AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-15, 08:44   Link #761
EroKing

Yea, does feel like there's quite a lot of story left. Most likely going to end with a cliffhanger like Deadman Wonderland >.>
Old 2011-09-15, 12:26   Link #762
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One notable thing here though - I think the latest episode mentioned that Koushirou is next in line to be Hyuga Elder, and that change alone (him replacing the current Hyuga Elder) should improve things considerably. But then, that's only a temporary fix. It doesn't justify the village system itself, any more than a genuinely good King justifies a traditional Monarchy system (over, say, Democracy).
Wouldn't Kyouhei theoretically be in line to become the Kuga head eventually, if he were to re-embrace his Seki-tude and move home? I personally don't think the village as it exists is worth saving, but if any pair could be the harbingers of change, it would be those two. They've already proven they can work together.

I would also note that while the series may end somewhere around chapter 40, they've skipped some chapters on the way. They'd have around 20-25 chapters to work with if they started immediately (which they won't) and if they waited a year, they'd have plenty. You can easily do an adaptation at about 2 chapters per episode, and Brains Base has proven they're an outstanding studio for anime-original material when needed.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 13:31   Link #763
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wouldn't Kyouhei theoretically be in line to become the Kuga head eventually, if he were to re-embrace his Seki-tude and move home? I personally don't think the village as it exists is worth saving, but if any pair could be the harbingers of change, it would be those two. They've already proven they can work together.
Is he? I mean I think it was mentioned that his father was the younger brother, and that Kyouhei's uncle and grandfather were the ones in charge.

That said, I think just the fact that Kyouhei holding the position of Seki should give him some room to make substantial changes (and if Koushirou were to become the head of the Hyuga, that would help as well by reforming the other clan at the same time) but the problem (aside from him having to take away Uto's position) is whether or not Kyouhei stops trying to run away and relaying on others to solve everything, and actually does use the political power he holds.

That was really the issue with Kyouhei, even when he was a Seki. The attitude that he needs to go to his father to solve things, but wouldn't take things into his own hand. He saw that there was a problem with the way how Seki were allowed to be bullies towards everyone else, and decided to go to his father to complain and his father was pretty blunt about how he can't do anything (he's not a Seki, and from the sound of it, no one seems like they care what he does or think) and that if Kyouhei wants things to change, he needs to go the head himself and make his case. Instead Kyouhei continued to sulk, until the stuff with Aki happened, where he ran away from everything, instead of trying to gain more power (politically) to insure that this sort of thing wouldn't happen again.

Unless he fixes that, I don't think it matters if he becomes a Seki again.
Old 2011-09-15, 15:22   Link #764
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

I would also note that while the series may end somewhere around chapter 40, they've skipped some chapters on the way. They'd have around 20-25 chapters to work with if they started immediately (which they won't) and if they waited a year, they'd have plenty. You can easily do an adaptation at about 2 chapters per episode, and Brains Base has proven they're an outstanding studio for anime-original material when needed.
Well I'm not quite sure they've proven that since a lot of time has passed and really a quick alliance during a dangerous situation is different from long term cooperation. Certainly that's one less violent way to change the village though. The problem is that Kyouhei doesn't want to go back and doesn't seem interested in Mahiru. Both are somewhat critical problems to this idea.

Still something clearly has to be done in that village. Just think that someone like Mahiru might not be the best option in terms of future village leadership.
Old 2011-09-15, 16:24   Link #765
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

By "those two" I mean Kyouhei and Koushirou! I think Mahiru would about as horrific a choice as you could possibly make for any sort of leadership role...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 17:00   Link #766
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
All I have to say this episode is that boob fondling scene was delicious. *SLUR*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 20:45   Link #767
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
To: Jin,

Quote:
All I have to say this episode is that boob fondling scene was delicious. *SLUR*
Dont you mean **SLURP** as in slurp up the drool coming from the cornern of your mouth thinking about Hibo-san in KAMI-sutra positions?

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 06:32   Link #768
zzhk
Summary Machine

Utao's cookies are anime original (or their origin, at least), but it actually makes the scene better.
Though I think Utao's efforts to reconcile are largely negated by her insistence on being the older sister (and all the obedience and social hierarchy that go with it).
Other than jealousy over Utao's life of comfort, I'm sure a large part of Kirio's conviction that Utao is useless (before he even met her) comes from Mahiru's indoctrination.
Ever time Mahiru talks about Kyouhei giving up being a seki, she almost has to bash Utao at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It's really weird, on one shot he really did look like Utao (those eyebrows)
Utao and Kirio are just standard half identical twins -- identical in every way except gender.
Even Kyouhei was taken aback the first time they met.
Let's just hope Kirio doesn't grow up to star in his own version of Monster.

Quote:
Moyako lol. Too bad, she can't pair up with a bad good guy like me since she's neutral
I thought Moyako would appeal to true masochists.
It would totally have been within character for her to give Koushiro a punch for that "onee-san" comment, just like when she socked Kyouhei a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
@Guardian Enzo, is Utao role in the manga series still focus on or she was sweep aside? She my favorite and I was first entice by the cover image of "Damisama Dolls" of loli + mecha + mom. Yes, I thought Hibino was Utao mom in the cover image at the time.
Fan services force upon Hibino is awesome fun.

There even loli here for certain targeted audiences, oh ya, the development/back-story is decent.
Utao's role in the manga is identical to the anime, there's no change in presentation.
If the author's character descriptions count for anything, Utao is "female protagonist A" while Hibino is "female protagonist B."
Your mention of cover appearances is a good point, and indicates marketing potential.
Utao appears in every single cover but one.
Kyouhei, on the other hand, only one.

Quote:

I think it is important to point out that Seki status has nothing to do with being family head.
Take Old Man Hyuga for example. Was he ever a seki?
Spoiler for Was Old Man Hyuga ever a seki?:
Is Old Man Kuga a seki?
Spoiler for Is Old Man Kuga a seki?:

Seki is a respected position, yes, especially in the eyes of normal villagers.
In the eyes of the family head? See Utao's prostration and Kirio's utter terror.

That said, Kyouhei is probably not in line for the Kuga succession, regardless of whether he gave up being a seki or not.
This is clear from the way that Kyouhei's father defers all village matters to his father and elder brother.
The Kuga patriarch clearly favours Kyouhei's uncle and presumably that branch of the family.

Furthermore, it needs to be said that the two family rivalry isn't really the main problem.
To the other villagers, it doesn't really matter whether they are ruled by one or two families.
The stifling village atmosphere arises from the absolute dominance of the ruling class over the other villagers.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 03:44   Link #769
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

So at the time of this post, no ep 12 preview was posted on the site yet.

And take a look at that inflatable Kukuri doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Utao's cookies are anime original (or their origin, at least), but it actually makes the scene better.
It's nice how she has progressed throughout this series. Her time in the cafe certainly hasn't gone to waste

Quote:
Utao and Kirio are just standard half identical twins -- identical in every way except gender.
I was actually taking from memory what I remember seeing way back in ep 04, when Kirio confronts Utao for the first time. You'll see he has an extra set of lashes, which my manga-ka senses are telling me the more lashes there are, the more girly she'll be

Quote:
I thought Moyako would appeal to true masochists.
It would totally have been within character for her to give Koushiro a punch for that "onee-san" comment, just like when she socked Kyouhei a good one.
Punching Koushirou really would be in her character (she at least had a nice comeback), but I think it has a lot to do the guys' reactions. For example Kyohei's teasing of Moyako going shopping was a bit on the mockery side, while Koushirou's "beautiful oneesan" comment was dead-honest flattery, with his delivery being that of a married man
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 07:46   Link #770
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The difference being that Koushirou is a Seki, while Kyouhei is not, so no punch protection especial privileges for him.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 08:24   Link #771
zzhk
Summary Machine

Not really, Koushiro got a punch to the gut earlier in a scene that was modified in the anime.
Spoiler for manga:
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 10:21   Link #772
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So at the time of this post, no ep 12 preview was posted on the site yet.

And take a look at that inflatable Kukuri doll
I was wondering why they have not updated the site with episode 12, but it seems they were busy with...
http://www.kamisama-anime.jp/mahiru_maniax/
(; ・`ω・´)

Sneak peak of the first two DVD bonuses:
http://www.kamisama-anime.jp/mahiru_.../benefits.html

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 15:04   Link #773
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I was wondering why they have not updated the site with episode 12, but it seems they were busy with...
(; ・`ω・´)

Wait? What is this Mahiru maniax?

And lol at ep 12. The three are like, "Man, Utao and Mahiru suck in fighting"

Lol, at mahiru slap. Yea, you show that Kakashi who's boss! xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 16:02   Link #774
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Wow. Oh, hell wow. Sh*t just got real here.

