AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 12:48   Link #821
ookamigirl

Hibino kidnapped. Kuuko saved her. Kuuko vs Hirashiro was intense & short.
The 2nd save by Kuga & Utao was pretty interesting ^^
Mahiru still on a jealous rampage... Utao vs Mahiru clash was action filled, but the kakashi rebellion was an unexpected bonus!
Saving Hibino part 3 is to be continued..
Pretty awesome episode this time!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 13:05   Link #822
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The first volume has moved into the top 100 on Amazon.jp for both BD and DVD, so that's a good sign for a second season. Not great so far, but decent numbers.

I love this adaptation, but I really wish they'd adapted chapters at a somewhat slower pace. With 9+ volumes there should really have been enough manga for 2 seasons, but they're blowing through chapters like candy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 13:32   Link #823
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ah I see they were made in canada ^^
Any news on soundtrack or second series? Really want one of kakashi's song as ring tone on my phone ^^.
hey, don't diss our maple syrup, it was GOOD! (well, from my childhood that is)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 15:09   Link #824
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ah I see they were made in canada ^^
It would explain how they got Celine Dion to voice Magatsuhi.

I don't recall them having blood before, regardless of damage. Rule of Cool, I guess. Kamisama Dolls has done a great job of not making Kyohei a wimp. I really believed when I saw that stinger that he's about to tear apart anyone who gets in his way.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:10   Link #825
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
It would explain how they got Celine Dion to voice Magatsuhi.

I don't recall them having blood before, regardless of damage. Rule of Cool, I guess. Kamisama Dolls has done a great job of not making Kyohei a wimp. I really believed when I saw that stinger that he's about to tear apart anyone who gets in his way.
Think there's an answer to that - I don't think that blood belongs to Magatsuhi. I think the blood belongs to Mahiru.

If you think about it, a kakashi is linked to it's Seki via blood (think back to the first few episodes when Utao became a Seki herself - some of her blood is inside Kukuri).

I'd wager that the blood inserted into the kakashi is placed within the Control Centre - and seeing as how Magatsuhi had it's Control Centre broken, that blood would've been released (and subsequently splattered across Magatsuhi).

Just my 0.02p. Might be wrong, but it makes sense if you think about it.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:04   Link #826
Zodiamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I guess we can officially roundfile the "Mahiru is harmless" notion now that she's tried to throw Hibino off a skyscraper.
Welcome to many days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
If you think about it, a kakashi is linked to it's Seki via blood (think back to the first few episodes when Utao became a Seki herself - some of her blood is inside Kukuri).

I'd wager that the blood inserted into the kakashi is placed within the Control Centre - and seeing as how Magatsuhi had it's Control Centre broken, that blood would've been released (and subsequently splattered across Magatsuhi).
In some episode they do show the process, the kakashi don't need that much blood, only a drop.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:00   Link #827
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Doesn't that mean that Kohei's blood is still in there?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:32   Link #828
Serp
Moving along....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Doesn't that mean that Kohei's blood is still in there?
I don't think so. Kakashi seem to have a will of their own and Kyohei subconscious call took possession of Kukuri from Utao. That is partly why they showed the flash back of when Aki took back his kakashi.

See, what they are doing in this series, quite well I might add, is using the standard Shonen main character attribute of power. The power of protection. Don't get me wrong I think Kamisama dolls is doing an excellent job of this, mostly due to the choice of narrative. The author created a world that is extremely interesting and a format that leaves you wanting more, I think this is more of a credit of the animation staff but what do I know...I've only read the few chapters that have been scanned.

I stated something about the control mechanism before but I don't think my point came across well enough. I think that all Kakashi deep down are like Amaterasu except they might have been easier to tame. There is also something I read in the manga section but I won't bring it up here.
I mean if you think about it all the times that the Kakashi have been actingsomewhat on their own something violent happens.

Aki and the mass murder
Amaterasu straight up eating people...lol
Kyohei obliterating Amaterasu

I don't know...but I think this is Kyohei's thinking as well since he says that wielding that power can only bring about misery.

The next episode should have been titled:
Kuga Kyohei...the beast!

Last edited by Serp; 2011-09-22 at 02:19.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 03:26   Link #829
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

That cliffhanger. Kuuko saved the day
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 03:49   Link #830
elior

i think there will be second season becouze they didnt explain yet about that look evil kakashi amatseru who was sealed in the village and also they didnt fight him yet so there is chance for season 2
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:42   Link #831
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
i think there will be second season becouze they didnt explain yet about that look evil kakashi amatseru who was sealed in the village and also they didnt fight him yet so there is chance for season 2
They can't make a season 2 yet, as there is only 1 volume of raw material left to animate after ep 12.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:38   Link #832
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
hmm exciting episode, I think Kyohei has control of Kukuri. The reason why I think that is because in the past Kyohei was unconscious when he controled Kukuri with the left hand, now that he's knocked out I think he has control over Kukuri now. The glowing green eyes of kukuri also another sign of it getting a power up or something. I think this is possible because didn't Aki stopped being a seki but then regain control over it again.
Old 2011-09-23, 02:27   Link #833
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Just cannot resist posting
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 08:04   Link #834
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Heh. I was just talking to a fried about how Kamisama Dolls seemed like a low-budget version of Evangelion. In-show low budget, that is.

"We wanted to use the power of God to blow up Tokyo, but couldn't afford to keep rebuilding an entire city. So we had to settle for some damage to apartment buildings."

"We couldn't afford 30 meter giant robots made of flesh and metal... so we made them about ten feet tall and made out of wood."

"First Contact was supposed to nuke Antarctica... but we had to settle with a forest fire out in the country side."

"We couldn't afford an actor who could pose as a menacing, emotionally abusive father to act as a looming antagonist... so we found some kid-beater geezer."

"Teenage angst and music players cost too much, so we got a little girl and cake."
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 10:49   Link #835
klare

Kuuko is too smart, that guy is too dumb, the old man... he is not important

just as many have mentioned, i also think Kyohei is going to take over Kukuri, Aki might show up too so everyone will appear there in the final eps

and this is a very good eps
Old 2011-09-23, 23:33   Link #836
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm surprised people have been saying Mahiru isn't deliberately trying to hurt or kill anyone, when back in episode 10 one of the first things she did was try to smash Koushirou straight in the face. He did dodge the blow (and his cool shades were nicked off), but that moment firmly established Mahiru's dangerous, chaotic character for me. As most others have said though, she is certainly very entertaining to watch.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 23:40   Link #837
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Essentially what people here are saying is that it isn't quite appropriate to fit her into an antagonist role in such a black and white manner. There are shades of grey here, and she definitely falls into the grey area rather than someone actively trying to be evil and do something evil. Her maturity and her age show us that she isn't very emotionally controlled and hence chaotic. She does try to harm people at times, but is never actively shown to be a person who is trying to kill people. Honestly she is no less dangerous than Kirio was and I don't see people trying to make him out to be that little evil bastard.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 23:57   Link #838
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Essentially what people here are saying is that it isn't quite appropriate to fit her into an antagonist role in such a black and white manner. There are shades of grey here, and she definitely falls into the grey area rather than someone actively trying to be evil and do something evil. Her maturity and her age show us that she isn't very emotionally controlled and hence chaotic.
As for episodes 10-12, Mahiru was an antagonist because she was a significant opposition to the interests of Kyouhei, Hibino and the other characters. By now, after losing control over Magatsuhi, Mahiru might no longer be an antagonist but you can't ignore her role over the previous episodes. And yes, I love how gray all the characters of this anime are. It makes for some excellent drama and comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
She does try to harm people at times, but is never actively shown to be a person who is trying to kill people. Honestly she is no less dangerous than Kirio was and I don't see people trying to make him out to be that little evil bastard.
See my post above. If what you're saying is really true, then I can just blame the manga author for exaggerating Mahiru's outburst to lethal levels. And wasn't Utao the one who attacked Kirio to begin with?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:04   Link #839
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mahiro does not = Kirio in terms of danger level (or moral culpability, for that matter). No way, no how, nuh-uh.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:36   Link #840
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The only thing she's done worst than Kirio is kidnap Hibino. Otherwise he put them in nearly the same danger intentionally.

EDIT: I see where your picking at me by. What I meant by dangerous was moral culpability, not anything else.

Last edited by Reckoner; 2011-09-24 at 01:04.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen