AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-09, 00:35   Link #221
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

I doubt he'd be older than yama since he looks young. and yama is like 3k+ years old...

If kubo makes issin stronger than aizen, I'd say that's part of his gay plotkai to make ichigo and his entire damn family plot-kai haxors.

aye, and wtf happened to ukitake? did he seriously get pwned by that half retarded espada? O_o
Old 2010-04-09, 00:50   Link #222
Alchemist007
*Author

Ichigo made Gin bleed, and in only 1 chap of the fight having started! Must be an illusion...
Old 2010-04-09, 01:00   Link #223
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
I doubt he'd be older than yama since he looks young. and yama is like 3k+ years old...

If kubo makes issin stronger than aizen, I'd say that's part of his gay plotkai to make ichigo and his entire damn family plot-kai haxors.

aye, and wtf happened to ukitake? did he seriously get pwned by that half retarded espada? O_o
aging doesn't work normally in bleach. a hundred years go by and some characters age a decade or more while others show absolutely no change. then you have barragan who looks so old he is a skeleton and yet he got killed off already.

either way, you still cannot use age or appearance of age to measure power. just look at aizen.
Old 2010-04-09, 01:31   Link #224
Sokar

Gin probably was aiming for something else. Like during the Hitsu/Gin confrontation. I think that would be the only reason why the 13km was mentioned. Ichigo was in range of shikai, why go bankai? I wouldn't be suprised if turns out that Isshin got stabbed next week.
Old 2010-04-09, 01:54   Link #225
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

I still say that the whole thing is foolish.

IE:
the fight between Isshin and GrandFisher

where the point of the fight where Grandfisher said that he was more powerful cus he had a more 'massive' zanpakutou then Isshin, which Isshin just bluntly said that: if one was strong enough he/she would just compress his zanpakutou to a smaller shape, or else their zanpakutou would be the size of skyscrapers or something...

so, in the end, Gin actually sucks arse as a Captain level...
Old 2010-04-09, 01:57   Link #226
orangejuicetang

Did anyone else notice that Gin released his Bankai at the very end of last week's chapter, but somehow time rewound and he actually released it about 80% through this chapter?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:00   Link #227
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak
perhaps you should define "god speed"
Yeah i was trying to make a reference to hiten mitsurugi from rurouni kenshin. But what it looked like to me was Gin was caught off guard because his sword was extended and he could not retract it fast to detangle from Ichigo to evade or block getsuga. Basically I want it to move at least at flash step speed or something to make it interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin
Gin doesn't have hierro, and Bankai doesn't change that.
Ok I'll concede that, but why couldn't he anticipate the move, being the 'genius' that he is. If he could not retract shinso quickly enough, he could've been more creative by dropping it then flash stepping away or using kido.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang
Did anyone else notice that Gin released his Bankai at the very end of last week's chapter, but somehow time rewound and he actually released it about 80% through this chapter?
kubo's bankai cliffhangers are more important than consistency apparently
Old 2010-04-09, 03:10   Link #228
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
I still say that the whole thing is foolish.

IE:
the fight between Isshin and GrandFisher

where the point of the fight where Grandfisher said that he was more powerful cus he had a more 'massive' zanpakutou then Isshin, which Isshin just bluntly said that: if one was strong enough he/she would just compress his zanpakutou to a smaller shape, or else their zanpakutou would be the size of skyscrapers or something...

so, in the end, Gin actually sucks arse as a Captain level...
the difference is that one is just a bloated ass of under-controlled spirit power while the other is an ability. also keep in mind that gin can, at the very least, change the length at will (the normal length is more like a dagger than a sword). we also don't know whether or not it has more abilities yet (hopefully it does).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
yeah, kubo has been doing that a lot lately.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:43   Link #229
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Can you tell me what page thats on? I can't find it.
Here -

Spoiler for Image:

Look at the building he's sliced in half. Kubo is showing us the inside of it for a reason. It sure as shit doesn't look like a regular concrete building to me.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:46   Link #230
Gin
*Artist

Yeah, but the pillars aren't cylindrical.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:48   Link #231
Langus
Optimus Prime

Pillar = Cylindrical in most definitions of the word. I'm going with Kubo inconsistency on that one because that definitely looks like he sliced a pillar down to me. Which would actually give his 13 km sword purpose.
Old 2010-04-09, 04:28   Link #232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, I mean, why else would a huge building like that with no windows be there? It's just Kubo being Kubo and forgetting they weren't cylindrical like Langus says.
Old 2010-04-09, 04:34   Link #233
Gin
*Artist

Or maybe Gin's Bankai is so strong that it changes the shape of inanimate objects it cuts.
Old 2010-04-09, 04:55   Link #234
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Gin's smashing the 4 towers that `Urahara put in place. then the real karakura town will come back and aizen will grab ichigo and throw him into a giant crock pot and carry out the original plot that has now long since been forgotten.

then the scene switches back to hueco mundo where kenpachi's zanpakuto is revealed to be mr t and rukia sings a lullaby to calm yammy down and he reverts to a baby form. story over.
Old 2010-04-09, 04:57   Link #235
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
keep telling ya....the pillers matted only when needed, they dont matter now...and once all the fights are done and aizen leaves with gin. they will magicly say,"the pillers withstood the onslaught"
Old 2010-04-09, 05:11   Link #236
kamyu

or he wanted to give an impression of strength by accentuating the concrete and rebar.
or it's an odd perspective of a smokestack of some kind.
or he just drew a random cylindrical structure so it isn't all just rectangles.

if kubo is going to destroy another pillar, then it will probably be the last page cliffhanger of the chapter.
Old 2010-04-09, 05:30   Link #237
sochii

well maybe gin's bankai just works like ichigo and his small bankai form(when not 13kms long...)gives him great speed and power boosts just without the getsuga of course. He could be hiding something like that >.> he does control the length afterall <.<
Old 2010-04-09, 05:33   Link #238
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
or he wanted to give an impression of strength by accentuating the concrete and rebar.
or it's an odd perspective of a smokestack of some kind.
or he just drew a random cylindrical structure so it isn't all just rectangles.

if kubo is going to destroy another pillar, then it will probably be the last page cliffhanger of the chapter.

The only time destroying a pillar is going to be a cliffhanger is when they get down to the last one.

Does anyone know how many they have left or how many they started with? Its been so long I can't recall now.
Old 2010-04-09, 05:55   Link #239
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
The only time destroying a pillar is going to be a cliffhanger is when they get down to the last one.

Does anyone know how many they have left or how many they started with? Its been so long I can't recall now.
The only other one that was destroyed, I think, was the one Ikkaku was protecting and Komamura put up some sort of substitute.

The only way I could see a pillar getting destroyed previously would be when Soi Fon released her rocket, but I don't think that destroyed any pillars because they were never mentioned.

But the thing is, Komamura needed to immediately set up a substitue when one was destroyed because the real world was already coming back in that area. So the big question is if Kubo will keep to the consistency and have parts of the real world brought back. If not...then i guess it wasn't actually a pillar (or Kubo is just that bad).
Old 2010-04-09, 07:18   Link #240
lucasd

LOL somebody thinks that Aizen could not see coming of the Ishin?
Are you on drags? Given that he knew of Ichigo legacy etc., counting on Ishin appearance is a sure bet...

Bleach is getting more ridiculous and I thought it was something impossible...
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter thread, manga