People, for goodness sake watch beyond the credits.
Spoiler for EP 12 END:

In other news, I genuinely welled up at the end to this episode - it feels as though Kyohei may just manage to save Hibino (what with his scream at the end). Then, right out of nowhere (as per diablous ex machina),
Spoiler for EP 12:

Magatsuhi takes the prize for being the most fearsome of the dolls -
Spoiler for EP 12:

Top episode of the series. I've honestly loved this series since I picked it up - and regardless of what happens in the final episode, this is my anime of Summer 2011. Whether it's the anime of Summer 2011 is questionable (I noticed one of the Summer animes got it's own subforum, after all) - but I haven't seen anything better this season.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 16:48   Link #775
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(; ・`ω・´)

Hahaha oh wow, this is amazing. Really wish I could read all that, especially Mahiru's comments about Hibino and Utao's specials. So I take it she's super popular already, huh? At least among the staff.
Old 2011-09-20, 17:18   Link #776
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

It's going to be hard to organize thoughts right now, but ALL the characters (except maybe Aki) earned their place in this episode.

And wow: Utao and Kirio both were worried about big bro. We almost have a family moment here.

(And no, Kirio, you weren't fooling anyone with your tsundbro attitude.)
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 17:31   Link #777
Sides

I am hyped for the final now, cannot wait for next week. I really hope the final will be amazing, after this weeks episode.
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 17:33   Link #778
blitz1/2

I think the kakashis are bleeding tree syrup. xD

Old 2011-09-20, 18:57   Link #779
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Mahiru is a superb antagonist.

I wish more people could see her that way, because once you do, you realize just what a great theatrical antagonist she is. This anime has done an excellent job of capturing her in imposing, menacing, and
scenery-chewing poses. Episode 12 had some nice facial close-ups of her, showing her most malevolent and threatening side.

As a yandere, Mahiru is truly a cut or two above, as she's far more than just a yandere. I like how Episode 12 explores her egotism a bit, and shows how she is very ambitious and power-hungry in a general sense. Her character design is a very nice one for a 'bad guy' too: Villains almost always look good in stylish purple.

In fairness, I don't think that Mahiru wants to kill anybody, as we see by how she was relieved that Hibino was caught by the protagonist gang. But she is dangerous and reckless, and could easily unintentionally kill someone (when she just wanted to rough them up a bit instead). As dangerous and reckless as she is, her motivation is fleshed out exceptionally well, and there is a bit of a method to her madness.

In any event, Episode 12 was very good overall, and at a sheer enjoyment level, it was my favorite of the entire series so far. That big, chaotic battle was loads of dramatic fun, and it was neat to see both Utao and Kirio show real concern over Kyohei. The BGM for the fight was nicely done as well.

Hopefully, this anime will carry an excellent episode 12 into an equally strong concluding episode, to end everything off on a high note.
Old 2011-09-20, 19:31   Link #780
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mahiru is a superb antagonist.

I wish more people could see her that way, because once you do, you realize just what a great theatrical antagonist she is. This anime has done an excellent job of capturing her in imposing, menacing, and
scenery-chewing poses. Episode 12 had some nice facial close-ups of her, showing her most malevolent and threatening side.

As a yandere, Mahiru is truly a cut or two above, as she's far more than just a yandere. I like how Episode 12 explores her egotism a bit, and shows how she is very ambitious and power-hungry in a general sense. Her character design is a very nice one for a 'bad guy' too: Villains almost always look good in stylish purple.

In fairness, I don't think that Mahiru wants to kill anybody, as we see by how she was relieved that Hibino was caught by the protagonist gang. But she is dangerous and reckless, and could easily unintentionally kill someone (when she just wanted to rough them up a bit instead). As dangerous and reckless as she is, her motivation is fleshed out exceptionally well, and there is a bit of a method to her madness.

In any event, Episode 12 was very good overall, and at a sheer enjoyment level, it was my favorite of the entire series so far. That big, chaotic battle was loads of dramatic fun, and it was neat to see both Utao and Kirio show real concern over Kyohei. The BGM for the fight was nicely done as well.

Hopefully, this anime will carry an excellent episode 12 into an equally strong concluding episode, to end everything off on a high note.
Or make it inconclusive enough for a season 2, I mean there's still the Hyuga problem

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen