AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-25, 08:22   Link #41
Direwolf18

I'm really hoping Glorie joins the Inner Palace.

And yea in the manga it seemed like Aria wanted to study more and be useful as a political/economical advisor to her King as well as his woman. She must know she can't serve him on the field of battle, at least not like a frigging dragon princess. If she can establish herself in the council chamber that will have much more long term value then the ability to incinerate a cavalry platoon.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 08:37   Link #42
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
I'm really hoping Glorie joins the Inner Palace.

And yea in the manga it seemed like Aria wanted to study more and be useful as a political/economical advisor to her King as well as his woman. She must know she can't serve him on the field of battle, at least not like a frigging dragon princess. If she can establish herself in the council chamber that will have much more long term value then the ability to incinerate a cavalry platoon.
Spoiler for Glorie:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 16:14   Link #43
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Spoiler for Glorie:
That doesn't seem possible considering our guy is the king of the country the empire wants to destroy. An enemy leader can't just marry his way into the throne of a country that hates his guts.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 16:52   Link #44
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That doesn't seem possible considering our guy is the king of the country the empire wants to destroy. An enemy leader can't just marry his way into the throne of a country that hates his guts.
Well yea, there is a number of historical examples starting with Alexander the great. There is a reason he and his top generals took Persian brides. It can get thrown into the peace process to make it slightly more palpable for the defeated foe. It's actually been a pretty standard tactic for monarchies. Think of queen Victoria, or Austrian empress Maria. They were EXPERTS of marrying off their kids and in the process gaining claims to the throne. How do you think great Britain has a ruling family that is from frigging Germany (Hanover in particular). Up until ww1 when they changed the name it was called the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

Ever hear of the 100 year war? England had some kinda legitimate claims to the French crown over this sorta thing.

Last edited by Direwolf18; 2014-11-25 at 18:10.
Old 2014-11-25, 17:48   Link #45
Amanomurakumo

When I read the manga the first time, I actually thought Aria would turn out to be an assassin, because she was introduced almost immediately after Lectival was told to watch out for assassins, but it seems like nothing actually came of that, since no assassination attempts seem to have taken place since then, unless you count that soldier from Glorie's camp.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 18:58   Link #46
bakato

Quote:
Well yea, there is a number of historical examples starting with Alexander the great. There is a reason he and his top generals took Persian brides. It can get thrown into the peace process to make it slightly more palpable for the defeated foe. It's actually been a pretty standard tactic for monarchies. Think of queen Victoria, or Austrian empress Maria. They were EXPERTS of marrying off their kids and in the process gaining claims to the throne. How do you think great Britain has a ruling family that is from frigging Germany (Hanover in particular). Up until ww1 when they changed the name it was called the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

Ever hear of the 100 year war? England had some kinda legitimate claims to the French crown over this sorta thing.
But this is different. The countries in question are already at war with each other and the empire wants to take the kingdom and its warm, bountiful resources. All of its citizens hate non-human species and the kingdom. I doubt they'd take kindly to the white king just marrying his way to their throne.
Old 2014-11-25, 19:09   Link #47
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
But this is different. The countries in question are already at war with each other and the empire wants to take the kingdom and its warm, bountiful resources. All of its citizens hate non-human species and the kingdom. I doubt they'd take kindly to the white king just marrying his way to their throne.
They would if they got benefits from his rule, like better resources, after all, it is really the rulers using human supremacist dogma to maintain control of the populace by diverting resentment away from their own inadequacies and towards the other country.

If Lectival could provide the common people with food and fuel for heating, I'm pretty sure they would not care where it came from.

Sure, he would probably have to kill or otherwise defang all the nobles and existing powers in the Empire first and remove opposition.
Old 2014-11-25, 19:12   Link #48
Direwolf18

Quote:
Compared to Napolean after he maried Marie Louise the daughter of Austraian Emperor Francis II after he whooped their asses... God how many times? These weren't love taps either, Napolean crushed the Austrian army repeatedly. hundred of thousands of Austrians died. History is a really interesting thing.

There is a difference between marying a daughter off and giving the daughters husband the throne. Although if the empire is completely crushed and becomes a subsidiary under the kingdom (usualt works in reverse) it becomes a lot more realistic that he could claim the throne. Or his kid with the princess could at least. Their throne is hereditary.
Old 2014-11-25, 19:27   Link #49
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
They would if they got benefits from his rule, like better resources, after all, it is really the rulers using human supremacist dogma to maintain control of the populace by diverting resentment away from their own inadequacies and towards the other country.

If Lectival could provide the common people with food and fuel for heating, I'm pretty sure they would not care where it came from.

Sure, he would probably have to kill or otherwise defang all the nobles and existing powers in the Empire first and remove opposition.
I don't know. We seem to disagree on their priorities. The beliefs of people, especially those regarding supremacy of a single race, are not easily forgotten, at least that's what I believe.

Quote:
Compared to Napolean after he maried Marie Louise the daughter of Austraian Emperor Francis II after he whooped their asses... God how many times? These weren't love taps either, Napolean crushed the Austrian army repeatedly. hundred of thousands of Austrians died. History is a really interesting thing.

There is a difference between marying a daughter off and giving the daughters husband the throne. Although if the empire is completely crushed and becomes a subsidiary under the kingdom (usualt works in reverse) it becomes a lot more realistic that he could claim the throne. Or his kid with the princess could at least. Their throne is hereditary.
Ah ha. But that would mean that he isn't just marrying his way to the throne. He would have to crush and beat them into submission first. Marrying his way to their throne would just be a formality then. Fact of the matter is it isn't possible without beating them.
Old 2014-11-25, 20:26   Link #50
Direwolf18

Quote:
Ah ha. But that would mean that he isn't just marrying his way to the throne. He would have to crush and beat them into submission first. Marrying his way to their throne would just be a formality then. Fact of the matter is it isn't possible without beating them.
Sorry I thought that was a given considering the whooping he is going to be giving them in the next few chapters. Which i'm still disappointed Glorie just disappears. How do you have such a great character and then write themouf of the story. At least she isn't killed.
Old 2014-11-25, 20:50   Link #51
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Sorry I thought that was a given considering the whooping he is going to be giving them in the next few chapters. Which i'm still disappointed Glorie just disappears. How do you have such a great character and then write themouf of the story. At least she isn't killed.
Normally a general wouldn't stick around after a defeat.
She'll surely return to the plot when the Empire mounts a new assault on the Kingdom, or Lectival goes to the Empire.
Old 2014-11-25, 21:03   Link #52
Direwolf18

Ah but apparently another 1-2 Imperial Princess DO make an appearance. Just not the one I am growing attached to.
Old 2014-11-26, 22:39   Link #53
bakato

Quote:
Well, the previous spoiler made it sound like that was all there was to it.

Quote:
Ah but apparently another 1-2 Imperial Princess DO make an appearance. Just not the one I am growing attached to.
If they don't have a chest like Glorie, they're not going to grow on me either.
Old 2014-11-29, 11:46   Link #54
maniac88

For those who still wondering about Aria

Spoiler for Aria:

Last edited by maniac88; 2014-11-29 at 11:58.
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 11:47   Link #55
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
For those who still wondering about Aria

Spoiler for aria:
Thank you! I was wondering whether she actually liked him or not.
Old 2014-11-29, 12:05   Link #56
maniac88

btw, those event happen after the struggle with the north... iirc, there's 5 girl's occupying the bed,
and before Lectival dropping the bomb that the empire sending a princess to be wed to him making all the girls present furious.
Old 2014-11-29, 13:59   Link #57
Mechatrill

Huh... 5 you say...

Let's see we've already got Meriela and Lilicia.

Are we counting Aria? Or Vilia (LN had a blurb earlier on that makes it seem likely)?

For people who joins post current place in the manga:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mechatrill; 2014-11-29 at 14:11.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 22:04   Link #58
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Huh... 5 you say...

Let's see we've already got Meriela and Lilicia.

Are we counting Aria? Or Vilia (LN had a blurb earlier on that makes it seem likely)?

For people who joins post current place in the manga:
Spoiler:
Ah sorry,, it's seven actually..
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-11-29, 22:23   Link #59
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
Ah sorry,, it's seven actually..
Spoiler for :
Actually,from my sources
Spoiler for spoilers from other websites,may not be accurate:

By the way,here is a map of the kingdom.
Spoiler for map:

Spoiler for illustration of the cast:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-11-29 at 22:34.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 22:33   Link #60
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Actually,from my sources
Spoiler for spoilers from other websites,may not be accurate:
I was talking about that particular event (the one which I translate, there's only 7 at the moment).

Hell, maybe it will comes to that. Not long after the struggle with the north, you know the north will send 1 princess (glorie's niece, the first prince daughter), other country that boast the greatest naval fleet also sending 1 princess, not to mention.. Vilia also might Join the inner palace.

Tags
harem