AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-22, 17:36   Link #101
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

for it to make any sense whatsoever urahara needed to have discovered the hogyoku, rather than create it.

basically the whole chapter answered one question, and raised so many more.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-04-22, 17:48   Link #102
Casshern

LOL when he does nothing but fights all I want is for him to develop the plot a little bit. When he develops the plot... well then I really wish he would just stick to doing fights.
Old 2010-04-22, 17:54   Link #103
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

so this is the shikon jewel of bleach...
Old 2010-04-22, 19:17   Link #104
Gin
*Artist

I hope Gin and Ichigo aren't done fighting yet. I don't care if Gin dies, I just want him to have one complete fight.
Old 2010-04-22, 19:19   Link #105
Lendial

surely he will go full hollow before he gets axed.
Old 2010-04-22, 21:36   Link #106
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Okay does anyone here actually still think Bleach is a quality manga...?

lol
Old 2010-04-22, 22:17   Link #107
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post

lol
Hahahahaha, no. It's just addictive. Besides from the usual shounen cliches I thought it was really good up until the Aizen betrayal. After that it had some good parts but they were becoming more scattered and scarce. Then all this business with Aizen, pretty much everything he has said during his attack, has totally destroyed any shred of quality left... for this arc at least... hopefully.
Old 2010-04-22, 22:33   Link #108
Vinak
Procrastinator

maybe we should start a letter writing campaign...or start up an online petition...

This chapter trumps all other chapters in its level of disappointment.
Old 2010-04-22, 23:55   Link #109
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

I have to be honest. Kubo has the best ideas out of most writers out ther and his art is outstanding, but he really needs to put some real thought into how he is gonna put those ideas together. I mean think about the hougyoku. It's an amazing idea, just like zanpakuto, the hollows, the whole manga is so original. That's why I love bleach. And it sucks when I see all these great ideas coming together in such a lackluster way. Gotta admit though. Aizen is the most mindf*** character I have seen in a manga in forever.
Old 2010-04-23, 00:06   Link #110
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer
Story nope, combat and drawing style yes.

So uh, the king's key bullshit is going to be even more hax than the hogyoku aond aizen because why would aizen bother otherwise.

And how the hell does Ichigo keep up with Kami Shini no Yari's speed of 137500 m/s.
Seriously Gin needs to snipe NOW, it would take less than tenth of a second I think for the blade to extend the full 13 km at that insane speed. He can even use it as a fucking sniping machine gun. Extension + retraction at two tenths of a second from 13 km away.
Ya rly that fast, and he's been attacking Ichigo from how far? Not even a km. How is Ichigo moving fast enough to block the blade which reaches him in a tenth of a second divided by more than 13...
Old 2010-04-23, 00:32   Link #111
Alchemist007
*Author

Well Ichigo's bankai is made for speed after all. Gin sees his dodging as a fluke but I think its purely skill from all the "training" he went through in HM.
Old 2010-04-23, 00:41   Link #112
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Urahara just jumped in...my two cookies go on this:
Urahara:" Why hello there Aizen, been a while"
Aizen:"Yes, thanks for making this awesome hogyoku, see how h4x it made me?"
Urahara:"Dude, how can YOU have the hogyoku when I am the one who created it? Did you really think I just threw it away? The one you merged with is a dummy, THIS is the real one!"
Aizen:" >:O"
Old 2010-04-23, 00:43   Link #113
Alchemist007
*Author

"I was hoping you'd put it in yourself, now see what it does!"
*Aizen explodes*
Old 2010-04-23, 01:04   Link #114
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

Now I know manga aren't really built on logic but I think you misunderstand the speed we are dealing with. I don't know how far Gin is from Ichigo, but at a distance of 500 meters. Kami Shini no Yari can reach him in 0.00363636364 seconds. If Gin is closer that time is even less.

Also note that we are dealing with the same gimped Ichigo that somehow forgot what flash stepping is/cannot replicate his old speed vs Byakuya.
Old 2010-04-23, 01:06   Link #115
strategos

So...
Did Urahara created the hogyoku or did he discover it? How did Aizen was successful into making the vizards if Urahara had the item? How did it end up in Rukia's Body?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2010-04-23, 01:20   Link #116
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Now I know manga aren't really built on logic but I think you misunderstand the speed we are dealing with. I don't know how far Gin is from Ichigo, but at a distance of 500 meters. Kami Shini no Yari can reach him in 0.00363636364 seconds. If Gin is closer that time is even less.

Also note that we are dealing with the same gimped Ichigo that somehow forgot what flash stepping is/cannot replicate his old speed vs Byakuya.
Now take that speed and imagine how hard the recoil would fuck up Gin's shoulder if he was to retract at full speed...not to mention machine-gun jabs
Quote:
Did Urahara created the hogyoku or did he discover it? How did Aizen was successful into making the vizards if Urahara had the item? How did it end up in Rukia's Body?
Urahara created it, he sealed it in Rukia because supposedly nobody would find it there. He hid it because he deemed it to be too dangerous. Now how the hell Aizen sniffed out anything about this top secret project and when he got his hands on Urahara's experiments are two different things; the latter only happened when Ichigo came to SS (Aizen killing C46 and secluding himself in the great library, trying to find the extraction method), which is where the controversy kicks in.
Old 2010-04-23, 03:10   Link #117
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I have really just given up on trying to understand this manga's logic (or complete lack thereof.) Whatever. The guys, for the most part, are hot and good at fighting, so my interest is definitely going to be caught and hell I've been reading this for how many years now? Who cares if the SS Arc was ultimately... pointless... along with the Arrancar Arc and really any attempt of story telling?

Oh f*ck it! Just show me some hot guys fighting to the death! That's so good old popcorn eating action! Does it make any sense? No. Is it trying to? I really can't tell at this point but all signs point to no. Oh well, I've been on this ride for awhile now, so I might as well finish it.
Old 2010-04-23, 07:36   Link #118
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ah, Urahara put a hole through Aizen and not just blast him....

Anyway! PLOTHOLE AHOY!!!! Hey Kubo, did you know Rukia didn't get the Hougyoku thingy until she already gave up her powers and got the gigai because well you know, Urahara still has it in possession at the time? OMFGBBQ!!!
Old 2010-04-23, 07:42   Link #119
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Now take that speed and imagine how hard the recoil would fuck up Gin's shoulder if he was to retract at full speed...not to mention machine-gun jabs
heh newton's law is only half of it. (not really)

Lets not forget how much heat would be generated from the conversion of energy into matter and back again each time Gin extends and contracts his sword.

Then of course we have to take into consideration wind resistance. The speed at which it travels would probably cause it to disintegrate. Shunpo itself would probably cause the same affects on the body.

So it is kind of pointless trying to rationalize why or why not Gin uses his ability in this way. Kubo is a shortsighted individual. "nuff said"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
...Oh well, I've been on this ride for awhile now, so I might as well finish it.
This is pretty much the only reason any of us still read/watch this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ah, Urahara put a hole through Aizen and not just blast him....

Anyway! PLOTHOLE AHOY!!!! Hey Kubo, did you know Rukia didn't get the Hougyoku thingy until she already gave up her powers and got the gigai because well you know, Urahara still has it in possession at the time? OMFGBBQ!!!
No she didn't.
Old 2010-04-23, 08:02   Link #120
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
No she didn't.
Yeah she did, or did you forget like Kubo did? Urahara gave her a gigai with the Hougyoku inside in an attempt to destroy it by causing it to merge with Rukia and the gigai making her a "human". Aizen "planned" this as a means of obtaining the hougyoku.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread