, as it could just turn that way, but I think that not receiving the fore-head gem might cause the Xam’d to gain elemental attributes relating to the users feelings.
Maybe. Your theory is as good as any at any rate and we have yet to get much proof for either, such as it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Spoiler for haru:
I'm not so sure of that - episode 2 (I think) gave me the impression that the government already know that white-haired children who causes the explosions somehow causes Xam'd to come forth - thus one'd think they'd already have taken all the survivors of the bus into custody for checking among'em for potenial Xam'ds (but perhaps, unless you knów exactly how to, it's hard to determite whether one is Xam'd or not - the hiruko can hide underneath one's skin after all, so a brief examination of one's body's not guranteed to reveal anything).

Quote:
I thought that what she did in ep. 12 was a good thing. Furuichi is her friend too after all. Her noncommital stance is also partially the blame. She should have straightened out Furuichi before the show even started and he could have found another girl to treat him properly. He would have turned out differently having s** with another partner.
Hah, that'd be a practical approach, yeah - but you forget that we humans aren't always practical. We seldom jump onto another woman just because the one we truly want is already "taken", so to speak (and the same can be said for women as well).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:07   Link #962
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Of course, I haven't seen ep. 13.
Spoiler for ep.13:
Uh, I think she has made clear and simple where/who her hearts lies with. so I don't think she has an indecisive romance interesting. her only problem for me is her train/mind of thought and not being able to think/plan ahead. She seems smart but also at the same time very stupid...kind of confusing. It seems like they gave great emphasis on how Haru likes to wait a lot of some sh*t like that, maybe she might get it into her head if she wants something she has to go after it.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:58   Link #963
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
maybe she might get it into her head if she wants something she has to go after it.
Hmm, for some reason, this line of yours makes me think we might see Haru turn into "Haru the Yandere" or something similar... ("I'll get Akiyuki back even if I have to shoot off his leg and arms and rag him like that to the island! And woe to anyone who tries to stop me!" ).
Old 2008-10-12, 18:27   Link #964
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Caught up finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Uh, I think she has made clear and simple where/who her hearts lies with. so I don't think she has an indecisive romance interesting. her only problem for me is her train/mind of thought and not being able to think/plan ahead. She seems smart but also at the same time very stupid...kind of confusing. It seems like they gave great emphasis on how Haru likes to wait a lot of some sh*t like that, maybe she might get it into her head if she wants something she has to go after it.
It was too little too late. She was indecisive from the start. Childhood friends don't stay childhood friends past elementary school. (An anime rule I learned. If they are childhood friends in middle school and up, then they are dating.) She had 2 childhood friends (as viewed by how Furuichi's mom was treating her in ep. 12 and the fact that she entered his bedroom and stayed after he tried to toss her out) and was not dating either one. That's why it's indecisiveness. In short, she had a male harem and they (Akiyuki and Furuichi) weren't getting any benefits.

It's too late for her to go after anything. She's in the military now. She has to kill Akiyuki or be killed by her own people. And she can't have Furuichi even as a second choice (backup). She royally blew it.

Poor Nakiami had to apologize. I would have added, "And boy was he ever good.". Sometimes you just gotta twist that knife even more.

Someone should have reminded Furuichi that 12 cm can make a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Hah, that'd be a practical approach, yeah - but you forget that we humans aren't always practical. We seldom jump onto another woman just because the one we truly want is already "taken", so to speak (and the same can be said for women as well).
When you come back to reality, let me know.

Last edited by orion; 2008-10-12 at 18:41.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 20:12   Link #965
ani_d

Finally I've caught up. I actually don't find any reason to hate Haru for how she acted in ep 12 and 13. I think that's the best thing she could've done for Furuichi in that situation and for her hometown. She's just doing what she thinks is right and I think that's better than just sitting around being confused or hopelessly waiting for Akiyuki. Her 'rudeness' to Nakiami is as expected and I think it showed her human side. She wanted Akiyuki back and she couldn't. Now, things have become more complicated. She may have been projecting her frustrations on Nakiami. It's not like she 100% understood why Nakiami did what she had to Akiyuki.

That said, the only reason I don't like Haru is because of a silly reason but really, there's nothing wrong with how she's acting to me. I can't blame her. I can't see her acting any other way given the type of character she is and the events she's caught in. Besides, I'm pretty sure whatever flaw that chips off her would be fixed later on. x_x Wishful thinking, but it'll be cool if they cut more screentime from Haru's side and just focus on Nakiami's journey. The only thing that drives me to watch the drama from the military is Furuichi's misery and Akiyuki's parents seriously. I want to know more about Nakiami, her clan, why she's so gung ho about saving humanforms, what is that big blob that swallowed her in 12, will she ever open up to anyone other than Ishu, how many facial expressions can she do and all those. She's so mysterious and is always very altruistic without asking for anything in return. IMO, Nakiami should've been the main heroine than Haru.

My fave characters are also Nakiami, Isshu, Akiyuki and Raigyo. But Raigyo > Akiyuki definitely.
Old 2008-10-12, 20:15   Link #966
orion

Yep, Raigyo's the man.
Old 2008-10-12, 20:45   Link #967
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Poor Nakiami had to apologize. I would have added, "And boy was he ever good.". Sometimes you just gotta twist that knife even more.
Heh, sound sliek you like putting salt into open wounds

Quote:
When you come back to reality, let me know.
Are you saying that such things never happens? Reality will prove you wrong .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d
Wishful thinking, but it'll be cool if they cut more screentime from Haru's side and just focus on Nakiami's journey. The only thing that drives me to watch the drama from the military is Furuichi's misery and Akiyuki's parents seriously. I want to know more about Nakiami, her clan, why she's so gung ho about saving humanforms, what is that big blob that swallowed her in 12, will she ever open up to anyone other than Ishu, how many facial expressions can she do and all those. She's so mysterious and is always very altruistic without asking for anything in return. IMO, Nakiami should've been the main heroine than Haru.
Well, speaking for myself, I hope that they resume their journey to Tessik after the coming episode - that's what I look forward to the most as things are. And, yes, Nakiami should perhaps have had a larger role here (but since the series isn't over yet it's hard to say exactly how big her role will be, in the end). In any event, Haru's woes aren't very interesting as things are, and Kakisu & co has yet to do anything interesting, so indeed, Akiyuki's parents and Furuichi's situation are what's interesting as far as Sentan Island goes, really.
Old 2008-10-12, 22:50   Link #968
Jarmel

So are we getting a new episode on Tuesday or is the Playstation store going to take a break since Sony announced it would be two season. I would hope they meant two seasons of 26 episodes but not likely since for the Japanese that would be four seasons(unless that announcement was meant more for Americans).
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 23:19   Link #969
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
So are we getting a new episode on Tuesday or is the Playstation store going to take a break since Sony announced it would be two season. I would hope they meant two seasons of 26 episodes but not likely since for the Japanese that would be four seasons(unless that announcement was meant more for Americans).
There has been no offical annoucement yet so I dunno. But even if they intend to pause for the sake of letting the japanese release catch up, it should only mean a break of three weeks then at most (because so far they release two episodes a week on the japanese PSN network - next week will be episode 7 & 8 for them).
Old 2008-10-13, 02:20   Link #970
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i have a question

will we ever see a new plot line in the story cuz it is kinda getting a bit boring??

and still I SOO HOPE FURUICHI GET HIS ASS KICKED!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 15:52   Link #971
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
will we ever see a new plot line in the story cuz it is kinda getting a bit boring??
Well, if things go smoothly (to some extent at least), we should see the plotline called "Nakiami return to Tessik village" (with Akiyuki, most likely) come after this...
Old 2008-10-13, 20:46   Link #972
orion

Quote:
Are you saying that such things never happens? Reality will prove you wrong .
There are prob a few "saints" out there. However, the vast majority aren't like that. People usually figure this out the hard way. Hey, believe whatever. It makes no difference to me.
Old 2008-10-13, 21:17   Link #973
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
There are prob a few "saints" out there. However, the vast majority aren't like that. People usually figure this out the hard way. Hey, believe whatever. It makes no difference to me.
Hold on, are you saying that one needs to be a saint in order to have powerful attachment (or maybe obession) to one woman? You're probably thinking that I'm talking about faithfulness or something then, but I don't (well, not ONLY that at least). One can be so determited or focused on one woman only (even if she's already "taken") that one simply doesn't have much interest in trying to move on with someone else, sorta. That's simply the way it is and it has absolutely nothing to do with being a "saint" (Furuichi certainly isn't one ).
Old 2008-10-13, 21:43   Link #974
orion

Quote:
Hold on, are you saying that one needs to be a saint in order to have powerful attachment (or maybe obession) to one woman? You're probably thinking that I'm talking about faithfulness or something then, but I don't (well, not ONLY that at least). One can be so determited or focused on one woman only (even if she's already "taken") that one simply doesn't have much interest in trying to move on with someone else, sorta. That's simply the way it is and it has absolutely nothing to do with being a "saint" (Furuichi certainly isn't one ).
Outside of an obsession which is Furuichi's case, those few people would be considered saints or "idiots" as I call them. It's more healthy to cut your losses and move on. "Taken" is taken. Faithfulness to someone whose getting it elsewhere is not very realistic, practical or smart. It's best to find a partner that actually notices and wants to be with you. Betting on the fact that person might notice you someday just doesn't happen.

If you're the actual physical partner of that person, then it's no problem as it's the ideal situation.

Akiyuki is prob already a candidate for "sainthood". The guy was surrounded by babes and he was intially only thinking about Haru. Hopefully, reality of his situation and hormones would have slapped some sense into him.
Old 2008-10-13, 22:29   Link #975
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Outside of an obsession which is Furuichi's case, those few people would be considered saints or "idiots" as I call them. It's more healthy to cut your losses and move on. "Taken" is taken. Faithfulness to someone whose getting it elsewhere is not very realistic, practical or smart. It's best to find a partner that actually notices and wants to be with you. Betting on the fact that person might notice you someday just doesn't happen.
I'll acknowledge that most people do, sooner or later, move on. Doesn't mean that the attachment one may have towards the person in question is going to go away, sorta. It may linger for a long time indeed, makign it impossible for the person in question to truly "move on" indeed - and that's the point in this case because the argument was that "if Haru had made things clear by noticing Furuichi's situation much earlier and made thigns clear by either talking to him or even done something so direct as to make her move on Akiyuki so that they became an "offical couple", then thigns would be far less dire for the trio than they are now - at least Furuichi's situation wouldn't be what it is then", and part of the argument being (sorta) that if that was the case furuichi would've found a girlfriend elsewhere, but I don't think it's quite that easy - especially not if he was truly as obessed about Haru as many'd say that he is - and even if he weren't, one can't say for sure that he'd have been able to let go and moved on by the tiem of the events in Episode 1 and so forth.

Quote:
If you're the actual physical partner of that person, then it's no problem as it's the ideal situation.
But of course! .

Quote:
Akiyuki is prob already a candidate for "sainthood". The guy was surrounded by babes and he was intially only thinking about Haru. Hopefully, reality of his situation and hormones would have slapped some sense into him.
Haha, he wasn't exactly surronded by babes, but I suppose one can say that it's sort of amazing to note that he has rather often been shown thinking abotu Haru during his journey and not at all about trying to charm one of the girls close to him. But whho knows, perhaps after they leave Sentan Island he'll have to go for the more "practical" approach indeed (even if I don't see all that big a chance of it, honestly).
Old 2008-10-14, 16:58   Link #976
solomon

REAALLLY late in talking about this, I first watched it and was like eh, but I gave it a rewatch.

Originally, I was like OK this is TOO Eureka-Seven-ish in the design style and type of story. But upon rewatching the 1st and 2nd episodes I came to appreciate the show on it's own merits.

In a simple sense it's a cross between Miyazaki and low level Tomino in story feel and that intrigues me, also from about episode 6 on, I generally like how all the characters feel more like real people then anime archetypes (which admittedly they still are, but their mannerisms and dialogue seem much more realistic then some of the hackened characterization they do these days.). Fav char is prolly Akishiba so far, he's funny.

Interesting to see if Sony would try to push this to America later, am I incorrect in regarding this release as merely for the Japanese audience? I admittedly don't know much about the Playstation Network.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:44   Link #977
Key Board
Carbon

you're monstrously wrong

it was actually released on the American PSN first, officially subbed, no less
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:00   Link #978
Jarmel

So was there a new episode today?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:16   Link #979
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
So was there a new episode today?
As I hear it, the PSN store is down for maintance, so we have no way of knowing whether there is a new episode today or not - yet that's it...
Old 2008-10-14, 22:48   Link #980
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Interesting to see if Sony would try to push this to America later, am I incorrect in regarding this release as merely for the Japanese audience? I admittedly don't know much about the Playstation Network.
Key Board is correct, America got it first. Officially subbed right off the bat. Japan didn't even get it on their PSN. I'm not even sure if it has premiered yet at all on Japan's PSN? Anyone know if/when it finally premiered officially for them? I remember it was supposed to be released in Japan, but I don't recall the date.

edit: Nevermind, it looks like it premiered in Japan in late September. Well, behind the US release.

Anyway, they left us at a huge cliffhanger for episode 13. Let's pray they give us ep. 14 soon.

Tags
bones